Author Topic: Just tested the new Bravia 40 inch X series VS.  (Read 855 times)

Offline dannielsimone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Just tested the new Bravia 40 inch X series VS.
« on: Nov 30, 2006 at 08:29 PM »
Tested the new 40 inch LCD X series vs. the Sony SXRD 50 inch (rear projection)of which both are full HD 1080p.  ( Idid not tweak) I compared each set with  the Matrix DVD scene 15 (pretty fast action scene -karate training between morpheous and Neo).  I then did the same with a pirated DVD of "the red hot chilli peppers live from Ireland. On a a scale of one to ten....

the SXRD scored  a 8 for PQ
                                                          the LCD   scored a 9.25

the color on the SXRD scored a 8.5
                                                         the color on the LCD scored a 9.25

The Bravia X was simply beautiful.  I was very impressed.  (gonna have sweet dreams about it)

I then tested a VCD and (as I expected) must say the PQ was poor on both.  The bravia engine with the 1080p picked up and magnified all imperfections......big time.

(Will the full HD 1080 of the bravia X series do the same to my picture with my Sky platinum box?)

By the way...also tested the toshiba 64 inch? ( overall rating a 7)  and the JVC 61 inch?(overall rating a 7.25)  rear projection which was pretty good but not as good as the sony SXRD.

Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10