Author Topic: PS3 as a blu-ray player  (Read 365195 times)

Offline Mouldingo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PS3 as a blu-ray player
« Reply #60 on: Dec 24, 2006 at 09:39 PM »
Japan Version po ba ang benta nila? does it come with free games?

US version yun 20 GB model. May kasamang Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (Blu-ray). May nabili kaming NFS Carbon. Galing ng graphics, kasing linaw sa PC version at 5.1 pa! Sinubukan ko na ng 2 araw yung mga 30+ na titles at talagang bulok yung Fifth Element (free frisbee anyone?)>:( >:(. Pero super linaw yung Tears of the Sun at Ice Age 2 ;D ;D Di ko na alam ano gagawin ko sa Denon 3910 ko :'( :'(
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2006 at 09:49 PM by Mouldingo »

Offline turismo1997

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 243
« Reply #61 on: Dec 25, 2006 at 01:20 AM »
Just had my first experience with HD via blu-ray. It's like 7/10. Maybe its because of the movie title (talladega) that comes with the PS3.

Although, it has a lot of action cuts which I think is good choice for a technology demonstrator, but the movie ain't quite cut it for me. Spiderman 1 or 2 would have been a wise choice. I just can't understand why Sony selected this crap. Hey, they did have spiderman 1 as freebie for PSP.

Overall, you can't compare the pq with dvd. For me its like watching a dvd and then switching over to VCD. Movie in High Definition is sharp and rich in color.

PS3 as a blu-ray player is ok for me. I can't hear any hum or sound of cooling fan operating. I say this because I didn't even bother to hook it to my receiver (maybe one of the reason why the effect is subtle for me).

Oh well, I guess I have to wait for 2010. Just in time when George decides to release Star wars in HD ;D

Offline alvinthx2

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • System= source+amplification+speaker+ROOM
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Dec 25, 2006 at 06:53 AM »
Just had my first experience with HD via blu-ray. It's like 7/10. Maybe its because of the movie title (talladega) that comes with the PS3.

Although, it has a lot of action cuts which I think is good choice for a technology demonstrator, but the movie ain't quite cut it for me. Spiderman 1 or 2 would have been a wise choice. I just can't understand why Sony selected this crap. Hey, they did have spiderman 1 as freebie for PSP.

Overall, you can't compare the pq with dvd. For me its like watching a dvd and then switching over to VCD. Movie in High Definition is sharp and rich in color.

PS3 as a blu-ray player is ok for me. I can't hear any hum or sound of cooling fan operating. I say this because I didn't even bother to hook it to my receiver (maybe one of the reason why the effect is subtle for me).

Oh well, I guess I have to wait for 2010. Just in time when George decides to release Star wars in HD ;D

Using Taledaga nights would certainly dampen your enthusiasm with your new system. It is one of the worst blu-ray transfers. try to get Tears of the Sun or Ice age 2 and surely you will feel that you have spent your money wisely. :D
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Dec 25, 2006 at 07:26 AM »
Di ko na alam ano gagawin ko sa Denon 3910 ko :'( :'(

The Denon is a great upsampling player. How good is the PS3 when upsampling regular DVDs?

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Dec 25, 2006 at 09:11 AM »
The Denon is a great upsampling player. How good is the PS3 when upsampling regular DVDs?

No upscale feature for regular dvds on the PS3.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Dec 25, 2006 at 10:06 AM »
I see, so it's not like standalone BD nd HD DVD players which upscale regular DVDs via HDMI.  I had thought the PS3 also would coz it has HDMI.
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2006 at 10:08 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Dec 25, 2006 at 11:14 AM »
Don't know if this was posted here before. Here's a review from Audio/Video Revolution:

Sony PS3

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Dec 25, 2006 at 01:02 PM »
Well, I am almost sure gamers who are HT enthusiasts as well and who use HDTVs would already have some respectable upscaling DVD players before they even bought a PS3.  But like the article said, a separate upscaling DVD player is still your better bet for regular DVDs on HDTVs.  So there should be no rush to dispose of them with a PS3.  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2006 at 01:03 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Dec 25, 2006 at 06:41 PM »
Checked the DVD PQ of the PS 3 and it is really downright ugly >:( >:(, the Denon still has a life afterall ;) Problem now is time to spend for the HDMI switching reciever... :'( :'( Also ang linaw din ng jpg files sa PS 3  8) puwdeng gawing slide show when viewing pictures, and puwede din siya mag-rip ng CD para maging MP3 ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2006 at 07:00 PM by Mouldingo »

Offline et414

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #69 on: Dec 25, 2006 at 06:55 PM »
yeah i was surprised at how crappy dvds looked on the ps3 :P i was hoping pa naman that it would be good enough so i could sell my oppo to fund a new hdmi receiver.

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Dec 26, 2006 at 10:28 AM »
Meron na firmware pang download...

The PLAYSTATION®3 system software version 1.32 update (with 1.30 and 1.31) includes the following:

Settings
You can now register the BD remote control in [Register Bluetooth® Device] under [Accessory Settings].
[BD/DVD Video Output Format (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [BD/DVD Settings].
[Backup Utility] has been added as a feature under [System Settings].
You can now select the hard disk format method in [Format Utility] and [Restore PS3™ System] under [System Settings].
The method of selecting output resolution has been changed in [Video Output Settings] under [Display Settings].

Game
New for 1.31: You can now play PlayStation®2 format software titles that must be installed on the hard disk.

Other
The compatibility of USB devices with PlayStation®2 format software titles has changed. For details on USB devices that can be used with system software version 1.30, select here.
New for 1.31: Playability status with the PS3™ system has changed for some PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 format titles. To check on the latest status, visit the search site for compatible titles.
New for 1.32: The online gaming functionality of the system software has been updated.
You can update your system software by any of the following methods:
System Update »
Update using the PS3™ system's System Update feature.

Update using a PC »
Download update data using a PC and save on storage media* or a USB Mass Storage device. Copy the update data to the PS3™ system's hard disk and perform the update.
*An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models.

Offline bayonic

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Dec 26, 2006 at 12:51 PM »
i guess the firmware update that sony should really work on is the one that would upscale DVDs to 1080i/p.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Dec 26, 2006 at 12:59 PM »
I think upscaling is beyond firmware updating.  It requires some dedicated upscaling and de-interlacing hardcoded chips to work. 

At any rate, come to think of it, most if not all HDTVs upscale to their native resolution anyway, so even DVDs from non-upscaling players should look good via component connection.  Then again, not all HDTVs have better or correct upscaling and de-interlacing chips than players that do.  But the reverse is also true. 

Offline alvinthx2

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • System= source+amplification+speaker+ROOM
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Dec 26, 2006 at 01:15 PM »
What I am wishing for is for the PS3 to output 1080p/24Hz.(via firmware upgrade). Since film is shot at 24 fps it will lessen or completely eliminate motion judder. That is, if your PJ can handle 24 hertz. OR the multiple thereof.
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline AlvinladeN

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Dec 27, 2006 at 01:11 PM »
i wish somebody here will try to connect their ps3 to an lcd monitor via hdmi-dvi cable. i just wanna see if this really works.

Offline et414

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #75 on: Dec 27, 2006 at 01:22 PM »
hdmi-dvi works for games. i used on my sammy dlp at 720p. i'm not sure about movies though. d pa dumadating order ko from amazon e :P

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Dec 27, 2006 at 05:03 PM »
I'm using a Hitachi 55" Plasma w/ DVI input. Using a HDMI- DVI cable and it works OK. The new firmware will automatically switch resolution between games (720P) and Movies-Photos(1080i).

Offline krazy

• Collector
  • The future is Blu;-)
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Dec 28, 2006 at 11:31 PM »
I think upscaling is beyond firmware updating.  It requires some dedicated upscaling and de-interlacing hardcoded chips to work. 

At any rate, come to think of it, most if not all HDTVs upscale to their native resolution anyway, so even DVDs from non-upscaling players should look good via component connection.  Then again, not all HDTVs have better or correct upscaling and de-interlacing chips than players that do.  But the reverse is also true. 

But given how powerful the Cell processor in the PS3 is, it can be done through software upscaling (via firmware upgrade or a separate software download) instead of having to use dedicated upscaling/de-interlacing chips as the PS3's processor isn't fully utilized during DVD playback anyway

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Dec 31, 2006 at 07:41 AM »
Oh, it probably can. Those mighty cell processors should be able to do software upscaling which is quite CPU intensive.  But after researching on the net, seems the PS3 does upscale.  But with a problem.

An interesting video has surfaced showing PlayStation 2 games running on a PS3. The PS3 upscales the image with no filtering, resulting in lots of jagged edges and artifacts. According to the maker of the video, Sony refuses to acknowledge the problem, hoping enough gamers won’t complain. Although it’s a major issue for PS2 games played on the PS3, it seems that it’s something that can be fixed quickly with a firmware update. Sony hasn’t officially commented on the problem.

http://digitalbattle.com/2006/12/14/ps2-games-look-bad-on-a-ps3/#comments

« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2006 at 07:48 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Jan 06, 2007 at 07:52 AM »
Dismal PS3 Launch Forces Sony To Discard BluRay

On the heels of various industry reports of the lackluster sales of Sony's new Playstation 3 console up to, during, and through the Christmas season, it's no wonder that Sony feels internal pressure to reverse it's course to more profitable waters. Obviously, the number one deficit of the new electronic entertainment device is the sheer number of newly introduced technologies, each with it's own seemingly continuous chain of production pitfalls. This same collection of newly deployed technologies directly impacts the pricing, further straining the retail sales of the Playstation 3. Considering that HDDVD technology is moving towards a broader market of consumers, Blu Ray is taking a considerable hit regardless of the Playstation branding.

One doesn't have to pay close attenion, or even take a second glance, to see that Sony, as a large corporation, has dropped the ball in it's own court. It has been reported time and time again that Sony has been facing financial difficulties, having to lay off workers, close plants, and refocus parts of their business. What only a few expected, Playstation 3 sales failed to match even the reduced supply during this holiday season. The affect of this has rippled through the major electronics retailers, creating a need to ship stock from store to store, and further impacting what profit margins retailers expected to see from the launch of a major new platform. The slick new Nintendo Wii and the powerhouse Microsoft XBox 360 managed to dominate the market, taking full advantage of the price differential, supply problems, and even the imagination of the consumer market. The season, in reality, isn't even over, and there is already a new captain at the helm, an almost unprecedented event indicating changes to come.

At a cost of over two hundred dollars per drive, the Blu Ray is the force behind the massive cost of the Sony Playstation 3. It is speculated that Sony is bleeding some three hundred bucks per unit, and continues the wild trend of manufacturers losing cash on the console in expectations to get their money back on the software. However, with a scant dozen titles or so, Sony holds little hope of a quick turn around in their fortunes. From it's core, the powerful Cell processor,with it's poor production yields, has added pitfalls to it's on rollout that is compounded by the difficulty in mass producing the Blu Ray in the Playstation 3. The tremendous cost of product, let alone support and delivery costs, may have been a factor in the recent executive level staff changes, but that change (of executives) has pushed the importance of other changes up the ladder of importance.

Sony is rumored to be making drastic changes to recapture the market before losing even more of it's command share to the likes of Nintendo (the success story of the holiday season) or the XBox 360 (still suffering in the land of the rising sun, but gaining momentum everywhere else). In a move that is "aimed at family pricing," Sony is rumored to be working on a Playstation 3 that does not include the Blu Ray drive. Whether this will result in the current low-end model having a change, or a newer "entry level" Playstation 3, remains to be seen. However, this is in stark contrast to their previous, egocentric, statements regarding "what kind of consumer"* will be looking at the Playstation 3.

To further fuel the fire, Toshiba has been reported to be getting ready to announce at CES (The Consumer Electronics Show) a new HDDVD player in the sub-two hundred dollar range. If these reports hold to be true, Sony's Blu Ray hopes may be dashed in even more markets than just that of the video-game arena. The steep pricing of Blu Ray players already make the Playstation 3 the entry level model, and Toshiba may have just put the nail in the coffin of this format. This holiday season was Sony's chance to leap ahead of the HDDVD format, establishing Blu Ray in the consumer market.

Supply problems alone would have likely created problems with Sony's hopes about Blu Ray, but with lackluster sales it is nearly a forgone conclusion. This puts Sony in a terrible position of not only trying to turn their ship around, but if they aren't careful--it could very well sink. A Playstation 3 without Blu Ray technology may save the Playstation from the fate previously seen by Sega's Saturn, but it will be the death nail in the Blu Ray coffin.

http://www.gadgetnutz.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=00264

Rumours pa lang ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2007 at 08:09 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #80 on: Jan 06, 2007 at 08:24 AM »
Ay naku this SONY & its Blu-ray...it seems the boat is indeed slowly sinking in the deep vast ocean  :-[

Blu-ray could be doom na! Toshiba's marketing strategy is really working...which consumers that don't mind trying out new & cheaper HD-DVD players? Also the HD-DVD movies are much cheaper...  :-[

Offline t0ol_46n2

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Jan 07, 2007 at 04:27 PM »
i wish somebody here will try to connect their ps3 to an lcd monitor via hdmi-dvi cable. i just wanna see if this really works.

From what i read from  ps3forums.com, the LCD monitor has to be HDCP compliant in order to work via a HDMI-DVI-D converter.

Most LCD TV are HDCP compliant but LCD monitors that are primarily sold as PC monitors are not. Kinda sad, coz im planning for this route. Buti pa Xbox360 pede icconnect via VGA cable, it could at least have 720p display.

Offline doubleB

• Apprentice
  • KSR Monster
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Jan 07, 2007 at 07:08 PM »
Online blue ray movies costs between P1300 - P2000.00, depending on the titles
Ive seen in one of the computer shops here selling at p2200.00  ;)

Hey bro, can I ask where is that shop located? Mania?

Thanks.
Blu's = 158 and slowly growing....

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Jan 09, 2007 at 07:21 AM »
CES: Lionsgate Roars with 2007 Blu-ray Slate; Still Says No to HD DVD ;D ;D ;D

Lionsgate has become the latest studio to unveil extensive next-gen release plans at CES, promising over 40 new Blu-ray titles in 2007.

Though Lionsgate lacks the depth and breadth of most of the major studios' extensive libraries, they do have quite a few notable hits, and are also stepping into the TV on Blu-ray game, a sector which so far has been sorely lacking on the format.

Among the titles confirmed at CES are:

February 6: 'American Psycho,' 'Rambo: First Blood,' 'Reservoir Dogs,' 'Young Guns'

Later in 2007: 'Monster's Ball,' 'Basic Instinct, 'Dirty Dancing,' 'Ultimate Avengers 2,' 'House of 1000 Corpses,' 'National Lampoon's Van Wilder,' 'Waiting,' 'Requiem for a Dream,' 'Pi' 'Cabin Fever' and 'Belly.'

Also due sometime in the coming year is the acclaimed television miniseries version of 'Dune,' plus season-by-season box sets of the hit series 'The Dead Zone' and 'Weeds.'

Notable also was the lack of any announced support for HD DVD by Lionsgate. Rumors had been swirling in the days leading up to CES that the studio would be declaring format-neutrality in the high-def war. However, no such word has come from Lionsgate so far at the show. Stay tuned, of course, for any late-breaking developments.

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Jan 09, 2007 at 07:25 AM »
CES: Buena Vista 2007 Blu-ray Booty to Include 'Pirates,' First Pixar Release with 'Cars'

Blu-ray title announcements continue to make a strong showing at CES, with Buena Vista set to unleash an extensive wave of major blockbusters and top catalog hits in 2007.

"Blu-ray is quickly becoming the high-definition standard on the market today, and we are very pleased to add this amazing slate of Blu-ray releases that will appeal to our core demographic," stated BVWHE President Bob Chapek stated via a prepared press release. "With the dual-layer, 50GB discs, the possibilities for exciting new interactive features and additional bonus content are endless."

Like most of the title announcements pouring out of CES, there are no hard specs for any of the Disney titles, but we remain confident and hopeful for plenty of bonus features and other goodies, especially given Chapek's statement of continued support by the studio for BD-50s.

Expected from Buena Vista/Disney in the coming year are the following titles, all newly announced for Blu-ray release:

March 20: 'Chicken Little,' 'Finding Neverland'

April 3: 'King Arthur Director's Cut,' 'G.I. Jane'

May (Exact Date Not Announced): 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl,' 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest'

June 8: 'Con Air,' 'Crimson Tide,' 'The Rock'

Summer: 'Cars,' 'The Recruit,' 'Open Range,' 'Remember The Titans'

The studio also plans to begin the worldwide roll-out of Blu-ray into Europe and Asia beginning in March, a line-up that will also include the 'Pirates' films' and 'Cars,' plus a variety of titles that, in the U.S. at least, are not distributed by Disney on video, including hits like 'Bruce Almighty,' 'Scary Movie 4' and 'Starship Troopers.'

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Jan 09, 2007 at 07:30 AM »
CES: Blu-ray and HD DVD camps Reveal 2006 Hardware Sales Figures, Both Claim Victory

(well it's a press release, like any other. Which means it must taken in with a grain of salt)

In dueling CES press conferences Sunday, representatives for both HD DVD and Blu-ray used 2006 sales numbers to claim early victory in the high-def format wars.

For Blu-ray backer Sony, this meant emphasizing the one million PlayStation 3 units unleashed on the market in the fourth quarter of 2006. Since each PS3 comes equipped with a Blu-ray drive, Sony's clear victory was in extending Blu-ray's installed base far beyond that of rival format HD DVD, whose supporters announced at their own press conference an installed base of just 175,000 players sold.

But the HD DVD camp had its own story to tell, emphasizing their format's high attach rates (which they annualize at 28 discs per player), while implying that most PS3 owners had yet to actually buy a single Blu-ray movie disc. HD DVD backers went so far as to differentiate buyer intent between the two competing game console high-def playback solutions, including this statement in their CES press release: "With the knowledge that every Xbox 360 HD DVD player sold is purchased by someone who wants to watch high definition movies, studios supporting HD DVD see significant value in the player, as a great way to bring "The Look and Sound of Perfect" to gamers while helping ensure strong movie attach rates for each and every player sold."

Without publicly available (and independently reported) overall high-def disc sales for either HD DVD or Blu-ray, there's no way of officially telling which format might be benefiting most from their stated advantage, although Blu-ray backing studio Fox said this morning in a new press release (look for a separate story on that topic shortly) that Blu-ray disc sales surpassed HD DVD for the first time the week of December 24 -- by a healthy 20%. The studio also cited internal research indicating a growing sales gap that would see Blu-ray outselling HD DVD by a 3.5-to-1 ratio by the end of March this year. ::)

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Jan 09, 2007 at 07:33 AM »
CES: Fox, MGM Plan 2007 Blu-ray Assault ;D ;D

New title announcements continue to pour out of CES, with Fox/MGM announcing an extensive lineup of Blu-ray new release and catalog hits to come throughout 2007.

In advance of the Blu-ray Group's press conference to be held this afternoon at CES, the studios have issued a joint press release detailing their upcoming Blu-ray release plans. Among the many titles due for release this year from Fox include a very balanced, impressive assortment of both blockbuster theatrical hits and catalog favorites: :

April 3: 'The Fly (1986),' 'Tristan & Isolde,' 'Me, Myself & Irene,' 'Dude, Where's My Car?'

April 17: 'Turistas'

May: 'Master & Commander,' 'Man on Fire,' 'Edward Scissorhands,' 'Predator,' 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid,' 'The Siege'

June: 'Independence Day,' 'I, Robot,' 'Cast Away'

And from MGM:

April: 'The Silence of the Lambs,' 'Hannibal'

May: 'Platoon,' 'The Graduate,' 'Battle of Britain,' 'A Bridge Too Far'

June: 'Ronin,' 'To Live & Die in L.A.,' 'A Fistful of Dollars,' 'Out of Time,' 'Walking Tall,' 'Bull Durham'

No specs for the above have yet to be unveiled, but according to release, Fox/MGM plans to aggressively support Blu-ray's cutting-edge interactive technology, including BD-Java and the increased storage capacity of 50GB dual-layer discs.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Jan 09, 2007 at 07:57 AM »
I read New Line Cinema is now HD DVD, They'll be releasing The Matrix the LOTR Trilogies this year. 

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Jan 09, 2007 at 08:23 AM »
Sony displays prototype "Sapphire" second-gen Blu-ray players

Unfortunately they were only given a passing mention during Sony's CES press conference earlier, but a quick look at the fact sheet revealed a few additional details about these two second generation Blu-ray players with launch and price TBA. Named Sapphire 1 and 2, we don't know what makes them different from each other, but the only features listed are 1080p24 output, and support for x.v.Color, Sony's term for the xvYCC expanded color space. Of course, we're most interested in seeing if they can load a Blu-ray movie as fast as the PlayStation 3, but that remains to be seen. Impress Watch got a look at the two players, but it will likely be a while before we find out more about what the followups to Sony's BDP-S1 will be capable of.

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Jan 09, 2007 at 09:03 AM »
I read New Line Cinema is now HD DVD, They'll be releasing The Matrix the LOTR Trilogies this year. 

Matrix Trilogy Series home studio is Warner Brothers. Only LOTR is New Line Cinema.  New Line Cinema is a subsidiary of AOL TIME Warner.