Author Topic: Paypal Philippines  (Read 42555 times)

Offline coffeetiger

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Paypal Philippines
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2009 at 09:02 PM »
^ and some ebay sellers only ship to verified paypal addresses.  but they usually specify this in their item description. however, it is best to email the seller first.

I want to figure out first how to solve the shipping address because he only accepts Paypal. Do you think it's different for every site? But the thing is you input the address on Paypal not on the seller's site, so I figure the problem is on Paypal and not on the store. 

regarding the shipping address... usually, the ebay seller will ship it to the address you specified at ebay, not the one you entered in paypal.  So what you do is you enter your JAC address at ebay and make it your default shipping address.  Upon payment/checkout, just choose paypal and that's it. :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009 at 09:06 PM by coffeetiger »

Offline jayps

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • "was blind, but now I see..."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2009 at 09:52 PM »
In my experience, it's on the seller's site where I input the shipping address. On the payment part, I just choose Paypal. I login and confirm payment and that's it. I've also used it on ebay and it works the same way. I don't know if they changed the process, but that was just last month when I used their service.
It's been a while since I used Ebay but I think you're right. They do provide their own shipping address template separate from the Paypal address. But I've never tried it using a US shipping address. Have you tried it with a US shipping address? Thanks!

regarding the shipping address... usually, the ebay seller will ship it to the address you specified at ebay, not the one you entered in paypal.  So what you do is you enter your JAC address at ebay and make it your default shipping address.  Upon payment/checkout, just choose paypal and that's it.

Thank you, I'll do that. I'll just inform the seller to use the Ebay address and disregard the Paypal address.

But I still want to know how to change the Paypal default country setting in the shipping address for future transactions just to avoid any confusion. So if anyone here figure it out, just keep us posted. Thanks! :)

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2009 at 10:09 PM »
But I still want to know how to change the Paypal default country setting in the shipping address for future transactions just to avoid any confusion. So if anyone here figure it out, just keep us posted. Thanks! :)

Default country setting will always be Philippines if you chose Philippines as your country when you registered.  If you want a U.S. address, you'd have to register under paypal U.S.  Problem is... your credit card should also be a U.S. issue.  :-\

I too am registered under Philippines using my local address and i've never had problems using paypal when shopping online.  :)  If I want my items shipped to JAC, I just enter it on the merchant's website upon checkout.  With regards to ebay, I make JAC my default address before buying or bidding.  :)

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #93 on: Jun 11, 2009 at 02:36 PM »
has anybody tried to withdraw money from paypal?  dami kasi nagtatanong tungkol sa credit card purchase.
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline escy77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Jun 16, 2009 at 04:38 PM »
How can I send money thru paypal using my Philippine peso savings account? I only saw add funds using US bank account. I do not have a credit card. I have a $500 limit in my paypal account. Can I use it to send money? Will they automatically debit my Phil savings account? Thanks

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Aug 03, 2009 at 07:38 AM »
has anybody tried to withdraw money from paypal?  dami kasi nagtatanong tungkol sa credit card purchase.
I withdrew money from my paypal to my BPI savings account once and got charged P50 (under P7k kasi).  What I did was add a bank account (my account - profile - add bank acct).  Then, the 'withdraw funds to your bank account' option appeared under withdraw funds.  That's it, I clicked on that option and entered the amount to transfer.  The transfer took about 3 days if I remember correctly...

How can I send money thru paypal using my Philippine peso savings account? I only saw add funds using US bank account. I do not have a credit card. I have a $500 limit in my paypal account. Can I use it to send money? Will they automatically debit my Phil savings account? Thanks

I don't think you can do this sir.  Not with paypal philippines.  You'll need a credit card to purchase stuff.

You can, however, receive money/paypal payment from other users and withdraw/transfer it to your peso savings account.
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2009 at 07:41 AM by coffeetiger »

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #96 on: Aug 04, 2009 at 06:32 AM »
I withdrew money from my paypal to my BPI savings account once and got charged P50 (under P7k kasi).  What I did was add a bank account (my account - profile - add bank acct).  Then, the 'withdraw funds to your bank account' option appeared under withdraw funds.  That's it, I clicked on that option and entered the amount to transfer.  The transfer took about 3 days if I remember correctly...

I don't think you can do this sir.  Not with paypal philippines.  You'll need a credit card to purchase stuff.

You can, however, receive money/paypal payment from other users and withdraw/transfer it to your peso savings account.

thank you sir coffeetiger,  i have also tried this already (and with BPI too).  it was more than 7k so there was no charge, but it did take a few days to a week.   :)
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Aug 04, 2009 at 06:19 PM »
What banks can you withdraw to? Pwede ba to BDO or BPI lang? Do they have a list? Thanks!

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Aug 04, 2009 at 11:40 PM »
What banks can you withdraw to? Pwede ba to BDO or BPI lang? Do they have a list? Thanks!

yes, you can withdraw to BDO as well.  Check out the Complete List of Paypal Bank Codes in the Philippines.

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 11:42 PM »
Is it possible to send money(in dollars) to a relative in the US with a paypal account also free of charge?

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 02:40 PM »
Is it possible to send money(in dollars) to a relative in the US with a paypal account also free of charge?

far as i know, sending and receiving money within the U.S. using your paypal balance is free, but not if you send/receive money from another country.  :(

Offline TOY 01

• Trade Count: (+323)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #101 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 03:19 PM »

Sir alam ko meron charges sa paypal pag kinuha na nila yun pera na pinadala mo so kung $100 yun papadala mo hindi niya makukuha lahat yun meron charge na babawas.
Allan 0917-8975003 (Please indicate username)

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 05:17 PM »
On the link below kasi it states that when sending money it's "Free when the money comes from PayPal balance or bank account"

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_display-fees-outside

And since you can link your paypal account to your local bank, baka pwede transfer of funds, free?  ???

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 05:34 PM »
^  yes it's free within the U.S. and if it's from your paypal balance. 

International fund transfers or payment will incur fees.

Check out this link

Offline TOY 01

• Trade Count: (+323)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #104 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 05:40 PM »
^  yes it's free within the U.S. and if it's from your paypal balance. 

International fund transfers or payment will incur fees.

Check out this link
+1 tapos pag checkout using paypal mas mataas yun conversion Nila ng dollar to peso..
Allan 0917-8975003 (Please indicate username)

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #105 on: Aug 19, 2009 at 11:59 PM »
i got a dumb question for a newbie... i have a paypal account now and I think I've linked my credit card (citibank visa) to it... but how can i make a payment for a purchase with a US based online merchant?

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #106 on: Aug 20, 2009 at 05:16 AM »
@ jackryan - When you check out, most of the US merchants have a PayPal link or will ask you if you want to pay via CC or PayPal. When you select PayPal it will direct you to the PayPal website and ask you to log in. Then most of the merchants information will be there and all you need to input will be your info (amount, CC to use etc). Submit and then you are good to go.

I think there is a 4% charge when you send money to PayPal (PH to US or within US). Some sellers in another forum always ask for a 4% charge on top of the amount that they are selling to cover the PayPal charge when they withdraw their cash.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Aug 20, 2009 at 09:35 AM »
i got a dumb question for a newbie... i have a paypal account now and I think I've linked my credit card (citibank visa) to it... but how can i make a payment for a purchase with a US based online merchant?

Usually if the site is designed properly enough, you will be guided through a process of purchasing the item along with paying for it via PayPal.

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #108 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 09:37 AM »
@ jackryan - When you check out, most of the US merchants have a PayPal link or will ask you if you want to pay via CC or PayPal. When you select PayPal it will direct you to the PayPal website and ask you to log in. Then most of the merchants information will be there and all you need to input will be your info (amount, CC to use etc). Submit and then you are good to go.

I think there is a 4% charge when you send money to PayPal (PH to US or within US). Some sellers in another forum always ask for a 4% charge on top of the amount that they are selling to cover the PayPal charge when they withdraw their cash.

Thanks bro... I managed to resolve it by speaking online with the US Paypal support person and also my credit card company rep. Apparently, since my first transaction was significant at US$ 1.5k, I had to break it down to 3 smaller chunks of Paypal transactions.

The credit card company approved it the first time around but Paypal security engine thought it was too much of a risk for a first time transaction so they revoked it. Anyway, I am now regularly using it and so far so good!

Cheers,

Jackryan

Offline roryheadmav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 02:30 PM »
Okay, hard to admit that all this talk about Paypal is flying over my head. I don't own a credit card so I can't apply for a Paypal account, although I do have a BPI Savings Account. Question is would anyone happen to know of a company or service that offers Paypal assistance to folks like me who wants to purchase stuff on Ebay but can't do so because I don't have an account? Nanggigigil ako sa mga comic book back issues na hindi ko mabili because I don't have Paypal.

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 02:46 PM »
^ umm... before when paypal was not yet available locally.. I used bidpay and xoom.com money transfers when purchasing from ebay.  Though, only several sellers or merchants accept payment methods other than paypal, kaya limited lang yung sellers na pwede ko bilhan.  You can still try though... send the seller a message first asking him if he is willing to accept other methods of payment like xoom.com and bidpay.  You can also try sending money or check in an envelope, although, this method is pretty risky.  What I did before was, I sent $20 payment hidden inside an envelop and sent it via EMS (which cost me about P200+ to send) para at least pwede ma-track and within 5 days nasa seller na yung payment.  ;D

You may also try moneybookers.com, though I haven't tried this yet... just check it out.   :)

Goodluck!  :)
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2009 at 10:12 PM by coffeetiger »

Offline jupacabra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Nov 19, 2009 at 12:32 PM »
Okay, hard to admit that all this talk about Paypal is flying over my head. I don't own a credit card so I can't apply for a Paypal account, although I do have a BPI Savings Account. Question is would anyone happen to know of a company or service that offers Paypal assistance to folks like me who wants to purchase stuff on Ebay but can't do so because I don't have an account? Nanggigigil ako sa mga comic book back issues na hindi ko mabili because I don't have Paypal.

why not try to get Paypal from Unionbank? As far as I know sila ang official na Bank here in the Philippines na recognized ng Paypal.

Well I do not have a credit card pero I can use Paypal easily, since yung EON Card ng Unionbank is a Debit card that functions like a credit card. Just link it with your Paypal and that's it!

Yun nga lang, unlike Credit Card, kelangan may laman na pera yung EON Card mo to be able to purchase something online seamlessly.

For other details try mo na lang magvisit sa Unionbank Site. http://www.unionbankph.com

Offline ciconneguy

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Collector
  • Movies and music make me happy. :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Jul 23, 2010 at 12:08 PM »
hello. when buying stuff at ebay us and uk and occasionally selling some stuff, what account should one open at paypal? is it personal or premier?

can one link a bdo shopmore mastercard with paypal?

for those who just got issued a new paypal account, can they already buy items at ebay and use paypal right away for payment? or does one need to have paypal points when paying someone at ebay through paypal?

how safe is paypal philippines from hackers? does paypal or ebay offer protection from buyers and sellers online using paypal?

and regarding shipping, someone told me that residents from quezon city do not directly receive their purchased packages from abroad. one has to go to the post office where the shipped items are taxed heavily. is this true? if a buyer requests the seller at ebay for fedex as courier, will thethe package tbe sent directly o his home? will the item be taxed heavily too?

hope someone replies. i really need help. thanks po. :)

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2010 at 12:16 PM by cicconeguy »
It's time for the good times. Forget about the bad times. :)

Offline reeves24

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • "LUCK is when preparations meets opportunity."
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Jul 23, 2010 at 03:46 PM »
hello. when buying stuff at ebay us and uk and occasionally selling some stuff, what account should one open at paypal? is it personal or premier?

I'm using personal if purchasing from ebay and other online retailers.  Premier if you plan to sell too.

can one link a bdo shopmore mastercard with paypal?

Yes, I'm using one.

for those who just got issued a new paypal account, can they already buy items at ebay and use paypal right away for payment? or does one need to have paypal points when paying someone at ebay through paypal?

When you enroll at Paypal they will give you an access code (or something).  You can use that access code for verification upon enrollment.  After verification, you can already use Paypal as long as you have money in your credit card that is linked to your Paypal account.

how safe is paypal philippines from hackers? does paypal or ebay offer protection from buyers and sellers online using paypal?

Paypal is safe and hack free.  Ebay offer protection from ebay transactions only.

and regarding shipping, someone told me that residents from quezon city do not directly receive their purchased packages from abroad. one has to go to the post office where the shipped items are taxed heavily. is this true? if a buyer requests the seller at ebay for fedex as courier, will thethe package tbe sent directly o his home? will the item be taxed heavily too?

It depends, if you buy from ebay.ph (Philippines-based) you can ask the seller to use Fedex, etc. you will not be taxed and the item will be delivered to your specified address.  For ebay.com (Foreign-based), in U.S. they usually use USPS and alike and the shipping cost is VERY COSTLY.  If I may suggest, you may use a courier provider like JAC, Pobox.ph and others.

hope someone replies. i really need help. thanks po. :)

Hope this helps. Godbless.

Offline ciconneguy

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Collector
  • Movies and music make me happy. :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Jul 24, 2010 at 12:09 AM »
It's time for the good times. Forget about the bad times. :)

Offline @nk71

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Collector
  • :o)
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Sep 04, 2010 at 04:13 PM »
Just a question, ask ko lang how can i use my US dollar balance to pay a seller in Euro currency...

Need help...coz I wanna use the fund sana to para hindi ko na i withdraw sya...

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Sep 04, 2010 at 04:28 PM »
Just a question, ask ko lang how can i use my US dollar balance to pay a seller in Euro currency...

Need help...coz I wanna use the fund sana to para hindi ko na i withdraw sya...

Go to Send Money - enter email addy of the seller - enter the amount then in the drop down box choose euro as currency.  If there is an available paypal balance in your account, automatic yun ang default payment method and automatic din yun na ico-convert ng paypal to euros.

HTH.   :)

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #117 on: Jun 25, 2011 at 09:08 AM »
Sorry to revive this thread but I am in the process of opening my Paypal account.  ;D

I don't have a credit card, but was advised that I should just get a Unionbank Eon card for Paypal purposes.

Is this the best way to go about it?

I only have a regular savings account with BDO and PS Bank, other than that, I am completely off the grid.  :-[

Thanks!

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #118 on: Jun 25, 2011 at 07:12 PM »
I now finish registering at Paypal but need to verify my account.

I don't have a credit card so is Unionbank's Eon the best and fastest way for me to go?

Offline obelix

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Jun 25, 2011 at 07:18 PM »
you should at least get one form of credit card... comes in very handy in emergency situations