Author Topic: bad experiences, how to improve it  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
bad experiences, how to improve it
« on: Sep 01, 2006 at 11:37 AM »
hello, I was wondering if you guys have these bad and irritating experiences with thes video stores trying to just fool you to buy a product. I think this goes with other places selling different stuff not only in the electronics. My personal irritations and bad experiences are
1. Most stores , Abenson, Automatic center, Western, Ansons etc.. do not hook up the hdmi player to a hdtv. Ok their excuses is always the cable is expensive. They dont hook up component vs. hdmi side by side with the same tv, maybe for the reason of no difference at all so they cant sell their product. They will just tell you yes maganda ang hdmi players, maganda ang monster hdmi etc.etc., Stories like a guy bought it right then and there when they hook up the monster hdmi to their tv at the store. Well to when Im about to spend 10 to 15 thousand maybe less, I want to see it first side by side.
2. at Western pasay road, because im going around and around to check these hdmi vs component. A salesman from samsung is telling me all sort of things because he hooked up the pioneer hdmi to a samsung 40 inch lcd and I told him parang naman pareho sometimes worse at 1080. He told me kasi the disc is not hi definition. There are stores daw here selling hidef disc (can somebody tell me what is he talking about) I told him sa alam ko only hddvd and blue ray are the hi def (that I know of. I may be wrong) but the disc we buy here are not hi def. He was also telling me that the pioneer 696 ata basta hdmi player plays  the hidef. I know pioneer supports blue ray and there is no player yet of hidef here.
3. At  the recent electronics madness in viramall greenhills, I went to pioneer again want to see the hdmi on the samsung lcd and the guy told me they dont have a screwdriver to remove the player from the rack.

These are just some of it. I know makulit ako and there are opinions of people  saying this and that but I really want to see them side by side to see the difference. I am not going to shell out on something where I can save some money to go for the toshiba hddvd player. Thats just my opinion.

My great experiences however are
On Automatic center greenbelt. they used a hdmi player on a toshiba lcd and used pip to show me the difference vs component Although very helpful its not full screen. I see a big difference here and I want to confirm this. Which siempre kakahiya diba if you dont buy from them and keep asking them to set up. Thats what I really want to see in these stores. HDMI players set up side by side with component same tv same size and two of the same movie disc not those doctored demo disc  they have.
Listening group are very helpful. They will really tell you their experiences which they say one will see the difference on hdmi only on bigger screens like the 50 inches.

Anyway just want to share my experiences on these stores,  that hopefully they do something about it and not just preach and try to fool buyers. All I get is opinions, which is good also in some way when you are canvassing, doing a study before one buys something. I dont know I may be very kulit on this issue of hdmi and component but siempre want to be sure before buying and want to see it with my own eyes. Not that I am disbelieving opinions or experiences of people. But its always nicer to test drive a car before buying it diba. Thanks