Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 56067 times)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: Heroes
« Reply #600 on: Oct 23, 2008 at 11:53 PM »
Looking forward to a Peter + Sylar vs Arthur showdown!!!  8)

Father vs. Sons.....cool!!!!

Offline pendrell

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #601 on: Oct 25, 2008 at 06:30 PM »
Not getting out of the rut yet that was season 2?  Entertainment Weekly's cover story next week calls the latest season of "Heroes" a series in crisis!  (I wonder if Tim Kring would apologize for this again.)

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #602 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 01:20 PM »
I actually agree with Entertainment Weekly's article--this season has been meh so far...it's like the X-Men, too many characters and not an ounce of character development. And those time travel plotlines---enough already!

Here's the link to the full article.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #603 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 12:33 PM »
Big shakeup on the staff of NBC's "Heroes" came down on Sunday with the axing of co-exec producers Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb.

Both scribe-producers had been with the show since its first season and were known to have led the day-to-day production operation under the direction of creator/exec producer Tim Kring.

"Heroes," produced by Universal Media Studios, has struggled in the ratings its third season. It's understood that Alexander and Loeb were let go because of Peacock execs' frustration with the creative direction of the show. The show is also said to have been grappling with hefty budget overruns this season, that are going well beyond its already sizable $4 million per-seg pricetag.

Reps for NBC and UMS declined comment.

Source: Variety.com
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #604 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 03:55 PM »
Wow, Loeb's gone.

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #605 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 04:29 PM »
Oh my god. That means Loeb now has time to write all those truly awful comics he's been writing lately.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #606 on: Nov 08, 2008 at 09:59 AM »
And their replacement just might be...

'Pushing Daisies' creator Bryan Fuller says he might return to 'Heroes'
by Lynette Rice

In the wake of coexecutive producers Jeph Loeb and Jesse Alexander getting fired from Heroes, online fans have been crying out for former Heroes writer (and Pushing Daisies creator) Bryan Fuller to rejoin the show. Apparently, somebody is listening. Fuller told EW.com that he's open to a comeback. "I am exclusive to Daisies through the delivery of the 13th episode of our 13-episode order, which will be mid-January," says Fuller. "If Daisies isn't picked up by then, I will definitely be going back to play with my friends at Heroes."

It seems unlikely that ABC will pick up more episodes of the critically-beloved Daisies; the show is currently ranked at No. 64 and attracts a mere 6.14 million viewers. NBC-Universal could score major points with its ever-impatient fans if the network rehired Fuller, who not only wrote for Heroes in its first season but was responsible for "Company Man" — an episode widely hailed as the series' best single hour (the episode's unusual single-character focus is frequently cited as the model the series should follow going forward).

An insider tells EW that it's unlikely Alexander and Loeb — who, by many accounts, have served as defacto show runners whenever creator Tim Kring was preoccupied with other aspects of the show's complicated production schedule — will be replaced this season. If Fuller were to rejoin Heroes, it would likely be as a consultant since his value as a show creator is big in Hollywood. Besides Daisies, Fuller is responsible for creating Dead Like Me for Showtime and the critically-beloved Wonderfalls for Fox. Stay tuned.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #607 on: Nov 12, 2008 at 09:42 AM »
The latest episode is by far the best this season as they explained things that happened a year ago.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #608 on: Nov 19, 2008 at 04:00 PM »
also the 9th episode...

showdown is near!

Offline et414

• DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #609 on: Nov 19, 2008 at 07:44 PM »
this show is getting cornier by the episode. nakakainis yung ginawa nila kay hiro. where is the astig Hiro who came from the future to change time in season one? instead of making him cooler, they make him a retard!

Offline vin_314

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #610 on: Nov 20, 2008 at 06:16 AM »
i wonder what hiro is gonna do on the showdown with his recent mindset  ;D

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #611 on: Nov 20, 2008 at 07:45 PM »
this show is getting cornier by the episode. nakakainis yung ginawa nila kay hiro. where is the astig Hiro who came from the future to change time in season one? instead of making him cooler, they make him a retard!

mismo! you forgot to mention his sword and greater command of english. hehe...

Offline pjayg

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • I am the Nocturnal Prince!
  • Liked:
« Reply #612 on: Nov 20, 2008 at 08:00 PM »
i agree

but i can't wait for the heroes vs villains scenes (ala-tekken kaya?)....hope i don't get disappointed

Offline Ctlim

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #613 on: Nov 20, 2008 at 09:51 PM »
ok parin!!! hehehehe ;D

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #614 on: Nov 27, 2008 at 11:48 PM »
Okay ang eclipse sa Heroes universe, it can cover a whole continent, hehe.

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #615 on: Nov 28, 2008 at 07:14 AM »
Hopefully this mid-point makes the other half of the current season more interesting. These people don't have a life anymore, they just go around the world to see what their powers can solve. In S1 there used to be a nurse, a cheerleader, an office drone, an aspiring politician, a policeman, etc... where'd all these people go!? :P

Offline Huddaf

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #616 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 10:28 AM »
Haaay, no episode update for this week. Next week pa!  :(

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #617 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 11:21 AM »
^^are you talking about Episode 12? It's already available.

One thing I can say about Heroes is that at least it's consistent--consistently disappointing.

There were good moments in Ep 12 involving Claire & Hiro, but once again the episode falls flat towards the end. Oh, and Peter's still an idiot. They really need to kill off some characters here for good. 

Offline Huddaf

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #618 on: Dec 11, 2008 at 01:56 AM »
^^are you talking about Episode 12? It's already available.

One thing I can say about Heroes is that at least it's consistent--consistently disappointing.

There were good moments in Ep 12 involving Claire & Hiro, but once again the episode falls flat towards the end. Oh, and Peter's still an idiot. They really need to kill off some characters here for good. 

Aw yeah. I usually download the latest episode every Tuesday. Apparently, there was no update on this episode but the recaps are already available online. Lemme check em out tomorrow. hmmm. how did i miss this?  :(

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #619 on: Dec 11, 2008 at 07:28 PM »

Tell that to the fans who worship at its altar. Heroes is like the new god of series TV, it seems. No matter how bad it gets, the love just increases. I gave  up downloading after three episodes. Only wanted to see Marlo and Bubba from The Wire. What a dumb show this has turned into.
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2008 at 07:29 PM by X44 »

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #620 on: Dec 12, 2008 at 09:18 AM »
Jezuz! Shades of Captain America now with the super serum? The only thing to like now is that Sylar's turned bad again.

Offline Huddaf

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #621 on: Dec 13, 2008 at 06:54 AM »
Well, until Peter get his power back...  :)

Offline Huddaf

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #622 on: Dec 13, 2008 at 06:55 AM »
Well, until Peter get his power back...  :)

Will he? now that his father is dead?  ??? Abangan ang susunod na kabanata!!!  :D

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #623 on: Dec 13, 2008 at 08:45 AM »
^ You're like Ali Larter in the first season of Heroes, Hudaf. Kulang na lang mirror. LOL  ;D

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #624 on: Dec 13, 2008 at 02:04 PM »
Super disappointing na talaga yung Heroes. The first two episodes of this season looked like it was going somewhere interesting but then they drop the ball again. And now they can't blame any kind of strike for the dip in quality. There are just so many missteps and they can't seem to find the courage to permanently kill off useless characters or actors -- like Ali Larter for example. You remove her stupid schizo character and replace it with an even stupider one. Then you go all freudian with Sylar only to prematurely end his saga by turning him bad again for less than what, four episodes?

And don't get me started on Hiro.
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2008 at 07:48 PM by indie boy »

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #625 on: Dec 13, 2008 at 03:31 PM »
Agree,agree.

The hardcore fan tolerance  - - and worship - - - sometimes makes my jaw drop. It's almost heroic. Almost. But more sad.

For the first time in my entire life consuming his work, I actually miss the presence of Jeph Loeb. I might be a little wary that Fuller's pronouncements are so much hype but to be wary is to care and I frankly don't care about this show anymore. One off my list, for sure. Should free up more space for No Heroics.

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #626 on: Dec 13, 2008 at 05:32 PM »
Should free up more space for No Heroics.

Panalo 'to pre! The Hotness! Hehe...

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #627 on: Dec 14, 2008 at 07:23 AM »
Mas ok pa nga. Unfortunately, non-US shows are hardly given attention to in these parts. :(

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #628 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 09:47 PM »
Episode 13 marks the end of Volume 3 ("Villains") and the beginning of Volume 4 ("Fugitives"). As always with every episode of this season, episode 13 can be summed up in one word: Meh.

With its declining ratings, NBC has scheduled Heroes for a return in February 2009 (probably to overhaul everything...or maybe not). Someone, anyone, please kill off the stupid Petrelli Brothers--include Suresh, Ali Larter's character and her other, still unshown character (she's supposedly playing triplets).

Heroes in concentration camps? Looks like it's Days of Future Past rip-off time. With Worf as the President of the USA  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2008 at 09:53 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #629 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 11:00 PM »
OK nga yung No Heroics. Talaga bang 6 episodes lang sya? This type of show pwede ma pick-up ng JackTV.