Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 56072 times)

Offline X44

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Heroes
« Reply #480 on: Nov 16, 2007 at 08:46 PM »
Of course, before Episode 8 was aired it was all just theories  ;D

Yeah and he already appeared at the end of Episode 7. Him cropping up  in Episode 8 should be a given, I would think.

Good, then. Akala ko, may nagpakita pang nakakagulat sa episode 8 at na-spoil na ko.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2007 at 08:48 PM by X44 »

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #481 on: Nov 16, 2007 at 09:36 PM »
If you read IMDb message boards, this isn't a surprise anymore cause a lot of fanboys have predicted this already. Of course, before Episode 8 7 was aired it was all just theories  ;D

Oops, sorry my mistake. Should be Episode 7  ;)

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #482 on: Nov 20, 2007 at 06:31 PM »
Wow!  Great episode!  Better than episodes 7 and 8!

Best so far!!!

Offline et414

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #483 on: Nov 20, 2007 at 07:17 PM »
the series is starting to pick up! the series really should have started at episode 7

Offline pjayg

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • I am the Nocturnal Prince!
  • Liked:
« Reply #484 on: Nov 20, 2007 at 07:53 PM »
i agree!

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #485 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 11:12 AM »

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #486 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 07:18 PM »
yep!! ang ganda nga!!  :o :o very dramatic!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #487 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 08:53 PM »
Wow, this week's episode RULES!

I take back 95% of my criticism of this season earlier in this thread.  ;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #488 on: Nov 22, 2007 at 02:21 PM »
It's amazing how they (whoever wrote a particular episode) manage us to shift our sympathies from one character to another. I mean, the uncertainty of a character's loyalty, makes you empathize with him/her even if at one point you'd feel totally against them.

The previous' one of the best I've seen of a Heroes episode, and although a diversion from the usual "Save the World" storyline. I'm just wondering how they will wrap this one up.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
« Reply #489 on: Nov 22, 2007 at 02:32 PM »
I mean limited physical contact  ;D  I guess that's why she likes Peter since he can heal. BTW, she's still not totally in control of her power, right? Or did she electrocute Peter on purpose during their kissing scene?

Yup, that was on purpose. She's a sociopath, remember? :) She gets her kicks out of inflicting pain.

This week's episode was awesome. The writers outdid themselves in basically tying up most of the loose ends in one very tight narrative. You know that you're watching a well written episode when it feels more than just an hour and yet you don't ever get bored.

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #490 on: Nov 22, 2007 at 04:55 PM »
Yup, that was on purpose. She's a sociopath, remember? :) She gets her kicks out of inflicting pain.

Yes Darth Veronica is a crazy one. She probably has an emotional age of 12 with major daddy issues. The episode contained one scene of hers that's etched in my brain at the moment: Elle all tied up and wet. If it were up to me she should have been wearing a bathing suit. Too bad it was a couple of scenes early. Hehe  ;D

Somewhat funny comment I read on AVclub, Ms. Bell's character is named Elle as in Elle-ctricity. Hehe  :) There's also speculation that Bob isn't her biological father...
This week's episode was awesome. The writers outdid themselves in basically tying up most of the loose ends in one very tight narrative. You know that you're watching a well written episode when it feels more than just an hour and yet you don't ever get bored.

That's writer and not writers. This week's episode was written by Joe Pokaski who also was responsible for "Fallout" and "Five Years Gone" from last season. Here's what producer/director Greg Beeman's take:

I don’t know how old Joe is, but he seems young to me (of course “young” seems to be moving upwards every year.) He is super enthusiastic and collaborative – but mostly I think he “gets” HEROES, as well as anyone. So far he has written three episodes of the show: “FALLOUT,” and “5 YEARS GONE,” from last season - And now this one. What’s noteable about all three of those is, not just that they all turned out great, but that, other than for budgetary reasons, none of them were extensively re-written from the first draft. That is an extremely good thing. Sometimes, when we get a script (usually 10 days or so before we start shooting it) they are troubled. There have definitely been “all hands on deck” preps for some episodes, and that can really divert energy that is needed elsewhere. But Joe’s shows have uniformly come out of the gate both creatively satisfying and shootable.
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2007 at 08:10 PM by dobler »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #491 on: Nov 22, 2007 at 07:58 PM »
.....this scenario also got me thinking....

Did Suresh intentionally shoot Noah in the eye so that he(my assumption) can revive Noah later by using Claire's blood?

...at the end we see Noah in a sort of stockroom.  I assume he was hidden there on purpose.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
« Reply #492 on: Nov 22, 2007 at 08:44 PM »
Thanks for that info, Dobler. Ever since reading the writing process for Heroes I have assumed that all of the episodes are written by a pool of writers.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #493 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 03:25 AM »
I still can't believe Mohinder killed Noah just to save Bob?!? Sorry, I'm still in shock right now  ;D But I know... No Bob, no Company. No Company, no funds for the cure.

And anybody here thinks that Adam and Peter saved Noah, not Mohinder?

Or maybe even Elle just to get even with Bob. But it's still too early though to get even with dad as she hasn't even cleared anything yet. But looking at her on the last episode, she looks like she'll change sides, and maybe join Peter  ;)

Anyhow, if that's Claire's blood, does that mean she's also immortal like Adam? Poor Niki won't have a single drop left  ;D

And what's too dangerous with Adam anyway?
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2007 at 03:28 AM by RNIverson »

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #494 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 06:05 AM »
Here's what I thought:

I think Suresh killed Bennet merely to fulfill what was in the painting. Both of them knew that anyway. The only thing missing would be the circumstance (which the episode gladly bequeathed us). Hence, the whole handoff was predestined by Isaac Mendez's prophecy.

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #495 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 10:44 AM »
Cautionary Tales -  - -7 out of 10. I think Heroes started to improve as soon as  they bought Hiro back to the present. Liked it when he met his younger self at his mother's funeral.

Wondered why Elle didn't put up a fight on the way to meeting up with Mohinder and Bob when she was all dry and dressed and could use her Electrawoman powers. Hmmmm.

Or why she tried it out while her feet were dipped in water when she very well knew what effect it would have on her  - - -elementary science. Besides, she was at a pool earlier unless she didn't go swimming. I guess that was just Tim Kring spoonfeeding his audience lest some tool would wonder why she had her feet in a tub. The effect was Ok but unnecessary  - - -a nit.

Last scene was a few notches shy but almost up there with the scene from Season 1 when Claire woke up on an autopsy slab. Obviously, Claire and Adam Monroe have the same powers. This season's big theme,after all, has been duplicating powers.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2007 at 10:47 AM by X44 »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #496 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 11:06 AM »
Wondered why Elle didn't put up a fight on the way to meeting up with Mohinder and Bob when she was all dry and dressed and could use her Electrawoman powers. Hmmmm.

Elle would've been killed easily by HRG, she knew what he's capable of. She can escape, but not enough time to fight back.

And she's probably having doubts with her father already.

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #497 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 11:29 AM »
Elle would've been killed easily by HRG, she knew what he's capable of. She can escape, but not enough time to fight back.

And she's probably having doubts with her father already.

A stretch but probable although I think she could've escaped if she wanted to, after all she managed to pick off two people flying miles away from her with just a quick, single blast, what's two guys in a car. Just wished they came up with a more clever way of restraining her. I thought dipping her feet in water and dousing her was rather interesting.

Who's HRG?
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2007 at 11:32 AM by X44 »

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #498 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 11:59 AM »
Elle's incapacity could probably be because she was bound. But then, she could've easily shred the knots like how she blasted that poor lemonade at the poolside...

HRG is Bennet, X. It's an acronym for Horn Rimmed Glasses.

The ending was reminiscent of the Claire autopsy, but the big question is keeping Bennet alive. If both Bob and Suresh knew that he is capable of bringing down the Company, why the reanimation?

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #499 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 12:09 PM »
The ending was reminiscent of the Claire autopsy, but the big question is keeping Bennet alive. If both Bob and Suresh knew that he is capable of bringing down the Company, why the reanimation?

I don't think Bob would resurrect him. If it's Suresh, could be because of his guilt. Or Elle might want to know more about her childhood, and get even with daddy. And we also have Adam and Peter, who need his influence to destroy the Company.

BTW, anyone else thought/hoped Peter was Kaito's killer?

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #500 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 12:21 PM »
I don't think Adam Monroe and Spongebob Petrelli know of Bennet's existence. Even if they do, they are powerful enough to take the Company. And that makes Bennet expendable to the show, unless Jack Coleman's getting fat paychecks to remain for a few more seasons...

Well, I would've hoped Spongebob's the culprit. But that would take him off the conformities. The good guy turns bad and Sylar, vice-versa. That would be jumping the shark too soon.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #501 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 12:42 PM »
Spongebob  ;D ;D ;D

Peter may not, but Adam might've been visited by HRG. But them saving him is too much thinking already. So besides his immortality, what could be Adam's other powers that make him oh so powerful that the Company is afraid of. I wonder if a bullet in the head can't even kill him  ;)

Also, with this episode's finale, viewers should no longer be afraid of their favorite characters dying.  :-\

BTW, any news on the strike?

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #502 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 01:04 PM »
If Claire's blood can regenerate the large hole in what was Bennet's eyeball, and if they have the same ability as that of Adam, then maybe even a slug in the skull wouldn't do much good to snuff him (Monroe) for good. What I'm thinking is Claire and Monroe's genetic makeup. Having similar powers could have consanguinary reasons---but I could be wrong, though.

Not much news re: WGA strike. Said that negotiations will resume next week.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2007 at 01:04 PM by wedge »

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #503 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 01:29 PM »
Elle's incapacity could probably be because she was bound. But then, she could've easily shred the knots like how she blasted that poor lemonade at the poolside...

Mismo. Big lapse there, in my book. And one that could've been remedied without fuss.

HRG is Bennet, X. It's an acronym for Horn Rimmed Glasses.

Oops. Sorry bout that. Don't keep up with codes. :)

Perfectly fine with having Bob or Suresh behind the re-animation . . .no lapse there if that's what happened. I'm thinking Noah . . este, HRG ;D . . .is now a prisoner of the Company.

Having Petrelli or Adam behind the resurrection would be a bit more preposterous/ridiculous/contrived. Jump the shark there if that happens.

Oh, and if Adam has the same powers as Claire, then he has a sort of weakness. It's been belabored enough times in the first season.

Just a thought, though, did Adam go through his life in ancient Japan not getting even a scratch? I mean he only became aware of his healing powers after  he met Hiro and he must've been  in his mid20s at least. Hopefully, there's something in the wings to explain this.

And  . . .uh, people with healing powers . . .don't get drunk.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2007 at 01:37 PM by X44 »

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #504 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 03:31 PM »
sana  they waited at least one episode before they resurrected noah. para ma-share naman namin ang pain ni claire.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #505 on: Nov 24, 2007 at 09:40 AM »
Anyone keeping up with Heroes Unmasked? There's 18 now. Worth acquiring?

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #506 on: Nov 24, 2007 at 11:05 AM »
sana  they waited at least one episode before they resurrected noah. para ma-share naman namin ang pain ni claire.

i actually liked it the way it was.  mas lalong bitin nga kung ganun...kasi mapapa "What the...!" ka!!!!

Offline kings5504

• DVD Guru
  • Rock Band Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #507 on: Nov 24, 2007 at 09:43 PM »
I actually liked Noah's "Holy sh--" -- CUT/END SCENE, which is exactly the same as Claire's reaction when she found herself all opened up in an autopsy table in Season 1!
The war is over...  Now bring on the classics on HD!

Offline hotrod

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Yippie-kay-yay!
  • Liked:
« Reply #508 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 08:46 AM »
Hmmm, last night's episode is not as good as the last one. It's neither good nor bad.  Hopefully the final episode will make up for it.
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2007 at 08:47 AM by hotrod »

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #509 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 01:09 PM »
Oh yeah. I was disappointed with Truth and Consequences.

Although I understand the urgency of the situation brought by the writer's strike (early finale), but I think it is not an excuse to speed up the development of the storyline and leave gaping holes in the plot.