DVD Forum > Pinoy DVDs

MACHO DANCER DVD

(1/4) > >>

RitchieNolasco:
Is there a DVD of Lino Brocka's Macho Dancer? The movie is very touching to me and now I'm looking for a DVD of it. I went to Astrovision in many places but they all claim that there never was a DVD of Macho Dancer. But it's a Viva film and it's a classic and there should be a DVD of it somewhere.

Also what do you guys think of the film?

rafgar:
Amazon is selling this Region 1 DVD for $26.99.  The DVD was released by  Strand Releasing Home Video last October 2001.  If you are planning on buying, do it soon.  Amazon says that they only have 5 copies left on stock ('though, for sure, this is not a fast-moving item among their DVDs).  

Go to the following link:  Macho Dancer DVD at Amazon.

rafgar
 :)

ßartmaniac:
RitchieNolasco, I've noticed you posted a duplicate thread in the Film & TV Talk.  For you to keep track of the replies to your queries easily, I suggest you just post in the most appropirate forum.  Just a friendly tip. :)

RitchieNolasco:
This really sucks! I went to 5 more video stores here selling Pinoy DVDs and they all claim that they never had a Macho Dancer DVD, nor do they have it coming to them.

Anyone here knows WHERE in the Philippines can I find and buy that DVD? That's a Viva film right? How come Viva told me there's no DVD of it from their library???

rafgar:

--- Quote from: RitchieNolasco on Aug 28, 2002 at 04:56 PM ---This really sucks! I went to 5 more video stores here selling Pinoy DVDs and they all claim that they never had a Macho Dancer DVD, nor do they have it coming to them.

Anyone here knows WHERE in the Philippines can I find and buy that DVD? That's a Viva film right? How come Viva told me there's no DVD of it from their library???

--- End quote ---

I don't think that the DVD was released locally by any Philippine distributor.  Based on the info at Amazon.com, the DVD was released by Strand Releasing Home Video, an independent distributor based in California.  I found out that the first movie released by this company was actually 'Macho Dancer'.  If you really would like to have a copy of the DVD, I guess you would have to order from the States or from an online store such as amazon.com.

rafgar
 ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version