Author Topic: Suggestion for AV Receiver and Speakers  (Read 188411 times)

Offline killer_eyes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Suggestion for AV Receiver and Speakers
« Reply #90 on: Jul 01, 2002 at 09:15 AM »
lance

nandito kasi ako sa japan my set up cost me more or less 60K php...
heres the break down

dm303 ; 4pcs= 24Kphp
lc6 s2 = 8K php
sw320 = 13K php
denon avr = 12K php

a properly trained man can be a dogs bestfriend

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #91 on: Jul 01, 2002 at 10:11 AM »
dexterc and lance_ryan-  If you are in a budget but would want sound quality speakers for both audio and HT, try to audition our custom made speakers.  

http://photos.yahoo.com/nirvblakr

Just contact me at 09175298004 if you are interested. Thanks!

Thanks superman for the endorsement!  ;)

nirvblakr

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #92 on: Jul 06, 2002 at 08:39 PM »
I'm wondering, between the Yamaha RX 730 and the newly-released Onkyo tx sr 600, which is better?  

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Jul 06, 2002 at 11:49 PM »
Reposting

Hi, I'm new here.
  I'm in the market on a Reciever in the P20,000 range or lower.  
  What can you say about the H/K avr4000?  heard it with an Infinity Alpha set with  12" jbl subs at the Podium.   It rocks!!!!  costs P72,500  complete ser with wires minus the subs.
  the HKavr4000 cost P30,950  (out of my budget)  I was impressed with it kaya na inspire ako to upgrade my system.    

Also, I saw the Yamaha RXv 430  P15,500
  and the Yamaha Rxv 620 P18,500     Which is the better Yamaha?  is it comparable in detail and clarity as the Harman?    What other recievers can you suggest?

Thanks a lot

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Jul 07, 2002 at 05:48 AM »
I'm wondering, between the Yamaha RX 730 and the newly-released Onkyo tx sr 600, which is better?  

If I remember right that you have Mission speakers, I personally would suggest you go for the Onkyo TXSR-600 to match your speakers.  I've heard Mission speakers matched with a 494 and it really gives out the lows not sacrificing clarity of the mids and highs. Very good matching if you are a bass person.   Just my honest opinion. ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2002 at 05:51 AM by nirvblakr »

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #95 on: Jul 07, 2002 at 02:20 PM »
nirvblakr,

i actually have the Onkyo 494, paired with the Mission M73.  Kaso, I just heard about this new Onkyo receivers and I think I have the beginnings of the upgrade itch.   ;D

I was auditioning the new yamaha receivers for the past 2 months and only listened to the Onkyo once or twice.  but i liked it immediately.  my only concern is that the 494 is an older model, unlike the yamaha rx  *30 series which is really the latest yamaha release.  tapos lumabas nga itong Onkyo 500 and 600 series.  haay buhay!  i'm this close to asking Sonny if i could trade up my receiver for the Onkyo 600!  this, after less than a month's use of the 494.  hahaha!

what's stopping me, aside from the cost of course, is the slew of not so good reviews on some forums that the new models are receiving  (though if you look closely, the same person is posting the same info about the Onkyo's lack of power, e.g.  the 600's 65w power is only 30w if all 5 channels are used.  I can't pretend to understand what it means, but it has me worried).

buti na lang i'm happy with the 494.  so i've been able to control my urge to upgrade.  

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Jul 08, 2002 at 05:22 AM »
tonedeaf-  If you ever complete your 5.1 system, I suggest that you start investing on your softwares aka DVDs and maybe go for the upgrade after a couple of years.  If you go upgrading everytime a new model of home theater equipment comes up, believe me its going to be endless and you won't get any satisfaction ever.  

But looking on the other side of the fence, some people just find their own nirvana seeing a new toy in their room.   ;D

Offline madrigal

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
help
« Reply #97 on: Jul 10, 2002 at 06:20 PM »
To Levi and other HT gurus

What would you get in the 20t budget to power a bose acoustimass speakers
a 5.1 is OK na for me........
1) yamaha rxv430
2) Harman Kardon AVR 2000
3) Onkyo txsr500
4) Denon 1602

1) may hiss ba talaga ang 430 ymaha?
2) Can a h/k 45watts high current power my bose? or baka bitin?
3) Onkyo??  ok ba to?
4) Denon 1602? what do you think?

Please help

???

Offline killer_eyes

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Jul 11, 2002 at 10:15 AM »
im using a 1602 on my set up and ok naman sya for me although i dont know how will it match with the acousticmass...pero overall features nya ok na for me with its price

Offline luther

• Collector
  • protegetech.org rav4world.com tsikot.com
  • Liked:
Onkyo TX-SR600 & Mission 77 vs Denon AVR-1802 & Infinity Alpha
« Reply #99 on: Jul 12, 2002 at 11:28 AM »
Hi guys, can you give me a few opinions about my dilemna?  Am split as to what am receiver am gonna get.  Will it be the 6.1 onkyo or the 5.1 denon?  Both are in the same price range and in the spec sheets the onkyo has a clear advantage.

Will the speakers that I am gonna pair with the receiver affect the overall outcome?  I am planning on pairing the mission 77 series speakers and a b&w sub with the onkyo and for the denon i might go for the infinity alpha series plus a jbl sub.

« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2002 at 11:29 AM by luther »

Offline Titanium

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Jul 12, 2002 at 12:31 PM »
Madrigal,

Im using the yamaha RX V430 and I dont hear any hiss sound that you mentioned. The receiver is great esp for DVD movies. Very clean sound output kahit na Im using only a yamaha NSP320 speakers.

Offline killer_eyes

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Jul 12, 2002 at 12:40 PM »
luther

of course overall ma aapektuhan ng speakers mo yung performance since yun ang maririnig mo eh pero based from ur list mukhang ok naman lahat at puro high ends yata ang plan mo ;D

Offline madrigal

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Jul 12, 2002 at 01:40 PM »
To TITANIUM:

Hi, Nice to hear from a 430 owner,

Might get the 430 kasi has the strongest rating (75 watts) as compered to a
1) denon 1602 (70W)
2) h/k avr 2000 (45W)
3) onkyo txsr 500 (65W)
4) h/k avr 4000 (50W)
I think it  the yamaha 430 even has better features for the price of P15,500.

Sabi lang ni Carter Sy of Hi End na Sirain daw ang Yamaha Malaysia Made brought  by dpsi. Wala daw parts and service center ito.  Di to gagawin ng Yupangco if bought by a dpsi dealer.

Also, the hissing sound is a complain by foreign buyers as I read in a stereo review mag.  Dito yata sa Phils, wala pang nakakapansin ng Hiss na ito sa surrounds.

Anyway, I really like the Yamaha 430.  Owned several Japan made Yamaha amps and Recievers and satisfied with it.

Thanks.

Offline Hamann

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Jul 12, 2002 at 03:17 PM »
I had previously owned the Denon 1602 before, and was using my brother's 2802 for a while. When I had to go back to the 1602, there was not much of a difference, so I was thinking of upgrading it to the 3802, which I auditioned at The Home Theater c/o Sonny Tuason. He was kind enough to lend it to me for a home audition, and I was astounded by the difference the 1602 and 2802 had from the 3802.

I returned it to him knowing that this was the amp I was going to get. But while we were talking he suggested that I also check out the AVC10SE (parallel to the 5800 line).

When it did arrive, I was surprised at the size of this thing. Sonny wasn't kidding when he told me it was a mammoth amp :) This thing weighs close to fifty pounds and it wasn't easy transporting this thing.

Nevertheless, as soon as I went through the plethora of menus and hooked it up to my system, I was immediately taken aback by how it performed. While I was waiting for it to arrive, I had read a number of reviews on magazines and the Internet extensively so I had high expectations for this amp. What was so suprising was that it even exceeded my expectations. For the number of movies, CD's and SACD's that I listened to, every aspect was just so much better. The 1602 suddenly sounded underpowered and thin-sounding while the AVC10SE had such a full output, especially with the mids and highs. The details that came out were particularly overwhelming as I could not believe these were the same songs I was listening to numerous times before. A couple of my friends who were strict followers of tube amps particularly liked how well it performed in music modes as it reproduced recordings so meticulously.  This amp performs so well in movies even without using its THX EX mode, and is just phenomenal in music. No wonder a number of magazines called it the AV amp of the year and placed it at the top of the heap against all other brands which included Onkyo, Yamaha, Pioneer, Arcam, Nad, etc.

The best part is, it's virtually future proof. It's ready for formats such as 7.1 for DTS, DD, and THX, and there's no shortage of power either.

Thanks to Sonny Tuason of for recommending this amp :)It’s something I’d definitely recommend to anybody also :)

Offline luther

• Collector
  • protegetech.org rav4world.com tsikot.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Jul 12, 2002 at 04:02 PM »
Hamann, anong brand yung sinasabi mong receiver? sowwy, medyo newbie me.

sa presyo rin cguro nyan pamatay... hehehe... kasing presyo na siguro ng tsikot ko...  ::)

Offline Hamann

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Jul 12, 2002 at 05:02 PM »
Oops sorry. Denon AVC10SE  ;D

Offline madrigal

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Jul 13, 2002 at 09:14 AM »
To Hamann,

How much is that Denon avc10se?

Did you buy it?  

Can you sell the 1602 to me at a fair price since you upgraded to the new avc10se?
txt at 0919-594-1655

thanks..

Offline Hamann

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Jul 17, 2002 at 10:48 AM »
Yup, I bought the AVC10SE. I'm not sure if I can publish the rates here though. Just ask Sonny and I'm sure he'll give you a very good price too :)

As for the 1602, well someone already told me he's getting it, but he hasn't paid yet. If he doesn't then I'll definitely let you know.

Offline Rnold

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Jul 19, 2002 at 10:09 AM »
hi, ok ba ang heybrook na hbc1 na center speaker? it's currently on sale at sound dimension eh?

how do you also match your front and center speakers with your a/v receiver?

thanks for any inputs and goodluck for me in this new hobby :) gastos na naman ;-)

Offline ariel

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Jul 19, 2002 at 12:45 PM »
rnold, speaker brands usually have a "set" that are tonally match with each other for HT and multi-channel music use. i cannot comment on heybrooke speakers but it will be better for a center speaker to be the same brand as your mains.

Offline Rnold

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Jul 19, 2002 at 01:01 PM »

rnold, speaker brands usually have a "set" that are tonally match with each other for HT and multi-channel music use. i cannot comment on heybrooke speakers but it will be better for a center speaker to be the same brand as your mains.

thanks, ariel for the input!

is there so much difference between the lcr3 and lcr6? what amps usually works best for b&w speakers?

Offline Rnold

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Jul 19, 2002 at 05:56 PM »
guys! i have a HT in a box by Kenwood and will be disposing it soon. i bought a b&w lcr60 s3 center speaker first for my HT setup  :). i'm confused of what a/v receiver to get  ???. i'm thinking between a denon or yamaha and my budget is no more than 25k  ::). should i also get the same brands for the front? i think i prefer the bookshelf types. need your inputs and advise  :D. thanks!

Offline hyperaudio

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Jul 19, 2002 at 10:14 PM »
since you started with the b&w lcr60s3, you might as well get the 601 or 602s3 for the fronts and the 600s3 for the rear/surround. the onkyo dts-es tx-sr600 is right on your budget. for a very good deal on the speakers and the onkyo receiver contact me at 0917-9761009.

Offline jedi rey

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Jul 21, 2002 at 09:21 AM »
Hi Guys,

I am scouting for a new av receiver.  So far, I've gotten information via internet on the following:
1.  Yamaha 430, 530, 630
2.  Denon 1602, 1802, 2802
3.  Onkyo 500, 600

I haven't seen any of these in action.  Can you help me decide which to buy?

Thanks!

Jedi Rey

Offline Jick

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Jul 22, 2002 at 01:23 AM »

Hi Guys,

I am scouting for a new av receiver.  So far, I've gotten information via internet on the following:
1.  Yamaha 430, 530, 630
2.  Denon 1602, 1802, 2802
3.  Onkyo 500, 600

I haven't seen any of these in action.  Can you help me decide which to buy?

Thanks!

Jedi Rey

The latest issue of WhatHiFi has the Yamaha RX-V430 at 5 stars.  I also own an RX-V430.

However, the Asian versions are 10 watts less than the US and European versions - so I am not sure if it would be the same unit actually reviewed.  

Whathfi has also remarked that the RX-V430 performs up to par with music, but my experiences differ.  I don't like the music performance so much of the RX-V430 but there are many DSP features that are useful, and the remote is programmable with other brands so you can have one remote which I think is quite convenient.  Actually, the remote of the Asian version looks much better than the European version in the Whathifi review.  Aside from the remote and the black color of the European version, both players look identical in the front.  In the back, the inputs are identically positioned, but the binding posts of the European version looks better.  

I have no experience with the Denon 1602 but if you can wait, I will be visiting my friend in Cebu with a Denon 1602 this September and I can give you a comparision.  But I doubt you can wait.  ;)

Hope this helps.

Jovi
2 Channel Setup Only:
KEF LS50
REL T-9 Sub
Oppo 103D
NAD C340 Preouts
Emotiva XPA-200

Offline madrigal

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Jul 22, 2002 at 06:33 AM »
Hello,
  Just bought a new reciever.

My choices were exacltly like yours.  Budget of 28t below.
Took me 2 months to hear all the units and this is my conclusion
1) denon 1602 ---- ugly gold casing.  Mediocre performance.  Rated low by hifi magazines.
2) Yam 430 ---- If it gets broken, it will wait in dpsi for 2-3 months since they are incompetent in servicing the unit.
                I don't like the sound of a yamaha.  
3) Onkyo 500-600 ----  Hate the brand. Feels like a souped up pioneer.

Finally bought a unit. ........Harman Kardon AVR 4000.  

Try listening to it.   Di ka na maghahanap pa ng iba.  

Offline Rnold

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Jul 22, 2002 at 08:06 AM »
hi guys  :)

need your inputs for the following a/v receivers

1.) Denon AVR-1603 - mayroon na ba available dito
2.) Yamaha RX-V630
3.) Harman Kardon AVR 2550 - mayroon na ba available dito
4.) Onkyo TX-SR600

i'll use it for both music and theater listening

this a/v receivers will be paired with B&W LCR 601 S3 front and LCR 60 S3 center speakers

Offline Sen.Almondski

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Jul 22, 2002 at 04:54 PM »

Finally bought a unit. ........Harman Kardon AVR 4000.  

Try listening to it.   Di ka na maghahanap pa ng iba.  

I actually tried listening to this receiver but likewise as other enthusiast said, i also found it good with a blockbuster action movies, but not with my favorite solo piano & smooth jazz music CD's.  ;)

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Jul 26, 2002 at 12:39 AM »
Reposting

What kind of front and center speakers would you guys recommend for an Onkyo 696? ;D

Offline Hamann

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Jul 31, 2002 at 04:56 PM »
Exactly. Harman Kardon is good, but in terms of musicality and overall features and performance, cannot touch the Denons and Marantz