Author Topic: Choosing an AV Receiver  (Read 196038 times)

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
Re: Choosing an AV Receiver
« Reply #720 on: Mar 09, 2010 at 07:55 PM »
http://gizmodo.com/5488963/onkyos-tx+sr608-is-the-first-thx+certified-3d-av-receiver-and-has-six-hdmi-inputs   

Onkyo USA has announced March deliveries of its first 3D-Ready home theater receivers and home theater in a box (HTiB) systems. The new models consist of three A/V receivers and three HTiB systems ranging in price from $299 to $599, and all of them support the new HDMI v1.4 connectivity standard for new 3D video displays and Audio Return Channel capabilities. All are exceptionally well equipped to provide a superior music, home theater sound and video experience, with high build-quality and offering excellent value.

For Onkyo, a name that translates roughly to 'sound harmony' in Japanese, sound quality is preeminent. All these new receivers and HTiBs now decode lossless Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio bitstreams, and include new 192-kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown PCM1690 DAC's that are highly resistant to clock jitter and provide a remarkable 113-dB dynamic range. The lineup includes Onkyo's new easy-to-setup overlaid onscreen graphical display that lets the user watch the program in the background while using the function menus. Additionally, all 2010 HDMI v1.4 models include a new feature call HDMI Thru. HDMI Thru allows content to pass through to the TV when the receiver is in a standby state.

The new TX-SR608 7.2-channel THX-Select2 Plus certified receiver has new power amplifier section that uses three-stage inverted Darlington output topology, and a power boost from 90 to 100 watts. Audyssey DSX dimensional sound processing has been added to its predecessor's Dolby PLIIz capabilities. Additionally, all video sources, including those using the new PC input, and regardless of source resolution, can be upscaled to big and beautiful 1080p via HDMI and Faroudja DCDi Cinema™. The TX-SR608 will also include a front HDMI input, a feature first introduced by Onkyo in 2009. The TX-SR608 will be available in April at an MSRP of $599.

The 5.1-channel TX-SR308 and 7.1-channel TX-SR508 round out this initial announcement of A/V Receivers from Onkyo. The TX-SR308 will be available in March with an MSRP of $299, a followed by the TX-SR508 in April for $399.

The HTiB package systems, which each consist of a receiver, speakers and a subwoofer, are the 5.1-channel HT-S3300 and 7.1-channel HT-S5300; the latter also includes an iPod dock. Thanks to the HDMI interface and the use of advanced Dolby and DTS codecs, all of these receivers and systems are also capable of decoding lossless Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. The HT-S3300 will ship in March with an MSRP of $379, followed by the HT-S5300 in April for $599.

A third packaged system departs from the traditional HTiB form factor and uses a combination subwoofer and 3D Ready A/V receiver plus two front speakers. It uses Onkyo's own Theater-Dimensional processor to create an immersive and convincing surround effect through just 2.1 channels. The HTX-22HDX has three HDMI v1.4 inputs, handles HD audio formats from DTS and Dolby; offers four distinct audio modes for gaming; and outputs for additional speakers. The HTX-22HDX will ship in May with a $349 MSRP.

"Onkyo's 2010 entry-level product line represents a significant jump over last year's line," said Paul Wasek, Onkyo USA's marketing manager. "We are excited to deliver this first wave of 3D capable products. By upgrading to 1.4, even on the least expensive HTiB, we have eliminated all HDMI pass-through products and allowed HD audio formats to be used across the line. The fact that consumers can now buy a THX-Certified receiver with 1080p upscaling, Burr-Brown DACs, PC input and more for under $600 shows Onkyo's clear commitment to delivering performance and value to consumers."

All of Onkyo's receivers offer exceptional connectivity options with as many as six HDMI inputs, plus component and composite video, numerous stereo input jacks, optical/coaxial digital inputs, and the popular front-panel connections on many models. Two models include Sirius Radio connections, and all these receivers incorporate Onkyo's proprietary Universal Port (U-Port) connector which simplifies connections to optional HD Radio tuners and iPod Docks (included with the HT-S5300).

Offline e_none

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • --mangyan man kami--
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #721 on: Mar 15, 2010 at 11:01 AM »
as of now i have sir anthony's tablette series consisting of 7 speakers and 1 active sub woofer. balak ko sana is to set up all of this in my room and in need your suggestion po of what specific brand and model ba kailangan ko to maximize the use of this speakers which will be use together with a acer5360 HD 3D projector.
H5360/onkyo607/pv80/ps3/7.1/WDTv...

Offline SETSUT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Time spacewarp....Ngayon din!
  • Liked:
« Reply #722 on: Apr 04, 2010 at 01:52 AM »
http://gizmodo.com/5488963/onkyos-tx+sr608-is-the-first-thx+certified-3d-av-receiver-and-has-six-hdmi-inputs   

Onkyo USA has announced March deliveries of its first 3D-Ready home theater receivers and home theater in a box (HTiB) systems. The new models consist of three A/V receivers and three HTiB systems ranging in price from $299 to $599, and all of them support the new HDMI v1.4 connectivity standard for new 3D video displays and Audio Return Channel capabilities. All are exceptionally well equipped to provide a superior music, home theater sound and video experience, with high build-quality and offering excellent value.

For Onkyo, a name that translates roughly to 'sound harmony' in Japanese, sound quality is preeminent. All these new receivers and HTiBs now decode lossless Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio bitstreams, and include new 192-kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown PCM1690 DAC's that are highly resistant to clock jitter and provide a remarkable 113-dB dynamic range. The lineup includes Onkyo's new easy-to-setup overlaid onscreen graphical display that lets the user watch the program in the background while using the function menus. Additionally, all 2010 HDMI v1.4 models include a new feature call HDMI Thru. HDMI Thru allows content to pass through to the TV when the receiver is in a standby state.

The new TX-SR608 7.2-channel THX-Select2 Plus certified receiver has new power amplifier section that uses three-stage inverted Darlington output topology, and a power boost from 90 to 100 watts. Audyssey DSX dimensional sound processing has been added to its predecessor's Dolby PLIIz capabilities. Additionally, all video sources, including those using the new PC input, and regardless of source resolution, can be upscaled to big and beautiful 1080p via HDMI and Faroudja DCDi Cinema™. The TX-SR608 will also include a front HDMI input, a feature first introduced by Onkyo in 2009. The TX-SR608 will be available in April at an MSRP of $599.

The 5.1-channel TX-SR308 and 7.1-channel TX-SR508 round out this initial announcement of A/V Receivers from Onkyo. The TX-SR308 will be available in March with an MSRP of $299, a followed by the TX-SR508 in April for $399.

The HTiB package systems, which each consist of a receiver, speakers and a subwoofer, are the 5.1-channel HT-S3300 and 7.1-channel HT-S5300; the latter also includes an iPod dock. Thanks to the HDMI interface and the use of advanced Dolby and DTS codecs, all of these receivers and systems are also capable of decoding lossless Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. The HT-S3300 will ship in March with an MSRP of $379, followed by the HT-S5300 in April for $599.

A third packaged system departs from the traditional HTiB form factor and uses a combination subwoofer and 3D Ready A/V receiver plus two front speakers. It uses Onkyo's own Theater-Dimensional processor to create an immersive and convincing surround effect through just 2.1 channels. The HTX-22HDX has three HDMI v1.4 inputs, handles HD audio formats from DTS and Dolby; offers four distinct audio modes for gaming; and outputs for additional speakers. The HTX-22HDX will ship in May with a $349 MSRP.

"Onkyo's 2010 entry-level product line represents a significant jump over last year's line," said Paul Wasek, Onkyo USA's marketing manager. "We are excited to deliver this first wave of 3D capable products. By upgrading to 1.4, even on the least expensive HTiB, we have eliminated all HDMI pass-through products and allowed HD audio formats to be used across the line. The fact that consumers can now buy a THX-Certified receiver with 1080p upscaling, Burr-Brown DACs, PC input and more for under $600 shows Onkyo's clear commitment to delivering performance and value to consumers."

All of Onkyo's receivers offer exceptional connectivity options with as many as six HDMI inputs, plus component and composite video, numerous stereo input jacks, optical/coaxial digital inputs, and the popular front-panel connections on many models. Two models include Sirius Radio connections, and all these receivers incorporate Onkyo's proprietary Universal Port (U-Port) connector which simplifies connections to optional HD Radio tuners and iPod Docks (included with the HT-S5300).

any updates? Kelan kaya available ito sa atin?
LG32LH35
HDX1000
Pioneer DV-220KV
Wharfedale 9.6, 9CM, 9.1
Mirage Omni S10
Onkyo TX-SR508
Xbox 360

Offline shrek250190

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #723 on: Apr 30, 2010 at 06:33 PM »
mga master,

newbie lng po in HT set up..currently my set up is just htib (HTZ220), cinema tube and 32".  gs2 ko sna upgrade (plitan ung htib)...pro d ko lam kung san mgstart (speaker or AVR) due to tight budget...please advise kung anu dpat una kong bilhin or kelangan sbay tlga?  thanks..

sorry noob / newbie lng po..thanks...

Offline sherwinlou

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #724 on: May 04, 2010 at 01:52 AM »
 Will the Yamaha 465 can perform well in both music and movie? im looking forward for this avr any inputs here,and prices.Tia (advantage and disadvantage) :)
Panasonic viera 55st50
Pioneer sc-1222k
Boston Acoustics A 2310 HTS 
Cinematube
xbox kinect

Offline DIDi10

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #725 on: May 04, 2010 at 07:40 AM »
Will the Yamaha 465 can perform well in both music and movie? im looking forward for this avr any inputs here,and prices.Tia (advantage and disadvantage) :)

Hi sir, i have this unit. newbie lang po ako at ito first avr ko....for me, im very satisfied sa looks and sound qaulity nya. i paired it with polk audio tsi300, music and movie is very good to me. for me, its a good choice for an entry level avr. 

Offline sherwinlou

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #726 on: May 05, 2010 at 07:35 PM »
3D-Ready home theater receivers- ano po ba ang gamit nito Tia im choosing between onkyoHT-s3300 and yamaha 465
Panasonic viera 55st50
Pioneer sc-1222k
Boston Acoustics A 2310 HTS 
Cinematube
xbox kinect

Offline MeTHoD_Man

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #727 on: May 07, 2010 at 05:58 PM »
Can anyone help me choose av receiver with my 20k budget. im upgrading my HT.

Tanong lang po, saan ba makakabili ng Konzert KHT-501 speaker at ano ang magandang amplifier for this speakers?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #728 on: May 30, 2010 at 12:12 PM »
mga master,

newbie lng po in HT set up..currently my set up is just htib (HTZ220), cinema tube and 32".  gs2 ko sna upgrade (plitan ung htib)...pro d ko lam kung san mgstart (speaker or AVR) due to tight budget...please advise kung anu dpat una kong bilhin or kelangan sbay tlga?  thanks..

sorry noob / newbie lng po..thanks...

HTib din ako dati. I started with speakers. After ko mapalitan ang 5 speakers, i told my wife na bitin pala yun speaker upgrade kaya pumayag na siya sa receiver upgrade.

Offline snipermax

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
newbie looking for a receiver
« Reply #729 on: Aug 15, 2010 at 02:18 AM »
hi! newbie lang me nde lang dito sa forum kundi pati sa receiver thing. so totally i have no idea what to look for, please help!

recently kasi i purchased a multimedia player and i loaded it with hd movies. yung mga outputs ng media player ko is rca, pybr, spdif and hdmi. right now ang ginagamit ko is yung hdmi na naka connect sa lcd tv ko.

ang problem ko ngayun is regarding sa sound. how can i make it 5.1? may nagsabi na need ko daw receiver. so media player connect ko sa receiver hdmi then hdmi out ng receiver connect ko sa lcd ko and 5.1 na raw yun. kaso may mga nababasa ako na hdmi repeater ang pass thru only? ano yun? takot tuloy ako bumili basta kasi baka hindi naman maging 5.1 yung sound nya eh sayang lang pera,..

ano ba dapat ang i consider ko? muntik ko na kunin yung pioneer vsx 519 plus speakers na todoraki ba yun?

please help! ??? ???

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: newbie looking for a receiver
« Reply #730 on: Aug 15, 2010 at 02:31 AM »

hi! una 'di mo nabanggit brand ng media player mo. ang gamit ko kasi WD HD TV na ang default audio ay stereo. so, I assume na sa audio setting ang kailangan mong tingnan  at gawin mo itong "digital" kung nasa stereo or gawing mong HDMI ang audio/video output. kung ang AVR ay pass thru ang HDMI (IMHO) it will still decode the audio as digital 5.1/7.1 thru HDMI connection.

HTH.
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline snipermax

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #731 on: Aug 15, 2010 at 02:40 AM »
astone ap 200 ung media player ko,.
un bang hdmi pass thru at repeater eh walang kinalaman sa 5.1 sound?
example media player hdmi connect ko sa receiver then receiver hdmi connect ko sa lcd for the video eh ok na yun? 5.1 na yun? yung sound set up nung media player ko is i think kaya ko na i set yun for 5.1 multi channel.

and tama lang ba yung price nung pioneer receiver and speaker set for 32k?

thanks!

Offline xyobub

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #732 on: Aug 15, 2010 at 02:55 AM »
madami dami ng mahahakot nyang 32k mo bro. ang suggestion ko ay wharfadale speakers tapos kuha ka nalang sa marketplace ng mint condition na receiver. stretch ka lang ng kaunti ng budget. pero di lalagpas ng 40k. swak yan.  ;)

Offline snipermax

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #733 on: Aug 16, 2010 at 05:11 AM »
around how much kaya yung may hdmi inputs? yun kasi yung gagamitin ko connection, actually yun lang kasi ang meron sa media player ko,..tnx!

Offline loft216

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Help please...
« Reply #734 on: Aug 21, 2010 at 08:39 AM »
hi pdvd!

planning to revive my old HT set up. can you guys suggest an upgrade from my yamaha dsp-3090? i'm using b&w s1 602, 601 and cc6 with jbl subs.

is the yamaha RX-V467 any good? how much does it cost?

what other options do i have? i'm ok in getting any brand.

TAI!

cheers!
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2010 at 09:06 AM by loft216 »

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Help please...
« Reply #735 on: Aug 21, 2010 at 10:16 AM »

IMHO,if you are open to consider other brands visit A/V around and take a listen. most current AVR models have packed with features from auto-setup, I/O & A/V decoding chips.. ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline loft216

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Help please...
« Reply #736 on: Aug 23, 2010 at 08:11 AM »
with the huge variety of a/vrs in the market, i would appreciate it if pdvd guys can give suggestions so i'll have an idea what to look for.

budget is around 25k.

cheers!
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2010 at 08:13 AM by loft216 »

Offline cls

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #737 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 08:20 PM »
Hi guys. Decided to get an AVR muna. To follow nalang yung speakers . Ive narrowed down my choices of AVRs. Im choosing between Onkyo Ht RC260 (almost same specs of 608 minus the THX) and Denon 1611. Any feedbacks between the two? Would appreciate your comments/suggestions. Thanks

ONKYO HT RC260-http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=HT-RC260&class=Receiver&p=i
DENON 1611-http://www.denon.co.uk/site/popup/index.php?Pid=444&action=start&ver=1

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #738 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 08:32 PM »
Hi guys. Decided to get an AVR muna. To follow nalang yung speakers . Ive narrowed down my choices of AVRs. Im choosing between Onkyo Ht RC260 (almost same specs of 608 minus the THX) and Denon 1611. Any feedbacks between the two? Would appreciate your comments/suggestions. Thanks

ONKYO HT RC260-http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=HT-RC260&class=Receiver&p=i
DENON 1611-http://www.denon.co.uk/site/popup/index.php?Pid=444&action=start&ver=1

sir why dont you check out the price of the HT RC180 instead, I belive it has gone low already perhaps just  a little higher than RC260. HTRC180 is way way better than the RC260
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline cls

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #739 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 08:50 PM »
Hi sir. just checked out the rc180. Defenitely better specs than the 260 but its more than 20k na.my budget is only 15k :)
When I was researching on the 1611 and the rc260, the onkyo definitely has more features than the 1611 but according to some reviews, the denon had a better Audyssey Multeq function. Dont know if this is 100% true though.
sir why dont you check out the price of the HT RC180 instead, I belive it has gone low already perhaps just  a little higher than RC260. HTRC180 is way way better than the RC260

Offline Othan

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #740 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 09:02 PM »
try visiting the pioneeer repair shop in west ave.  they are also selling an onkyo HTIB but without subwoofer, just for P17K if i remember it right the last time i visited there a month ago.

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #741 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 02:24 PM »

Available na ba 'to dito? what's the price kaya nito if ever... it would be a great receiver at less than 30k if ever ;)
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline boyet0173

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #742 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 03:52 PM »
mga sirs..

Between HK 160 and yamaha 467 ano ang maganda? any inputs are greatly appreciated. tia

Offline [r0n1n]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #743 on: Sep 18, 2010 at 03:14 PM »
mga sirs..

Between HK 160 and yamaha 467 ano ang maganda? any inputs are greatly appreciated. tia

sir audition mo na lang. dalhin mo yung speakers mo para alam mo kung matched. katulad ko, may gusto akong combo, pero pag dating ng audition iba yung nabili  ;D
Paradigm Studio 10 | Anthem MRX310 | Power Sound Audio XS30 | Mirage Prestige

Offline boyet0173

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #744 on: Sep 20, 2010 at 09:34 PM »
sir audition mo na lang. dalhin mo yung speakers mo para alam mo kung matched. katulad ko, may gusto akong combo, pero pag dating ng audition iba yung nabili  ;D

@r0n1n,
     anong nabili mong avr  at speaker mo para may idea ako. thanks

Offline constyne

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #745 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 12:29 PM »
mga sirs,help naman po... question lang... meron akong harman/kardon avr 255 rated 50watts per channel, ilan kaya ang maximum na kayang ihandle ng amp ko bawat channel... pag naglagay n ko ng speakers... nagtanung kasi ako sa nagbebenta sa automatic center dito sa my glorietta gang 350watts daw kayang nyang idrive... totoo po ba to.. tnx....

Offline powershot

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #746 on: Sep 30, 2010 at 08:06 AM »
Ano mas match na speaker para sa Onkyo 508, Wharfedale 10.5 or Polk Audio TSi300? tnx!

Offline [r0n1n]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #747 on: Sep 30, 2010 at 09:35 AM »
@r0n1n,
     anong nabili mong avr  at speaker mo para may idea ako. thanks

denon + paradigms  ;D
Paradigm Studio 10 | Anthem MRX310 | Power Sound Audio XS30 | Mirage Prestige

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #748 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 11:34 PM »
Say you got Php 50T to 60T to buy a receiver now, which model will it be?
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2010 at 11:34 PM by lithium_deuteride »
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #749 on: Oct 06, 2010 at 01:57 AM »
Say you got Php 50T to 60T to buy a receiver now, which model will it be?

i will get either the Onkyo 807 or 876 sir john, alittle stetching might land you the Onkyo NR 1007
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus