Author Topic: Yamaha Receivers  (Read 401002 times)

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: Yamaha Receivers
« Reply #3840 on: Jan 14, 2015 at 02:06 PM »
I am planning on upgrading my amp. Looking at the Yamaha RX-V675 and RX-V677.
Amy recommendations? I can get the 675 for 400$ through my sister who will be coming from the states while getting the V677 would cost me 600$? which one do you think should I get considering the price difference? Thanks

Compare mo both models sa website nila, then you can decide if the difference in features (kung meron) is worth $200.
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2015 at 02:07 PM by markcrenz »
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline rey031

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3841 on: Jan 22, 2015 at 11:32 AM »
I am planning on upgrading my amp. Looking at the Yamaha RX-V675 and RX-V677.
Amy recommendations? I can get the 675 for 400$ through my sister who will be coming from the states while getting the V677 would cost me 600$? which one do you think should I get considering the price difference? Thanks

The RX-V675 at the $399.95 price tag at Amazon ($250 discount) is a steal. It's last year's flagship priced at this year's entry-level RX-V377 local price. I would definitely buy that, if only I had someone to bring it home from the US and if only it were also 220V.

For me, the RX-V677 only has a few non-essential advantages based on the following FAQ, definitely not worth the $200 difference for me:

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v677_black_u/10797/8141/?current_page_id=1&sort=best&type=

Offline psychro

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3842 on: Jan 22, 2015 at 12:43 PM »
Sir, have u tried looking at http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/avreceiver/home-audio/receivers-amps/home-theater-receivers/1.html mga refurb since d international warranty ang receivers

Offline egzbuen

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3843 on: Mar 05, 2015 at 12:35 AM »
Does everyone use the YPAO calibration? Thoughts?

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
« Reply #3844 on: Mar 05, 2015 at 12:47 AM »
I used it to get the general setting, then adjust/tweak settings based on preference.
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline egzbuen

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3845 on: Mar 05, 2015 at 12:51 AM »
Tried it for the first time the other day, the LFC was too weak, including the center. Had to adjust both LFE and Center levels.

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
« Reply #3846 on: Mar 05, 2015 at 08:22 AM »
Often you do not get most of the LFE sound from the subs if the Fronts are set to Large.
Did you try to set the Fronts to Small?

Tried it for the first time the other day, the LFC was too weak, including the center. Had to adjust both LFE and Center levels.

Where is the Love? BEP

Offline egzbuen

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3847 on: Mar 05, 2015 at 08:32 AM »
Often you do not get most of the LFE sound from the subs if the Fronts are set to Large.
Did you try to set the Fronts to Small?

Thanks for the tip buddy. The YPAO indeed adjusted my fronts to large so set it to small after reading some reviews. Still wasn't getting enough LFE as YPAO set it to -6db. So I adjusted it to -2db which ok now. :)

The YPAO correctly measured though the distances of all the speakers. Its probably the acoustics of the room the made it hard for the YPAO to calibrate it.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3848 on: Mar 05, 2015 at 08:35 AM »

Nope. Di sya ganun ka galing. After calibrating mine using ypao, i still manually calibrate mine using spl meter.
Walang Setup

Offline zram18

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3849 on: Mar 07, 2015 at 09:13 PM »
@ray031

brader, Yamaha rxv-477 model nakikita ko sa mga SM Appliance Center. P 25,500 ang price.

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #3850 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 03:19 AM »
Thanks for the tip buddy. The YPAO indeed adjusted my fronts to large so set it to small after reading some reviews. Still wasn't getting enough LFE as YPAO set it to -6db. So I adjusted it to -2db which ok now. :)

The YPAO correctly measured though the distances of all the speakers. Its probably the acoustics of the room the made it hard for the YPAO to calibrate it.
Tama naman calibration ng receivers at reference levels. Most of us feel bitin ang bass/LFE because we seldom if ever listen at reference levels, dahil masyado nang malakas and/or our system can't handle it. Listening below reference levels reduces our perception of the upper and lower frequencies, more so on the bass region. So tama rin na most of us boost the sub level to compensate. More experienced tweakers shape the response of their system to match the equal-loudness contour at their preferred listening levels.
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #3851 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 08:05 AM »
^when you say reference levels, that would mean when the volume level is set to "zero", right? I usually listen at -22 db, loudest at -18 or so.

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3852 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 09:40 AM »
^when you say reference levels, that would mean when the volume level is set to "zero", right? I usually listen at -22 db, loudest at -18 or so.

I think reference level is volume level Of each channel which is 75db by spl device inside y

Its the level where your speakers are calibrated at 75db using spl(correct me if im wrong mga experts) running pink noise.
Walang Setup

Offline crazyhog

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3853 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 09:50 AM »

I think reference level is volume level Of each channel which is 75db by spl device inside y
Its the level where your speakers are calibrated at 75db using spl(correct me if im wrong mga experts) running pink noise.

once calibrated thru SPL at 75db, Equivalent to "zero" ba sa volume?

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3854 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 10:01 AM »
once calibrated thru SPL at 75db, Equivalent to "zero" ba sa volume?

Well, what i do is set the volume first sa receiver ko to 0db then run pink noise. Trim each channel lvl + or - in avr until spl reads 75db.
Walang Setup

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #3855 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 10:01 AM »
Does anybody know where I can buy an autovolt Aventage 1040?

Wala pa sa 5th Avenue.  2014 model yon, pero 2013 models pa lang ang meron sa kanila.

Offline crazyhog

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Yamaha Receivers
« Reply #3856 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 10:08 AM »
Well, what i do is set the volume first sa receiver ko to 0db then run pink noise. Trim each channel lvl + or - in avr until spl reads 75db.
on this scenario,  ur not using AVR's auto calibration? On my case ( MCACC) wala ata way to set the volume to zero sa mismong calibration (. Unless you set zero volume before Auto Calib )
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2015 at 10:10 AM by crazyhog »

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3857 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 10:09 AM »
Does anybody know where I can buy an autovolt Aventage 1040?

Wala pa sa 5th Avenue.  2014 model yon, pero 2013 models pa lang ang meron sa kanila.

Alam kong another seller ng aventage is hi fi street. Sa bgc ata ang store nila. Though not sure kung meron na silang xx40 na aventage. Baka pwede mag pa order?
Walang Setup

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3858 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 10:10 AM »
on this scenario,  ur not using AVR's auto calibration? On my case ( MCACC) wala ata way to set the volume to zero.

Yes manual calibration. Well i do manual calibration after i ran the auto calibration and make little adjustment depending on my liking. Sometimes kasi di ko gusto result ng ypao.
Walang Setup

Offline crazyhog

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3859 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 10:15 AM »

Yes manual calibration. Well i do manual calibration after i ran the auto calibration and make little adjustment depending on my liking. Sometimes kasi di ko gusto result ng ypao.

Last question sir, how do u do manual calibration, para ma SPL each channel? ( ran pink noise and set AVR to all channel mode (?) and unplug each ? ) ganun ba sir?

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3860 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 10:19 AM »
Last question sir, how do u do manual calibration, para ma SPL each channel? ( ran pink noise and set AVR to all channel mode (?) and unplug each ? ) ganun ba sir?

Yung yamaha kasi may manual calibration mode. You dont need to unplug each speakers. You can manually circulate to all channels running test tone(pink noise) including the subwoofer channel. While one channel is running the test tone, i can trim the db for that specific channel to reach 75db in spl reading. This is while master volume is set to 0db on the avr. Alam ko lahat ng receiver may manual calibration.
Walang Setup

Offline crazyhog

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3861 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 10:23 AM »

Yung yamaha kasi may manual calibration mode. You dont need to unplug each speakers. You can manually circulate to all channels running test tone(pink noise) including the subwoofer channel. While one channel is running the test tone, i can trim the db for that specific channel to reach 75db in spl reading. This is while master volume is set to 0db on the avr. Alam ko lahat ng receiver may manual calibration.

Ah ok gets ko na sir.. Tnx. double check ko n lang un master volume if it can be set at zero s mcacc..

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3862 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 10:28 AM »
Ah ok gets ko na sir.. Tnx. double check ko n lang un master volume if it can be set at zero s mcacc..

Check mo yung manual calibration ng receiver mo.
Walang Setup

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3863 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 11:30 AM »
Alam kong another seller ng aventage is hi fi street. Sa bgc ata ang store nila. Though not sure kung meron na silang xx40 na aventage. Baka pwede mag pa order?

Thanks for the info sir. 

Tawagan ko sila.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3864 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 01:12 PM »
AVESCO din pala ang owner ng 1 High-Fi Street, same as 5th Avenue.

So pag wala sa 5th Avenue, wala rin sa 1 High-Fi.

Sabi ng 1 High-Fi, they only have Aventage 30 series (2013).  They will not release Aventage 40 series (2014), but they will release 50 series (2015) sometime in June or July this year.     
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2015 at 01:13 PM by barrister »

Offline egzbuen

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3865 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 05:30 PM »
AVESCO din pala ang owner ng 1 High-Fi Street, same as 5th Avenue.

So pag wala sa 5th Avenue, wala rin sa 1 High-Fi.

Sabi ng 1 High-Fi, they only have Aventage 30 series (2013).  They will not release Aventage 40 series (2014), but they will release 50 series (2015) sometime in June or July this year.     

Isn't that the company that owns or distributes Aiphone here in Manila?

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3866 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 10:37 PM »
Yes.  I googled it, and that's what the avesco.com.ph site says.

Offline zram18

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3867 on: Mar 09, 2015 at 05:33 PM »
kaya pala dami tindang Yamaha Receivers sa Avesco Cubao (near Gateway Mall) pagbaba lang ng LRT tapat jollibee Gateway. I thought ordinary store lang yung Avesco sa Cubao.

Offline egzbuen

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3868 on: Mar 09, 2015 at 08:07 PM »
Yes.  I googled it, and that's what the avesco.com.ph site says.

I see, thanks. Had a bad experience with them as regards their Aiphone brand. More like customer relations experience.

Offline 3_0_3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3869 on: Mar 22, 2015 at 07:05 PM »
Hi guys,

I do have yamaha RX-V440 and would like to revive my HT set-up. Would you know what speakers should I buy that would match my amp? Thanks in advance.