Author Topic: more than 6hrs of usage for an lcd or plasma ...bad?  (Read 1075 times)

Offline 3kings

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
more than 6hrs of usage for an lcd or plasma ...bad?
« on: Nov 05, 2006 at 09:03 PM »
i am currently shopping for my first flat screen tv. ive been around metro manila in search of a good deal lcd or plasma tv.

now just a couple of hours ago i met a salesguy from automatic center saying that using Continously an lcd or plasma tv more than 6 hours a day shortens the life of the unit. dahil daw madaling uminit or what ang unit.

is there any truth about this claim?

your inputs are highly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Offline el-el

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: more than 6hrs of usage for an lcd or plasma ...bad?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 09:59 PM »
kalokohan...... kasama sa design yan ng electrical/electronic appliances na even with continuous use (under normal operating conditions) there wouldn't be such thing as overheat or anything that will shorten its life. Minsan, mas masama nga pa ngang di ginagamit keysa sa gamit na gamit.

mas madaling masira nag plasma/LCD pag patay-sindi....  :o

obviously, those people who told you such info doesn't know what they're saying....  :P

Offline YrNeH

• DVD Addict
  • Shalom! maging payapa...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 04:11 AM »
ang masama lang e malakas ang kunsumo ng kuryente at tataas ang bill mo :P

Offline motion55

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 09:56 AM »
I don't know about plasma TVs. That could be the source of this but LCD manufacturers are more confident now to quote lifespan numbers for the LCD panel to 60,000 hrs. Assuming 10 hrs per day usage that's more than 16years life. Of course the other parts of the LCDTV have similar lifespans to your old CRT TV and depending upon the brand, they should last as long.

I assume I would be able to enjoy my LCDTV for around 5 years and I don't limit its usage. By that time, much better models should be available. Maybe it should have a digital HDTV tuner by that time.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 02:03 PM »
Plasmas were first created for industrial use before they came to be for home use, same as power steering was first made for trucks.

To think that the manufacturers charging so much for the initial plasma's & that they did not consider that these TV's will be used for more than 6 hrs at a time in an industrial/ commercial setting would be illogical.