Author Topic: Dynaudio Speakers  (Read 129117 times)

Offline ozzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dynaudio Speakers
« Reply #120 on: Dec 18, 2004 at 08:23 AM »
just posting to say that i use dyna audience 52 for HT and am very satisfied with the performance. mids are clear and full.

when i listen to new wave & pop music, its like listening to floorstanders in my room.

i have not tried them with tubes yet only ss (marantz & rotel). will post some of my comments on tubes+audience 52 during xmas break.

am looking for 2nd hand contour 1.3 mkIII for upgrade next year.

Offline mYKi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Dec 20, 2004 at 04:05 PM »
Hi ozzie,

We have the same combination, Audience 52 + Marantz + Rotel.

I would surely like to know how it will sound with tubes. However, Iceman said that Dyns need a lot of current so tubes will not make the Dyns sound good. According to him, it sounded like a transitorized radio.

Offline obey

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #122 on: Dec 21, 2004 at 01:40 AM »
Maybe you can try dynaudios with a tube hybrid amp.  I believe these amps can drive 4 ohm speakers.

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Dec 21, 2004 at 08:49 AM »
Hi ozzie,

We have the same combination, Audience 52 + Marantz + Rotel.

I would surely like to know how it will sound with tubes. However, Iceman said that Dyns need a lot of current so tubes will not make the Dyns sound good. According to him, it sounded like a transitorized radio.

depende sa tube amp :) on a 2a3 - tunog transistor radio, a Scott 299d makes it sing (at reasonably moderate volumes), with a Hurricane PP amp - it Rocks! ;D ;D
money is best spent

Offline nephilim

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Collector
  • PureSound Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Jan 02, 2005 at 12:16 AM »
Happy New Year guys. 

I was just wondering if anyone is in the market for an upgrade.  Yup, you heard right.  I'm going to be selling what I thought I wouldn't sell in at least a couple of years.  I figured, I'd let you guys in this thread know ahead of time before I post the items in the Buy & Sell side.  You guys being Dyn fans and all.  Reason for selling, the usual ... upgraditis. 

Units are:

Contour 1.8 mk II (in rosewood)
Audience 42C (in rosewood)

PureSound Inc.

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Jan 02, 2005 at 10:30 AM »
the Contour 1.8 mkII yummy    ;D

money is best spent

Offline nephilim

• Collector
  • PureSound Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Jan 03, 2005 at 12:21 PM »
iceman,

Yup.  Mine has a tan line though, grills are always on kasi.  :D
PureSound Inc.

Offline bodin

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Jan 14, 2005 at 12:35 PM »
May I know how much audience 40 and 50 costs,  and where to find them? Please give phone numbers.
Thanks

Offline bodin

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Jan 15, 2005 at 05:07 PM »
I mean magkano ang price ng audience 42 (not 40) at saan ito makukuha. Pakibigay ang contact number.
Thanks

Offline nephilim

• Collector
  • PureSound Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Jan 17, 2005 at 03:37 PM »
bodin, check out listening in style under audio stores.  The contact number should be there. They should be able to help you.
PureSound Inc.

Offline rony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #130 on: Jan 17, 2005 at 08:24 PM »
sir bodin baka interested ka sa audience 60 :)

Offline bodin

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Jan 17, 2005 at 09:35 PM »
rony,

Im sure audience 60 is very far from my budget. Marahil hanggang  panaginip na lang yan.

Offline rony

• DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Jan 18, 2005 at 08:40 AM »
bodin sent u pm.  ;)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Apr 27, 2005 at 10:38 AM »
Hi guys,

My friend is going to buy a new Harman Kardon AVR for his dynaudio audience 72. Does HK match with dyns?

My friend is more into the HK for the looks. We both bought this 1080i DVD player in HongKong with a blue lit tray, bagay na bagay sa HK with its blue lit knobs & stuff. So now he wants a matching HK avr.

He is also planning to get a tube amp for his spare audience 42, any recommendations? (low budget lang)

TIA   :D.

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Apr 27, 2005 at 11:55 AM »
what model is he looking at? the Dynes are happy with a lot of power, so to do them justice - he should consider at least the 430 :)
money is best spent

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Apr 27, 2005 at 12:29 PM »
what model is he looking at? the Dynes are happy with a lot of power, so to do them justice - he should consider at least the 430 :)

No particular model yet as of now, he is flying to Canada today and will be back after 20 days so I thought I would check out the HK-Dyn compatibility here in pdvd for him.

Wow, the AVR 430 is at 55k according to a brochure from Acoustical space. I am sure my friend can afford it, but I just dont know if he is willing to shell out that much... :).

Thanks Iceman  :),

So its a match, but AVR 430 is recommended right? How about a lower model + separate amps?

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Apr 27, 2005 at 04:46 PM »
the problem is lower model HK's dont have pre-outs for use with another power amp (at least for the HK 2550-3550 series) not sure about the x30's but usually HK has them for higher models only... that is an option though :)
money is best spent

Offline Lucky7

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Jun 20, 2005 at 09:56 AM »
Mga Dyns owners,

What is the sound characteristics of this speaker? forward ba?neutral or laidback sounding? Balak ko kasi imatch with Nad or Arcam receiver medyo mahal kasi yung Rotel.Nad ba? or Arcam?Please help!

Thanks

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 898
« Reply #138 on: Jun 20, 2005 at 12:53 PM »
Mga Dyns owners,

What is the sound characteristics of this speaker? forward ba?neutral or laidback sounding? Balak ko kasi imatch with Nad or Arcam receiver medyo mahal kasi yung Rotel.Nad ba? or Arcam?Please help!

Thanks

One thing that I can say with the Dyns is that they are "honest" sounding speakers.  partner them with good electronics and play a good recording im quite sure that the dynes will sing effortlessly and with stunning resolution and transparency to boot. They are particularly revealing of their partnering equipment. The NAD, Arcam and Rotel receivers that you mentioned have enough power to drive the Dynes into respectable volume levels but to hear the Dyns in their utmost best you have to partner them with a very big and clean sounding amp (at least 150 watts RMS per channel IMO).  Try them out first and see if you like the combi of a NAD/Dyn or an Arcam/Dyn.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Lucky7

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Jul 08, 2005 at 12:41 PM »
Synchro,

I listened to the Arcam/Dyns and Nad/Dyns combo and I liked the Arcam better. More detail and open ang sound with NAD the sound is very warm and less detail at parang compress parang may nakaharang na blanket.Sa Arcam parang tinanggal mo ang blanket. Any speaker wire recommendation for the Audience 52/Arcam combo?

Thanks

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Jul 08, 2005 at 04:21 PM »
Lucky 7

http://www.vandenhul.com/cable/rvlutn-h.htm

at present I am using Van Den Hul The Revolution speaker cables.  It seems to be a good match for my application (Audience 50/Classe Amp). Inner detail was more evident and the bass improved tremendously.  prior to the Revolution model, I was using Van Den Hul The Clearwater speaker cables when my Audience 50 was being powered by an Adcom amp.  The Clearwater also was a good match to the Audience 50/Adcom set up. I have tried XLO cables and for me it wasnt a good match for my application.  VDH cables are no longer being sold in the Philippines but I do suggest for you to check out Listening in Style for their speaker cable lineup. They may have cables there that can bring out the best in your Dyn/Arcam combo. Try to contact also Listening Room in Mega as they may still have some of the VDH cables in stock (new old stock). good luck
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Lucky7

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Jul 11, 2005 at 08:49 AM »
Thanks synrcho1, what about interconnects? any recommendation?

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Jul 11, 2005 at 12:58 PM »
Thanks synrcho1, what about interconnects? any recommendation?

try the ff: MIT, Audience, VDH  :)
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline tuscany

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 07:02 PM »
I'm planning to buy new speakers and I am considering the Audience 52. Has anyone here tried to use the said speaker with a Musical Fidelity A2 amp (25 watt per channel into 8ohms and 50 watts into 4 ohms). Will the amp be able to maximize the potential of the Audience 52.

Offline rony

• DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 07:58 PM »
I'm planning to buy new speakers and I am considering the Audience 52. Has anyone here tried to use the said speaker with a Musical Fidelity A2 amp (25 watt per channel into 8ohms and 50 watts into 4 ohms). Will the amp be able to maximize the potential of the Audience 52.

I dont think so. Dynes need a lot of AMP power.  :( I think you should audition syncro_01 setup.  :D
he can help you a lot with regards to dynaudio. ;D

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Jul 14, 2005 at 10:03 AM »
tuscany

a 50 watt/ch@4ohm power amp will produce decent sound from the A-52's but definitely it wont make them sing to their fullest potential.  power them with at least a true and clean 100 watts@4ohms/ch power amp so that you will have the headroom to spare when the musical crescendos kick in.  you'd be surprised in what an A52 can do when mated with a big amp.

rony

kamusta na bro?  :) 302's mo ha! next in line ako if ever  ;)
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Jul 14, 2005 at 10:45 AM »
i once drove my Audience 52's with a 40 watt @ 8 ohms amp, sound was ok - but when i switched to a Hafler XL-280, 140 watts per channel... boom! HUGE improvement ;D
money is best spent

Offline Lucky7

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Jul 18, 2005 at 05:48 AM »
Myki,

Tanong lang po. Anong quality ng sound from your Marantz/Rotel combi? Marantz sound ba or Rotel sound?

Thanks

Offline mYKi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Jul 29, 2005 at 09:47 PM »
Marantz warmness but with dynamics and oomph.

I don't know what the Rotel sound is since this is my first Rotel gear.

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Aug 17, 2005 at 12:12 AM »
lets update this thread  :)

the new Contour speakers are now in stock.  They have the new bookshelves and the floorstanding models. I had the chance to listen to the entry level Contour S1.4 bookshelves (SRP Php120T and as always..may less pa daw). It was driven by an all Meridian set up at LIS (CDP, pre, poweramp).  Well...what can I say..the sound was simply outstanding.  Accdng to the staff the speakers were still in break in stage but boy oh boy..ang galing tumunog.  being a Tuesday..konti lang ang walk in so the place was empty. I ended up listening a whole hour to the S1.4/Meridian rig...after 1 hour still no listening fatigue.  was really tempted to take it home and do a home audition but had enough common sense to realize that I will just waste my time because its way too small for the requirement at hand.  ended up getting a different model for home audition which are more than adequate for the job.

too bad the Special 25's was not in stock. Even though it was waaay out of budget, I was really hoping to hear how the Dynaudio 25th anniversary Special 25 sounds like.  The price is astounding for a bookshelf. SRP is Php220T but almost everybody who reviewed the speaker over the net and those who heard it swear that this indeed is a remarkable speaker and is well worth the price.  BTW read from the Dyn website that it carries a freakin' 25 year warranty.  Maybe next month daw magkaroon ng stock.  Hope to audition it soon...hanggang audition lang naman ako dun for sure. well the lotto gives me hope everyweek hehe

BTW here is the new Contour S.14 bookshelf speaker

cheers ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2005 at 12:28 AM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat