Author Topic: Migrating to Land Down Under with my DVDs HELP!!!!  (Read 1491 times)

Offline viper_mla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Now a devoted Original DVD addict!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Migrating to Land Down Under with my DVDs HELP!!!!
« on: Nov 16, 2006 at 05:52 PM »
I will moving to Australia within 3 months and I have close to 170 titles of ORIGINAL DVDs.  Can I bring them to Australia with me?  I hope our PinoyDVD legal luminaries can help me on this, I really need help.  I have ready and re-read the RA9239 and the IRR of the said law but there is nothing about bringing your personal DVD collections outside the country.

I called OMB and they said I have to register as an exporter?  I really need help, please?
Original and good quality DVDs need not be expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline viper_mla

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Migrating to Land Down Under with my DVDs HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 06:39 PM »
Does this mean that as collectors of ORIGINAL DVDs we still cant take our personal collections out of this country even if we OWN original DVDs?

Sir Firewired, I need your help.

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 08:11 PM »
Hi viper_mla.  Will the DVDs travel with you or are you shipping these separately?  Offhand, I don’t think there’s a law here that prevents you from bringing out of the country original DVDs (bootlegged, yes).  But I think it would be less of a hassle if you ship the DVDs rather than bringing it yourself.  For one, you run the risk of having to answer a litany of questions from the customs officer down under if you checked-in the DVDs as part of your personal belongings.  You can ask the forwarder if there are limitations or restrictions on shipping your DVDs.  He/she would be the best person to answer your questions satisfactorily.

Regarding the OMB, the fee should only be applicable if you’re selling the DVDs abroad (and you’re not).  It’s P500 per shipment regardless of the quantity and it takes 3 days, minimum, to process. However, you might have to register first as an exporter which translates to additional fees. :)
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2006 at 01:41 AM by randyv »
Official spokesperson for PinoyDVD.biz

Offline YrNeH

• DVD Addict
  • Shalom! maging payapa...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 09:12 PM »
OT: brod, saan ka papadpad? kung sa melbourne ka, may maitutulong ba ako?

Offline viper_mla

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 11:09 PM »
Hi viper_mla.  Will the DVDs travel with you or are shipping these separately?  Offhand, I don’t think there’s a law here that prevents you from bringing out of the country original DVDs (bootlegged, yes).  But I think it would be less of a hassle if you ship the DVDs rather than bringing it yourself.  For one, you run the risk of having to answer a litany of questions from the customs officer down under if you checked-in the DVDs as part of your personal belongings.  You can ask the forwarder if there are limitations or restrictions on shipping your DVDs.  He/she would be the best person to answer your questions satisfactorily.

Regarding the OMB, the fee should only be applicable if you’re selling the DVDs abroad (and you’re not).  It’s P500 per shipment regardless of the quantity and it takes 3 days, minimum, to process. However, you might have to register first as an exporter which translates to additional fees. :)

Sir RandyV,  thanks for the information, in that case I think I will just ship the DVDs out instead, I will just bring with me those that are really dear to me LOL......  I will include the DVDs na lang when I ship the rest of my personal belongings to OZ.

OT: brod, saan ka papadpad? kung sa melbourne ka, may maitutulong ba ako?

Sir YrNeH,  was supposed to be in Melbourne but job offer came in NSW so I will be in NSW for quite a while....  you in Melbourne?  I have friends there who are from Ericsson Australia......

Offline YrNeH

• DVD Addict
  • Shalom! maging payapa...
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2006 at 12:58 AM »
Sir RandyV,  thanks for the information, in that case I think I will just ship the DVDs out instead, I will just bring with me those that are really dear to me LOL......  I will include the DVDs na lang when I ship the rest of my personal belongings to OZ.

Sir YrNeH,  was supposed to be in Melbourne but job offer came in NSW so I will be in NSW for quite a while....  you in Melbourne?  I have friends there who are from Ericsson Australia......
yes i'm here in melbourne (almost 6yrs na) and love every bit of it :) i have been to melbourne, sydney and canberra before i migrated, compared them and melbourne won my heart.  maybe you can pm me your friend's names - baka nakilala ko na sila.  anyway all the best mate and God bless :)
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2006 at 01:01 AM by YrNeH »