Author Topic: Dynaudio Speakers  (Read 128981 times)

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
Re: Dynaudio Speakers
« Reply #570 on: Jul 28, 2019 at 09:04 PM »
To get the best from any Dyne you have to power them adequately, feed them from a clean source and most importantly if you can swing it...have the Dynes perform in a treated room.

Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline moniac108

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #571 on: Aug 02, 2019 at 09:42 PM »
To get the best from any Dyne you have to power them adequately, feed them from a clean source and most importantly if you can swing it...have the Dynes perform in a treated room.

Agree medyo hinay hinay lang sa base kasi yung dating audience 52 SE nag bOttom up when driven by a home theater receiver in a movie with heavy base effect. I replaced it with evoke 20 with deeper driver and large enclosure para resistant sa bottoming up kasi for me i really like the tweeter of dyns hirap idescribe why i loved how it sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Icermad

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #572 on: Aug 03, 2019 at 12:15 PM »
I changed my Tubes from KT88 to EL34 and I like it a lot for my X18 in triode mode which is only 18wpc... I listen to a lot of acoustics and mellow music.. So siguro depende din sa music na pakinggan and maliit lang listening area ko maybe around 8 to 10sqm in a 20sqm bedroom..

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #573 on: Aug 03, 2019 at 01:06 PM »
Agree medyo hinay hinay lang sa base kasi yung dating audience 52 SE nag bOttom up when driven by a home theater receiver in a movie with heavy base effect. I replaced it with evoke 20 with deeper driver and large enclosure para resistant sa bottoming up kasi for me i really like the tweeter of dyns hirap idescribe why i loved how it sounds.

One cannot really expect 52’s to deliver sub 30hz bass signals with authority. Cross it over at 50hz and it will be happy in that range. Agree with the tweeters. Esotec and esotar tweeters are simply intoxicating. Very non fatiguing. I too have a 52 based HT system with 5 other Dyne models (c120 center and 4 - 42’s plus REL) to complete a 7.1 system. I can watch for the entire day without ever being fatigued. Used to own a full THX speaker system and after 1 to 2 movies it seemed like I felt tired listening to it.
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2019 at 01:10 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Icermad

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #574 on: Aug 06, 2019 at 10:21 AM »

NakaLarge ba yung setting mo sir?
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2019 at 10:26 AM by Icermad »

Offline moniac108

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #575 on: Aug 06, 2019 at 10:28 AM »
Do you have pre outs sir sa receiver? If you have, maybe you can considered buying a separate power amp for the front channels?

Actually I bought the legacy Paradigm Studio 20 and Studio C590 as my home theater and bought a separate system of two chanels for evoke 20 i used rotel preamp and separate power amp.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #576 on: Mar 06, 2020 at 04:58 PM »
Looking to get Dyns for a friend who plans to do a full Denon 800NE series component setup (integrated amplifier, network audio player, and CD player): PMA-800NE + DNP-800NE + DCD-800NE.

https://www.audioholics.com/amplifier-reviews/denon-800ne-integrated-amp

Would it be a good idea?  If not, any alternatives you can recommend (Yamaha, perhaps?)?

Offline richardcruz

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #577 on: Apr 21, 2020 at 11:18 AM »
The amp may be underpowered for the Dynes, which need high power to drive them well. My brother had an all-Dyne home theater with a top-end high power Marantz AV amp but had to buy a separate power amp to drive the Dynes.

Offline stevesonk

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • apo ng magniniyog kaya siponin,ang tatay utotin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4527
« Reply #578 on: Apr 21, 2020 at 11:24 AM »
Krell & Dynaudio are match made in heaven, i was told by sir junior of listening in style years ago..
Omega 2
Krell KAV 300i
Marantz CD6004
REGA DAC
HP DV3
Transparent cables
Tara Labs
PSB M4U 2

Offline richardcruz

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #579 on: Apr 21, 2020 at 01:36 PM »
Yes, Krell. But too costly and runs hot. I’ve seen some Krell amps with protruding heat sinks that look like fuel rods of nuclear reactors. More accessible choices would be amps from Musical Fidelity, Rega and even Marantz and Denon; just make sure they are high power amps, like minimum 120 watts into 8ohms, equivalent to double into 4 ohms which is the impedance of Dynaudio speakers. They will still sound good with low power amps but to do them justice, maximize their sound quality and really make them sing, you’ll need high power.

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #580 on: Apr 21, 2020 at 04:10 PM »
Not to generalize that all Dynes are pigs to drive however If you want the speaker to deliver ear bleeding levels of 105db and up then its a must to get a high current amp for the Dyn. You will be happy to know that if driven by a high current quality amp, the Dyn will deliver that SPL without sounding incoherent that is until the mechanical limits of its design are exceeded.

99.9% of the time you will only listen or watch an entire movie at 90 to 95db levels save for those moments when you want to wow your friends with your 115db Audio system dynamics.  Fatigue will certainly set in if one listens to a very loud system for an extended period of time.

Dynes are spec'ed at 86db @ 4ohms meaning you only need 1 watt of stable 4 ohm power to achieve 86db measured at 1 meter from the speaker.  How you listen to it and the room size will dictate if you need further improvement in amplification for the Dyns
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline mousemouse

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #581 on: May 21, 2020 at 09:47 AM »
Hi everyone, I recently got Dynaudio special forties and would like to know more about room treatment. The speakers are in a small 4x4x2.75m square room which has a bed and some tables and cabinets. The room is pretty cramped already so the most I can get the speakers away from the wall is only around 10inches. I find that in some songs the bass is too much and I could already feel some extended vibration from the bass. I was wondering if putting acoustic panels on the wall behind the speakers, in front of the port, would help with making the bass more tight. With the foam inside the rear ports the bass is tamed a lot but I am wondering if acoustic panels would give better results.

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #582 on: May 21, 2020 at 12:01 PM »
Unfortunately, panels will only improve your highs and some of the mids. If blocking the ports is not enough, you will need bass traps to take care of of your room mode, and these are usually big and bulky. A better solution might be to get a DSP and reduce the room modes more effectively.

Offline stevesonk

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #583 on: May 21, 2020 at 12:18 PM »
congrats sir sa dyns..
Omega 2
Krell KAV 300i
Marantz CD6004
REGA DAC
HP DV3
Transparent cables
Tara Labs
PSB M4U 2

Offline mousemouse

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #584 on: May 21, 2020 at 01:11 PM »
Unfortunately, panels will only improve your highs and some of the mids. If blocking the ports is not enough, you will need bass traps to take care of of your room mode, and these are usually big and bulky. A better solution might be to get a DSP and reduce the room modes more effectively.

Are bass traps the things they put on wall corners behind the speakers?  i tried searching for these and am surprised that these are quite big.

I will use the speakers with the port blocked and unblocked for and decide which one I like better. thanks!

Offline mousemouse

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #585 on: May 21, 2020 at 01:13 PM »
congrats sir sa dyns..

Thanks sir! ibang iba yung sound signature ng dynaudio compared sa b&w na gamit ko. Parang mas cohesive at relaxed sounding yung dyns, mas realistic. Although ang layo din naman kasi ng price kasi yung entry level model gamit ko na b&w dati.

Offline stevesonk

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #586 on: May 21, 2020 at 02:12 PM »
Thanks sir! ibang iba yung sound signature ng dynaudio compared sa b&w na gamit ko. Parang mas cohesive at relaxed sounding yung dyns, mas realistic. Although ang layo din naman kasi ng price kasi yung entry level model gamit ko na b&w dati.
at new model pa! special forty..!! ive heard b&w, medyo bright sa pandinig ko, pero nung na audition ko mga dyns, excite,contour,consequence, & evidence model, much refined tunog at punchy tight base..sweet nman ang esotar tweeter, demanding nga lang sa amp, power hungry..  ano sir amp gamit nyo?
Omega 2
Krell KAV 300i
Marantz CD6004
REGA DAC
HP DV3
Transparent cables
Tara Labs
PSB M4U 2

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #587 on: May 21, 2020 at 02:17 PM »
sir, for room acoustics, may i recommend Tony Rodriguez. He is not that active here you can search his name in FB.

Offline mousemouse

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #588 on: May 22, 2020 at 09:36 AM »
at new model pa! special forty..!! ive heard b&w, medyo bright sa pandinig ko, pero nung na audition ko mga dyns, excite,contour,consequence, & evidence model, much refined tunog at punchy tight base..sweet nman ang esotar tweeter, demanding nga lang sa amp, power hungry..  ano sir amp gamit nyo?

Entry level na amp sir, Emotiva TA100 pre amp with A300 power amp. 150w/ch. Hindi ko pa kasi ma test properly itong setup kasi ang liit ng room kung saan naka lagay itong speakers. Kelangan ko ng mas malaking space talaga para malaman

Offline mousemouse

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #589 on: May 22, 2020 at 09:41 AM »
sir, for room acoustics, may i recommend Tony Rodriguez. He is not that active here you can search his name in FB.

hehe, I dont think my room warrants professional treatment. Its a small bedroom and study room all in one and I plan on moving out soon. I saw Tony Rodriquez' facebook page and he does great looking room treatment. thanks!

Offline stevesonk

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #590 on: May 22, 2020 at 09:55 AM »
Entry level na amp sir, Emotiva TA100 pre amp with A300 power amp. 150w/ch. Hindi ko pa kasi ma test properly itong setup kasi ang liit ng room kung saan naka lagay itong speakers. Kelangan ko ng mas malaking space talaga para malaman
if ever you will upgrade the amp, best pair the special forty with the new krell k300i..!! may option din sya ng additional phono & dac..   ^-^
i believe 'audio pursuit', merun dun..  ;)
Omega 2
Krell KAV 300i
Marantz CD6004
REGA DAC
HP DV3
Transparent cables
Tara Labs
PSB M4U 2

Offline mousemouse

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #591 on: May 22, 2020 at 01:21 PM »
if ever you will upgrade the amp, best pair the special forty with the new krell k300i..!! may option din sya ng additional phono & dac..   ^-^
i believe 'audio pursuit', merun dun..  ;)

Wow that amp is 20x the price of my current amp haha. Right now my room is the bottleneck in my system so I will upgrade once I get a bigger listening space. thanks for the suggestion sir

Offline stevesonk

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #592 on: May 22, 2020 at 02:26 PM »
Wow that amp is 20x the price of my current amp haha. Right now my room is the bottleneck in my system so I will upgrade once I get a bigger listening space. thanks for the suggestion sir
kayang-kaya mo un sir...  ;)  or accuphase e-380, match na match sa dyns special forty, sa dac, dcs bartok, powercord ay shunyata, for speaker cables & interconnects transparent ultra gen.5 series..
hayy... audio nirvana..  ^-^
Omega 2
Krell KAV 300i
Marantz CD6004
REGA DAC
HP DV3
Transparent cables
Tara Labs
PSB M4U 2

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #593 on: May 23, 2020 at 07:20 PM »
Special 40s are relatively easy to drive. Only goes minimum 4.9 ohms so most amps should be able to drive it to it's full potential, but of course, amp sound signature a different story.

Offline DOM

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #594 on: May 23, 2020 at 08:00 PM »
sale ang special 40's ngayon
 :) ;) :D ;D

Offline stevesonk

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #595 on: May 23, 2020 at 08:05 PM »
sale ang special 40's ngayon
 :) ;) :D ;D
magkano daw sir..?
Omega 2
Krell KAV 300i
Marantz CD6004
REGA DAC
HP DV3
Transparent cables
Tara Labs
PSB M4U 2

Offline DOM

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #596 on: May 23, 2020 at 08:15 PM »
85,000.00  :) ;) :D ;D
ECQ sale, message sa akin

Offline stevesonk

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #597 on: May 23, 2020 at 08:26 PM »
85,000.00  :) ;) :D ;D
ECQ sale, message sa akin
wow!! almost 50% off..!! audio pursuit ba sir ang name ng shop..?
Omega 2
Krell KAV 300i
Marantz CD6004
REGA DAC
HP DV3
Transparent cables
Tara Labs
PSB M4U 2

Offline DOM

• DVD Addict
  • Liked: