Author Topic: Yamaha Receivers  (Read 400922 times)

Offline JFBagadiong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Yamaha Receivers
« Reply #2250 on: Nov 30, 2005 at 08:23 PM »
HT fans, haven’t you noticed how fast Yamaha change its model? Yamaha is becoming a trend setter regarding HT receiver’s, very similar to a cell phone “Nokia”, I’m beginning to think this is one way to maintain their marketing price level for receivers.     

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #2251 on: Nov 30, 2005 at 09:17 PM »
HT fans, haven’t you noticed how fast Yamaha change its model? Yamaha is becoming a trend setter regarding HT receiver’s, very similar to a cell phone “Nokia”, I’m beginning to think this is one way to maintain their marketing price level for receivers.     

Actually, it's not just yamaha, but all the major players (denon, harman kardon, marantz, etc) update their receiver line-up yearly, in order to keep their offerings fresh in relation to the competition.
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2005 at 09:35 PM by gaol »

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2252 on: Nov 30, 2005 at 10:32 PM »
Actually, it's not just yamaha, but all the major players (denon, harman kardon, marantz, etc) update their receiver line-up yearly, in order to keep their offerings fresh in relation to the competition.

Hay! ang hirap tuloy mag target for a certain Yammy model receiver. type ko pa naman yan RXV750 kaso mukhang hindi ko na aabutan when I arrive from Europe this Dec.

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2253 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 02:37 PM »
Sir Pao, check out Ambassador appliance in Shangri-la Mall (2nd flr.). I saw a display of the Yammy RX-V750 last week. Not too sure of the price. Mga Php22k yata. Hope this helps.

Dun nga ako bumili.  Ubos na yung RX-V750!   :'(  Got a RX-V657 for 24k.  I just bought a universal remote MX-350 from eBay, to make up for the non-learning remote of the 657.

Just came from Listening Shang. Meron pa raw 1 unit ng 750, but at P24k

Yup, actually naabutan ko pa ito.  But I don't like how they do business.  They take advantage of the consumers.  Knowing that demand is high (and Christmas is around the corner), they pad their prices.  Sobrang sungit pa nung nasa counter, hindi mapaki-usapan.   >:(  I know they have all the right to this, but I just don't like their sales strategy...

FYI, I was quoted by their Mega store for the Panasonic TH-42PWD7E for only 105k (unit and wall bracket only)!  :o  When I came back a few weeks later, ubos na raw.   But I was in Shang just the day before, and saw about 20+ boxed units freshly delivered.  Until last weekend, I still saw several boxed units available.  And Shang is now selling them for 136k, unit only!  >:(  Foul play...   I'll just wait until Christmas is over, and demand subsides.  Baka available na rin yung 8th gen units by that time.
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2005 at 02:39 PM by paolorenzo »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2254 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 03:51 PM »
Dun nga ako bumili.  Ubos na yung RX-V750!   :'(  Got a RX-V657 for 24k.  I just bought a universal remote MX-350 from eBay, to make up for the non-learning remote of the 657.

Yup, actually naabutan ko pa ito.  But I don't like how they do business.  They take advantage of the consumers.  Knowing that demand is high (and Christmas is around the corner), they pad their prices.  Sobrang sungit pa nung nasa counter, hindi mapaki-usapan.   >:(  I know they have all the right to this, but I just don't like their sales strategy...

FYI, I was quoted by their Mega store for the Panasonic TH-42PWD7E for only 105k (unit and wall bracket only)!  :o  When I came back a few weeks later, ubos na raw.   But I was in Shang just the day before, and saw about 20+ boxed units freshly delivered.  Until last weekend, I still saw several boxed units available.  And Shang is now selling them for 136k, unit only!  >:(  Foul play...   I'll just wait until Christmas is over, and demand subsides.  Baka available na rin yung 8th gen units by that time.

Sayang, there was so many 750 on sale a few months ago. Oh well, that practice is quite normal. They jack up the prices of flowers on Valentine's day and we still buy. You never know, it might be their supplier who brought the prices up.

I know the people there and they are friendly to me naman. I got my 650 from them this year and a 50" TV a year ago.

Offline Abad Santos 7

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #2255 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 04:05 PM »

I had same experience...cguro pangit cguro damit ko nung pumunta ako.  Same with Spectra in Makati "mas gusto pang
makipagkwentuhan rather than entertain ung buyer nila.  I ended up in AAudio.  The 1st time you enter their shops "You are already the "BOSS" regardless ng atire mo....

Sorry wrong trend yata....hehehe..peace... :) :) :)

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2256 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 06:24 PM »
I had same experience...cguro pangit cguro damit ko nung pumunta ako.  Same with Spectra in Makati "mas gusto pang
makipagkwentuhan rather than entertain ung buyer nila.  I ended up in AAudio.  The 1st time you enter their shops "You are already the "BOSS" regardless ng atire mo....

Sorry wrong trend yata....hehehe..peace... :) :) :)

Me too... I got very poor service from Listening In Style before... in fact, that experience was one of my first posts here at Pinoydvd... Also had the same experience at another shop in Park Square... through Pinoydvd, the shop owner found out about it and called me to apologize... It's a good thing he did and that he was so nice... I was about to post my experience here...

Sorry OT also...  ;)

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2257 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 09:27 PM »
mas masama naman yung service sa denon inoorder pa sa abroad yung parts niya pag minalas ka mga 3-6 months bago dumating

Offline atomicat10

• Collector
  • SHOWTIME
  • Liked:
« Reply #2258 on: Dec 07, 2005 at 11:15 AM »
Any owners of RX-V757's here. Pa review naman.

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2259 on: Dec 07, 2005 at 11:35 AM »
Anybody here who has diamond9.2 with 9cs and wh2 dipole surrounds on a Yamaha RX-V650? Reviews naman dyan. I'm planning to buy one kasi.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2260 on: Dec 07, 2005 at 02:21 PM »
Any owners of RX-V757's here. Pa review naman.

Its not out yet here. The highest model for now is 657

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2261 on: Dec 07, 2005 at 02:26 PM »
Its not out yet here. The highest model for now is 657

I'm not sure if the 757 will ever be distributed here officially.  When I looked at the Yamaha 2006 catalog in S&S Shang, the 757 wasn't even listed there.  657 was the highest model in the RX-Vx57 series.  I think that was the official HT catalog for Asia.  Those hoping to have the 757 might have to ship them in themselves?  I hope I'm wrong though...

Offline atomicat10

• Collector
  • SHOWTIME
  • Liked:
« Reply #2262 on: Dec 07, 2005 at 06:49 PM »
It's out already at least according to Home Theater. Got also the price from that store.

FYI the X3 teaser trailer is also out already.

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2263 on: Dec 08, 2005 at 10:18 AM »
how much and indicative pricing ng 757?

Offline chatstix

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
RX-V750 OSD Problem
« Reply #2264 on: Dec 10, 2005 at 06:41 PM »
Mga sirs, I have a friend who has a problem with the OSD display of his rx-v750. Para kasing PAL signal ang output sa tv niya. As in continuous ang pag-scroll sa tv screen nya.  Sa Harman Kardon kasi, ganito din but the solution sa HK is to hold the OSD button on the remote for about 3 secs.  Meron bang ganitong feature sa yamaha rx-v750 or meron diperensiya yun unit ng friend ko? Thanks in advance.

Offline Jason_10

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • V6 24V
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2265 on: Dec 10, 2005 at 11:50 PM »
try adjusting the tv system setup. baka naka pal mode yung tv.
From chaos, comes clarity...

Offline chatstix

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2266 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 01:30 PM »
the tv is in ntsc mode. i'm sure of this coz i connect my xbox (ntsc output) there. tried connecting from the yammy rx-v750 rca, s-video and component out but still yields the same result.

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2267 on: Dec 12, 2005 at 11:22 AM »
Has he tried it with another TV?  If it yields the same result, then yung 750 na talaga siguro.

Or try setting the TV to PAL format?  Kung umayos, that verifies that the AVR's OSD is PAL.

I had a similar problem with my Yammy DVD player noon.  It couldn't play a p****** disc, and seems to be outputting it in PAL format.  When I played the same disk on a Kebao, ok naman...  I know DVD players and AVR are totally different, pero baka meron similarities how Yamaha components are built?  Labo ko ba?  ???
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2005 at 11:24 AM by paolorenzo »

Offline chatstix

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2268 on: Dec 12, 2005 at 11:49 AM »
thanks for the help. we just contacted yamaha service and they told that most of the 750 released here have their osd in pal format (i dunno if he's telling the truth). if we need it to have it converted, they will order the part and have my friends unit delivered to them to make the change free of charge.

Offline yygoob

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2269 on: Dec 12, 2005 at 07:54 PM »
im planning to buy a secondhand yamaha rxv450 for 10t
my speakers are as follows:
wharfedale 9cs, 9dfs, atlantic 200

ok na ba to? thanks

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2270 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 09:05 AM »
Bro yygoob,

I don't see why it shouldn't be. You've got a good set of speakers, a good amp, all you need is to set it up properly to maximize it. Heck, if you're happy with it.... ;)
Making the most of what I've got

Offline jakz

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
RX-V750 or RX-V657
« Reply #2271 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 09:49 AM »
which one would you choose and why?

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
Re: RX-V750 or RX-V657
« Reply #2272 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 10:26 AM »

I'd like to share chatstix's PM to me.  He's made some research, and came up with the below.  Thanks again chatstix...

Quote from: chatstix
Anyways, I did search the web for the difference of the Vx57 and Vx50 series:
- Constant-current relay drive circuit lowers the noise level of the ground line for higher sound quality in the low frequency range.
- Shutting off more power for unused circuit improves sound quality by lowering unnecessary power line noise.
- Employing a 32/64-bit floating point quantization process, the new CINEMA DSP LSI is designed to provide even higher sound quality, improved functions and greater ease of use.
- YPAO with Parametric Equalizer (the 750 doesn't have the parametric equalizer in its YPAO)
- Damping factor of the Vx57 is 120 as agains 100 of Vx50
- noise generated during the transmission from the digital to analog circuit has been reduced and noise that causes sound degradation in the analog circuit has also been reduced

...of course the 750's greatest strength over the 657 is the learning remote.   :(
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2005 at 10:27 AM by paolorenzo »

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
Re: RX-V750 or RX-V657
« Reply #2273 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 08:38 AM »

On the premise that the prices of both are similar, I'd get the 750. I find no use for the XM sat radio that the 657 has here in the Philippines. But I can do so much with a learning remote, especially a Yamaha remote which always had a good reputation for convenience and performance.  ;D
Making the most of what I've got

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • LOUD and CLEAR! Mabuhay ang mga PCCian na bagets!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2274 on: Dec 18, 2005 at 11:30 PM »
mga Sir's need help,

Can someone advise on where I can buy YAMAHA DSP's receiver remote control?

I'm particularly looking for this model

*YAMAHA DSP-2000*

this is how it looks...

If ever, it is not available can I use a different Yammy remote for this receiver?
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Pipho (pinoy photography) member

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2275 on: Dec 19, 2005 at 01:26 PM »
guys,

i'm planning to upgrade my yammy rx-v440. i'm eyeing on between the rx-v650 or the denon 1906. can you guys help me decide on which one is better the 650 or the denon...galing kasi akong shangrila yesterday and i auditioned the denon parang mas maganda tunog ng denon sa ht compared sa yamaha?

Offline Toquero

• Collector
  • I'm mastah !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2276 on: Dec 19, 2005 at 02:18 PM »
guys,

i'm planning to upgrade my yammy rx-v440. i'm eyeing on between the rx-v650 or the denon 1906. can you guys help me decide on which one is better the 650 or the denon...galing kasi akong shangrila yesterday and i auditioned the denon parang mas maganda tunog ng denon sa ht compared sa yamaha?

considering  the 2 recievers belonging to mid level category, both perform well both on their respective areas. The 650 for HT and Denon for audio .That's actually the same scenario I've experienced when fishing for an upgrade for my yammy 440 during that time ;D  And the end result, I've chosen the Denon 1905 over  yammy 650 during that time (May' 05). Medyo maninibago ka talaga sa tunog niya sa HT movies dahil musical yung denon avr. And if I recall it right Sir av_phile one's said that avr that performs good in audio would definitely perform good on HT. ;) ;) Mas bilog ang tunog niya sa low frequency. BTW what speakers did you auditioned it with?...
HK2550/Denon DVD3800 /B&W603/LCR60/CHT 10-R/DM303

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2277 on: Dec 19, 2005 at 03:16 PM »
guys,

I upgraded from a Yammy 530 to a Denon 1906 and I am very happy with my choice. From a purely age perspective, the Denon 1906 is the latest model from Denon while the 650 has been around for quite sometime and already has a successor - the 657. From a performance perspective, Denon also beat the ^%$%(* out of my old Yammy but of course, the model of my Yammy was released 2 or 3 years ago pa... You can read my in puts on the Denon in the Denon AVR thread...

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2278 on: Dec 19, 2005 at 03:50 PM »
considering  the 2 recievers belonging to mid level category, both perform well both on their respective areas. The 650 for HT and Denon for audio .That's actually the same scenario I've experienced when fishing for an upgrade for my yammy 440 during that time ;D  And the end result, I've chosen the Denon 1905 over  yammy 650 during that time (May' 05). Medyo maninibago ka talaga sa tunog niya sa HT movies dahil musical yung denon avr. And if I recall it right Sir av_phile one's said that avr that performs good in audio would definitely perform good on HT. ;) ;) Mas bilog ang tunog niya sa low frequency. BTW what speakers did you auditioned it with?...

Sir,

B&W Speakers

Offline ricracer

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Yamaha 650 vs Marantz 4500
« Reply #2279 on: Dec 19, 2005 at 05:07 PM »
I just browsed through the Marantz thread and I was quite impressed by the reviews by users of the 4500.  I'm actually thinking of buying also the Yamaha 650 (i found a store selling it at 19k), so I want to get feedbck from Yamaha users.

Medyo na-simplehan kasi ako doon sa Marantz, baka mas ok yung Yamaha with add'l 1.5K lang.
;)