Author Topic: Dai-ichi Bk-12-1  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Mysteryozo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dai-ichi Bk-12-1
« on: Nov 26, 2006 at 02:11 AM »
This morning we purchased the last of the Dai-ichi BK-12-1 and BK-12. These models were manufactured for a foreign client. The few pairs that were sold here from 2004 till last Nov. 25 are all surplus of the original order. I just want to compare notes with others who has the same units and share with all the rest our purchasing experience, re:these LSs.

- 8 ohms
 - 3” tweeter
 - 5 ΒΌ β€œ mid-range
 - 12” woofer
 - 30Hz -  20KHz
 - 300 W max

I was not really serious regarding the purchase of new speakers for my 'den'. Just curiously surfing the internet when Dai-ichi came to my mind. My only previous purchase from said store/manufacturer was 'so-so'. They're exceptional good in service, as they had demonstrated regarding one piece of said purchase that proved to be a 'lemon'. And while lifetime service/repair of said unit is free, the cost of my transportation from Merville to Mega Mall is not. Soon I forgot about that unit and Dai-ichi till sometime early this week.

The BK series truly grabbed my interest when I got to this page: http://www.daiichi.ph/hifi.htm

From then it became a 'must' for me to know the prices.

Thursday, November 23. I got so frustrated with the Mega Mall number. It was just always busy. So, finally I opted for the Raon branch. Venus was quite helpful as she soon gained my interest to visit their showroom and make contact with Manila dealers.

The following day I gave the Mega Mall branch another try. Meet Janz and he was soon quoting better prices compared to their Raon display. Hmmm, mas OK kaya lang out of stock BK-series sa kanya. I mentioned to him na may demo units pa sa Raon.

I'll 'short-cut' my story at this point.

Friday afternoon, November 24. Janz txt me, the pair of BK-12 are now with him at Mega Mall. Okay, my wife and will be there tomorrow. Need to bring 'zee boss' cuz she holds d card. Kailangan i-card kasi zee boss is running after points.

Janz had earlier informed me that he had all the drivers changed to new ones. Said units had been on demo for the past 2 years. Great! Thanks for having the drivers changed! Unfortunately, Janz forgot to inform me that these are mis-matched pairs. Drivers and specs are the same, but the cabinets are not and  only now do I realize that both units are left-handed! Foul! foul! foul!

On the other hand why complain. Janz made sure all the drivers are and in the end we got it for free. Thanks to Equitable VISA card promo.

Oh, and despite the fact that my A/V amp receiver (Onkyo TX-SV424) is not up to par with these LSs, still together they sound pretty good to just about very good. Excellent, hmmm baka pag na-break-in etong Dai-ichi floor stands. 

Offline ropher_66

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Dai-ichi Bk-12-1
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2006 at 01:46 PM »
I have the BK 8-1 just purchased recently (power handling at 200W max and was manufactured since feb 2005 pa as the sticker in the box is saying) which I got in cavite EPZA trade fair. I was surprised nga na they have cabinet type speakers na dun dati kasi puro 6X9 and some sub woofers lang eh. Anyway for the price Im quite okay naman with this speakers. Medyo kulang lang talaga sa bass so Im thinking of getting a sub woofer.  I have a Sakura amp (Av 389 ??) and a xenon DVD player. Am thinking of getting a center spreaker kasi Im using my mini compo spekers as my center as of now. Still in the break in period though and hindi ko pa rin napapabayo ng husto but the way things are going oks naman sya.

Offline Jairus

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2006 at 02:46 PM »
Mga bro..how much are these speakers?
B&W603 S3
Yaqin MC100B; Sony 337ESD; TRIO KP700 TT; MF VLPS

Offline ropher_66

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2006 at 02:55 PM »
the BK 8-1 I got for 3K

Offline Jairus

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2006 at 02:59 PM »
the BK 8-1 I got for 3K

Wow, mura lang pala  :o Will try to audition these, I'm looking for speakers for a karaoke set-up.  Ok kaya ito?
B&W603 S3
Yaqin MC100B; Sony 337ESD; TRIO KP700 TT; MF VLPS

Offline wolvenfang

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Don't beat urself up!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2006 at 09:42 AM »
bro i got the last pair of daiichi bk-12 for 3.5k in daiichi megamall a few months ago...the bass is just oozing but the tweeter and midrange arent very good and lacking clarity. ok cya for rnb and pumping bass beats but di cya pwede for critical listening.  also be careful about driving it with rock music, i played my metalicca s&m cd for about 30 minites and when things got pretty loud the tweeters got  busted.

all in all ok cya for entry level. for ht and karaoke the best in value and quality. :)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2006 at 03:04 PM »
Looking at BK pics on the Dai-ichi cite referred above, I noticed the tweets are cone paper types.  I think a replacement of the tweets would yield sonic improvements.  It's a common observation that paper based cone tweeters are never that good as dome fabric or metal  tweeters.
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2006 at 03:11 PM by av_phile1 »