DVD Forum > DVD-ROM & DVD Backup

.mkv to dvd conversion

(1/7) > >>

watson's box:
hey there, is there anyone who knows how to convert .mkv files into dvd video files? I've downloaded some anime but i want to burn it into dvd video formats so i can watch them in my dvd player. thanks...

Alfie:
Anybody who have a successfully conversion of .mkv files ?
I tried AVIsynth2DVD and it failed  :'(
I tried the OGM to AVI and it's the same fails during the mix. :'(
What can I do?
Help.
I am trying to convert the Violent Cop .mkv however, all I get is the access violation message.

uvax:
You can try using "AlltoAVI" first. If it is a fairly simple matroska file chances are it will work. For the really exotic ones with H.264 encoding I've had success using Dr. DIVX in combination with Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP).

Alfie:
I have the DrDivx and tried it but it failed, how do I go about combining the CCCP ?

uvax:
@ Alfie

I checked my notes and seems I am in error in my previous post. I actually used tmpgenc in combination with CCCP to convert a .mkv file into an .mpg file that you can burn into a DVD. I used my method to convert an anime series .mkv files which has h.264 encoding and dual audio streams. If you're still interested I can post the steps later. It's an easy step from here converting .mpg to .avi.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version