Author Topic: Dynaudio Speakers  (Read 129089 times)

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dynaudio Speakers
« Reply #90 on: Oct 21, 2004 at 10:07 PM »

sure thing bro. text ka lang pag nasa area ka. pag naayos yung isa naming set up yun papadinig ko sa iyo. Yes the Dynes that I got was from Mr. Ben Santos. He gave it to me at a very good price with stands to boot.

Thanks! I'll take you up on that ;D

hehe...cant blame you bro. for keeps talaga itong mga speakers na ito. If they only came out with 8 ohm/90db variants e di everybody happy O0

sigh... cant have it all... :(
money is best spent

Offline mYKi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Oct 22, 2004 at 06:33 AM »
Pwede ba ako magpa-imbita diyan?  :)  I've heard so many nice things about Dynaudio and Classe combinations and I certainly would like to listen to what some forums rave about.

Synchro, sobrang good deal ka doon sa A50. Congrats on your purchase.

Thanks! I'll take you up on that ;D

sigh... cant have it all... :(

Offline synchro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • when in doubt...go hybrid!
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Oct 22, 2004 at 09:04 AM »
Pwede ba ako magpa-imbita diyan?  :)  I've heard so many nice things about Dynaudio and Classe combinations and I certainly would like to listen to what some forums rave about.

Synchro, sobrang good deal ka doon sa A50. Congrats on your purchase.

Hi myki.  sige bro. it seems that tayong 3 lang ni ice ang andito sa thread na ito..sana dumami pa mga Dynaudio fans.   PM me your contact numbers and lets see if our schedules jive para makakuha din ako ng different opinion sa present set up ko. 

yup Mr. Ben santos gave me an early Christmas gift  ;D

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Oct 26, 2004 at 08:57 AM »
A BIT OF TRIVIA: What did BBC, the British media mogul, choose as its official monitor speaker for all its new recording studios?

Wharfedale?  One of the first British-made speakers in history. Pwede....
B&W?  Probably the most popular British-made speakers. Malamang!
Spendor?  The BBC's British-made speaker for a very, very loooooong time. Pwede rin!
Monitor Audio?  Another fine British-made speaker.

The ANSWER:  Dynaudio!

Usually the Brits promote or endorse their own... but not this time.  :)

Read the full article here:  http://www.audiocourses.com/article540.html

Offline synchro

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Oct 26, 2004 at 04:25 PM »
mYKi

maybe because BBC knows for a fact that Dynaudio can kick the living crap out of those brands and send them to kingdom come to boot hehehe....peace y'all j/k ;D

BTW...il get my hands on a pair of Contour bookshelves this coming weekend.  let you know how the A50's stack up against their bigger and better brothers.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Oct 26, 2004 at 04:32 PM »
A BIT OF TRIVIA: What did BBC, the British media mogul, choose as its official monitor speaker for all its new recording studios?

Wharfedale?  One of the first British-made speakers in history. Pwede....
B&W?  Probably the most popular British-made speakers. Malamang!
Spendor?  The BBC's British-made speaker for a very, very loooooong time. Pwede rin!
Monitor Audio?  Another fine British-made speaker.

The ANSWER:  Dynaudio!

Usually the Brits promote or endorse their own... but not this time.  :)

Read the full article here:  http://www.audiocourses.com/article540.html

Is this AIR series available locally? 

Malaking sales promo nagagawa nito for Dynaudio.  ;D

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Oct 27, 2004 at 03:31 PM »
The AIR and BM series are studio monitors and is designed for near-field use. Yung pang audio-recording room kung baga. It's not really for home use.

For home use, doon papasok ang Audience, Contour, etc.

But the technology used is basically the same.

Is this AIR series available locally? 

Malaking sales promo nagagawa nito for Dynaudio.  ;D

Offline nephilim

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Collector
  • PureSound Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Oct 28, 2004 at 05:03 PM »
synchro, myki, iceman,

Guys, you aren't the only three active in the thread. :)  I do check up once in a while.  Not as religous in logging on to pinoyDVD kasi.  ;)
PureSound Inc.

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Oct 29, 2004 at 09:50 AM »
Hi nephilim! Nakikita rin kita sa ibang US forums pero n3philim diba?  :)

By the way, I compiled a list of Dynaudio reviews (yung mga entry-level bookshelves lang) when I was contemplating on switching from B&W. I posted it in a new thread so the others can appreciate it. The link is here: http://www.pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=29993.0

If you have other Dynaudio reviews, PM them to me so I can add it to the list.

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Oct 29, 2004 at 10:01 AM »
By the way,

I just got my Analysis Plus Oval One's yesterday kila Mike. 1 pair lang kinuha ko since yung ibang pairs nila eh slightly used looking. They also have a pre-owned one pero mas gusto ko sana kung sealed and new. Mike told me that I could just buy sa Audio Fair sa Nov. 7 para brand new ang makuha ko. I don't know why but I get a kick out of smelling new gear. Unang ginawa ko is to smell the cables! hahahaha

It was actually my 8th wedding anniversary yesterday as well. So yung cables, regalo ko sa sarili ko, and I had to get my wife a gift as well para hindi mag-selos.  :)

Ayun! I'm really happy with the way things sound now. Wala pa akong CD player pero I think I can live without one for quite some time. Unless I could get a NAD C542 in silver, then malamang kukunin ko na kaagad iyon.

I can certainly say, that this is the best my system has sounded since I started in this hobby 3 years ago.

Offline synchro

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Oct 29, 2004 at 11:13 AM »
nephilim

uy madami din naman pala tayo dito na mga Dyn fans.  Do you still have the Contour 1.8's?  if yes how do you rate their performance after using them long term?

mYKi

I also noticed that Dynes are very "maselan" sa interconnects and speaker cable.  Am currently using Van Den Hul interconnects and Van Den Hul Clearwater speaker cables foe my A50's. been contemplating on changing the speaker cables this Christmas since they are kinda old already and have small traces of oxidation na. 
BTW Happy Anniversary dude  ;D

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Oct 29, 2004 at 01:49 PM »
I also noticed that Dynes are very "maselan" sa interconnects and speaker cable.  Am currently using Van Den Hul interconnects and Van Den Hul Clearwater speaker cables foe my A50's. been contemplating on changing the speaker cables this Christmas since they are kinda old already and have small traces of oxidation na. 
BTW Happy Anniversary dude  ;D

Yes. I agree. I guess it's because these speakers are very revealing. With my previous speakers, I tried various interconnects and speaker cables and I didn't notice much difference when changing. With the Dyns, you can really squeeze out the juice using different tweaks.

I suggest you visit Toyz for the Big Boyz and do a home audition on their AP cables. They have pre-owned ones that Mike is selling cheaply. Comment ko lang is if you are finicky and you want sealed cables, eh malamang some of there cables have been used already by auditioners like us.  :)

Tnx for the greetings!

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Oct 29, 2004 at 02:02 PM »
It was actually my 8th wedding anniversary yesterday as well. So yung cables, regalo ko sa sarili ko, and I had to get my wife a gift as well para hindi mag-selos. :)

Ahhh... one of the hidden costs of the Audio hobby ;D ;D

Happy Anniversary Dude! :)
money is best spent

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Oct 29, 2004 at 02:17 PM »
Literally a HIDDEN cost.  ;D  Cables are those things you want out of sight in your set-up.  Whether cheap or exotic. 

Offline nephilim

• Collector
  • PureSound Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Oct 29, 2004 at 02:25 PM »
myki, yup that's me.  BTW, happy anniversary.

synchro, I still do have the 1.8s.  I am more than happy with these speakers so I have no plans of changing them anytime soon.  Rate them?  Uhhhh 5 starts?  ;D  I'm actually also auditioning a pair of 1.1s right now.  Sonic signature of the 1.1s are similar to the 1.8s.  Of course not as good though.  Looking at these bookshelves, they don't really look like mini-monitors, especially after seeing the depth of the box.  

I'm currently using the Audience cables I got from The Archi Aud guys.  I've heard the AP cables as well on a Contour S3.4 and they also kicked a*s.  I fell in love with the Audience cable after auditioning them though.  In my opinion, they are a bit on the analytical side, in an inconspicuous kind of way.  Just the way I like my music (for now at least).  
PureSound Inc.

Offline synchro

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Oct 29, 2004 at 04:04 PM »
mYKi and nephilim

Thanks for the tips re: cables. I might drop by their shop (AA and Toyz) when I have the budget for it na.  Most probably by Christmas time na yun hehe.  BTW im on the lookout for a pair Audience 40 and Audience center na second hand.  baka may alam kayo na tama ang price let me know. 

Offline nephilim

• Collector
  • PureSound Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Oct 29, 2004 at 04:21 PM »
synchro,

Will do.  Have a good weekend guys.  Happy Halloween!
PureSound Inc.

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Oct 30, 2004 at 07:43 AM »
mYKi and nephilim

Thanks for the tips re: cables. I might drop by their shop (AA and Toyz) when I have the budget for it na.  Most probably by Christmas time na yun hehe.  BTW im on the lookout for a pair Audience 40 and Audience center na second hand.  baka may alam kayo na tama ang price let me know. 

Xinesyss has a black Audience 42 that he is selling for P17k. I saw it and it is in good condition. I also saw someone selling an Audience 42C (black) at the Buy & Sell section.

Offline synchro

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Nov 05, 2004 at 10:30 PM »
mYKi

bro are you using your Dynes for HT? if yes may I know what center channel are you using?  BTW bro shielded ba yung Audience 42?  thanks

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Nov 06, 2004 at 07:55 AM »
mYKi
bro are you using your Dynes for HT? if yes may I know what center channel are you using?  BTW bro shielded ba yung Audience 42?  thanks

Yes. I only have 1 system for HT and Audio kasi. I'm using the Audience 42C as center and it's on top of my TV. I think only the 42C is shielded. My previous B&W LCR60S3 was a lot bigger and heavier than the 42C but the sound of the latter is much better. The sound is more coherent (or integrated) and is fuller.

Siguro you're thinking of getting the used Audience 42 and use it as your Center and Center Surround noh?  :)

Offline synchro

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Nov 06, 2004 at 12:53 PM »
Siguro you're thinking of getting the used Audience 42 and use it as your Center and Center Surround noh?  :)

you read my mind bro  ;).  Using an A42 as a center channel yes, but no for the rear center set up since im quite satisfied with my 5.1 system and i feel that given the size of my room the benefits of a rear center would be minimal at best.  I am presently using the A50's in my stereo set up. I myself am using a B&W center right now and im kinda tinkering with the idea to go for the whole Audience system in my HT system.   if funds will allow I would like sana to use a pair of A42's for the surround and another pair of A42's for the center wired to present an 8 ohm load to my power amp.  Minnie (listening room) gave me quote of Php21.5T for the A42C (less 10 and less 10 pa daw kasi sale) which will amount to a price thats kinda near to the price of a pair of used A42's.  It might not be aesthetically pleasing to the eyes but im  thinking that the performance of a pair of A42's as center would far surpass the performance of a single A42C both in terms of dynamics and bass capability.   il just have to get a custom built center stand to accomodate the pair and situate it under the monitor.   what do you think bro? any suggestions?

pahabol...just tested my A50's and it seems shielded sya. I hope the A42's are shielded also.
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2004 at 01:11 PM by synchro »

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Nov 07, 2004 at 10:33 AM »
Hehe. My suggestion would be to

1) Splurge and get the 122C as center
2) Mag-ipon ka muna
3) Then get audience 42 for surrounds. I'm sure baka makakuha ka pa ng second hand Audience 40 na mura.

I'm not sure how two 42s will sound for the center. There is a chance that the sound will not seem coherent. This is the reason why center speakers usually have 1 tweeter only. Two tweeters will seem to make the sound come from 2 sources.

Only the 42C, 122C, and 122 are shielded according to my magazine buyer's guide.

Bakit ang mura ng price ngayon? I bought my Audience 42 mga P31k yata. I know mas mura kung vinyl pero by around 10% lang dapat. Are you sure about your price?

you read my mind bro  ;).  Using an A42 as a center channel yes, but no for the rear center set up since im quite satisfied with my 5.1 system and i feel that given the size of my room the benefits of a rear center would be minimal at best.  I am presently using the A50's in my stereo set up. I myself am using a B&W center right now and im kinda tinkering with the idea to go for the whole Audience system in my HT system.   if funds will allow I would like sana to use a pair of A42's for the surround and another pair of A42's for the center wired to present an 8 ohm load to my power amp.  Minnie (listening room) gave me quote of Php21.5T for the A42C (less 10 and less 10 pa daw kasi sale) which will amount to a price thats kinda near to the price of a pair of used A42's.  It might not be aesthetically pleasing to the eyes but im  thinking that the performance of a pair of A42's as center would far surpass the performance of a single A42C both in terms of dynamics and bass capability.   il just have to get a custom built center stand to accomodate the pair and situate it under the monitor.   what do you think bro? any suggestions?

pahabol...just tested my A50's and it seems shielded sya. I hope the A42's are shielded also.

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Nov 07, 2004 at 10:38 AM »
By the way, did you guys see the Globe Star Wars Trilogy promo? I saw it at Inquirer today and you can win a Plasma Home Theater system.... and the speakers that will be with it are Dynaudio Audience 72s, 42C, 42W for surrounds, and a Dynaudio subwoofer as well!

Now that is what I call a good promo!!!

Kakainis eh Smart na ako ngayon.  :)

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Nov 07, 2004 at 10:58 AM »
i e-mailed dynaudio before asking if i can use a 42 for a center channel, and the CS rep said yes - the only difference was that the 42c has the port in front for easier placement...

get the 42 now, then transfer them to surrounds when you get a center (or another pair of 42's) :)
money is best spent

Offline synchro

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Nov 07, 2004 at 03:19 PM »

Bakit ang mura ng price ngayon? I bought my Audience 42 mga P31k yata. I know mas mura kung vinyl pero by around 10% lang dapat. Are you sure about your price?

mYKi
The quote that I got from Minnie was for an Audience 42C center...not for an A42 bookshelf. Sale daw sila kaya ganun plus laki ng discount namin sa kanila since long time customer na kami sa shop ni JR.   dude the 122C is kinda overkill for my needs (and my budget too  :().   Bahala na bro. update ko na lang kayo kung ano naging decision ko.  center or surround? hmm....hirap talaga ng maliit ang budget hehe.

Vince
bro thanks for the suggestion and additional info re: A42.   baka nga ganun ang route ko. (a42 first then a42C next).

Offline muscleboy

• Collector
  • Pinoy Canadian :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Nov 07, 2004 at 04:14 PM »
You guys in the Philippines are lucky.  Believe it or not, Dynaudio speakers here in Toronto are worth 3x as much.  That's the reason why I brought mine here (A60, A40, C120) even if I have to pay for the shipping, otherwise I could never afford it here.

;D  xXx
Yamaha | Paradigm | SVS | Pioneer Elite | PS3 | Apple Tv | Panasonic | EluneVision | Primacoustic

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 08:12 AM »
Hehehe. Ok lang iyon. Eh 3x din naman mas malaki ang sweldo mo kaysa sa amin.  ;D

By the way, did anyone go to the Audio Fair at Mandarin Hotel? I was truly amazed at the Dynaudio Confidence C4. Pinapalakpakan yung speakers ng mga watchers. Grabe! Kaso P600,000 lang naman isang pair!!!  :o

Oh well, ok na sa aking na paminsan-minsan, nakakarining ako ng mga ganoon.

You guys in the Philippines are lucky.  Believe it or not, Dynaudio speakers here in Toronto are worth 3x as much.  That's the reason why I brought mine here (A60, A40, C120) even if I have to pay for the shipping, otherwise I could never afford it here.

;D  xXx

Offline synchro

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 11:58 PM »
mYKi

heard that model sing out loud in LIS Shang....its like hearing the angels sing  8).  I refused to listen to it again coz I know when I get home my puny Audience speakers will suddenly sound like crap to my ears.
BTW got the A42C na.  I hope Santa gives me a pair of A42's for my rears... ::)

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Nov 09, 2004 at 06:31 AM »
mYKi

heard that model sing out loud in LIS Shang....its like hearing the angels sing  8).  I refused to listen to it again coz I know when I get home my puny Audience speakers will suddenly sound like crap to my ears.
BTW got the A42C na.  I hope Santa gives me a pair of A42's for my rears... ::)

That's funny. When I got home... feeling ko hindi malayo ang tunog ng Audience ko.    ;D

Pero tip lang pare.... I stopped believing in Santa when I was in high school. So don't get your hopes up too high if you don't get it through him.  :)

Congrats on your A42C. If you plan to put it on top of your TV, I recommend angling the speaker towards the listening position. I use door stops and it works fine.

Offline MeowPao

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Nov 13, 2004 at 03:53 PM »

Haaay, now they come up with pure wood instead of vinyl only....waahh! I should have waited! :P

Guys, how much again for the 42c that's vinyl covered? Thanks! :)

Anyone inquired about the new Dyne Subwoofers?
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2004 at 03:55 PM by MeowPao »