Author Topic: Yamaha Receivers  (Read 400947 times)

Offline chatstix

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Yamaha Receivers
« Reply #2610 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 08:55 AM »
Ricky- Thanks for the input but the remote doesn't have effects off in it.  I'm still experiementing on what buttons to push.  Naka-auto naman lahat I just dunno why the d**n DSPs are the ones activated when I play DVDs.  >:(

try pressing 'straight' button. this will bypass all dsp and enhancements.

Offline Reymer

• Trade Count: (+144)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2611 on: Oct 11, 2006 at 03:20 AM »
If the DVD input is already set to AUTO and the 357 still doesnt switch to DD or DTS, have your optical cable checked (maybe its the problem). Or try using another cable (coaxial?). Hope this helps  :)
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2006 at 03:27 AM by Reymer »

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2612 on: Oct 11, 2006 at 11:40 AM »
Ricky- Thanks for the input but the remote doesn't have effects off in it.  I'm still experiementing on what buttons to push.  Naka-auto naman lahat I just dunno why the d**n DSPs are the ones activated when I play DVDs.  >:(

Press the DD/DTS button then the left / right buttons, with that you can choose if it's DD?DTS straight or enhanced. Let me know if that works.  ;)
Making the most of what I've got

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #2613 on: Oct 12, 2006 at 03:22 PM »
I was able to solve the problem by pushing the program button manually on the receiver and it breezed to all the DSPs until it showed Dolby Digital on the display. If the DVD player is stopped, the display showed prologic.    The problem is I was using the remote the whole time and it didn't seem to work.  Weird!  :-\ 

Thanks guys for all your responses!  ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2006 at 03:23 PM by nerveblocker »

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2614 on: Oct 13, 2006 at 09:35 AM »
I was able to solve the problem by pushing the program button manually on the receiver and it breezed to all the DSPs until it showed Dolby Digital on the display. If the DVD player is stopped, the display showed prologic.    The problem is I was using the remote the whole time and it didn't seem to work.  Weird!  :-\ 

Thanks guys for all your responses!  ;)

Pag wala syang natatanggap na digital source, talagang babalik sya sa prologic mode, ganyan talaga. I'm not sure that the 357 remote has this but see if it has the a or b group button on it, if not, the single asterisk or double asterisk. If the remote doesn't seem to work, press the single asterisk or a. Tingnan ko nag uli ang 357 remote ng kebigan ko. Let me know.  ;)

Offline luther

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • protegetech.org rav4world.com tsikot.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #2615 on: Oct 16, 2006 at 04:14 PM »
hi guys...

any here who knows of the udpated prices of mid to low end yammie receivers?

am looking to hook this up with dai-ichi DTX front & center speakers, and rears & sub from nivrblkr.

thanks!

Offline Assassin101

• Collector
  • chill
  • Liked:
« Reply #2616 on: Oct 17, 2006 at 05:38 PM »
hi all, my current setup is yammy 650 and a diamond 8.4 but when i replaced my floorstanders to a Opus 5 Dantax. there was a great improvement. the sound coming from the front was more clear and u can clearly distinguish if its coming from the left or the right. any suggestion on what i need to do with my wharfe setup? do i need to add a power amp, or just lower the setting of the front channel?

Offline acostaml

• Apprentice
  • I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2617 on: Oct 20, 2006 at 01:37 PM »
hi guys...

any here who knows of the udpated prices of mid to low end yammie receivers?

am looking to hook this up with dai-ichi DTX front & center speakers, and rears & sub from nivrblkr.

thanks!

Nasa 13K to 20K ang yamaha. 357, 457,557,657

Im selling my other yamaha 557ti for 15K. Look for my thread...
HK AVR 335
Wharfedale 9.4
Wharfedale 9 CS / WH2
Whafedale SW150

Offline T-850

• DVD Addict
  • you are TERMINATED!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2618 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 09:44 AM »
OT- is it advisable to use a 500watt AVR (usually used for PCs) for my Yamaha Amp?

Offline Reymer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2619 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 10:29 AM »
OT- is it advisable to use a 500watt AVR (usually used for PCs) for my Yamaha Amp?

If its the relay type, no. But if its the servo type (usually the more expensive model AVRs) then it's OK. IMHO the relay type AVRs will do more harm than good.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2620 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 10:43 AM »

Just like Reymer said, go for the relay type. And its better if you give an allowance from your Yammy's max power consumption. The mid model Yammies have over 500w power consumption. Its better to use at least a 1000w servo AVR.

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2621 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 05:00 PM »
mga sir pls help, i have a yamaha rx450, is there any option para medyo marinig ko ng mas malakas yung audio ng center? para lang kase nahihinaan ako pag dialog na yung maririnig, meron ba option sa avr? btw yung center ko daichi lang po.

thanls :)

Offline Reymer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2622 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 10:15 PM »
Just like Reymer said, go for the relay type. And its better if you give an allowance from your Yammy's max power consumption. The mid model Yammies have over 500w power consumption. Its better to use at least a 1000w servo AVR.

Sir Matz, baligtad yata, dapat servo  ;D T-850, Tama si Sir Matz, give allowance. Gamit ko din 1000w servo type pero kasama na dito lahat pati sub.

mga sir pls help, i have a yamaha rx450, is there any option para medyo marinig ko ng mas malakas yung audio ng center? para lang kase nahihinaan ako pag dialog na yung maririnig, meron ba option sa avr? btw yung center ko daichi lang po.

thanls :)

Im not really sure about the RXV450, but I think you can always adjust the level of your center speaker. Baka kasi mababa ang sensitivity ng center mo compared to your fronts  :)
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2006 at 10:22 PM by Reymer »

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2623 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 10:39 PM »
Im not really sure about the RXV450, but I think you can always adjust the level of your center speaker. Baka kasi mababa ang sensitivity ng center mo compared to your fronts  :)

sir Reymer any tips po ba kung saan ko pede i-adjust yung (avr)settings ng center ko?

salamat po

Offline T-850

• DVD Addict
  • you are TERMINATED!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2624 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 10:41 PM »
hi again guys.... what do you mean by relay type? how much do these AVR retail for?
can i get one on a budget of less than 1.5k?

Offline Reymer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2625 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 10:56 PM »
sir Reymer any tips po ba kung saan ko pede i-adjust yung (avr)settings ng center ko?

salamat po

Yun kasing RXV800, inadjust ko ung center and surround levels sa TEST tone mode. Pagdating dun sa test tone ng center, press the UP or RIGHT button sa remote to increase the sound level. Meron din selector sa remote where you can adjust the center, surround, and subwoofer level. Im not familiar with the 450 but most receivers allow you to adjust these settings.

hi again guys.... what do you mean by relay type? how much do these AVR retail for?

Use SERVO type (na-typo error lang siguro si Sir Matz ;D) The relay type is suited for PCs only. As the name implies, may  nagsiswitch na relay to correct the voltage output, but the problem is medyo abrupt ang voltage adjustment nito. The servo type has a motor na gradually naga-adjust ng voltage, and its safer and more accurate. I think merong medyo mura (YADEN?) na servo type sa Raon, meron thread tungkol dito sa forum.
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2006 at 11:23 PM by Reymer »

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2626 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 11:15 PM »
salamat sir Reymer :)

Offline T-850

• DVD Addict
  • you are TERMINATED!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2627 on: Nov 03, 2006 at 03:29 AM »
thanks Reymer.. how much do they retail for nga pala? :)

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2628 on: Nov 03, 2006 at 10:21 AM »

salamat po

Try using your remote, it has the Level button down the middle section of the remote. If you press this, it will show a particular channel's volume level, keep pressing it or the up and down to select each individual channel and the left and right arrow buttons to adjust level of each.  ;)

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2629 on: Nov 03, 2006 at 10:35 AM »

Relay type means, if the power fluctuates, there's a switch (relay) that automatically compensates for the fluctuation, and this switch usually just feeds a certain multiple of power to the output therefore is very inaccurate since fluctuations are variable. i.e.: say the power goes down to 150 volts, this relay multiplies it by two to compensate for the inadequacy, so you get 300V, if fluctuation is at 100, it becomes 200, so medyo delikado para sa appliance, unlike a servo type avr that compensates just the right amount of voltage, via a motor that positions the terminal at a certain point on the core, so the voltage is basicaly maintained at around specified voltage, I hope that helps you get a bit of enlightenment. I saw one with the brand Samwon, rated at 1000W, servo type, it was around 1,500 pesos, and nasa Bacolod pa ako, I'm sure if you took the time to look around Raon, mas mura pa dyan. Ingat, bro.

Arthur Allan

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2630 on: Nov 03, 2006 at 10:57 AM »
Sir Matz, baligtad yata, dapat servo  ;D T-850, Tama si Sir Matz, give allowance. Gamit ko din 1000w servo type pero kasama na dito lahat pati sub.

Hehe, oo nga, servo pala.  ;D

Yes, you can adjust the volume of your center to be louder than the other speakers.

Offline fnvillafuerte

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2631 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 07:36 PM »
Any one here tried Yamaha with B&W speakers?  Are these two a good match?  I'm planning to upgrade my fronts to B&W 602 bookshelves, my AVR is Yamaha RXV-550 (but will replace this with RXV-659 later).  Please help me decide.

Your inputs are highly appreciated.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2006 at 07:42 PM by fnvillafuerte »
"If you love life, life will love you back."

Offline Reymer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2632 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 11:10 PM »
Any one here tried Yamaha with B&W speakers?  Are these two a good match?  I'm planning to upgrade my fronts to B&W 602 bookshelves, my AVR is Yamaha RXV-550 (but will replace this with RXV-659 later).  Please help me decide.

My setup:
Yamaha RXV800
fronts: B&W603s2 floorstanders
center: B&W LCR6s2
rear: B&W 601
Velodyne CHT8

My original receiver was an Onkyo 656. The sound was too warm (or boomy?) with the Onkyo and the surround modes were limited. But when I switched to the Yamaha 800, the sound was a little bit (thinner?), but I liked it more since medyo boomy ang dating dati sa akin nung onkyo (Im not sure, maybe its bec. of the 603?). Clearer and more detailed and tunog nung 603s with the yamaha. Plus, I love the surround modes  ;D. I also tried the B&W 602s3 last December with the Yamaha. It was OK too, but I like the 603 more (I dont know if its bec I have a small sub, CHT8), kaya ayun pinasa ko nalang sa bro ko. matagal na din itong setup ko, 5.1 lang but Im happy with it.

Im not sure about the RXV550, maybe you could just bring along your receiver to try it with the 602.
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2006 at 03:50 PM by Reymer »

Offline fnvillafuerte

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2633 on: Nov 09, 2006 at 01:30 PM »
Ok, thanks for sharing your experience with Yammy and B&W.  I will bring my Yammy 550 to the showroom to actually experience how it will sound with B&W 602S3.  If I will be satisfied, I may stay with 550 na lang.
"If you love life, life will love you back."

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2634 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 11:37 PM »

froi, musta na pare :)........IMO, they form a great match, am currently using a pair of B&W 602s3 & LCR60s3 as fronts & center being driven by a Yamaha HTR-5860 as pre/pro (equivalent of RX-V657) & a Rotel RMB-1075 Multi Ch. Power Amp. :D

at first, i drove these speakers w/ a yammy 450 & i got some good results, then i upgraded to my current yammy receiver as a stand alone amp. & i got an even satisfying results, but when i added the rotel external power amp. i got the best result out of my HT system 8)

you may refer to this thread (starting w/ reply no. 743) for further discussion on this combo:

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=56933.728

8)
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2006 at 11:58 PM by classicman »

Offline maserati

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2635 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 07:38 PM »
anybody knows the current price ng yamaha 657 and 757 and kung san sila available?  thanks!

Offline spiro0426

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2636 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 03:25 PM »
Mga sirs,

Im quite newbie to HT, per manual i followed the yamaha remote control setting in order for me to use the RC to control my philips dvd player and my sony tv. I was able to test the manufacturer's code of each item and test by pressing one component (power on, etc) and working good. After ko matapos ung prescribed steps, wala na naman. Hindi ko na naman mapagana using the yammy RC. Kapag inulit ko, oks na naman ulit.

Patulong sana ako on how will i able to have the function of each basic component working good with the RC. TIA

Offline spiro0426

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2637 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 03:27 PM »
by the way, my reciever was a yammy rxv 2200

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2638 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 03:58 PM »
I think, as of my experience with my 450 & 650, you need to keep toggling back the remote from AMP (for AVR functions) to DVDp or CDp, everytime you need to use the remote for THAT function. I also kept making that mistake before.

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #2639 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 04:37 PM »

Used to have a Yammie & B&W HT setup. 1200 Yam, Series 3 602, LC60, 600 plus big Velo produced proper HT sounds. Concert DVD's were the setup's forte.  Kinda overkill nga for HT IMO.  Don't expect too much from Yamaha when playing stereo though.  Talo siya sa same priced Onkyo & Denon AVR's pag stereo.   
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL