Author Topic: Denon SYS- 905ht  (Read 2119 times)

Offline chariol

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Denon SYS- 905ht
« on: Oct 30, 2006 at 06:44 PM »
any reviews sa speaker set na toh? 10,800 lang 2 fs, 2 bs and 1 center. from the original price of 24,000

http://www.mandarinsa.com/denon/products/speakers/SYS-905HT.htm
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2006 at 08:50 PM by chariol »

Offline newbie pa rin

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, newbie here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Denon SYS- 905ht
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 08:42 AM »
Sa laki ng discount nya you might consider it.
Try auditioning the unit to see kung ok sa iyo tunog nya.
Ikaw lang makakapagsabi kung OK sa you sound characteristics that it will produce.
Bring familiar CD's and DVD's when auditioning it would help a lot.
Where there is no vision, the people perish

Offline chariol

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 10:33 AM »
tnx. i auditioned it na, ok naman, not as great as those high end ones pero sa price nya, sulit talaga.

Offline lenarddvd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 01:52 PM »
chariol, ok ba yung sys-905ht?, did you buy it?

Offline Big Mac

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Village Idiot
  • Liked:
Re: Denon SYS- 905ht - goodbye 13th month pay
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2006 at 12:33 PM »
I purchased the Denon 905 Sys HT from Paradigm Shangrila last saturday.

I was looking for a reasonable set of speakers for an Bnew Onkyo TX-SR 304S AV Receiver i just received from santa the day before.

Working on a budget of 25K ( the JBL SCS 200.6 at P24k was the top contender and some wharfes from Ambassador as well as some Yammys from Sammy at the Listening Room), I chanced upon the outlet unloading boxes sa showroom so out of curiosity i went in.

Arnold the very helpful salesman told me he was hooking up the Denon for a delivery later that day.  So I stayed around while he hooked it up in their showroom.  (I assumed these Dens were kinda out of my budget)  Without asking for the price, I listened, impressed with the demo DVD and SACD using a Denon AV receiver then later upon my request an Onkyo they had in stock.  The highs were crisp, the mids were clear and the lows had enough punch.  Arnold lent me the remote to do the adjustments and left me in their demo room. (galing)

Again out of curiousity, I asked how much for the Speakers.

I was floored.  Absolutely.  "Sir mura lang yan, naka 50% sale kami.  P12,000 na lang."  From 25,000 for the floorstanding 3 way 4speaker towers, the 2 way 3 speakercenter and the 2 way 3 speaker bookshelf surrounds.   I had to repeat my question again.  "Sir wala pa ngang subs yan, ito ikabit ko DSW-65, on sale din P8,000 na lang"

Ayun, within 1 minute of the sub demo, I was convinced and decided there and then to screw the JBLs and go for this P20,000 setup, spend the rest on cables and interconnects and still have a few pesos left for beers.    Had to ask the wife first of course.

"Sir cash ba?  May 10% discount pa ako ibibigay pag cash purchase!  Ok itong batang to ah niloloko yata ako.  "One year warranty yan sir, kami naman distributor ng Denon dito sa Pilipinas".  I told him sold, and asked Ill just transfer my car kasi sa labas ako naka park "I deliver ko nalang sayo sir, ako na rin mag install and mag timpla.  Nasa bahay ka ba ng mga 7PM?"  (it was 2 pm na)  Walang hiyang ito, hayop sa salesmanship.  Ok sige call. Ill just go the the ATM downstairs.  "Sir wag ka na mag abala sir, mamaya nalang bayad pag na install and test na. Pwede pa personal check if you want. Basta dated lang today"

Whew sige na sige na bilib na ako.  I demo'd it again just to make sure.  Left alone in the sound room. Ano ba katch nito, presyo lang to ng Ipod video ko.  Denon, reputable name.  Pricing is unbelievable. Delivery, waranty.    Pumasok ulit si Arnold, gave me a thumbs up which i replied with the same gesture.  Then he approached me, "Ako na bahala sir, meron akong cables and wires,  basta sa akin ka na kumuha"

Tsk tsk tsk

Well he arrived mga 830 dahil  nagsara pa daw sya ng tindahan.  So after 30mins, Porkchops and Tilapia, P600 worth of professional audio 12 gauge speaker wires and monsters,  and 4 beers- Rock en Roll na with Omaha Beach Normandy on June 6, 1944 courtesy of Steven Spielberg.  Bahala na magising mga Kapitbahay.  Then Eagles na Hell Freezes Over CD, Tapos  the best of Miles Davis and John Coltrane.  Alas dos na ako natulog, pati si Misis, enjoy na enjoy sa kanyang MYMP Live.

Damn i think its the best 17,000 I ever spent.   

I have owned or used JBLs, Cambridge Newtons, Wharfs and Polks.  For this price, I would be crazy to complain.

Very very happy with the speakers/sub for my midsized 25 sq m living room.

any reviews sa speaker set na toh? 10,800 lang 2 fs, 2 bs and 1 center. from the original price of 24,000

http://www.mandarinsa.com/denon/products/speakers/SYS-905HT.htm

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2006 at 02:01 PM »
Welcome to PinoyDVD, BigMac and congrats on your purchase.   ;D 

Are these what you got?  Nice babies.

17T or 20T for a 5.1 speaker system consisting of towers, center,  bookshelf speakers and a powered sub is a real bargain.  Especially when it comes from a trusted Hi-Fi name like Denon.  Up until last year I didn't know Denon made speakers.  But I quess, just like Onkyo which also make speakers, I shouldn't be surprised.   Haven't heard them but if your ears are happy with them, that's all that matters in this hobby.  Enjoy!! ;D

BTW, any idea where they are made?   Reminds me of DTX9 speaker set I had before in the looks department. 
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2006 at 02:06 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline 5Speed

• Collector
  • It's me..
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2006 at 04:39 PM »
if my memory serves me right......

previously, Mission Speakers are the designers/suppliers of Denon for their speakers..... kaya malamang eh maganda ngang tumunog yan......

di ko na lang alam ngayon dahil nabili na ang Mission ng IAG (International Audio Group)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2006 at 05:30 PM »
Congratulations, BIG MAC...gotta visit Shangrila in my next visit to Manila...would you know what items are on sale?? what's the store again, paradigm?? new store??
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Funktopuss

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2006 at 06:40 PM »
Hi Big Mac, are you sure you are not a denon rep yourself? your words were  too convincing in your story, sobrang detailed yun script mo ikaw yata yung sales rep binaligtad mo sa story mo noh? this being your first ever-post and the incident happened for almost a week na. nyahaha! :) (joke lang po)

anyway your marketing works, i gonna check this out soon and maybe get one too ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2006 at 06:51 PM by Funktopuss »

Offline Big Mac

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Village Idiot
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2006 at 10:17 AM »
Mga Kosa:

Hindi ako taga Denon!  Ako isang hamak at aping empleyado at asawa na bagong kasal, at ano ba tawag ninyo .... newbie,  sa PinoyDVD. Mahilig lang ako ng gamit panlalake (according to my beautiful wife)

I was introduced to this forum by a buddy from Subic, Jong Cortez who takes his hifi hobby a little bit too seriously, I think'   Ok daw dito so I have been registered for a couple of weeks.  Since wala pa naman akong K noon dahil skwaking ang gamit ko compared to your toys, naging ano yun, lurker lang.

On my impulse purchase, this is one of the rare ones that I have not regretted.    I have skipped 2 poker nights na and preferred to stay home and actually enjoy the wife's company.  ;D

Yes that is exactly the image of the Denon 905SYS HT except for those small tower stands (where can i get those ba they look good). And the sub i have is black not gray. 

The name of the store is Paradigm  6383724  at the 5th floor beside the shop that sells Birkentstock Sandals.  It is right beside Sights and Sounds who owns Paradigm.  Look for no one else but Arnold 0915 7997261 so you can get the same service I got.  (again wala akong commission dito, just happy with my purchase and will not hesitate to recommend to my fellow Jedis)

Kinabit ko ang aking 29 inch Sony wide wega (na tag P4,000 lang sa Pier shopping center sa likod ng manila hotel) via s-video cable and monsters tapos sa aking Ganz Klar play everything DVD player (P2500 sa virra mall 2 years ago) via Digital Coaxial Monsters na tag P500 lang basta kay arnold mo kunin. Bumil ako ng Audio Pro OFC subwoofer cable na P299 sa ace hardware sa inyong suking SM.  Ang speaker wires Guage 12  Evolution Pro (Made in USA) na priced too low to post lest arnold will get into trouble.  My playstation 2 is hooked to my Onkyo TX SR 304S ($199 Circuit City, Freemont) using aftermarket S-Video Cabling (P400 sa Greenhils) and a 2M toslink optical cable (600 sa ortigas home depot) to get true surround sound for your game console.  (sorry walang mahanap na PS3 kahit saan kahit nakapila na ng 5am ang utol sa Best Buy thanksgiving sale sa San Diego ubos daw lahat )
Ano pa ba?  Mga DVDs ko galing sa Metrowalk but dont tell Edu Manzano please.

Not to digress, I am very very happy with my purchase and hope that I will not be too hooked to this new hobby.

Maraming salamat sa binigay ninyong panahon

Offline 5Speed

• Collector
  • It's me..
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2006 at 12:55 PM »
Mga Kosa:

Hindi ako taga Denon!  Ako isang hamak at aping empleyado at asawa na bagong kasal, at ano ba tawag ninyo .... newbie,  sa PinoyDVD. Mahilig lang ako ng gamit panlalake (according to my beautiful wife)

I was introduced to this forum by a buddy from Subic, Jong Cortez who takes his hifi hobby a little bit too seriously, I think'   Ok daw dito so I have been registered for a couple of weeks.  Since wala pa naman akong K noon dahil skwaking ang gamit ko compared to your toys, naging ano yun, lurker lang.

On my impulse purchase, this is one of the rare ones that I have not regretted.    I have skipped 2 poker nights na and preferred to stay home and actually enjoy the wife's company.  ;D

Yes that is exactly the image of the Denon 905SYS HT except for those small tower stands (where can i get those ba they look good). And the sub i have is black not gray. 

The name of the store is Paradigm  6383724  at the 5th floor beside the shop that sells Birkentstock Sandals.  It is right beside Sights and Sounds who owns Paradigm.  Look for no one else but Arnold 0915 7997261 so you can get the same service I got.  (again wala akong commission dito, just happy with my purchase and will not hesitate to recommend to my fellow Jedis)

Kinabit ko ang aking 29 inch Sony wide wega (na tag P4,000 lang sa Pier shopping center sa likod ng manila hotel) via s-video cable and monsters tapos sa aking Ganz Klar play everything DVD player (P2500 sa virra mall 2 years ago) via Digital Coaxial Monsters na tag P500 lang basta kay arnold mo kunin. Bumil ako ng Audio Pro OFC subwoofer cable na P299 sa ace hardware sa inyong suking SM.  Ang speaker wires Guage 12  Evolution Pro (Made in USA) na priced too low to post lest arnold will get into trouble.  My playstation 2 is hooked to my Onkyo TX SR 304S ($199 Circuit City, Freemont) using aftermarket S-Video Cabling (P400 sa Greenhils) and a 2M toslink optical cable (600 sa ortigas home depot) to get true surround sound for your game console.  (sorry walang mahanap na PS3 kahit saan kahit nakapila na ng 5am ang utol sa Best Buy thanksgiving sale sa San Diego ubos daw lahat )
Ano pa ba?  Mga DVDs ko galing sa Metrowalk but dont tell Edu Manzano please.

Not to digress, I am very very happy with my purchase and hope that I will not be too hooked to this new hobby.

Maraming salamat sa binigay ninyong panahon

Congratulations kapatid..... :)

nakaka-adik itong hobby na to...... enjoy your new toys at naway wag kang mahawa ng SARS gaya nung ibang posters din dito....herherehrehrehrehrer

pero sabi nung iba......okay din daw namang magka-SARS.......wag lang yung sars na nakakamatay.... ;D

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2006 at 03:08 PM »
thanks for the info...ENJOY! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Funktopuss

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2006 at 08:12 PM »
BIG  MAC, musta na performance ng sub mo in terms of ht and audio? front firing yata sa itsura nya tama ba?