Author Topic: Wedding Crashers R3  (Read 1001 times)

Offline ranran

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wedding Crashers R3
« on: Sep 22, 2006 at 05:51 PM »

Php 299 (WARNING: C-Interactive Releases):

Wedding Crashers

i just saw this release last night at Astro-Podium and i must say C-Interactive has improved on the packaging and i like the fact that this is WS.  :D

i have a few questions though - is this DVD 9? how is the PQ of this release?  ::)
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2006 at 05:56 PM by ranran »

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Wedding Crashers R3
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2006 at 03:18 AM »
Wedding Crashers

i just saw this release last night at Astro-Podium and i must say C-Interactive has improved on the packaging and i like the fact that this is WS.  :D

i have a few questions though - is this DVD 9? how is the PQ of this release?  ::)

Wedding Crashers
R3 C Interactive
Php 299

The DVD case art is nice, as most C Interactive releases do.  A one page flyer is inside, also seems to be standard on C Interactive releases.

DVD5 - 4.36GB (According to Windows).  Disc by Asiatec as most (all?) C Interactive do.  The disc art is inferior, with uneven paint job.  The shiny side shows some inconsistencies.  But it played just fine on my DVD player, your mileage may vary depending on player.

The case says Rated R, but the DVD itself is the 'Uncorked' Unrated widescreen version which features both the theatrical version and the unrated version which is 8 1/2 minutes longer.  Seemless branching probably, or it would be hard to fit both movies on a DVD5 disc without major deterioration in picture quality.  Featurettes are similar to R1 version. 

PQ and Audio seems fine, although my 20" TV is not a good setup to judge PQ.  On PC, the movie is still fine, with sharp details and all.  I haven't seen the R1 version nor am I an expert on PQ and I have an inferior TV setup.  But personally, I am satisfied with the sharpness of the movie.  Again, your mileage may vary if you have a 32" or 40" 16x9 Television.

At 299, it looks like a decent buy.  This is not one of those super blockbuster where picture quality will matters as special effect will just look better.  As long as it doesn't skip on your player, I think you will feel it's value-for-money.  But if it does, you might be cursing C Interactive for it.  Oh well....
« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2006 at 03:22 AM by techdude »
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline ranran

• DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
Wedding Crashers R3
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2006 at 05:50 PM »
excellent review sir techdude, you sure are living up to your handle.  ;)

i wouldn't worry too much also since i don't even have a superior setup let alone a 27" TV.  i think i'll get me a copy of this on friday... see you all at the Podium!  ;D

Offline ranran

• DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
Re: Wedding Crashers R3
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2006 at 08:16 PM »
i got a copy today (my very first C-Interactive DVD) and i'm glad to say that this copy doesn't disappoint (except for the case)!
for all the features includes in this disc especially the "Rules for Wedding Crashing", this DVD is a great buy - only P237.5 (Astro-Podium sold it for P250 and gave extra 5% off for cash purchase)  ;D

i sure hope C-Interactive keeps up this improvement.  ;)