Author Topic: Dynaudio Speakers  (Read 129310 times)

Offline richardcruz

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
Re: Dynaudio Speakers
« Reply #690 on: Aug 23, 2020 at 06:01 PM »
dynaudio contour 1.4 best suited with transparent plus speaker cable (gen.5) 2.5m, if budget permit.. i heard them @ LIS before & sir jr. along w/ mike gamboa told me the combo reveals the true authentic signature sound of the dynes without any colouration as compare to other cables..

ohh, before i forgot, make some room treatment for audible result..  ^-^

Agree. Now, let me go find those Transparent cables again.

Offline stevesonk

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • apo ng magniniyog kaya siponin,ang tatay utotin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4540
« Reply #691 on: Aug 23, 2020 at 06:03 PM »
Agree. Now, let me go find those Transparent cables again.
audiohub ph. merun sir..  i think audio pursuit also..
Omega 2
Krell KAV 300i
Marantz CD6004
REGA DAC
HP DV3
Transparent cables
Tara Labs
PSB M4U 2

Offline richardcruz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #692 on: Aug 23, 2020 at 08:05 PM »
audiohub ph. merun sir..  i think audio pursuit also..
Meron na ako, hindi ko lang maalala saan ko tinago..

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #693 on: Aug 23, 2020 at 09:13 PM »
Transparent itutulak talaga nila JR.  benta eh though its not the end all and be all for Dynaudio's

Dynes are voiced using OCOS.  Internal wires of your Dynaudio's are OCOS brand.  OCOS is developed by Dynaudio. What other brand is better than the one the manufacturer used in tuning the speakers.  OCOS (Optimal Connection System) cables are available in the US via Sumiko (dealer of REL).

Also if you are using Brand X as your cable...the internal speaker cables (speaker terminals to passive xover to driver) and coaxial RCA or balanced cables should be replaced as well with the same brand/series to get best results.  End to end tawag nila dun sa mod na yun. 
Chosuey naman term ng local audiophiles sa system na iba iba brand ng cables from CDP to Pre to Amp to Speakers  ;D .  Nothing wrong with it if the systems delivers the expected results
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2020 at 09:23 PM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #694 on: Aug 24, 2020 at 05:55 AM »
Transparent itutulak talaga nila JR. benta eh

+1
cable are just 5% emphasis on the whole system, buying the expensive ones gives us a huge wealth of emotion although it is just really deceiving us  ;D

these are just my 2cents
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline banesto

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #695 on: Aug 24, 2020 at 10:47 AM »

+1
cable are just 5% emphasis on the whole system, buying the expensive ones gives us a huge wealth of emotion although it is just really deceiving us  ;D

these are just my 2cents
Correct

Offline banesto

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #696 on: Aug 24, 2020 at 10:54 AM »
Transparent itutulak talaga nila JR.  benta eh though its not the end all and be all for Dynaudio's

Dynes are voiced using OCOS.  Internal wires of your Dynaudio's are OCOS brand.  OCOS is developed by Dynaudio. What other brand is better than the one the manufacturer used in tuning the speakers.  OCOS (Optimal Connection System) cables are available in the US via Sumiko (dealer of REL).

Also if you are using Brand X as your cable...the internal speaker cables (speaker terminals to passive xover to driver) and coaxial RCA or balanced cables should be replaced as well with the same brand/series to get best results.  End to end tawag nila dun sa mod na yun. 
Chosuey naman term ng local audiophiles sa system na iba iba brand ng cables from CDP to Pre to Amp to Speakers  ;D .  Nothing wrong with it if the systems delivers the expected results
Yes bro Hector tama ka.

Offline MrDeckard

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #697 on: Aug 24, 2020 at 11:05 AM »

Thank you. Where can you find these OCOS? Cant seem to locate them anywhere.

Offline MrDeckard

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #698 on: Aug 24, 2020 at 11:08 AM »

+1

these are just my 2cents

Agree with this.  But at the same time, I have had experience that cables  matter when already have the main items down pat. Matching cables with systems need not be expensive.

What would you recommend ?

Offline MrDeckard

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #699 on: Aug 24, 2020 at 11:12 AM »
To give an idea of my system:

Contour s1.4 le (a dyna known to be darker than the rest.)
Rel T7 Sub
Hegel H190 (this is a new one; having shifted from a Plinius SA 300.  I like the hegel better by lot).
Cambrigde  CXN
Cables -- QED SA Silver / Mogami

The room is semi treated with sound deadening panels.

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #700 on: Aug 24, 2020 at 11:16 AM »

Can I get the link for this info? According to Stereophile, Van den Hul was used for Special 40. Also, didn't they close down in 2011?

https://www.stereophile.com/content/dynaudio-special-forty-loudspeaker
"The Special Forty's internal wiring of OFC copper is sourced from van den Hul, and electrical connection is via a single pair of high-quality binding posts below the port."

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #701 on: Aug 24, 2020 at 11:38 AM »
Hi Alvin,

I dont have a link to it but I sent an email back in 2010 to Dynaudio asking for the same thing....what is their recommendation for cabling Dynes.  I usually get recommendations from the manufacturer instead of Forums. By doing so I get it from the guys that really know the product.  I wasnt expecting an answer but surprisingly  they replied. They didn't point out a brand for me to buy but instead they gave a very diplomatic answer: "any properly designed cable with low resistance will do" but they specifically mentioned that they use an inexpensive brand which is OCOS in tuning and cabling the speakers internally.  Owediah was asking for the optimal cabling of his A42 which is a model that is around that production period.  Madaming members ng Audiogon are still loyal to OCOS cables.

Add to that there no technological break through or advancements in Cables. Been the same for the last 20 years.  No need to go with the Jonases on whats new for 2021 for cables. Same thing yan...same material...just wrapped up in a new sleeve and given flowery reviews by sponsored writers.

For VDH you need to go all the way otherwise the result is hit and miss. I went end to end with VDH back in 2011 (CPD, Pre, Amp and speaker cables).  Mawawala yung extreme bite ng High Freq while the bass and mid will be more pronounced.  Thats was the result with Classe.  YMMV though
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #702 on: Aug 24, 2020 at 11:46 AM »
To give an idea of my system:

Contour s1.4 le (a dyna known to be darker than the rest.)
Rel T7 Sub
Hegel H190 (this is a new one; having shifted from a Plinius SA 300.  I like the hegel better by lot).
Cambrigde  CXN
Cables -- QED SA Silver / Mogami

The room is semi treated with sound deadening panels.

MrDeckard

I have a spare set of VDH Shot Gun Revelations speaker cables that are spade lug terminated on both ends. Not selling them but I can lend it to you, Paglaruan mo muna and see if you like the outcome.  Have it picked up and return it once you are done.  Wala pa yung new amp ko so naka tambak lang dito.

Yan din set up ko before. Contour + REL with VDH all the way.   
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2020 at 11:47 AM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 796
« Reply #703 on: Aug 24, 2020 at 12:07 PM »
Mga master,

What speaker cable would you recommend to nuetralize the warmish Contour s1.4 .le? Am currently using a QED XT  Silver Anniversary. Wondering if there's a a better alternative.  Using a hegel h190 Amp.

TIA.

You can try Chord EpicX available at Architectural Audio.

https://chord.co.uk/product/epic-speaker-cable/
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #704 on: Aug 24, 2020 at 04:31 PM »
Hi Alvin,

I dont have a link to it but I sent an email back in 2010 to Dynaudio asking for the same thing....what is their recommendation for cabling Dynes.  I usually get recommendations from the manufacturer instead of Forums. By doing so I get it from the guys that really know the product.  I wasnt expecting an answer but surprisingly  they replied. They didn't point out a brand for me to buy but instead they gave a very diplomatic answer: "any properly designed cable with low resistance will do" but they specifically mentioned that they use an inexpensive brand which is OCOS in tuning and cabling the speakers internally.  Owediah was asking for the optimal cabling of his A42 which is a model that is around that production period.  Madaming members ng Audiogon are still loyal to OCOS cables.

Add to that there no technological break through or advancements in Cables. Been the same for the last 20 years.  No need to go with the Jonases on whats new for 2021 for cables. Same thing yan...same material...just wrapped up in a new sleeve and given flowery reviews by sponsored writers.

For VDH you need to go all the way otherwise the result is hit and miss. I went end to end with VDH back in 2011 (CPD, Pre, Amp and speaker cables).  Mawawala yung extreme bite ng High Freq while the bass and mid will be more pronounced.  Thats was the result with Classe.  YMMV though

No problem with old cables (with the exception of oxidation of cu ), just really interested on internal wirings of speakers and amps... e.g. higher end models of Totem use pure silver, but surprisingly, they went with platinum plated WBT binding posts instead of silver. Anyway, problem with OCOS is that its not readily available anymore.

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #705 on: Aug 24, 2020 at 06:01 PM »

Agree with this.  But at the same time, I have had experience that cables  matter when already have the main items down pat. Matching cables with systems need not be expensive.

What would you recommend ?

I never tried DYNS but I have SONUS FABER Signums w/c is also very hard to drive, cables linking them to the amps are VDH "The Wind" (from J.R. also  ;D , a mere 27yrs ago to be exact), they're old kinds but in pure silver, brings out the punch & adds a lightness to the warm side. As for the warmth you want to tame, silver internal cables usually does the job for that than the copper ones. I'm not familiar w/ the QED XT  Silver Anniversary if they have pure silver internals I think it would have done the job already.

The Transparent Cable they are recommending would also help probably coz they have those network boxes w/c contains a network of small coils & resistors circuity to smooth out the SQ. The best way is to test trial & error but that's if they allow to lend their speaker cable or maybe bring the speakers to the desired store.

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #706 on: Aug 24, 2020 at 07:41 PM »
No problem with old cables (with the exception of oxidation of cu ), just really interested on internal wirings of speakers and amps... e.g. higher end models of Totem use pure silver, but surprisingly, they went with platinum plated WBT binding posts instead of silver. Anyway, problem with OCOS is that its not readily available anymore.

Indeed they are elusive already, kahit sa Audiogon when one is put up for sale it gets snapped up really fast.

Iba iba naman application ng users sa cables. Some just replace the main speakers cable and notice a change while on the other hand there are a few who are really hard core and replace the internal speakers cabling as well.  Their school of thought is that replacing the cable from amp to speaker will net a change but not absolute since the internal speaker wires are mismatched already.  Medyo invasive lang yung application na yun since it requires that the speaker is disassembled and rewired. Some even go the whole hog by replacing all solder points with  "audiophile grade" solder wire

Iba ibang level ng kahibangan so to speak  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2020 at 03:36 AM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #707 on: Aug 24, 2020 at 07:46 PM »
I never tried DYNS but I have SONUS FABER Signums w/c is also very hard to drive, cables linking them to the amps are VDH "The Wind" (from J.R. also  ;D , a mere 27yrs ago to be exact), they're old kinds but in pure silver, brings out the punch & adds a lightness to the warm side. As for the warmth you want to tame, silver internal cables usually does the job for that than the copper ones. I'm not familiar w/ the QED XT  Silver Anniversary if they have pure silver internals I think it would have done the job already.

The Transparent Cable they are recommending would also help probably coz they have those network boxes w/c contains a network of small coils & resistors circuity to smooth out the SQ. The best way is to test trial & error but that's if they allow to lend their speaker cable or maybe bring the speakers to the desired store.

My VDH set came from the man himself as well....JR Pecauco.  Yun lang it isnt silver but Hybrid carbon.  Yung bagong labas nila Carbon Nano Tube material na. Zero metal in its construction.  It probably costs as much as a car and the brochure will probably state that "you will hear angels singing in your listening room"  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2020 at 07:48 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #708 on: Aug 24, 2020 at 08:21 PM »

My VDH set came from the man himself as well....JR Pecauco.  Yun lang it isnt silver but Hybrid carbon.  Yung bagong labas nila Carbon Nano Tube material na. Zero metal in its construction.  It probably costs as much as a car and the brochure will probably state that "you will hear angels singing in your listening room"  ;D

Probably more like we as the Audience will have more Confidence  :)

Offline drhiredgun

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • res ipsa loquitur! ...57 guns and counting...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #709 on: Sep 12, 2020 at 08:02 PM »
Need advice from the gurus. For 2.0 stereo listening, Dynaudio Audience 42 or 62? Salamat po.
Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retard

Offline t-bone

• Trade Count: (+243)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 594
« Reply #710 on: Sep 13, 2020 at 02:19 AM »

Sayang nung Typhoon Ondoy, the flood in Marikina destroyed a warehouse full of Dynaudios ni JR. Millions washed away...
Samsung 65"
Denon 3808
Apogee speakers

Offline richardcruz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #711 on: Sep 13, 2020 at 07:55 AM »
For 2.0 stereo listening, the Audience 42 will give a purer, better integrated sound. The 62 being a floorstander, has bass boom.

Offline drhiredgun

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #712 on: Sep 13, 2020 at 11:01 AM »
Salamat po, sir. Any mid-range speaker system that you could suggest that would have a satisfying base for rock music without the need for a subwoofer?
Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retard

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #713 on: Sep 13, 2020 at 12:33 PM »
Salamat po, sir. Any mid-range speaker system that you could suggest that would have a satisfying base for rock music without the need for a subwoofer?

How big is the room? enclosed or open type? target amp that you will use?

Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline stevesonk

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • apo ng magniniyog kaya siponin,ang tatay utotin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4540
« Reply #714 on: Sep 13, 2020 at 12:34 PM »
confidence 30 na yan..  ^-^
Omega 2
Krell KAV 300i
Marantz CD6004
REGA DAC
HP DV3
Transparent cables
Tara Labs
PSB M4U 2

Offline drhiredgun

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #715 on: Sep 13, 2020 at 01:38 PM »
How big is the room? enclosed or open type? target amp that you will use?

About 24 sqm, 7 feet po ata ceiling. Amps: most likely 125watts per channel Proceed, alternative Cyrus or NAD 326. I want po sana speakers with satisfying base for some rock genre para no need for subwoofer. I actually like the Zensor 3 (and surpisingly the Klipsch RP150 is also ok), pero at times I want more brute. I still have some Audio Nirvana 10 Classic drivers to be assembled, but I don't know if they will do. Salamat po

Offline drhiredgun

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #716 on: Sep 13, 2020 at 01:39 PM »
...ooops. Addendum: close type

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #717 on: Sep 13, 2020 at 01:47 PM »
get the 52's if bookshelf or a more modern equivalent with the same size in the Dyne range. The 42's are small in that room and might not fill it with the bass that you are looking for.  Try the Proceed amp with it since uber high current yan.  Pwede ka pa nga mag floorstand eh but not the behemoths ng Dynes since it will over power the room with bass.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline drhiredgun

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #718 on: Sep 13, 2020 at 02:10 PM »
Salamat po. Would hunt for some 52's. Also thinking of Q acoustics 3050i. Mukhang ok naman po review. If budget permits, would love to scratch the Dyne itch. Salamat po uli.

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #719 on: Sep 13, 2020 at 02:21 PM »
did not have the opportunity to own a Q acoustics speakers yet so I cant compare it with a Dyne but from experience...an A52 sounds like a floorstander.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat