Author Topic: NBA '07  (Read 34515 times)

Offline geckoph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA '07
« Reply #390 on: Jun 04, 2007 at 05:09 PM »
Well, ano na nga playoff record ni Flip Saunders...8 straight 1st round elimination with Minnesota, then, 3 straight conference finals elimination with Minnesota and Detroit...that's 3 down 5 to go...yun ay kung papayag si Dumars na mangyari yun...
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2007 at 05:10 PM by phildo »

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #391 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 10:47 PM »
I like the message that bill russel gave to lebron and company, as much as he likes how the spurs play and admiring duncan...he goes out saying to the cavs that they dont just represent cleveland, they represent the Eastern Conference, make me proud!!! 8)

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #392 on: Jun 07, 2007 at 01:32 PM »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #393 on: Jun 08, 2007 at 10:10 AM »
king james fails to impress on his first finals appearance, 4pts on 0/7 fg at the half  :o  but interestingly they're only down by 5, 35-40

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: Jun 08, 2007 at 02:14 PM »

Offline X-®an™

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: Jun 08, 2007 at 05:42 PM »
Can't wait for October... oh yeah, we don't have a champion yet! ;D

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: Jun 08, 2007 at 11:43 PM »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: Jun 12, 2007 at 12:31 AM »

like the spurs fan said, bring out LeBroom  ;D  i guess The King arrived in the finals too early...

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: Jun 12, 2007 at 01:13 AM »
I know the veteran Spurs might be thinking sweep...but so did the Pistons and they're the ones who got swept after they lead 2-0.

Let's see what King James and his royal subjects can do to stave off a San Antonio invasion. 

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: Jun 12, 2007 at 07:38 AM »
Really? There are people out there who had that thought? Pistons sweeping the Cavs? Surprising...

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #400 on: Jun 12, 2007 at 10:18 AM »
Really? There are people out there who had that thought? Pistons sweeping the Cavs? Surprising...

Yeah, really.  What's surprising is that Cleveland won 4 straight games...

That's why there was a clamor for Saunders' head after Detroit lost the series.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #401 on: Jun 12, 2007 at 12:03 PM »
I wasn't surprise at all at Cleveland's 4 straight wins...I thought Cleveland should have won the first 2 games...Cleveland lost to themselves, actually...those where the games where LBJ was TOO unselfish...

As for Choke Saunders of Detroit...I wasn't surprise at that, as well...He has proven he's a good/great regular season coach, but, not during the playoffs...he's the Dirk Nowitzki of coaching, good/great during regular play, but, chokes during the playoffs...anyway, here's the latest tally on Choke Saunders -- 8 straight 1st round elimination and 3 straight conference finals elimination...that's 5 more conference finals elimination to go...

Anyway, let's forget the "could have, should have, would have..." of the Cleveland vs. Detroit series...'coz I believe, based on their battle, Cleveland is the better team and they won...

As for the NBA Finals...I am for the Spurs (always have...have been a Spurs fan, since, the Admiral entered the league...)...the next few games will be interesting, since, the Cavs will be hosting the next 3 games...these are the games where we can get our answer on whether or not Tony Parker will win the Finals MVP, if ever the Spurs win the series...eventhough, I am a Spurs fan...I am not really a fan of Tony Parker, nevertheless, he's my pick for Finals MVP for the first 2 games...

Naturally, if the Cavs makes a comeback and wins...there is no question that LBJ will be named Finals MVP...
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2007 at 12:19 PM by phildo »

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: Jun 12, 2007 at 01:14 PM »
 :D

Cleveland may be representing the East, but they're certainly not the best that the East has to offer.  Same can be said of San Antonio.  SA should allocate one ring to the Warriors for taking out the Mavericks, some may say two more rings for both Stern and Stu(pid) Jackson for that Phoenix brouhaha.

As to why Cleveland won against Detroit, many are saying that the Pistons lost because they took the Cavaliers too lightly.  Same thing that is being expected from San Antonio right now.  People would not clamor for Saunders' firing if Cleveland has shown without a shadow of a doubt that they are the better team this year.  The Pistons just choked that's why they're blaming Flip.  Cleveland didn't lost to themselves, it was the Pistons who did!

As for the latest tally on Flip Saunders, name me one better replacement out there.  Billups and Price didn't have a good series, and still they're putting all the blame on Flip?

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #403 on: Jun 12, 2007 at 01:26 PM »
The Cavs should just enjoy this series. Learn a thing or two, get used to the atmosphere. In two years, I think they could be champs.
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2007 at 01:27 PM by bumblebee »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: Jun 12, 2007 at 02:26 PM »
the cavs may not be the best the east can offer, but they're the best team for me for surviving the playoffs, same with the spurs in the west. they won. they're the better team in each series. life is unpredictable and unfair, so teams shouldn't be whiners, they should adjust, which i hope the cavs do. but they're up against the consistent veteran spurs, so good luck  ;D

as for the cavs next year, i'd say trade hughes. bron needs a better #2

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #405 on: Jun 12, 2007 at 03:19 PM »
Well, they did make it this far so I think the Cavs should just stick with the current roster. Nasa East naman sila e ;D

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #406 on: Jun 12, 2007 at 03:33 PM »
:D

Cleveland may be representing the East, but they're certainly not the best that the East has to offer.  Same can be said of San Antonio.  SA should allocate one ring to the Warriors for taking out the Mavericks, some may say two more rings for both Stern and Stu(pid) Jackson for that Phoenix brouhaha.

As to why Cleveland won against Detroit, many are saying that the Pistons lost because they took the Cavaliers too lightly.  Same thing that is being expected from San Antonio right now.  People would not clamor for Saunders' firing if Cleveland has shown without a shadow of a doubt that they are the better team this year.  The Pistons just choked that's why they're blaming Flip.  Cleveland didn't lost to themselves, it was the Pistons who did!

As for the latest tally on Flip Saunders, name me one better replacement out there.  Billups and Price didn't have a good series, and still they're putting all the blame on Flip?

Is there anyone better than choke Saunders out there? Maybe yes, maybe no...nevertheless, I did say he's a good/great regular season coach...I think I'll stick to he's a good regular season coach... :)

San Antonio? Not the best that the West has to offer? At least, they can make right the wrong...that is the "Best in the West" won the championship trophy...which Dallas failed to accomplish last season...

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: Jun 12, 2007 at 04:30 PM »
Is there anyone better than choke Saunders out there? Maybe yes, maybe no...nevertheless, I did say he's a good/great regular season coach...I think I'll stick to he's a good regular season coach... :)

San Antonio? Not the best that the West has to offer? At least, they can make right the wrong...that is the "Best in the West" won the championship trophy...which Dallas failed to accomplish last season...

What I'm saying is... replace Saunders if you can get anyone out there who'll do better.  The Pistons lost not because of the X's and O's... has Mike Brown outcoached Saunders?  Most definitely not!  The Pistons played poorly and they paid for it... at any rate, I think they knew that just like the Cavs, they don't have any chance to beat the Spurs.

Saying that Saunders is a good regular coach may apply to almost all of the current coaches out there... only Jackson, Riley, and Popovich are better based on your criteria.  What about Jerry Sloan?  Is there any tally on him?

It's time to retool the Pistons... they had their time.  They've invested so much on their starting 5 to the point where they gave up on Okur, Darko, and Arroyo.  If I were Dumars, I'll try to find a way to deal Rasheed and Hamilton.  Keep Prince, re-sign Billups.  Try to re-sign Webber to the same cheap amount.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #408 on: Jun 12, 2007 at 11:52 PM »
Only Jackson, Riley and Popovich are better than Saunders during the regular season? I believe there is "at least" one more coach who is better than Saunders -- Don Nelson...plus, Saunders' "playoffs accomplishments" or his "coaching accomplishments as opposed to other coaches" has nothing to do with me calling him a "good" regular season coach...
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2007 at 12:01 AM by phildo »

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: Jun 13, 2007 at 08:42 AM »
Only Jackson, Riley and Popovich are better than Saunders during the regular season? I believe there is "at least" one more coach who is better than Saunders -- Don Nelson...plus, Saunders' "playoffs accomplishments" or his "coaching accomplishments as opposed to other coaches" has nothing to do with me calling him a "good" regular season coach...

Jackson, Riley and Popovich are the only current coaches who has won a championship.  You listed Saunders' failures/accomplishments in the postseason and labeled him as only a good regular season coach.  I assumed you also mean that he is a bad coach to have in the playoffs.  With that in mind, I named those three above as the only 3 coaches better than Saunders based on your criteria.  Not even Jerry Sloan nor Don Nelson is on the same league as those three, again based on your criteria.

For me, Saunders is on the same league as Don Nelson, Lawrence Frank, Rick Carlisle, Avery Johnson, and Eddie Jordan to name a few.  Jerry Sloan is a notch higher than them.  Of the aforementioned coaches, only Rick Carlisle is available and I don't think that Dumars would want to go the same route again.  The ultimate coach for me if I have a team would be Don Nelson on offense and Rick Carlisle on defense.  Two coaches just like football, I think.  ;D

Offline garee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: Jun 13, 2007 at 11:52 AM »
Spurs win game3 75-72

3-0 lead best of 7

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #411 on: Jun 13, 2007 at 12:11 PM »
Potentially the first NBA Finals sweep since the Lakers' 4-0 romp over NJ in 2002.  When's the NBA Draft?  :) 
We deserve better.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: Jun 13, 2007 at 12:32 PM »
spurs won despite the spurs big 3 meltdown. wow  ;D

im happy for finley  ;)

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: Jun 13, 2007 at 12:34 PM »
The 3rd game was really ugly to watch...either both teams are playing good defense or they're shooting poorly...neverthless, I'm happy the Spurs won...

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: Jun 13, 2007 at 01:12 PM »
The 3rd game was really ugly to watch...either both teams are playing good defense or they're shooting poorly...neverthless, I'm happy the Spurs won...

I have the same sentiment, bro!  Cleveland has had their chances... it wasn't the best defense of San Antonio that they saw during the 4th Quarter but they still can't score.  A see-saw battle where two teams answer each other's scoring is waaayyy better than seeing two teams answering each other's misses.

This series is... O-V-E-...  ;D

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: Jun 13, 2007 at 01:36 PM »
Parker? Finals MVP? It's still his after 3 games...

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: Jun 13, 2007 at 01:40 PM »
I have the same sentiment, bro!  Cleveland has had their chances... it wasn't the best defense of San Antonio that they saw during the 4th Quarter but they still can't score.  A see-saw battle where two teams answer each other's scoring is waaayyy better than seeing two teams answering each other's misses.

This series is... O-V-E-...  ;D

yeah.........ho....hum......

im more excited sa offseason.....kasi talunan yung team ko..... ;D ;D

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #417 on: Jun 13, 2007 at 04:43 PM »
yeah.........ho....hum......

im more excited sa offseason.....kasi talunan yung team ko..... ;D ;D

Me too... my top 5 teams are all out.. heheh.  Last year, two of my teams are vying for it.  I had the same excitement watching last year as I do now.  Mas ok siguro na isa lang sa team mo ang lumalaban for the championship, makes it more nerve-wracking.  ;D

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #418 on: Jun 15, 2007 at 08:02 AM »
Right team at the right time for Robert Horry.   He could win his 7th ring if the Spurs close it tonight.   More than MJ, more than Magic.   He practically bagged it when he hip-checked Nash, hehehehe  ;D ;D

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #419 on: Jun 15, 2007 at 09:35 AM »
has there ever been 2 Finals MVPs? i'd still go with Parker. if Manu wasn't able to win co-MVP with Duncan before, then i'll vote for TP only. but of course, TD's presence was very important as always. anyway, the Spurs isn't a team with much egos. the ultimate goal is one win away guys  ;)