Author Topic: Wharfedale Evo Series  (Read 28386 times)

Offline bhongskie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wharfedale Evo Series
« Reply #30 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 04:11 PM »
hey sanmig and alex, are you guys going to spectra tomorrow? I'm planning to go as well to audition the evo 30 and 40.  Would be nice if we can meet up para maganda ang audition, at least may exchange of views. ;)

what time are you guys going?  I'll be there around late afternoon

Offline alexg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #31 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 04:34 PM »
Yes, sanmig and I will be at spectra tomorrow, early morning, a bit past 10:00 am, the hifi show after lunch.

It would be nice if you can make it at that time.

Thanks.

hey sanmig and alex, are you guys going to spectra tomorrow? I'm planning to go as well to audition the evo 30 and 40.  Would be nice if we can meet up para maganda ang audition, at least may exchange of views. ;)

what time are you guys going?  I'll be there around late afternoon
I went fishing the other day, and I caught a BIG ONE!

Offline sanmig_ph

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Sarap Magbago....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #32 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 05:09 PM »
Yes, sanmig and I will be at spectra tomorrow, early morning, a bit past 10:00 am, the hifi show after lunch.

It would be nice if you can make it at that time.

Thanks.

ok 10 a.m audition natin,then after lunch hi fi show :D
He always provides!  and He always does when you least expect it!

Offline bhongskie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 05:53 PM »
ok.  I'll try to catch you guys at 10am sa spectra.  I'll be at the hi-fi show on sunday pa.

Offline classicman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 07:06 PM »
whoa :o......am glad there's a sudden surge of interest on the evos, IMO they're one of the best 'bang for the bucks' speakers out there, sulit na sulit talaga :D

Offline alexg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 07:21 PM »
Classicman,

What are you using to drive your EVO 30?

I was reading your thread on your setup, when I started this thread.

whoa :o......am glad there's a sudden surge of interest on the evos, IMO they're one of the best 'bang for the bucks' speakers out there, sulit na sulit talaga :D

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 07:32 PM »
Classicman,

What are you using to drive your EVO 30?

I was reading your thread on your setup, when I started this thread.

alex,

am driving them w/ a NAD PA2600 power amp. (150 watts X 2 ch.), a NAD C320BEE Integrated Amp. acting as my pre-amp. and alternately w/ a NAD C520BEE cdp or a Rotel RCD-1072 cdp as my sources 8)
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2006 at 07:33 PM by classicman »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 07:43 PM »
here's a link to reviews on the Evo 30 by actual owners/users:

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/wharfedale/PRD_300132_1594crx.aspx

good luck & happy auditioning 8)

Offline alexg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 08:04 PM »
Classicman,

I think your setup would sound better with the EVO 40.

I can pick up your EVO 30 from Cebu (give you a good price for it), we can meet at sotokil!!!!  ;D

Hehehehehe..... joke lang.

Thanks,

Alex

alex,

am driving them w/ a NAD PA2600 power amp. (150 watts X 2 ch.), a NAD C320BEE Integrated Amp. acting as my pre-amp. and alternately w/ a NAD C520BEE cdp or a Rotel RCD-1072 cdp as my sources 8)

Offline Zitr0

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 09:22 AM »
These are really great speakers!

But sa mga bossing natin, ano ano ba ang ka level nito?

B&W 600series?
MA Bronze series? ect...
"NO SPEAKER IS MADE PERFECT, YOUR "EARS" MAKE A SPEAKER PERFECT!"

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 09:54 AM »
There have been so many rave reviews on the net on the diamond and evo series and many are saying their performance rivals those of many speakers costing TWICE.  And they were talking about MSRP that are nowhere near as cheap as their local prices.   So if I base it on that alone, speakers costing at least twice locally should have little or no real advantage over them.  But....subjective listening is entirely another and the psychological impact of higher price tags often have a way of enhancing subjective perceptions.   ;D

It's really difficult to gauge the quality of some items based on price tags, or to group them in the same league.  The accident of origin,  importation taxes and distributor mark-ups influence market prices.  So what speakers are at par with the Evo30?  Plenty if you base it on prices on the net.  In fact, many costing more than the Evo30 locally are cheaper in another part of the globe or the net.

http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/ctl/do/drilldown~122301-~pg-5

Based on that Kelkoo site, the Monitor Audio Bronze B4 is listed even cheaper than the Evo 30 at the British audiovisual Kelkoo site(L260 vs L650 for the evo), so is the Mission M35 (L350), the KEF Q7 audaciously priced above 50k at Sound Dimension when they had it is cheaper than the Evo30 by L50.  The Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo30 is only L270.  The Dynaudio Audience 52 has the same list price as the Evo30.  I may not be updated with local prices of these but I had the impression the models I mentioned are more expensive locally than many wharfedale models, could be wrong.   Just my observation when browsing speaker prices on the net.  Ofcourse,  comparative audition is entirely another matter.    ;D

« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2006 at 11:12 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #41 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 12:30 PM »
These are really great speakers!

But sa mga bossing natin, ano ano ba ang ka level nito?

B&W 600series?
MA Bronze series? ect...

maybe classicman can throw his 2 cents on this. he owns a b&w602s3 and an evo30.

sir leo, kahit brief review lang po on each speaker when used in AUDIO and HT.

Offline Zitr0

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 12:44 PM »
There have been so many rave reviews on the net on the diamond and evo series and many are saying their performance rivals those of many speakers costing TWICE.  And they were talking about MSRP that are nowhere near as cheap as their local prices.   So if I base it on that alone, speakers costing at least twice locally should have little or no real advantage over them.  But....subjective listening is entirely another and the psychological impact of higher price tags often have a way of enhancing subjective perceptions.   ;D

It's really difficult to gauge the quality of some items based on price tags, or to group them in the same league.  The accident of origin, importation taxes and distributor mark-ups influence market prices.  So what speakers are at par with the Evo30?  Plenty if you base it on prices on the net.  In fact, many costing more than the Evo30 locally are cheaper in another part of the globe or the net.

http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/ctl/do/drilldown~122301-~pg-5

Based on that Kelkoo site, the Monitor Audio Bronze B4 is listed even cheaper than the Evo 30 at the British audiovisual Kelkoo site(L260 vs L650 for the evo), so is the Mission M35 (L350), the KEF Q7 audaciously priced above 50k at Sound Dimension when they had it is cheaper than the Evo30 by L50.  The Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo30 is only L270.  The Dynaudio Audience 52 has the same list price as the Evo30.  I may not be updated with local prices of these but I had the impression the models I mentioned are more expensive locally than many wharfedale models, could be wrong.   Just my observation when browsing speaker prices on the net.  Ofcourse,  comparative audition is entirely another matter.    ;D

Ur right about this one sir and thanks! Pro sana makapag post nga si sir leo ng konting review para d2! Meron sya both, so maganda 2, same equipment, cables, source etc. speakers lang ang may pagkakaiba!
 Exciting to! :D
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2006 at 12:45 PM by ric999 »
"NO SPEAKER IS MADE PERFECT, YOUR "EARS" MAKE A SPEAKER PERFECT!"

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 03:17 PM »
maybe classicman can throw his 2 cents on this. he owns a b&w602s3 and an evo30.

May not be fair to compare the two,  The Evo30 is a floorstander, the 602 is a bookshelf.  The better comparison might be a 603. 

Here's a not so flattering review on the 603S2 from audioholics.  And I was surprised to note that at $999 MSRP, it was even cheaper than the Evo30.    Just within the same price range as the Diamond 9.5.  Really weird this pricing differences between countries.

http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/loudspeakers/faceoff2.php
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2006 at 03:32 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline alexg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 05:38 PM »
I just picked up a pair of the EVO 10 (rosewood) today and the break in starts. (Also, reserved an EVO Center, still comtemplating if I wanted to get the EVO 8 for surrounds).

Out of the box, is worth 4X more than what I paid for it.

The bass is very tight, the the mids are very clear and it is not as bright as  most speakers I have heard before. Of course, I am just listening to vocals and jazz.

Unlike some models I have auditioned that are very boomy, the EVO 10 have front ports, so it is really not too picky on placement.

I will break it in for a few days, and I will post my impressions.

BTW, I went to the HIFI show at the Mandarin and the price of the EVO 10 is about the same as a pair of 5 meter mid price speaker cables.  :o

Nice meeting you today, sanmig_ph.

You guys should check out the Q Acoustics speakers, for the price, it rocks!
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2006 at 05:44 PM by alexg »

Offline almirage

• Collector
  • Be Honest In Every Dealings That You Make!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 06:36 PM »
sir alexg,
how much kuha mo ng evo 10?how about yung evo 8 sir?thanks

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 08:40 PM »
I just picked up a pair of the EVO 10 (rosewood) today and the break in starts. (Also, reserved an EVO Center, still comtemplating if I wanted to get the EVO 8 for surrounds).

Out of the box, is worth 4X more than what I paid for it.

The bass is very tight, the the mids are very clear and it is not as bright as  most speakers I have heard before. Of course, I am just listening to vocals and jazz.

Unlike some models I have auditioned that are very boomy, the EVO 10 have front ports, so it is really not too picky on placement.

I will break it in for a few days, and I will post my impressions.

BTW, I went to the HIFI show at the Mandarin and the price of the EVO 10 is about the same as a pair of 5 meter mid price speaker cables.  :o

Nice meeting you today, sanmig_ph.

You guys should check out the Q Acoustics speakers, for the price, it rocks!

alex, congrats on your new toy, ang ganda nyan :o.......BTW, how much for the Evo Center & do they still have it in rosewood finish ba, am just toying w/ the idea kasi of completing an HT set-up around my Evo 30 ::)

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 09:12 PM »

Ur right about this one sir and thanks! Pro sana makapag post nga si sir leo ng konting review para d2! Meron sya both, so maganda 2, same equipment, cables, source etc. speakers lang ang may pagkakaiba!
 Exciting to! :D

actually, i did happen to conduct a 'shoot-out' & compare them inside my HT room that's acoustically treated & i posted my observation on the thread below, specifically reply nos. 345, 365 & 370:

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=50115.336

8)

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 09:21 PM »
WHARFEDEALE PACIFIC EVO 30 - GROUP TEST WINNER

Floor Fillers Wednesday, 9 July 2003

If you want your speakers to dig deeper into the bass and pile on the `power, floorstanders are the best way forward. We examine six .

The six towers in this test represent a significant stage in anyone's hi-fi system building. To sound their best, these proud- looking boxes demand quality source components, which means a minimum system cost of $1695, so it's natural to expect impressive performance from each of these big floorstanders.First impressions count, and when you cast your eyes on our six contenders you're likely to think 'big bass'. True, but what concerns us most is not the depth but the quality of bass on offer here.
Woolly low frequencies rob tunes of their 'drive' and songs wander along aimlessly. We want tight punch, plenty of kick and articulation and transparency. Are we asking too much? At this price bracket we don't think so - after all it's your hard-earned cash at stake here.
And like any purchase, there's also clear water between products that deliver and those that don't.

AAD E48 | $1695 |

For: Controlled presentation; tonal balance; build quality and slender design
Against: Sounds rather clinical; midrange lacks a little warmth
Verdict: Slick-looking and wellconstructed floorstanders that offer decent value for money, but struggle to keep up with standards set by newest rivals
These speakers are very skinny, and look as if they may topple over. But don't be fooled - with the aluminium feet attached and spikes screwed in, the 20kg E48s feel rock solid. This slender appearance is made possible by a side-firing bass driver, which leaves the midrange to a pair of 11.5cm units flanking a 'D'Appolito-style' silk-dome tweeter. Named after its developer, Joe D'Appolito, this configuration aims to tightly focus the tweeter's sonic output by reducing reflections from the floor and ceiling.
For best results we'd recommend biwiring the E48s and then toeing them in slightly.
Both stereo and multichannel aficionados will be impressed with the E48s' ability to maintain control at high volumes. The tonal balance is even and these sturdily built floorstanders keep a tight grip as the volume dial twists clockwise.
The overall presentation sounds slightly clinical. Vocals deserve more caring treatment and higher frequencies are on the bright side, and this causes problems during the orchestral crescendos of Vivaldi's Four Seasons. The biggest difficulty the E48s face is the quality of the competition. The class leaders offer a level of performance that these tall speakers can't match.
Distributor: Digital Audio Group (02) 9907 4684.

KEF Q5 | $1999 |

For: Crisp and articulate midrange; pleasing detail resolution; curved cabinet well made
Against: Bass doesn't match the precision higher up the frequency range
Verdict: The Q5s are good in parts, but are more suited to a home cinema role
These KEFs have the most interesting specification of this group. Although they're two-and-a-halfway designs, just like most of the competition, their curved-cabinet blue-print is shared only by the Wharfedales, and the Uni-Q driver is just what the name implies, unique.
KEF has worked for years developing the Uni-Q, which places a dome tweeter right in the middle of the mid/bass driver. The main advantage of this configuration is said to be improved dispersion characteristics, resulting in a wider stereo sweet spot than conventional driver arrangements usually manage.
The Q5s exhibit all the articulation and detail resolution that previous generations of Q models displayed, but add an extra dose of refinement at higher frequencies. These speakers are adept at capturing subtle inflection in the voice, and so deliver a full dose of emotion.
There's plenty of low-end power and authority, but the bass is a touch heavy handed. This is not enough to make the Q5s uncompetitive, but it does mean these speakers aren't the talented all-rounders that the spec sheet promises. We feel that they would serve better as part of a home cinema package rather than as a pair of dedicated stereo music speakers.
Distributor: Audio Works (02) 9930 3900.

Mission m53 | $1999 |

For: Lively and exciting performer with the right music; striking appearance
Against: Subtlety isn't high on the m53s' agenda; bass lacks agility
Verdict: Big and bold, but we wouldn't choose them for longterm listening
The heavily-contoured front baffle of these Missions makes a strong design statement, as does the drive unit array. Mission hasn't taken any shortcuts with build quality, and the finish is excellent, too. The drive unit array consists of twin 15cm mid/bass drivers flanking a 25mm soft-dome tweeter. The large units use an Aramid fibre cone, a material from the same family as Kevlar, and it's used in a sandwich configuration for extra rigidity in these speakers.
The m53s' deliver a dynamic performance, charging at the music full throttle, punching out bass with venom. High volumes are no problem either: everything is kept under control even when it gets too loud for comfort.
The speakers were best when they were positioned in free space, with a little toe-in and biwired. So far so good, but turn the volume down and spin Tori Amos's set and things aren't so good. The bass lacks agility and sounds cumbersome when asked to play anything that requires finesse. The other end of the frequency spectrum isn't served much better, as high frequencies sound powerful but fail to deliver the level of insight we'd expect.
The m53s are bit of a disappointment. The company can do so much better. So how about it, Mission?
Distributor: Crestmore (02) 9482 3422.

Monitor Audio S6 | $3000 |

For: Excellent build and finish; fine clarity in the midrange and treble
Against: Heavy-handed bass can dominate the highly articulate treble
Verdict: The S6s have many strengths, but they're not balanced enough
Monitor Audio products are known for the high quality of their finish, and the S6s are no exception.
The quality is more than skin deep, as there's plenty of solid engineering here, too. That lovely cabinet is impressively rigid thanks to thick 19mm MDF panels and extensive internal bracing.
The result is reduced cabinet coloration, and so a cleaner and crisper sound. Such a strong enclosure also provides a good foundation for the S6s' three drive units.
All three drive units use ceramiccoated metal diaphragms to improve rigidity without adding weight: the aim is to boost detail resolution and dynamics. There's little doubt that the S6s succeed in these areas.
Add speed and attack to the S6s' strengths and they start to look like strong contenders for top spot. They would be, if it weren't for their bass performance. Sure, there's no problem with low-end weight or power. Our criticism is that the bass can be too heavy-handed to match the articulation and insight available at higher frequencies. We suspect the S6s are balanced with more than an eye on AV, where their bass performance would impress with action films. But for music there are better options.
Distributor: M&G Hoskins (02) 9597 3683.

Rega Ela | $2850 |

For: Fast and clear presentation; integration; manageable size
Against: Lacking in scale, authority and punch; unsuitable for dance and rock music
Verdict: The lightweight and expensive Elas lack the slam and power to fight off their rivals in this test
Initially everything about these floorstanders implies subtlety - and the manufacturer is refreshingly honest and admits the Elas are designed for fans of acoustic, classical, folk and vocal-based music.
Unlike other Regas, the Elas aren't hugely sensitive to positioning: levels of performance are similar with the speakers close to a wall, in corners or in free space.
Spin Tori Amos's vocally indulgent Strange Little Girls set and the Elas deliver a crisp and clear rendition that gets straight to the heart of the music. Voices are coherent and piano keystrokes are accurately placed, while timing is a strong point and will get your feet tapping even to slow, deliberate tunes. The tweeter and fairly small mid/bass driver integrate superbly and the presentation is well balanced.
However, a test is a test. We give it a spin and the Elas aren't happy with the swift, deep bass and sound a touch stressed. The same problem rears its head with acoustic and classical music, the sound lacking weight and instruments such as piano or timpani being short of authority. For certain types of music these floorstanders can sound enjoyable, but they lack the scale, power and authority to qualify as true all-rounders. That price tag also counts against them.
Distributor: Synergy Audio Visual (03) 9427 8384.

Wharfedale Pacific Evo 30 | $2120

For: Punchy bass; dynamic scale; build quality; curvy looks
Against: They need to be housed in a medium-to-large room to work at their best
Verdict: Combine floorstander bass depth with standmounter control and you've got a marriage made in heaven
The changes in Wharfedale's new range are radical, with the most obvious transformation being the removal of the original's tweeter module. The tweeter housing is now sunk into the Evo 30 cabinet, the intention being to improve dispersion and benefit from the improved rigidity of the strongest point of the cabinet. Below the tweeter there are two 17cm Kevlar drivers to deal with midrange/bass and bass respectively. The company admits that the use of Kevlar is hardly groundbreaking, but insists the cleverness is in the weave: the cones are bi-directionally woven in an effort to help absorb standing waves formed within the cabinet.
Listen to the Evo 30s and the sonic changes leap out at you. Sitting on their chunky spikes and situated in free space, the speakers sound wonderful: low frequencies delve deep and delivery is punchy and fast.
Vivaldi's energetic Four Seasons perfectly illustrates the 30s' excellent dynamic contrast: the score rapidly switches between loud and quiet passages and the speakers respond with impressive agility. Integration is exceptional, and the presentation is beautifully balanced. Evo 30s are are great all-rounders.
International Audio Group: (02) 9521 4844.

And the winner is.....

Wharfedale Pacific Evo 30 | $2120

The Evo 30s are the only speakers we've awarded five stars to in this test, so it doesn't take a genius to work out they're the champions.
But remember, our four-star rating means 'very good' and there are loads of positive features in the runners-up. The curvy KEFs and the beautifully built Monitor Audios both offer fine midrange, but their extravagant bass suggests a bias towards use in home cinema systems.
The gutsy Missions draw us in with their striking looks and initially exciting sound, but in the long term we would tire of their lack of subtlety. Even though the AADs are the cheapest in this group and handle loud music well, their occasionally clinical presentation leaves us feeling just a little unmoved.
That leaves the Wharfedale Evo 30s, with their knockout bass, breathtaking dynamic scale and awesome detail. The design team behind the Quad 11Ls, is also responsible for the Evo 30s, and they contain many of the 11Ls' finest ingredients. Wharfedale has thrown down the gauntlet and it will need brilliant floorstanders to take it up.
Just a further note on pricing: the Evo 30's are $2210 for the standard finish and $2499 for the piano finish.

hi ben,

this is indeed a good read, thanks :)......but i wonder from what website did you get this coz i think the posted prices especially w/ that of the Evo 30 may not be in U.S. dollars, they may be in Singaporean or Australian or New Zealand dollars ;).......as far as i know, the Evo 30s retailed in the U.S. at about US$800 only when they were introduced into their market, but i may be wrong though ::)
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2006 at 10:23 PM by classicman »

Offline sanmig_ph

• DVD Guru
  • Sarap Magbago....
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 09:54 PM »
sir alex congrats on your new toy,sulit na sulit konting break in lang solve na solve na.poging pogi pa ang dating ;D
medyo minalas lang konti kaya hindi na natin na audition yung evo30 at wala ng rosewood. iba yung box na nadala nila. pero ok na din naaudition din natin yung evo40 ganda ng bass.
excited na din ko sa evo center mo para ht review naman.
sir alex its my pleasure meeting you & your wife.pareho pa kayo audiophile  ;D
congrats sir alex :D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 10:13 PM »
kuha ka na sanmig... :)

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 10:16 PM »
pareng sanmig,

sayang pala at 'di nyo na-audition ang Evo 30, ikaw kelan ka bili :-X ;D ;D ;D........go for the Evo 30 pare, its great for audio application talaga 8)

Offline sanmig_ph

• DVD Guru
  • Sarap Magbago....
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 10:36 PM »
pareng sanmig,

sayang pala at 'di nyo na-audition ang Evo 30, ikaw kelan ka bili :-X ;D ;D ;D........go for the Evo 30 pare, its great for audio application talaga 8)

pareng classicman, pareng munskie wala ng stock ng rosewood evo30 & center,hintay pa kung meron pang dadating.
pare 8k yung center ng evo pero wala pang rosewood to match your fronts. gandi din nito sa audio setup mo pag multichannel,available din yung evo na mababa sa evo 10 para sa rear.

Offline alexg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 10:42 PM »
I don't know if there are Evo Center still available, I bought the display unit of Spectra, 8K NET.

Thanks.

alex, congrats on your new toy, ang ganda nyan :o.......BTW, how much for the Evo Center & do they still have it in rosewood finish ba, am just toying w/ the idea kasi of completing an HT set-up around my Evo 30 ::)

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 10:49 PM »
pareng classicman, pareng munskie wala ng stock ng rosewood evo30 & center,hintay pa kung meron pang dadating.
pare 8k yung center ng evo pero wala pang rosewood to match your fronts. gandi din nito sa audio setup mo pag multichannel,available din yung evo na mababa sa evo 10 para sa rear.

I don't know if there are Evo Center still available, I bought the display unit of Spectra, 8K NET.

Thanks.

mura na pala ang center ngayon, the last time ask i was quoted the price of P10k :(

alex, i assume that your evo center is also in rosewood, ang swerte mo naman, congrats again :D

pareng sanmig, kanain mo na yang evo 30 kahit hindi rosewood ang finish, baka maunahan ka pa at marami nagkaka-interest ngayon sa evo, hehehe ;D

Offline alexg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 10:53 PM »
Nice meeting  you din, sanmig.

My wife and I, are not really audiophile, we just love to listen to music and we like HT.

How was the rest of your day at the HiFi Show?

BTW, I like your username, sanmig_ph, which one the pale pilsen, light or the superdry, I favor the superdry myself.  ;D

I hope that when you are ready, the EVOs that you like will be on stock.

sir alex congrats on your new toy,sulit na sulit konting break in lang solve na solve na.poging pogi pa ang dating ;D
medyo minalas lang konti kaya hindi na natin na audition yung evo30 at wala ng rosewood. iba yung box na nadala nila. pero ok na din naaudition din natin yung evo40 ganda ng bass.
excited na din ko sa evo center mo para ht review naman.
sir alex its my pleasure meeting you & your wife.pareho pa kayo audiophile  ;D
congrats sir alex :D

Offline alexg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 10:59 PM »
I was quoted 10K, but then they said plus 20% discount, so 8K NET.

Yup, got the EVO 10 and Center in Rosewood. If I don't get the EVO 8 Rosewood (they have one at Spectra) for surround, I might just get a Diamond 9.1 in cherry for surrounds. In the meantime, I will be using either my old WH2 bipoles or my Jamo E610 for surrounds.

mura na pala ang center ngayon, the last time ask i was quoted the price of P10k :(

alex, i assume that your evo center is also in rosewood, ang swerte mo naman, congrats again  :D

Offline sanmig_ph

• DVD Guru
  • Sarap Magbago....
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 09:11 AM »
pareng classicman gusto ko kanain yung rosewood tulad sayo  :D

alex, i assume that your evo center is also in rosewood, ang swerte mo naman, congrats again :D

pareng sanmig, kanain mo na yang evo 30 kahit hindi rosewood ang finish, baka maunahan ka pa at marami nagkaka-interest ngayon sa evo, hehehe ;D

it was a great experience sa hi fi show,1st time to listen sa mga high end na speeakers & tube amp.may half million pa nga na speaker tama ba?
nakakalula ang presyo hehehe. wala kasi dati maisip na username kaya naging sanmig hehehe.favor ako sa pale & superdry :D
may budget na ko sir alex wala lang yung evo 30 & center na rosewood ???
i remember 6ohm yung evo, ilang watts yung amp nyo at 6 ohm?

Nice meeting  you din, sanmig.

My wife and I, are not really audiophile, we just love to listen to music and we like HT.

How was the rest of your day at the HiFi Show?

BTW, I like your username, sanmig_ph, which one the pale pilsen, light or the superdry, I favor the superdry myself.  ;D

I hope that when you are ready, the EVOs that you like will be on stock.

Offline southpeak

• Collector
  • Desiderata
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 09:52 AM »

hi ben,

this is indeed a good read, thanks :)......but i wonder from what website did you get this coz i think the posted prices especially w/ that of the Evo 30 may not be in U.S. dollars, they may be in Singaporean or Australian or New Zealand dollars ;).......as far as i know, the Evo 30s retailed in the U.S. at about US$800 only when they were introduced into their market, but i may be wrong though ::)

hi leo,
yes, you are right. if i remember correctly, figures are in Australian$.. apologies for that.., i just copy pasted..  :-[

going back to the article.. i made my decision to buy the evo30s based on this shoot out and of course the aesthetic (WAF  ;D). sent e-mails here and there to find out distributors in the philippines. the distributor replied and pointed me to spectra as they can not sell directly. and the rest was history..

alex,
congratulation on your new evos. enjoy them as i have and others who have gone thru the same experience.
si hans adriane (henry) di pa sumasali sa diskusyon. mas nauna sya nagka evo30 kaysa sa  akin..  ;D

:)
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2006 at 11:11 PM by southpeak »

Offline alexg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 05:16 PM »
maybe you can have spectra order you the evo 30 and center in rosewood.

my tube amp is rated at 50 watts in ultralinear and 25 watts in triode mode. at 6 ohms maybe another 30% of the rated power, the manual does not say what will the power be at 6 ohms.

pareng classicman gusto ko kanain yung rosewood tulad sayo  :D

it was a great experience sa hi fi show,1st time to listen sa mga high end na speeakers & tube amp.may half million pa nga na speaker tama ba?
nakakalula ang presyo hehehe. wala kasi dati maisip na username kaya naging sanmig hehehe.favor ako sa pale & superdry :D
may budget na ko sir alex wala lang yung evo 30 & center na rosewood ???
i remember 6ohm yung evo, ilang watts yung amp nyo at 6 ohm?