Author Topic: Yamaha Receivers  (Read 401003 times)

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Yamaha Receivers
« Reply #3240 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 08:45 PM »
You have a Yamaha 2600?  Malakas yan sir, yanig ang upuan mo diyan ...  :o

Thanks Barrister so my Yamaha has the Advance parametric equalizer because i can change the amplitude, center frequency and bandwidth. So there is 3 settings i can change though i understand now what that P. Equalizer do i just dont know what the correct value to put in to those 3 settings..

On Yamaha, Parametric Equalization (PEQ) can be performed automatically or manually.

PEQ is applied automatically by running YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) with the included microphone.

PEQ is applied manually by going through the menu and adjusting the 3 parameters (Gain, Frequency and Q factor) individually.

First, you apply PEQ automatically with YPAO, then you use the resulting equalization as a starting point for tweaking the PEQ manually.

My advice --- Just run YPAO to set PEQ automatically.  Check volume levels, distances, frequencies, speaker size, etc. for any obvious errors, and tweak manually.  Then stop there.  

Don't attempt to tweak the PEQ manually.  It's too complicated.  Sayang na ang pagod, masisira pa ang ulo mo :D.  

... i just dont know what the correct value to put in to those 3 settings.. or should i trial and listend...THere's about 7 channels of setting i can change becuase may kanya kanyang parametric equalizer per channel.... Or i'll just let it be ha ha ha... Pero sayang kasi may setting na ganun tapos di ko magamit...

Just listen and adjust?  I don't think that's possible.  

To tweak PEQ manually, you'll need a microphone and an SPL meter connected to a laptop with soundcard and software that will plot a graph for you.  The graph will be the basis for tweaking the receiver's PEQ manually.

Pag basta listen and adjust, I think you'll end up with worse sound than you started with.

That's why my recommendation is: Don't attempt to adjust PEQ manually.

But if you feel like you want to learn how to do it, I'm not the right guy to ask, because I don't know how either ;D.  I just googled about it, then I figured it wasn't worth the effort and gave up ...  :(

« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2011 at 09:00 PM by barrister »

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3241 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 08:54 PM »
You have a Yamaha 2600?  Malakas yan sir, yanig ang upuan mo diyan ...  :o

On Yamaha, Parametric Equalization (PEQ) can be performed automatically or manually.

PEQ is applied automatically by running YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) with the included microphone.

PEQ is applied manually by going through the menu and adjusting the 3 paramters (Gain, Frequency and Q factor) individually.

First, you apply PEQ automatically with YPAO, then you use the resulting equalization as a starting point for tweaking the PEQ manually.

My advice --- Just run YPAO to set PEQ automatically.  Check volume levels, distances, frequencies, speaker size, etc. for any obvious errors, and tweak manually.  Then stop there.  

Don't attempt to tweak the PEQ manually.  It's too complicated.  Sayang na ang pagod, masisira pa ang ulo mo :D.  

Just listen and adjust?  I don't think that's possible.  

To tweak PEQ manually, you'll need special equipment connected to a laptop with soundcard and software that will plot a graph for you.  The graph will be the basis for tweaking the receiver's PEQ manually.

Pag basta listen and adjust, I think you'll end up with worse sound than you started with.

That's why my recommendation is: Don't attempt to adjust PEQ manually.

But if you feel like you want to learn how to do it, I'm not the right guy to ask, because I don't know how either ;D.  I just googled about it, then I figured it wasn't worth the effort and gave up ...  :(

Thanks sir for the Info... I gave up also he he he... Shucks kanina pa naman pinag pare pareho ko yung value nang left at right speakers ha ha ha syet gagamit na lang nga ako nang YPAO thing he he...

Thanks again sir.. and for the others who answered my query..... ;)
Walang Setup

Offline Cosmic79

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3242 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 11:30 AM »
@Courage
Yung friend ko also has a Yamaha 2600 and was able to listen to it. Music and movies sounded very good and has good clarity. I think this is one of the best Yamaha receivers. In movies it has that thunderous booming bass.
Audio Hobbyist

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3243 on: Apr 10, 2011 at 07:27 AM »
@Courage
Yung friend ko also has a Yamaha 2600 and was able to listen to it. Music and movies sounded very good and has good clarity. I think this is one of the best Yamaha receivers. In movies it has that thunderous booming bass.

Yup I agree to that, this right now is my receiver...
Walang Setup

Offline jackdee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nh931yRQIM&feature
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3244 on: Apr 10, 2011 at 09:20 AM »
just hookup my DSP-A1

wala akong masabi napaka relax talaga si A1
unlike my previous avr (RXV-1500) bigyan mo pa db para lumabas yung SQ at uminit pa

si A1 parang wala lang, 9 o'clock ang level volume ko swabe na swabe si FS
parang nakatingin sakin si A1 at parang may sinasabi bigyan mo pa db men.
at napa isip ako wag na baka si FS ma puyat.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

bangis ni A1 sumakit likod ko sa kakabuhat. (general cleaning kasi)

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3245 on: Apr 10, 2011 at 09:43 AM »
just hookup my DSP-A1

unlike my previous avr (RXV-1500) bigyan mo pa db para lumabas yung SQ at uminit pa

Congrats sir.. Thats one mean receiver you have there....
Walang Setup

Offline buzzworth

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3246 on: Apr 10, 2011 at 09:48 AM »
 :)
just hookup my DSP-A1

wal broa akong masabi napaka relax talaga si A1

bro huwag na ipaalala kung paano tumunog ung dsp-a1, nakaka inngit eh. Again congrats and maski ako sumakit ang likod ng ipa ship ko yan. Kung may budget lang talaga hindi na nakarating sa PDVD yan.
Onkyo TX-sr606
Sansui AU-666
PSB Image B6
Bose Accoustimas 7
LG LD460
Pilyo amp and RE Sr10[

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3247 on: Apr 10, 2011 at 03:03 PM »
:) bro huwag na ipaalala kung paano tumunog ung dsp-a1, nakaka inngit eh. Again congrats and maski ako sumakit ang likod ng ipa ship ko yan. Kung may budget lang talaga hindi na nakarating sa PDVD yan.

Receiver mo ba dati yung na kay jackdee ngayon?

How could you let go of such powerful amp he he he.... how could you???? he he he
Walang Setup

Offline buzzworth

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3248 on: Apr 10, 2011 at 03:54 PM »
 :)actually hindi sa akin, sa tropa ko, inalok lang sa akin. And since walang budget I need to let it go amd post it here, nag stay sa akin ung amp ng 5 days and it did bring out beautiful sounds sa kahit anong speaker na ikabit ko. Kung meron lang budget o kaya HDMI, malabong pakawalan ko yan.
Onkyo TX-sr606
Sansui AU-666
PSB Image B6
Bose Accoustimas 7
LG LD460
Pilyo amp and RE Sr10[

Offline supermanster

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #3249 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 08:42 PM »
Good evening mga Sir, Inquire lang regarding yamahas AVR, saw some models at Rob. Pioneers.

Here are some models and Prices;

RXV-463 - 20K
RXV-367 - 18.5K
RXV-467 - 25K

Im very new to this Audio/Video world and matagal na din akong nagpplanong set-up mainly for music listening and some Movie Watching. Plano ko lang muna is 2 speakers.

Baka pwede pagpayuhan nyo ako kung anung magandang model, mga feedbacks regarding sa mga models above. At baka may conuterpart sya na better sa ibang brand? Salamats

Offline jackdee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nh931yRQIM&feature
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3250 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 08:53 PM »
rxv-463 bro.

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #3251 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 07:02 PM »
just hookup my DSP-A1

Congratz on your A1 Sir Jack, ganda talagang AVR nato ;D
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #3252 on: Apr 14, 2011 at 07:03 AM »
Good evening mga Sir, Inquire lang regarding yamahas AVR, saw some models at Rob. Pioneers.

RXV-463 - 20K
RXV-367 - 18.5K
RXV-467 - 25K

Im very new to this Audio/Video world and matagal na din akong nagpplanong set-up mainly for music listening and some Movie Watching. Plano ko lang muna is 2 speakers.

Baka pwede pagpayuhan nyo ako kung anung magandang model, mga feedbacks regarding sa mga models above. At baka may conuterpart sya na better sa ibang brand? Salamats

The RX-V467 supports HD Audio, and the other two do not (if that matters to you).

Check out the following units as well (comparable pricing):
Onkyo TX-SR508 / 509
Pioneer VSX-820-K
Denon AVR-1611

Offline Cosmic79

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3253 on: Apr 18, 2011 at 10:14 AM »

RXV-463 - 20K
RXV-367 - 18.5K
RXV-467 - 25K

My opinion, RXV-467 would be the better choice. Both RXV463 and 347 are made in China while yung 467 is made in Malaysia. The Yamahas made in Malaysia have cooler amps and does not emit that much heat compared to those from China. The 463 is already phased out while 367 is still not yet 3D ready. 467 is 3D ready and has provisions for an iPod dock, and to make it 7.1 channel. This is what the Yamaha sales staff told me.
Audio Hobbyist

Offline jcarlos0910

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3254 on: May 11, 2011 at 09:14 PM »
mga sirs, tanong ko lang kung sino sa inyo may experience na magpa-repair ng yamaha receiver (rx-465)?
yun sa akin kasi ayaw gumana ng HDMI input/output. Dinala ko sa authorized repair shop sa Lipa, Batangas.
ang sabi sira daw yun HDMI board and ang overall cost ng repar is P16K.. Sobrang mahal para na ko bumili ng bagong units.. Need your inputs kung saan may reliable shop na pwede magpa-repair

Offline arcbodom

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • the sound of silence...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3255 on: May 16, 2011 at 02:20 PM »
My minana akong yamaha reciever from erpats, yamaha HTR 5280, ang bili nya ata dati $600 dollars ata, tagal na nun, madami po xang inputs, eto un pic ng likod

baka meron pang ibang naging owner ng ganitong model d2, ano kaya difference ng sound nito sa mga bagong yamaha recievers, wala pa kc ako nadalang ibang model ng yamaha AVR sa bahay.

Discrete power transistors rather than IC chips are used in the amplifier section to provide the cleanest sound possible. The amp deliver 100 watts each to five channels. 33lbs

so far satisfied naman po ako sa SQ nya, nacurious lng po ako sa difference ng SQ nito compared to newer models given the same audio source and speakers.

Offline Cosmic79

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3256 on: May 16, 2011 at 06:14 PM »
mga sirs, tanong ko lang kung sino sa inyo may experience na magpa-repair ng yamaha receiver (rx-465)?
yun sa akin kasi ayaw gumana ng HDMI input/output. Dinala ko sa authorized repair shop sa Lipa, Batangas.
ang sabi sira daw yun HDMI board and ang overall cost ng repar is P16K.. Sobrang mahal para na ko bumili ng bagong units.. Need your inputs kung saan may reliable shop na pwede magpa-repair

Try to get a second opinion from other repair centers kahit hindi Yamaha authorized dealer. Ask for a breakdown on why and how they arrived at php16k. My friend had a broken laptop and the repair shop said the logicboard needs to be replaced at a cost of php27k. He got a second opinion from another repair center and the broken parts was just the LCD and the videocard and he only spent php7k so naka save sya ng gastos.
Audio Hobbyist

Offline lrdcly

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3257 on: May 26, 2011 at 06:00 AM »
hello. guys, may idea ba kayo kung magkano rx-v667 ngayon? ayos din ba pair yamaha and wharfedale? thanks

Offline Cosmic79

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3258 on: May 26, 2011 at 07:17 AM »
hello. guys, may idea ba kayo kung magkano rx-v667 ngayon? ayos din ba pair yamaha and wharfedale? thanks

Months back I inquired at 5th Avenue for the RXv667. By order basis daw sya. Estimated price mga php38k to 40k. They only have the RXv567 which was at php33k to 35k. Try mo inquire din sa Super Manufacturing sa del monte ave.
Audio Hobbyist

Offline lrdcly

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3259 on: May 26, 2011 at 03:15 PM »
Months back I inquired at 5th Avenue for the RXv667. By order basis daw sya. Estimated price mga php38k to 40k. They only have the RXv567 which was at php33k to 35k. Try mo inquire din sa Super Manufacturing sa del monte ave.

ang mahal pala dito..hehe thanks!

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #3260 on: May 26, 2011 at 03:25 PM »
It has always been always been cheap to buy electronics abroad,
particularly sa US, ang problema mo lang ay ang pagpapa-uwi...

Offline lrdcly

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3261 on: May 26, 2011 at 04:13 PM »
papabili ko na lang sa cuz ko sa states. hindi ko kaya yung presyo pag dito ako bibili.hehe ;D

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3262 on: May 26, 2011 at 04:20 PM »
papabili ko na lang sa cuz ko sa states. hindi ko kaya yung presyo pag dito ako bibili.hehe ;D

Good for you,...

I buy all my gadgets sa US and have my wife bring it home, masyadong malaki ang price difference dito and sa US, whether it be AVRs, BD players and other gadgets...
TV lang ang hindi ko maipauwi at masyadong malaki,...

Good luck...

Offline batanglambak

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3263 on: Jun 08, 2011 at 04:20 PM »
Saan po pwede magpagawa ng Yamaha DSP-A1?  Mahina po yung sound ng Left, Center at Right channels.  Thanks in advance.
Samsung UA55KU6000
Onkyo TX-SR343
Atlantic Technology System 250.1

Offline coolswitch

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3264 on: Jun 10, 2011 at 09:22 AM »
Good for you,...

I buy all my gadgets sa US and have my wife bring it home, masyadong malaki ang price difference dito and sa US, whether it be AVRs, BD players and other gadgets...
TV lang ang hindi ko maipauwi at masyadong malaki,...

Good luck...

chief,

May additional tax ba na binabayaran kapag nagpauwi from US?

Nagpapabili kasi ako nito sa Pinsan ko, either sa baggage or kapag nagpa Air Freight sya eh

Yamaha RX-V371 <-- click for specs

Nakasulat sa features:
HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio

question: Magkakaissue ba sa decoding nung usual dd/dts or wala?

TIA
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2011 at 09:27 AM by coolswitch »

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #3265 on: Jun 10, 2011 at 02:21 PM »

Nakasulat sa features:
HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio

TIA

Dapat hindi siya issue, dahil supported din nya yung older formats.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3266 on: Jun 10, 2011 at 02:24 PM »
chief,

May additional tax ba na binabayaran kapag nagpauwi from US?

Nagpapabili kasi ako nito sa Pinsan ko, either sa baggage or kapag nagpa Air Freight sya eh

Yamaha RX-V371 <-- click for specs

Nakasulat sa features:

TIA

Haven't been taxed, not even once,...
From the first DVD player I bought nuon sa US way back the late 90s,
up to last year yata ng ipauwi ko ang BD player ko,...

Cheers sir...

Offline coolswitch

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3267 on: Jun 10, 2011 at 02:44 PM »
@Stagea | ABCmotorparts

Thanks for the inputs. Go ko na ito.... kaso nakakainip mag-antay hehehe

@ABCmotorparts
follow up question, carry in ba or airfreight yung mode of transportation nung item ang gawa nyo?

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3268 on: Jun 10, 2011 at 02:46 PM »
@Stagea | ABCmotorparts

Thanks for the inputs. Go ko na ito.... kaso nakakainip mag-antay hehehe

@ABCmotorparts
follow up question, carry in ba or airfreight yung mode of transportation nung item ang gawa nyo?

Nasa balikbayan box na kasama nyang umuwi,...

Offline j0hans0n

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • _____ally-challenged =|
  • Liked:
« Reply #3269 on: Jul 12, 2011 at 07:05 PM »
Hey guys,

I have an rxv357 receiver, connected to my pc through coaxial cable. and the volume fluctuates while playing mkv movies but not audio files (i need to double check). I also tried it with an eGreat R200 Pro through HDMI and it still happens.

With plain tv audio it is ok as well.

Setup: 2.0 floorstanding speakers

what could be the culprit to my problem?

Thanks.

« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2011 at 07:11 PM by j0hans0n »