Author Topic: PACQUIAO-MORALES III  (Read 4149 times)

Offline alcobobaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PACQUIAO-MORALES III
« Reply #30 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 02:52 PM »
Dapat National Holiday Tomorrow!!!  ;D ;D

AMEN!

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #31 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 02:58 PM »
A happy day for all Filipinos!

Congrats PACMAN!!!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #32 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 04:02 PM »
Sarap manood sa sinehan!

Talagang pang-group viewing ang boxing.

Lalo na kapag lahat kayo, isa lang ang kinakampihan.  ;D

Congrats, PACMAN!
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #33 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 05:04 PM »
watched it at Shang.. sarap! everybody cheered everytime Manny threw punches kahit hindi nagcoconnect yung iba  ;D
medyo anticlimactic lang since it was a very short fight versus the long battle everyone was expecting... in contrast to the first 2 which were really long wars, this one was an ambush by Pacquiao and Morales didn't know what hit him... still a great, great victory by Manny... kudos also to Erik for being a true sport by raising Manny's hands in victory...

No doubt, Manny will now move ahead of Maryweather and take #1 spot in all P4P lists...  ;D ;D ;D

Barerra... next! You have Manny's belts!
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2006 at 05:04 PM by jeckjeck »

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 05:15 PM »
mabuhay ka manny! :o

maganda ang mga kumbinasyon at strategy ni manny, magaling din si morales kaso di niya kaya suntok ni manny.  ;D

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 05:21 PM »
Yup time to retire, Morales.  It was a very convincing win by Pacman.  Morales was simply outclassed and by the looks on his face as he sat on the canvas floor, he just didn't want to continue to fight anymore. 
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2006 at 05:23 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 05:26 PM »
Months of preparation just for a 3 round fight? I guess everyone expected more than this. Kawawa naman si Morales. And the way he spoke in those pre-fight interviews, he's even guaranteeing a win... I suggest he just join his pal Rey Mysterio in wrestling... At least there he can guarantee a win kasi scripted.  ;D

As for Barrera, he's probably thinking of another excuse not to face Pacman.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 06:09 PM »
BTW... there were a few boos and hisses when a certain governor from the north showed his think mug on TV...  ;D ;D

and, Pacquiao just signed a 4 year deal with Bob Arum's Top Rank... he returned Golden Boy's downpayment of $500K   ::) ::) hope this doesn't prevent PAC vs MAB II

Offline Compaq

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 06:36 PM »
Grabe ang Pacman!  8)

Run Barrera Run!!!

Cheers!!!
Compaq

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 06:45 PM »
There are better quality videos out there, but this is the most accessible.

For anybody who wants to relive those three rounds.

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 07:26 PM »
When will Solar Sports release the DVD of this? Bitin naman kung 3 rounds lang laman ng DVD. I hope they consolidate Pacman-Morales I, II and III on the next DVD.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 08:05 PM »
BTW... there were a few boos and hisses when a certain governor from the north showed his think mug on TV...  ;D ;D

and, Pacquiao just signed a 4 year deal with Bob Arum's Top Rank... he returned Golden Boy's downpayment of $500K   ::) ::) hope this doesn't prevent PAC vs MAB II
No way they're gonna deny a Pacquiao-Barrera fight.  Its big money.  Golden Boy refused to accept the 500k dp, and I think its going to the courts.  Wherever Pacman goes, he's a goldmine to promoters.  I hope this one doesnt go to his head...but for now, let us savor this moment.  This cements his status as pound for pound king.  Championship belts are meaningless anyway in boxing today.....Mabuhay Pacman.  ;D ;D

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 12:32 AM »
Actually, too many alphabet-soup boxing organizations ruined the legitimacy of championships as all would lay claim to their champions as being legit ones.

But a championship belt is a championship belt and its always been the hardware that legitimizes a pugilist's career, no matter how lucky or how good he is. With that said, Pacman should go after Barera's blings to formalize his ascencion as boxing's best pound-for-pound fighter.

I have no doubt that "game over" for Barera is inevitable when he plays with Pacman.

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Region 1 fanatic!!!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 02:23 AM »
http://video.biliranisland.com/pacmannov1.php  enjoy!

Filipino TIGASIN.. nde kailangan ng biyagra! ;D ;D ;D

peace and blessing!!!

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 04:03 AM »
But a championship belt is a championship belt and its always been the hardware that legitimizes a pugilist's career, no matter how lucky or how good he is. 

Belts are superficial. What if for Barrera somehow comes out with a reason not to face Pacman, you think Barrera is still the main man just because he carries the belt?

Plug in your "Cars" DVD. All of us can learn a lesson or two there... "It's just an empty cup".  ;D

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 06:10 AM »
Oh, believe me, those belts aren't for show. You don't get a chance to compete for those belts if you're not worthy. If Barera comes up with an excuse not to meet Pacman, then it only means he's ducking Manny. Right now, those belts are legit and won fairly by Barera. It's up to Manny whether he wants them badly enough or if he's content with being  sideshow spectacle merely there to pack the arenas while other fighters are fighting for the championship.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #46 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 08:24 AM »
watched it here in Davao at Kanto Bar (Matina Town Square)... P150.00 if without food, P400.00 with buffet brunch...aside from the widescreen, a lot of smaller 21-inch TVs as well inside...buti na lang di ko tinuloy yung PPV, P1.2k eh...4 na LP na rin yun, hehehe! :D :D :D

well, what can i say...KUDOS to the PACMAN...you're the KING OF THE WORLD this time! :D

honestly, it's a good thing Erik Morales did not pursue anymore after being knocked down the 2nd time in round 3...it would have injured him more...

MABUHAY KA MANNY! MABUHAY ANG SAMBAYANANG PILIPINO!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 08:47 AM »
Yup time to retire, Morales.  It was a very convincing win by Pacman.  Morales was simply outclassed and by the looks on his face as he sat on the canvas floor, he just didn't want to continue to fight anymore. 

Prior to this fight, Morales already lost 3 of his last 4 matches.  Obviously he is on his way to returement.  I believe the third PacQ - Morales fight is his retirement pay :)  He wouldn't have had this fight if not for his "right to ask for rematch clause" in his previous contract.  You got to hand it to the organizers for making this event even bigger than it is.

Not to take anything away from Manny, he is awesome!!! As Quinito would say, "He is the maaaan!"  Kudos also to Morales, he knew he could NOT outlast Manny.  He knew he could give 3-4 rounds of fight.  It looks to me that his strategy is "Do or Die, Unahan na Lang Magpatulog!"

Barrera might want to duck the next fight.  But who's gonna give him a big paycheck?  He is also getting older and needs Manny for that $$$$ fight.  As for Manny, he is the darling of the boxing world and can have 1-2 juicy fights if he so chooses before facing Barrera.  But that's too long in boxing years, who knows who will be hot by that time.  So Barrera, IMHO, does not have a choice but to face Manny right away to maximize that paycheck for him, win or lose.

Offline lekxxz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 08:51 AM »
Check this out:

Source: EAST SIDE BOXING.com

Guzman To Pacquiao: "Congrats And Let's Get It On!"

Open Letter From Joan Guzman:[/i]
Dear Mr. Pacquiao: Magnificent. Stupendous. Flawless. That is how you performed Saturday night in Las Vegas against Erik Morales. I write first to congratulate you on a brilliant fight.

Second, I write you, Pacman, to remind you that I believe I am the world's best at 130 pounds. I am sure we can agree to disagree and that and that your fans will similarly disagree with mine on that same point.

As you know, I am the WBO champion and you are the #1 mandatory. I have a title defense upcoming in my homeland, the Dominican Republic on December 18 as a part of the biggest boxing show ever held there. Should I be successful in that bout, I have made it clear to my manager, Jose Nunez, and to my co-promoters that I want them to work to make Guzman vs. Pacman for March, 2007..

There can be no doubt now that you and I are the world's best two fighters at 130 pounds. The question that must be answered is who is the better man in that ring, me or you? It is a super fight and a fight fan's dream.

Let's settle this one in March. All the best to you and your legion of loyal fans.

Sincerely,

JOAN GUZMAN
UNDEFEATED WBO JR. LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPION

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 12:34 PM »
lots of old and young guns now going after Manny... Manny will be their key to the big time... and big checks... Joan Guzman has been calling out Manny for a long time... maybe Manny should give him what he wants...  ;D ;D

Given the current tug of war between Top Rank and Golden Boy, a PAC-MAB II won't likely be Manny's next fight... with Bob Arum's recent announcement that Manny's next fight would be at the new Wynn Hotel in Macau in March, it is possible that this is Manny's next foe... the very dangerous WBA Superfeather weight king, Edwin Valero... with a record of 20-0 with all 20 wins via KO and his first 18 wins via KOs in the 1st round  :o :o :o ... he is banned from fighting in the US because of a skull injury... he has a metal plate covering part of his skull... that is why a Macau venue will surely pave the way for Manny to fight Valero... or it could be just Arum promoting his new hotel in Macau  ;) ;)

for now, rest Manny! you deserve a long break with your family esp your new baby..
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2006 at 12:38 PM by jeckjeck »

Offline Ashburndaride

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #50 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 12:59 PM »
Why bother going to Macao? Pacman is the King now, The bout should be here in the Champs Homeland! ;D

IMO Manny should 1st settle his second match with J.M.Marquez before going to Barerra......That guy is such a pu$$y and keep braggin about his paycheck to be higher than the Pacman.....or maybe simply dodging Pacman ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2006 at 01:12 PM by Ashburndaride »

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 01:56 PM »
I think Juan Manuel Marquez has a better chance of beating Manny than Barera. The counter-punching Marquez, who felt Pacman's power early during their fight, recovered quickly and actualy gave a good account of himself against Manny. He knew when and where to strike to make-up for the three knockdowns (but technically, it should've been a Pacman win) he suffered. He knows he couldn't slug it out with Pacman, so he hit and danced away to avoid getting cornered by Manny.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 02:19 PM »
PacMan-JMM 2 is a good fight, but the bigger question is, Who's gonna move up/down in weight class? :)

Offline Funktopuss

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 09:12 PM »
advice to MANNY PACQIAO, pls stay away from politics, politics will ruin your image just like your english. just be the boxing hero that you are. is it true that viloria is looking for another rematch? in my opinion boxing is not his game anymore, he is lucky to get a draw, just stick to wrestling and kick rey miysterio's butt.

Offline garee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Nov 22, 2006 at 04:24 PM »
speaking of rey mysterio, he vanish in the crowd mysterio'sly  ;D