Author Topic: Yamaha Receivers  (Read 400953 times)

Offline Jun_P

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
Re: Yamaha Receivers
« Reply #2640 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 05:08 PM »
Mga sirs,

Im quite newbie to HT, per manual i followed the yamaha remote control setting in order for me to use the RC to control my philips dvd player and my sony tv. I was able to test the manufacturer's code of each item and test by pressing one component (power on, etc) and working good. After ko matapos ung prescribed steps, wala na naman. Hindi ko na naman mapagana using the yammy RC. Kapag inulit ko, oks na naman ulit.

Patulong sana ako on how will i able to have the function of each basic component working good with the RC. TIA

This might work for your Rxv-2200 RC..

What I do is press the source (for example, my Philips dvd player is connected to the DVD input on my Yamaha AVR so I press the DVD button on the Yammy RC), so you can control your component. Then press AMP so you can control the AVR. Quite confusing the first few times you do it, but you should be able to get used to it.

Actually I was quite surprised that my RXV-357's RC was able to control my Philips dvd player. I just accidentally found out  ;D the manual didn't say anything about it. So now instead of 3 remotes I use 2, the other one for the Philips TV, which the Yammy RC can't control  ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2006 at 05:17 PM by jun_p »

Offline spiro0426

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2641 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 09:41 AM »
Ill try it tonight. What i was doing then was follow the step by step procedure in the manual, press dvd (press learn then setup will be shown in the LCD of the RC, then ill look for the manufacturer, press button of some function of the dvd player; then mag work naman sya; after i press learn again, wala na ulit ung function).

Have tried the RC both on the dvd and tv, okay naman. After mag exit sa procedure, wala ulit. Anyway ill explore it more times. Tanx guys.

Offline Reymer

• Trade Count: (+144)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2642 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 09:33 PM »

Used to have a Yammie & B&W HT setup. 1200 Yam, Series 3 602, LC60, 600 plus big Velo produced proper HT sounds. Concert DVD's were the setup's forte.  Kinda overkill nga for HT IMO.  Don't expect too much from Yamaha when playing stereo though.  Talo siya sa same priced Onkyo & Denon AVR's pag stereo.   

This is true. Yamaha is great only for HT (IMO). For audio, I use a different setup.

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
RX-V659 OSD Problem
« Reply #2643 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 09:16 AM »
Mga sirs, I have a friend who has a problem with the OSD display of his rx-v750. Para kasing PAL signal ang output sa tv niya. As in continuous ang pag-scroll sa tv screen nya.  Sa Harman Kardon kasi, ganito din but the solution sa HK is to hold the OSD button on the remote for about 3 secs.  Meron bang ganitong feature sa yamaha rx-v750 or meron diperensiya yun unit ng friend ko? Thanks in advance.

I just setup my HT yesterday, and it seems that the RX-V659 OSD is also in PAL format.  Pero yung OSD lang naman ang problema.  The video pass through feature (to component out) is working great.  I'm still looking into this.  Bad trip kasi it's slowing down my setup.

Feedback naman from all the RX-Vx59 owners out there...  Baka naman there's a remedy I haven't seen yet.

Offline Assassin101

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • chill
  • Liked:
« Reply #2644 on: Nov 21, 2006 at 01:19 PM »
i have an RXV650 but i never had problems with the OSD i'm using a japs surplus tv kaya wala ito PAL. kaya lang wala sya video pass thru  using component video only sa s-video lang.

Offline backdraft

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #2645 on: Nov 27, 2006 at 07:14 AM »
Any update on the SRP of the 357/457/557 receivers and where it is available. Thanks!

Offline HT_Freshman

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2646 on: Nov 28, 2006 at 12:26 AM »
Need some advice mga masters.

Im planning to get a Yamaha RXV-457 this month or by January Next year, OK na po ba sya for entry level HT AV Receiver or is there any AV Receiver na mas maganda gamitin than this one? Bago lang po ako dito sa World of HT kaya wala pa po ako gaano alam lalo na sa AV Receivers.

Comments, Suggestions and Recommendations are Highly appreciated!

Offline Jun_P

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #2647 on: Nov 28, 2006 at 08:08 AM »
how much is your budget?
 ;)

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #2648 on: Nov 28, 2006 at 08:13 AM »
mr. HT freshman,

when I was just starting like you, I blindly bought a yamaha 6 series receiver.
in short, naka tsamba ako.  kasi ang pre-outs with yamaha starts with the 6 series. 

pre-outs give you the opportunity in the future to upgrade and buy an external amplifier (only if you want). 
i think the 6 series is also the one with 7.1 (in case in the future you want the additional rear channels)

if you can save for a 6 series yammy, I would recommend that instead of the lower series.
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline HT_Freshman

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2649 on: Nov 28, 2006 at 08:18 AM »
ano po ba magandang gamiting Yamaha AV Receiver or other Brand Equivalent for my Speakers na price eh nasa P15K po???

Speakers:
FRONT - Wharfedale 8.4
SORROUND - Wharfedale WH-2 Sorround
CENTER - Wharfedale Diamon 9CS

Many thanks!

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2650 on: Nov 28, 2006 at 12:21 PM »
Di nagtagal yung Yamaha 450 sa akin (3 months). I find it "bitin" (personal opinion only). Maybe because I used floorstanding speakers. If you can, just save up for awhile & get a good receiver. Kesa bitin tapos upgrade ka pa next time. Its what happened to me & I dont wish this to happen to others- sayang oras at pera. And take note, madali benta speakers, pero receivers, mahirap. So best advice is to get it right the first time.

For me, go for at least the 6 series of Yamaha (used to have a 650) plus bookshelf speakers. IMHO, the lower model AVR's are good for satellite (or surround size) speaker systems only. And like Mike C said,  a receiver w/ pre outs for future expansion would be a handy feature.

You could also try the B/S section. Lots of good deals there now, pasko na eh, time to upgrade.  :D

Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2006 at 11:04 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #2651 on: Nov 28, 2006 at 01:00 PM »
Sir HT_Freshman, korek na korek sila.  Nagpademo ako ng 457 for DVD video, mahina ang bass, kulang sa clarity, hindi ko pa maintindihan ang dialog.  You don't need the aggravation.  Start with the 600 series.
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2006 at 01:04 PM by barrister »

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2652 on: Nov 28, 2006 at 01:02 PM »
Seconding sir Matz, my rule of thumb has always been, buy the best technology you can afford. It has always worked well for me. Know your financial limits and see what it can get you. And yes, the Buy And Sell section is a great venue.  ;) God Bless.
Making the most of what I've got

Offline HT_Freshman

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2653 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 12:54 AM »
oh! thanks a lot mga sir! i really do appreciate your comments and advices!

now i see the light! kala ko kasi OK na yung Yamaha 457 eh! Pero kung ibang brand link ONKYO, PIONEER, MARANTZ, PIONEER na less than P20K, ano po kaya ma rerecommend ninyo to drive my speakers?

Nagtanong ako sa 5th Avenue meron silang MARANTZ 4600 almost P23K na then may inaalok sa akin naman na KENWOOD 7.1 na din for P19K. ONKYO di ko lang alam kung anong model ang pinaka mura nila. PIONEER also may nakita ako for P16K na 6.1. I really like the Marantz 4600 kaso out of my Budget na talaga and papaluin na ko ng nanay ko pagbinili ko yun! hehehe!

Btw, magkano na po ba yung YAMAHA 6 Series nila? RXV 657 ata entry level ng 6 series nila AFAIC.

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #2654 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 07:55 AM »
659 yung latest model, pero baka mas mura nga yung 657

medyo mahal ata sa mga mall (kasi malaki overhead nila - aka taga)
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2655 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 10:42 AM »
One of the best advice I read from a book (the Complete Guide to High End Audio) is to match the value of your electronics (receiver) to your  speakers or higher. So in application, if you bought a P40,000 ($800 like the Wharfe 9.6) speaker, match it with a P40,000 receiver or higher for best results.

Just so happens we are lucky that wharfes are cheap here, but consider Wharfe's international price NOT our local price. Huwag dayain!  :D

So if the Wharfe 8.4 is $600 internationally, try to get an equal value receiver or higher for best results. If you cant, there is no harm in holding back for awhile and make more savings to get what you want (or go for pre owned). Its better to get a good one than a mediocre AVR & then upgrade later, wasting time & money.

The truth may hurt (the pocket) at first, but in the end you will appreciate this advice (if you follow it). Your HT system will give you many years of satisfaction, instead of dissatisfaction or selling it in the B/S section cuz its "bitin".
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2006 at 11:05 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2656 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 11:40 AM »
oh! thanks a lot mga sir! i really do appreciate your comments and advices!

now i see the light! kala ko kasi OK na yung Yamaha 457 eh! Pero kung ibang brand link ONKYO, PIONEER, MARANTZ, PIONEER na less than P20K, ano po kaya ma rerecommend ninyo to drive my speakers?

Nagtanong ako sa 5th Avenue meron silang MARANTZ 4600 almost P23K na then may inaalok sa akin naman na KENWOOD 7.1 na din for P19K. ONKYO di ko lang alam kung anong model ang pinaka mura nila. PIONEER also may nakita ako for P16K na 6.1. I really like the Marantz 4600 kaso out of my Budget na talaga and papaluin na ko ng nanay ko pagbinili ko yun! hehehe!

Btw, magkano na po ba yung YAMAHA 6 Series nila? RXV 657 ata entry level ng 6 series nila AFAIC.

If it's more for HT, no better path than a Yamaha. I think a 650 would be good enough if you can still find one, if not then the 657. And no better venue than the Buy and Sell section, hehe. Just me though.  ;D
Making the most of what I've got

Offline HT_Freshman

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2657 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 11:41 AM »
Thanks a bunch po mga Audio Masters!

Saan po ba maganda bumili ng YAMAHA 6 Series na Receiver kasi alam ko nga talagang mahal sa Malls eh laki nga ng patong nila. Saan po bang store mura mga YAMMY?

Offline ronjet

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #2658 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 12:10 PM »
sir HT_freshman.. tama sila sir, If I have a 20k budget for a receiver. If ok lang sayo ang pre-owned- I'll try my luck to find one sa Buy and Sell Section(HT equipment) here sa pdvd ng pre-owned good receiver. 650 -657 ok na din yun.. sayang meron nagbenta dati ng 750 for 16k lang ata also yung kay sir ozzzy na 2200 for 20k :D :D ;D

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2659 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 03:14 PM »
Saan po ba maganda bumili ng YAMAHA 6 Series na Receiver kasi alam ko nga talagang mahal sa Malls eh laki nga ng patong nila. Saan po bang store mura mga YAMMY?

OK lang ang presyo sa malls.  Delikado sa kung saan-saan, baka no warranty or reconditioned pa mabili mo.

Suggestions:

1. Suki ko:  AUDIO EXCELLANCE: Spectra Group
Located at: G17 Cybermall, Eastwood City, Libis, QC
Tel. No.:      687-0792
E-mail:        [email protected]
Look for:     Nino Alagon

2.  Suki ko rin:  SPECTRA AUDIO VIDEO CENTER, 17 Parksquare 1 Ayala Center Makati 8185493

3.  Yamaha dealer & service center: Audio World Tech.
located at 749 Banawe cor. Sct. Alcaraz, in between Retiro and Delmonte ave.
Tel.7327716 and 7426843
We carry DYNAUDIO, MISSION, B&W, JPW, HEYBROOK, VELODYNE, ECOSSE CABLES, EXPOSURE, ROTEL, MUSICAL FIDELITY, YAMAHA, PIONEER, MARANTZ, ONKYO, and much more, we also got lots of preowned gears. pls come visit us :)   Audiophile cd's also available.
Sales and Service center of YAMAHA.

4.  The cheapest:  Ambassador Appliances
Parksquare 1 Ayala Center Makati =8930667; 8930668 - virgie
Mabait naman sila, pero kulang sa service.  They don't even audition gears.

Sa 600 series, 659 should be the best kasi may Burr Brown DAC 'yon.
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2006 at 03:20 PM by barrister »

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #2660 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 03:44 PM »
OK lang ang presyo sa malls.  Delikado sa kung saan-saan, baka no warranty or reconditioned pa mabili mo.

Suggestions:

1. Suki ko:  AUDIO EXCELLANCE: Spectra Group
Located at: G17 Cybermall, Eastwood City, Libis, QC
Tel. No.:      687-0792
E-mail:        [email protected]
Look for:     Nino Alagon

Looks like they're closed already. I passed by Eastwood last night and their former stall was closed and a shoe/clothing store was set to open in the same place.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2661 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 10:28 PM »
Sayang naman.  Malapit sana sa amin ang Eastwood.  Thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2006 at 10:29 PM by barrister »

Offline Funktopuss

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2662 on: Nov 30, 2006 at 08:29 PM »
HT freshman, ako rin matagal na naghahanap ng 657, lahat ng napuntahan kong store out of stock na, puro 659 offer nila pero di kaya ng budget ko, let me know if you found one and likewise para di tayo magunahan kpag may nagalok sa buy and sell section. ;)

Offline HT_Freshman

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2663 on: Dec 01, 2006 at 10:33 AM »
@Funktopuss

Honga po sir hirap maghanap ng Yamaha RXV 657 eh! nagtanong na din ako sa Shangri-La wala na din daw silang ganung MOdel. I'll try my Luck sa ibang Malls baka meron sila binebentang 657.

thanks!

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2664 on: Dec 04, 2006 at 10:24 AM »
HT freshman, ako rin matagal na naghahanap ng 657, lahat ng napuntahan kong store out of stock na, puro 659 offer nila pero di kaya ng budget ko, let me know if you found one and likewise para di tayo magunahan kpag may nagalok sa buy and sell section. ;)

hi sir, i was canvassing a week or 2 back and was able to find 659 at 26k po... this still out of your budget?
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline HT_Freshman

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2665 on: Dec 04, 2006 at 10:31 AM »
@allenwfc

Sir san mo nakitang store yung 659 @ P26K?

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2666 on: Dec 04, 2006 at 11:05 AM »
@allenwfc

Sir san mo nakitang store yung 659 @ P26K?

sa v-mall greenhills 3rd floor

in one of the shops that sell a ps3. they should be the only shop that sells a ps3 and also, sells speakers and have a couch area for ht audition...

price is for cash basis though.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2667 on: Dec 05, 2006 at 03:07 PM »
out of curiosty, anyone seen the yamaha rx-v1700 up for sale already locally?

any ideas on prices?

Offline lakambini

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2668 on: Dec 05, 2006 at 04:14 PM »
ht_freshman

saw a yam rx-v657 at spectra last month, you can check them out if they still have it.

Offline skylynx888

• DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
« Reply #2669 on: Dec 05, 2006 at 04:39 PM »
sa v-mall greenhills 3rd floor
in one of the shops that sell a ps3. they should be the only shop that sells a ps3 and also, sells speakers and have a couch area for ht audition...
bro ht_freshman, i guess bro Allenwfc is referring to Cardinal Audio in Greenhills  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2006 at 04:42 PM by skylynx888 »