Author Topic: C-Interactive Releases: How many do you own/comments?  (Read 33111 times)

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: R3 Fullscreen DVDs - P299
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2005 at 06:19 PM »
Nope. According to Warner, the R6 (China) DVDs are barebones releases. Rather than sell those locally, I think they're trying to convince their head office to allow them to permanently lower prices of R3 DVDs.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: R3 C-Interactive DVDs at Php 299
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2005 at 01:22 AM »
For a review of the quality of one of these titles, click here.
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2005 at 11:23 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2005 at 08:16 AM »
If the studios are going to start producing barebones releases to compete with the pirates, they should seriously consider using the DVD-9 format so as not to compromise picture quality, availability of multiple audio tracks, and the overall quality of the packaging. For P199 to P250 a pop, I wouldn't mind losing the extras.

The problem with many of these locally manufactured DVDs is that they are in fact, ripped from other Region versions, processed using  some 1-click transcoder like DVD Shrink, then mass-produced on DVD-5 discs. Sound familiar? Hence the feel of a pirated disc sans the Region 1 copyright warnings. Heck everybody who has a DVD writer eventually learns how to rip discs -- so it's pointless to sell these to people who're aware of their... uh, "backup" options.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005 at 09:42 AM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: Jun 11, 2005 at 08:57 PM »
>:( grr!

I recently saw the DVD's released by C-Interactive (Van Helsing, The Notebook, Love Actually, The Chronicles of Riddick) at Tower Records today...

And what can I say? My god! Daig pa ng p* discs yung cover! Nakakainis! The top of the DVD says "Original DVD with Full Features" Naku naman! If your buying from a legit store that condomes piracy, why place a banner indicating that the DVD is original? Don't think people are confident or smart enough to know that the DVD is original?!?!?!?

And.... THE ONE THING I HATE... is.... FULLSCREEN lahat ng copies nila! Argh! Did they not think that ALMOST all people prefer widescreen over fullscreen... (I think for some that is the main why they buy DVD's in the first place...)

I hope they read this...para naman they'll realize kung gaano kabaduy ang covers nila!, because on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give thier services a pitiful .5!!!

Offline doughn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • sleepyhead
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #34 on: Jun 11, 2005 at 09:25 PM »
i bought the van helsing and riddick each for P299.

at first, wow cheap... what a great buy. upon paying to the cashier of astro glorietta , ive talked with a fellow buyer who also own the same titles and convince me to buy it coz its fullscreen (although i prefer widescreeN) also told me with full freatures.  so silly me also bought both titles.

when i got home . i tried to play both titles on my primary player a region-free pioneer 733a dvd player but both dvd's WONT PLAY >:(

then i tried it on my second dvd player MINTEK (ONLY REGION 1)  it played ok but u can notice the grains and pixelization (what a riff -off >:()

from now on i wont but any titles made by c-interactive

hope this helps
7.2.4 system
Focal
Marantz
Epson
SVS
Elitescreen
Velodyne
Xbox1S
Nvidia
Berkline
Logitech
QED
Kimb

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jun 22, 2005 at 07:27 PM »
;D ;D ;D

hope they improve the packaging and picture quality so the P299 would really be better than the fake ones.  ;)

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jun 22, 2005 at 09:18 PM »
I think I already said this in another topic.  Don't buy dvd's from C-interactive.  I'm sure it will give a HELL of a day.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jun 30, 2005 at 04:51 PM »
At the insistence of my kid, I bought the Resident Evil: Apocalypse at P299.  The lone disc has both Widescreen and Fullscreen versions.

Offline syoti

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: C-Interactive's 299 DVDs
« Reply #38 on: Jul 22, 2005 at 05:53 PM »
does anyone recommend buying C-interactive's own release of the LORD OF THE RINGS na region 3 2 disc edition. ok b un quality like the region 1 releases aside from the cover? kasi 375 lang siya except for the region 1 ROTK..? tanxx..

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jul 22, 2005 at 06:50 PM »
ok lng yung disc quality, pero the cover is "YAK!" kasi blurred ang pgka-print. pero kung yung movie lang habol mo, go for it, wala naman pinagkaiba sa R1 release.   ;)

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Oct 18, 2005 at 10:12 AM »
Ok, so here is the deal, im feeling a little cheesy and i'd like to watch A Walk to Remember, Hows the disc quality and all. To those who have. thanks.  ;D

Oh, and may insert ba ito? to think na 199 lang. Kasi po ung R1 is in snapcase as it was released by Warner.

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Oct 18, 2005 at 10:19 AM »
Ok, so here is the deal, im feeling a little cheesy and i'd like to watch A Walk to Remember, Hows the disc quality and all. To those who have. thanks.  ;D

Oh, and may insert ba ito? to think na 199 lang. Kasi po ung R1 is in snapcase as it was released by Warner.

I recently bought this for the wife, PQ & AQ are good, it has insert, case is almost the size of snappers, haven't tried the special features. 
good deal na for P199
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Oct 18, 2005 at 10:21 AM »
I recently bought this for the wife, PQ & AQ are good, it has insert, case is almost the size of snappers, haven't tried the special features. 
good deal na for P199

Coolness, Sir Dowals. Ive read nga from your other posts that you recently purchased A Walk.

Insert... great. One more thing sir, what does the insert contain? Chapter index? thanks again.

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Oct 18, 2005 at 10:31 AM »
Coolness, Sir Dowals. Ive read nga from your other posts that you recently purchased A Walk.

Insert... great. One more thing sir, what does the insert contain? Chapter index? thanks again.

one pager insert, i think chapter index, have to check tonight   :)

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Oct 18, 2005 at 10:35 AM »
thank you for your speedy response. Will consider this DVD next time i drop by a video store.  ;D

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Oct 18, 2005 at 10:41 AM »
thank you for your speedy response. Will consider this DVD next time i drop by a video store.  ;D

no problem dude, anytime  ;)

Offline dennislazo

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: C Interactive Sale ?
« Reply #46 on: Nov 25, 2005 at 11:21 PM »
i got the family man maybe four/five months ago...the DVD is already undergoing rot.

i borrowed a walk to remember.  won't even play properly.

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Nov 26, 2005 at 12:55 PM »
Just wanna post a Q for everyone: (dunno if these has been posted elsewhere)

Do you guys consider these two C-Interactive DVDs as good buys:
  • The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Rings  [Widescreen] - 2 discs - 4.35GB + 4.35GB - Region 1 - PhP 375
  • The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers  [Widescreen] - 2 discs - 4.35GB + 4.35GB - Region 1 - PhP 375

Just bought these two titles last night, together with 6 other titles.  Dito lang sa 2 ito ako parang di ako gaanong satisfied... anyways, it must be me.

Offline 2ngaw

• Collector
  • Baguhang Kolektor
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Nov 26, 2005 at 11:06 PM »
I bought Sky Captain from C-Interactive. I was rushing kaya di ko napansin na C-Interactive pala ito, reading the threads about the company, talagang bad rep. Anyway, when I opened it, I was surprised to see that they cut part of the plastic cover and pasted "1" over the 2-disc Edition. I wouldn't mind having just one disc but still having all the Special Features in it, but damaging the cover is just plain absurd. Sobra silang tamad na di man lang nila inalis na lang muna ung labels sa covers then pate the damn "1" paper correction! And they covered it with the SALE P299 sticker! Kaasar!
I find your lack of clothes disturbing...

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Nov 27, 2005 at 06:38 AM »
moral of the story is don't touch a c-interactve title with a 10 ft pole.  i was actually thinking of getting the resident evil dvd dahil 299 but after all the things i have heard about this company, i am glad i did not.  sabagay i was unlucky enough to get ahold of a few of their titles on vcd and to say the quality was bad is an
understatement.  kung vcd nga e niyari nila, what more the dvds...

Offline dulber32

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Nov 27, 2005 at 07:24 PM »
I just got Van Helsing FS.
Worked well on the PC. I better play it on the HT and see how it goes.
The cover looks alright except for the wrinkle in the plastic.
It's the smoothest the sales people can find. I was also contemplating getting Cradle of Life - Tomb Raider
but the quality of the packaging really is a turn-off.

Offline dulber32

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Nov 27, 2005 at 09:45 PM »
moral of the story is don't touch a c-interactve title with a 10 ft pole.  i was actually thinking of getting the resident evil dvd dahil 299 but after all the things i have heard about this company, i am glad i did not.  sabagay i was unlucky enough to get ahold of a few of their titles on vcd and to say the quality was bad is an
understatement.  kung vcd nga e niyari nila, what more the dvds...

Just watched Van Helsing on the HT. Never touch a C-Interactive title period!!!
The movie didn't even finish! And there were plenty of pauses in the last chapters before it finally conked out!
I'm returning my copy and choosing a different title from another maker.

Offline dennislazo

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 05:20 PM »
Just wanna post a Q for everyone: (dunno if these has been posted elsewhere)

Do you guys consider these two C-Interactive DVDs as good buys:
  • The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Rings  [Widescreen] - 2 discs - 4.35GB + 4.35GB - Region 1 - PhP 375
  • The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers  [Widescreen] - 2 discs - 4.35GB + 4.35GB - Region 1 - PhP 375

Just bought these two titles last night, together with 6 other titles.  Dito lang sa 2 ito ako parang di ako gaanong satisfied... anyways, it must be me.

got those last two lord of the rings titles.  they were okay with me, actually. (pero panalo ka pa rin.  i got mine for 1200 each.)

however, i really don't think that these two are c interactive titles.  can't see any logo of theirs anywhere plus they are region 1.  i'll check my discs later when i get home if they are dvd5 as you have posted.

on the other hand, if you are a lord of the rings fan, the extended version is a better choice.  the only catch is the price.

Offline viperkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 02:19 AM »
Any C-Interactive DVD isn't even worth my 2 centavos literary well except for the LOTR which they distributed R1 copies. Their dvd are crappy which stands for the C.  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2005 at 02:21 AM by viperkid »

Offline xeqtionr

• Collector
  • ALL your BASE are BELONG to US...
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Dec 12, 2005 at 07:25 PM »
moral of the story is don't touch a c-interactve title with a 10 ft pole.... kung vcd nga e niyari nila, what more the dvds...

You are so right about that...! Nakabili nga ang mga kamag-anak ko ng LOTR FellowShip & 2 Towers on VCD format. The Fellowship copy was really bad. (skips & pauses, skips & pauses) I rented a VCD copy of Insomnia released by C-Interactive, and I was furious as hell by the way it skipped and paused while it was playing on my VCD player.

C-Interactive...

The Video to "C"*

*Curse...!
Screws fall off everytime. The world is an imperfect place...

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 12:21 AM »
Actually C stands for cheap.

Cheap-Interactive!

Offline JanMike

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 01:47 PM »
So, pwede na ba itong class lawsuit?! Hehe!

Offline F16 fighter

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 02:53 PM »
Just talked with Ghelo crapapay, a marketing assistant at C-Interactive Philippines, he said that he will take all of our complaints to his boss and they will try to check out the thread.  Hope something good comes out of this.

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 03:14 PM »
got those last two lord of the rings titles.  they were okay with me, actually. (pero panalo ka pa rin.  i got mine for 1200 each.)

however, i really don't think that these two are c interactive titles.  can't see any logo of theirs anywhere plus they are region 1.  i'll check my discs later when i get home if they are dvd5 as you have posted.

on the other hand, if you are a lord of the rings fan, the extended version is a better choice.  the only catch is the price.

As far as i know, the recent LOTR 1 & 2 (2-disc versions) were released by C-interactive, both disc are dvd5, cover & case are crappy.

Offline viper_mla

• Collector
  • Now a devoted Original DVD addict!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 04:06 PM »
  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(    I really hope that Ghelo will read this thread, because if what Sir Dowals is TRUE, then I will demand for a refund of my LOTR 1&2.  C-Interactive is CHEATERS-INTERACTIVE!!!!!  Imagine ginawang 2-disc pero parehong DVD5?  Kapwa Filipino NILOLOKO ng CHEATERS-INTERACTIVE!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( 
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2005 at 04:08 PM by viper_mla »
Original and good quality DVDs need not be expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!