Author Topic: SHARP AQUOS 65" chipipay  (Read 1679 times)

Offline hwitwowans

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SHARP AQUOS 65" chipipay
« on: Nov 28, 2006 at 04:19 PM »
mga sirs,

bagito lng po ako dito. i'm just wonderin' xe bket sobrang mahal etong LCD TV nato....we may say 65" ito pero ang layo ng agwat sa ibang LCD TVs as in 1.3 million PHPang price....bket po ganun?alam nyo po ba kung bket gnun?salamat po.....

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
Re: SHARP AQUOS 65" chipipay
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 08:34 AM »
Because it is absolutely wasteful to manufacture very huge sized LCD panels.  The new 8th generation factories of top class makers are able to produce 40V-52V LCDs at lower costs now because of higher yield.  65V should follow the same trend soon.

Because at the moment, 65V is the biggest commercially available LCD size.  Anything bigger is still beyond marketable price.  Makers like Sharp are still scratching their heads trying to figure out how to cut manufacturing costs for something as big as 65V.    So when you buy a 65V, you're also shouldering a good chunk of developmental costs.

Because it is a Sharp, the undisputed No. 1 LCD maker in Japan with more than 50% share of the very high-end Japanese market.

Because almost all components of Sharp are still made in Japan, ESPECIALLY the panel itself.

Because the bigger the LCD panel, the greater the challenge to actually implement an engine and all relevant circuitries that would optimize the overall picture quality.

Because it is a Sharp and it sells like hot-cake no matter how expensive, they are trying to maintain the premium on the brand itself.   Any tourist coming to Tokyo for the first time might be very surprised to find out that in the land of LCDs and Plasmas,  there are no 32" LCD sets selling for less than $1,200, while in the US, 32" LCDs can be had for like $600-900?

As long as the Chinese are not able to "copy" 65Vs, prices will remain high.    The Chinese are getting there I suppose.

BTW, I didn't know that 65V costs 1.3M pesos.   Certainly, that price tag includes shipping, importation duties and taxes, warranty services and mark-up of local stores.  It is also priced at about 1M in Japan, but that is in Yen.

You can also think of it this way.  Not all LCD makers have the capability to produce 65V so it quite a prestige to be able to actually have one in their product line-up.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I think I have not even seen a Sony Bravia LCD bigger than 52V (70 inch Projection TV is another matter and a cheaper and easier technology).  Sharp offered the 65V para ipangtapat sa 65V plasma of Panasonic.  It is more expensive than Plasma and that is not surprising at all.   So essentially, pangyabang lang ng Sharp ang 65V..he he he.   For those who can afford a 65V plasma, puedeng-puede talaga nilang i-pangyabang..he he he

Final point, the Panasonic 103 inch plasma is tagged at 5.6M yen.  At that price, you can buy 5 sets of 65Vs..he he he.   The thing with display size, the proportions are like that of paper.  For instance, sellers are saying that from 32V to 46V, you are getting nearly twice as big a picture.  I've tested this personally and it appears to be true.  From 32V to 42V is like 1.5x.    Therefore, from 32V to 65V is like what???   4x???  What about 65V to 103??  The rest is algebra. 

« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2006 at 09:15 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline hwitwowans

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2006 at 11:54 AM »
thank you sir clondalkin..you do have a bright idea as if you are a marketing manager....thanks for the info... :)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2006 at 12:38 AM »

BTW, I didn't know that 65V costs 1.3M pesos.   Certainly, that price tag includes shipping, importation duties and taxes, warranty services and mark-up of local stores.  It is also priced at about 1M in Japan, but that is in Yen.

1 M Yen is $8,500 or around P430,000, a third of its P1.3M tag price. I read somewhere that LCD panel shipping can be elaborate due to its delicate nature,   it must be the shipping that would double that price.  The rest would be the taxes and dealer mark-up.  Just a guess.  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2006 at 12:48 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline froshie1

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2007 at 10:22 PM »
Newbie here.. What's with the V in the 65V? V = Volts?

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2007 at 12:44 PM »
Newbie here.. What's with the V in the 65V? V = Volts?

"V-inch" (for example, "45V-inch") is a measure of the true size of the flat TV screen, standardizing on the length of the diagonal dimension of the actual viewing area. [Note that the "inch" measurement as used for conventional CRT-based TV picture tubes (for example,  "32-inch") does not refer to the diagonal dimension of the screen that is actually viewable, but rather to the corner-to-corner dimension of the outside diameter of the picture tube (CRT)]."

My guess is, V stands for Viewable.

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2007 at 07:55 AM »
Price went down to P998,000 na lang.

Mahal pa rin... ;-)

Offline dB10

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • karma does not discriminate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Apr 10, 2007 at 09:32 AM »
may 12 months installment na ba?  ;D
"...be careful & ready what you wish for, it may come true"

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2007 at 09:41 AM »
Price went down to P998,000 na lang.

Mahal pa rin... ;-)
isang CRV na yan..... :)

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #9 on: Apr 11, 2007 at 02:19 PM »
wow ang mahal nga ng TV na ito  :o   Kaunti na lang All New CRV na ito. Tama si Munskie  ;D