Author Topic: Superman Returns R3  (Read 22097 times)

Offline clea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi-dilly-ho-dilly, neighboreenos.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Superman Returns R3
« Reply #30 on: Oct 28, 2006 at 08:13 AM »
I'm not sure I get this. Hehe. So it' won't be like V for Vendetta DE?

Thanks for the heads up anyways.  ;D

Yup, it won't be like V for Vendetta DE. It'll just be normal DVD case with the comic just shrinkwrapped along with the case, there will be no slipcase.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Toy Launch
Megamall A May30

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #31 on: Oct 28, 2006 at 08:30 AM »
frootloops, I've forwarded your concern to Randy.  I'm pretty sure he (or a member of his team) is already looking into this.

Superman, just click on the banner below which is linked to the reservation page. When the item becomes available, the system will send e-mail to remind you place your order.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline randyv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Oct 28, 2006 at 10:16 AM »
Hi Firewired,

What seems to be the problem here? I was trying to reserve but I got this message.

The email address already exists. If you are the owner of the email address and you have concerns, please advise us by emailing us at [email protected]

Medyo OT to answer here but opportune just as well since you raised it here.  ;D 

This type of error arises when a registrant misses out on activating his/her account after creating one.  As a precautionary measure and to safeguard the owner of the email address, account activation at .Biz requires clicking on an email link sent to the address indicated in account creation.  This process prevents a person from using somebody else's email address to create an account.  8)  This error is common as a number of registrants overlook the activation email because of it landing in their junk folders.  That's why during account creation, we remind everybody to check their junk or spam folders.

Anyway, I've already referred your case to support.  Please email them to request the resending of the activation email. Thanks. ;)

Oh, similarly Superman, I suggest that you register na with .Biz.  Pre-bookings are only allowed to registered members unfortunately.  But note that the process of registration is generally simple and no documents are required to activate an account only the "link" referred to above.  ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2006 at 10:45 AM by randyv »
Official spokesperson for PinoyDVD.biz

Offline chinoh151

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Oct 28, 2006 at 10:38 AM »
Yup, it won't be like V for Vendetta DE. It'll just be normal DVD case with the comic just shrinkwrapped along with the case, there will be no slipcase.

Oh! I get it. Thanks.  ;D

:-[ It's sad though...

Offline p.dividdy2

• Collector
  • Galit Na Si Manoy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Oct 29, 2006 at 07:12 PM »
since no one could answer my question.. i proceeded to astro festival this evening to find out.. they were to start taking reservations tom..but since i was there na, they let me sign up na rin and gave me a coupon..same promo p100 off etc... so im no.1 in the list,  where's my award ahahaha! dont i get a statue or something? bwahaha
PinoyBazaar - Shop Easy!
http://pinoybazaar.forumotion.com

Offline jonster

• Collector
  • Bring me to life.
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 08:43 AM »
Also reserved 2 copies at Astro MOA.  At 1st hindi nila alam na ongoing na yung reservation, until sinabi ko na yung ibang branch ng Astro nagpapareserve na.  Hindi nila alam andun na pala sa kanila yung reservation stubs.
I'm my own worst enemy

Offline toyfanatic

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 07:45 AM »

wala bang advance release tommorrow? heheheheh ;D

Offline aligonzales

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 09:43 AM »
wala bang advance release tommorrow? heheheheh ;D

Oo nga. Sana meron parang Harry Potter ...  ;D

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 01:04 PM »
I think all the dealers learned from the Harry Potter incident. If you're curious though, PinoyDVD.biz will have an Ultimate Superman CE sample on hand at the Nov HiFi Show if you're still undecided.

Offline toyfanatic

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 11:43 PM »
Superman Returns R3 2-disc DE with comic book will street on November 12 -- currently the earliest in the region. Retail is Php650 but there's a very good chance that there'll be a pre-order promo.

sir, please correct me if im wrong, passed by astroplus SM carpark this morning, the lady told me sa 14th of November pa raw release??? last day lang ng reservation tommorrow

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #40 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 11:54 PM »
sir, please correct me if im wrong, passed by astroplus SM carpark this morning, the lady told me sa 14th of November pa raw release??? last day lang ng reservation tommorrow

Release date is indeed Nov. 14, 2006.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 08:18 AM »
Yup it's Nov 14, moved from the 12th.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #42 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 02:23 PM »
Yup it's Nov 14, moved from the 12th.

And I've been informed that Warner warned their in-store sales reps that if anyone decides to "break" the release date, they will be instantly fired.  ;)
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 04:41 PM »
I think all the dealers learned from the Harry Potter incident. If you're curious though, PinoyDVD.biz will have an Ultimate Superman CE sample on hand at the Nov HiFi Show if you're still undecided.

And what "incident" was that? Di ba nagboost pa ang sales nila when they release a DVD earlier than the target date?

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 04:45 PM »
And I've been informed that Warner warned their in-store sales reps that if anyone decides to "break" the release date, they will be instantly fired.  ;)

Haha... Firing people for releasing DVDs to the public earlier than release date?? To show consistency, how I wish they would also fire those working with the distributors if they release it later than the target date... ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 11:01 PM »
And what "incident" was that? Di ba nagboost pa ang sales nila when they release a DVD earlier than the target date?

This incident: http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=46057.msg555302#msg555302

;D

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 11:25 PM »
On the incident mentioned by Mr. Hankey (link above)

Actually, if this was the States, that would be illegal.  While the release date is probably fixed by the distributor, price shouldn't.  That would amount to price fixing and violate antitrust laws.  Or else, all item sold on Amazon would be SRP and not the 25-50% discount we often get.  But then again, that's the States, and this is the Philippines.  The market is probably too small for such regulations.  As it is, Warner's prices are fair enough, so no complains here... just a little musing on my part...  but way OT.  Sorry.

Back to topic.  PinoyDVD sale in 30 minutes...  anyone staying up late for either of the Superman (Returns and Ultimate set) DVDs?
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2006 at 11:28 PM by techdude »
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #47 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 10:11 AM »
Just got mine, c/o PinoyDVD.Biz. Thanks!

P.S. BTW, there's a white sticker on the shrinkwrap: Street Date Strictly: Nov. 14.  :)

Also, the shiny silver cover of the Comic book (actually "The  Ultimate Guide to the Man of Steel") is prone to scratches. Mine had scratches and what appears to be glue I think from the shrinkwrapping.  :(
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2006 at 10:23 AM by gaol »

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #48 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 02:22 PM »
Got the comicbook edition too from astro glorietta with  free miniposter ;) but  artwork of the movie size poster from the ultimate edition is much better if you ask me, was trying to exchange sana di raw pwede :(
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2006 at 02:28 PM by edboy7 »

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 07:12 PM »
bought this title a while ago.

BTW, has anyone seen the bloopers at the end of the documentary on disc 2? Natawa ako nung nag-slide si Superman,,, hehe.

The included book was great, very informative. Binalot ko na lang para hindi prone sa scratches.

All in all. Every bit of feature on the disc was great. This is deifnitely a must buy.

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 09:01 PM »
Also got my copy today through pinoydvd.biz.  I like the 'book' that came with it.  In general, I'm satisfied with this release.  However, I'm still dreaming of the Ultimate Edition.   ;D

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 09:31 PM »
IMHO, The Book that comes with Superman Returns is way better than the comics/comic cover artwork of the Ultimate Edition.  The one with Superman Returns is not really a comics but a mini-encyclopedia of Superman trivia condensed from the DK line( ie How Things work, etc) of books.  At the back, it is printed $7.99 but not for individual resale (huh?).  I really wished this was the book that was included with the Ultimate Collector's since it would be more appropriate.

Note that this is a double post.  Also posted in Ultimate Collector's thread.  If you wish to comment on my post, do it on that thread na lang... :)
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2006 at 09:34 PM by techdude »

Offline Ashburndaride

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #52 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 10:46 PM »
*Easter Egg :o

Disk 2 deleted scenes (just keep scrolling down the 1st set of deleted scenes until you see the red "S" Logo)

Kevin Spacey's takes on "WRONG!"  ;)

Loved the Disks....Loved the mini guide book....Hated the mini poster :P
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2006 at 11:04 PM by Ashburndaride »

Offline el-el

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 01:03 AM »
I've also got a copy from pinoydvd.biz (the one with comic book)....

Bakit ganun? Di sulit... Ang pangit ng picture quality.  ???

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #54 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 01:11 AM »
I've also got a copy from pinoydvd.biz (the one with comic book)....

Bakit ganun? Di sulit... Ang pangit ng picture quality.  ???

Picture quality ng alin?

Offline el-el

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 02:23 AM »
the movie itself..... not so noticable syempre on a standard crt tv, but on lcd tv, ang daming pixelations...   ???

I'd still like to probably buy a region 1 na lang for collection.... :-[

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 02:27 AM »
Di sulit... Ang pangit ng picture quality.

You know, Warner usually (two known exceptions: Eyes Wide Shut and Once Upon a Time in America) digitally masters the DVD only once for Regions 1 and 3, so you're likely to get exactly the same picture quality on your R1 purchase.

I get what you mean, though. A few scenes seem a  bit grainy on my LCD screen (there was noticeable pixelation in the "young Clark running in the cornfields" scene), but the bitrate registers around 5.5-9Mbps, usually in the 7 range. This seems about average for most R1 and R3 releases I've checked.
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2006 at 02:40 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 02:38 AM »
Maraming high speed scenes, so unless the bitrate is very high, picture quality could suffer.  I don't have a big LCD (yet), so really can't tell. 

But HD-DVD/Bluray is probably the way to go if you really want the best picture quality...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 03:15 AM »
the movie itself..... not so noticable syempre on a standard crt tv, but on lcd tv, ang daming pixelations...   ???

from review of the R1 Superman Returns...

Presented in its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio and anamorphically enhanced for widescreen displays, Superman Returns looks very good with a few reservations. The film was reportedly shot entirely on high-definition video, so the limitations of certain scenes are likely due to the source material, not the transfer. Certain outdoor scenes look remarkably crisp, vibrant and colorful, while darker sequences display mild amounts of grain and seem slightly muddy. Overall, the positives certainly outweigh the negatives, while Warner's excellent track record earns them a slight handicap.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=25057
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2006 at 03:55 AM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline el-el

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 03:27 AM »
You know, Warner usually (two known exceptions: Eyes Wide Shut and Once Upon a Time in America) digitally masters the DVD only once for Regions 1 and 3, so you're likely to get exactly the same picture quality on your R1 purchase.

I get what you mean, though. A few scenes seem a  bit grainy on my LCD screen (there was noticeable pixelation in the "young Clark running in the cornfields" scene), but the bitrate registers around 5.5-9Mbps, usually in the 7 range. This seems about average for most R1 and R3 releases I've checked.

The disc is dvd9.... it seems like the pixel/picture quality was ruined during the encoding process....

...I'm having thoughts that the locally sold DVDs are like ripped from other region, then re-encoded to region 3 (with poor quality encoding)...  ??? Can anyone confirm? If ganun nga, malamang ganun nga rin sa ibang mga "budget" locally available DVDs kaya pangit  (usually) ang pixel/picture quality....  ???
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2006 at 05:49 AM by el-el »