Author Topic: NEXTBASE DVD  (Read 244835 times)

Offline vendvd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NEXTBASE DVD
« Reply #1620 on: Sep 14, 2004 at 07:18 AM »
If you can get an NB without defect, you can still consider it a good buy but then NB is quite overpriced (starts at P3,200 and up) compared to many other good brands.  Skyworth, Minami (or Miyata?), Rongxin, VMS and Nova are other brands you can consider.  OK sana yung Extreme pero after six months many units (confirmed by one store owner sa Raon Shopping Center) had to be serviced because it can no longer read some discs and other problems developed.

Offline synapse

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1621 on: Sep 18, 2004 at 06:01 PM »
Mga Bossing tulong naman o... May Nextbase ako, last year ko pa nabili mga April of 2003, Nextbase 9000 ata ang model. Naitapon ng utol ko yung remote control. Out of warranty na yung player obviously, san kaya ako makakabili ng remote for this one?  ??? ??? ???

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #1622 on: Sep 18, 2004 at 08:02 PM »
sa techpoint in binondo. sila ang distributor.  i think around 800 bucks.

browse through thread for address. or look for your warranty card. or look for a sticker sa unit baka may address / telephone din doon
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2004 at 08:03 PM by vojdiaz »

Offline vendvd

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1623 on: Sep 21, 2004 at 07:49 AM »
Maraming generic replacement DVD remotes available ngayon sa Raon and they only cost 75 pesos - puede raw sa Nextbase accdg. to one seller at puede ibalik kung hindi daw gumana sa dvd player mo.

Offline rap6170

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1624 on: Oct 04, 2004 at 07:59 AM »
good day to all,

i just got my dvd 9000-315 remote & player problem fixed by myself.

after all of the searching i made of a replacement remote and initially looking for a replacement of my good old NB.....but guess what....

i have just discovered that the problem is not with the remote but with the remote receiver on hte player. it just so happen that i have a promace vcd player and tried pointing the nb remote to it, the remote functions but not all..what i did yesterday is that i dismantled my NB and my promac. first i take off the 3 leg remote receiver from my NB and replace it with the one i have taken from promac vcd. after soldering it...i was very happy....my NB was already good as new....then i assemble everything again including the promac vcd player. it was in deed a very succesful experience for me...at last i have my NB running again....by the way the promac vcd still funtions without the remote receiver chip anyway all functions in the remote of the promace are just found on the front panel......

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1625 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 12:21 AM »
Guys, im planning to buy this nextbase, i'll be using it to play vcd's and cd's. ok naman ba siya sa music? ilang bit ba ang audio DAC niya?

Offline mccoy

• DVD Addict
  • HEY. HO. LET'S GO.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #1626 on: Oct 11, 2004 at 01:51 AM »
Guys, im planning to buy this nextbase, i'll be using it to play vcd's and cd's. ok naman ba siya sa music? ilang bit ba ang audio DAC niya?

from my experience [i have a nextbase S200 HTIB], nextbase players are not very compatible with audio and video cd's.  lagi sya nag-i-skip and marami audio glitches. pero kung DVD-AUDIO ang play mo, no problem.

the problem was due to the slim design of the nextbase, madali sya mag-overheat kaya ganun ang playback ng audio and video cd's...  pero kung mapilit ka at gusto mo pa rin ng nextbase  ;D
ganito gawin mo:

buy an auxillary fan and put it on top of your nextbase para di sya mag-init.  works like a charm!

: AYUZ!  >:(
LAKAD PILIPINAS: Explore the Philippines & Beyond

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1627 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 08:27 AM »
Hi guys,

I have a question about the component video output of Nextbase -- actually, the component video output of all sources. I noticed that for the past week, whenever I play DVDs reddish na yung tint nya. I've tried fixing it through my tv's remote but still no improvement. And I don't think it's the TV's tube that's the problem because colors are just right when I watch TV. Today, I decided to investigate -- I tried removing to alternatively remove each component plug from the TV and I discovered that if I remove the Green plug, instead of getting a clear image (of course with the wrong colors) the TV image starts going haywire, this does not happen if I remove the Red or Blue plug.

I did the same experiment by removing the plugs ON my nextbase alternatively and the same thing happened.

My question is this: is the problem with my NExtbase or with the component input of my TV?

Offline vircor

• Collector
  • So many things to do, so little time...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1628 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 10:54 AM »
I'm not an expert in here but this might help find the problem, try another player to see if the same thing happens and if not then it's the player's RGB out but if it is then there's something wrong with the tv's RGB input or the tv's incompatible in handling various types of RGB signals. One good alternative to RGB is to use the S-video for it offers excellent video quality, only slightly less than RGB.  :)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1629 on: Oct 13, 2004 at 01:46 AM »
I'm not an expert in here but this might help find the problem, try another player to see if the same thing happens and if not then it's the player's RGB out but if it is then there's something wrong with the tv's RGB input or the tv's incompatible in handling various types of RGB signals. One good alternative to RGB is to use the S-video for it offers excellent video quality, only slightly less than RGB.  :)

I tried S-video again awhile ago but although it offered a slightly better picture, the reddish tint was still there. I never encountered this a few weeks ago. Lately lang sya lumabas. Personally, i'd prefer that its my player that has a problem and not my tv. Mas mahirap magpaayos ng tv e, hehe.

Offline vircor

• Collector
  • So many things to do, so little time...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1630 on: Oct 14, 2004 at 03:51 PM »
Hehe, oo nga naman. Baka covered pa naman warranty player mo? If you can, try to bring it at techpoint or where you purchased it to have it checked. How about the composite connection? If you have other sources (vhs, vcd, videocam) try those if the pics is still reddish then it might be the tv, even if broadcast signals are good maybe the problem is somewhere within the video input.

Offline p.dividdy2

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Galit Na Si Manoy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1631 on: Oct 15, 2004 at 03:45 AM »
indie boi,

hindi ba may picture adjustment (contrast settings) sa nextbase unit itself..?
check out the setup menu...
PinoyBazaar - Shop Easy!
http://pinoybazaar.forumotion.com

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1632 on: Oct 15, 2004 at 06:15 AM »
Hehe, oo nga naman. Baka covered pa naman warranty player mo? If you can, try to bring it at techpoint or where you purchased it to have it checked. How about the composite connection? If you have other sources (vhs, vcd, videocam) try those if the pics is still reddish then it might be the tv, even if broadcast signals are good maybe the problem is somewhere within the video input.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I access cable signals through an old VHS player. Since my TV's tuner has limited channels that's what I did -- and the picture's pretty good. It's connected to one of the composite connections.

Pdividdy, walang contrast adjustment yung Nextbase ko because what I have is the old champagne model of Nextbase -- the first model that was made available here. I"ll try to play a dvd on my PS2 and I'll post my observations here.

Thanks for all your help!

Offline napalmdog

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1633 on: Oct 15, 2004 at 02:26 PM »

i have the slim 783 model and ok pang audio cds. the cds that were skipping on my samsung vcd players doesnt skip there. same goes for vcds and dvds. dont know the bitrate but i can say okay naman sound nya. im using a bandpass 2.1 sub system

Offline dabondoc

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1634 on: Oct 23, 2004 at 08:52 AM »
what is good about nextbase?? i purchased the 785 slim type last august this year sa sm north. after a wk nag papause and skip na sya kahit original dvd's. since its still under warranty pina check ko sa sm north (techpoint ang nag repair). after getting the unit back ok na sya ulit. pero after a wk or so balik uli sa dati. kahit mp3 nag papause and skip. what's wrong with this unit? or brand? i bought it at p3,999.00 ...

Offline mccoy

• DVD Addict
  • HEY. HO. LET'S GO.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1635 on: Oct 23, 2004 at 03:09 PM »
what is good about nextbase?? i purchased the 785 slim type last august this year sa sm north. after a wk nag papause and skip na sya kahit original dvd's. since its still under warranty pina check ko sa sm north (techpoint ang nag repair). after getting the unit back ok na sya ulit. pero after a wk or so balik uli sa dati. kahit mp3 nag papause and skip. what's wrong with this unit? or brand? i bought it at p3,999.00 ...

have it replaced with a brand new one. malamang sira talaga yung unit na nabigay sayo...

Offline jmigs

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1636 on: Oct 24, 2004 at 06:08 PM »

from my experience [i have a nextbase S200 HTIB], nextbase players are not very compatible with audio and video cd's.  lagi sya nag-i-skip and marami audio glitches. pero kung DVD-AUDIO ang play mo, no problem.

the problem was due to the slim design of the nextbase, madali sya mag-overheat kaya ganun ang playback ng audio and video cd's...  pero kung mapilit ka at gusto mo pa rin ng nextbase  ;D
ganito gawin mo:

buy an auxillary fan and put it on top of your nextbase para di sya mag-init.  works like a charm!

: AYUZ!  >:(

DVD-audio? really? Popular talaga nextbase kahit sa ibang international threads alam 'to

Offline mccoy

• DVD Addict
  • HEY. HO. LET'S GO.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1637 on: Oct 24, 2004 at 08:00 PM »
yep, you can play the ordinary DVD-AUDIO resolution on any dvd player.  pero you cant play the 48khz/24bit resolution on any dvd player unless specified sa specs nun na it can play higher res cd's...

sad to say di supported ng nextbase yung mga higher resolution discs...
pero ok na rin for the 5.1mix!  :)

Offline lecha

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1638 on: Oct 29, 2004 at 09:55 PM »
Guys!

i just recently bought a next base 785 and still enjoying it on its third week of viewing.... im proud to say that don't any problem on it! Except that on its early days of viewing, I did observed that the bright blue pilot "light" near the power switch kept on blingking....and blinking  irregularly....just like what you see in your computer hard disk read/write led status bliks when it your hdisk is working.  But now, it don't see it blinking anymore, its always steady lighting na!...so is this  normal to new 785 players? Does anybody had this expierienced too...?

And by the way... I've connected it into a Next Base HM050 AC3/5.1 HTIB speakers.... Sounds Great!!!

Offline p.dividdy2

• Collector
  • Galit Na Si Manoy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1639 on: Nov 07, 2004 at 03:39 AM »
lx..

that pilot light should always be on..

not to scare you but 785s are known to be buggy..

new 786s out... looks like 785 but with optical out & speakers on top of unit, same price too...
and the bright pilot light is gone!...

replaced by a bigger light sa lenght ng disc tray ahahaha!
PinoyBazaar - Shop Easy!
http://pinoybazaar.forumotion.com

Offline lecha

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1640 on: Nov 07, 2004 at 04:01 PM »
p.dividdy2,

Just after i've  posted that prob.... my dvd pilot lights kept blinking again.... i think its just a loose connection i guess! ....any way still got the warranty. So i guess i've to get it to the service center for a check...

Thanks for the reply bro! 8)

Offline groucho

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1641 on: Nov 18, 2004 at 08:52 AM »
Maraming generic replacement DVD remotes available ngayon sa Raon and they only cost 75 pesos - puede raw sa Nextbase accdg. to one seller at puede ibalik kung hindi daw gumana sa dvd player mo.

I have a genuine 7-in-1 Sony remote.  Nanghihinayan naman ako kung bibili pa ako ng isa pang remote para sa NB DVD player ko.  I use the remote for my Sony TV and my Yamaha receiver, and on rare occasions, on my Philips VHS player.  I would really like to use it for my NB player, but I do not know what code to key in to be able to program it for the NB.  Would anybody know what code I should use?  The literature that comes with the remote does not include Nextbase in its list of brands that are compatible with the gadget.

Hope somebody can help.

Offline ghie508

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1642 on: Nov 19, 2004 at 02:40 PM »
Hi guys,

Did anyone of you encountered this? Whenever I use my nextbase dvd player with my sony tv black n white yung color nya.Of course properly set naman sa remote pero black n white pa rin sya. I tried my player with other tv ok its colored.But I already tried other dvd player with my tv colored naman yung output what seem to be the problem?my tv or my nextbase.
Just encountered this problem nung nasira yung tv ko all of a sudden nag-off sya then di na ma-on totally no power.Then after bringing to sony service center ok na sya colored naman yung output.Binalik ko uli sa sony service wala naman sila mahanap na defect kc colored naman fron other video player.I've brought my nb at techpoint they say nothing is wrong with my player.
Can anyone of u guyz help me with this. Is there an issue of compatibility here whereas both is working properly before? :-[

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1643 on: Nov 19, 2004 at 02:46 PM »
set the video system as the same as the TV system.
Since we are in the philippines, set to NTSC.

Offline vincedenbu

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1644 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 07:34 AM »
hay sa wakas, sa hinaba-haba din ng pagbabasa.....nakabili din ako ng NB-785 kahapon, tineting ko kaagad pagdating sa bahay.....nood DVD, salang ng mp3, RW saka ROM, sana magandang klase yung nabili ko sa Ambassador, Park Place, 3,700 with 1 yr warranty.

Offline aszamora

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Guru
  • En Taro Adun
  • Liked:
« Reply #1645 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 08:42 AM »

My NB-900 seems to have a problem reading MGM DVDs. I have 3 James Bond DVDs that I bought from the current sale and all them experience frequent 1 to 2 second pauses. Sa ibang titles nagpapause din minsan pero madalas sa MGM. I hope this is just a case with MGM titles. Their discs may not be that compatible with Next Base. I bought the player a little more than a year ago.

Offline kilobytes

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
NEXTBASE DVD PLAYER
« Reply #1646 on: Sep 12, 2005 at 11:56 PM »
Hi po im new here just want to ask kung how much po ba ang NEXTBASE DVD Player sa raon malaki po ba ang diff ng price sa mall kasi yung sa mall ay 3500 3750 at 4000 pesos sa raon po kya magkano thanx all...

Offline macks75

• Collector
  • hey
  • Liked:
« Reply #1647 on: Sep 30, 2005 at 08:38 AM »
around 3th to 3,100 sa raon

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1648 on: Oct 16, 2005 at 09:52 PM »
anong nextbase model ang divx capable player?

Offline ardy_g

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1649 on: Oct 23, 2005 at 11:45 AM »
anong nextbase model ang divx capable player?

Nextbase SDV17-SD
Nextbase SDV185-SD
Nextbase SDV285-SD
Nextbase SDV77-BD
Nextbase SDV97-BDI

all of this models are divx certified for other brands you may want to check this site

http://www.divx.com/hardware/certified/products.php