Author Topic: HELP! Having problems with my tube amp  (Read 5116 times)

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
Re: HELP! Having problems with my tube amp
« Reply #30 on: Dec 12, 2006 at 11:19 PM »
Hi,

At least ok na at next in line na ang amp mo, it's best that it would be thoroughly checked in there. Hope everything goes well with it this time. Medyo bata pa pala yun mga tubes mo, unless it is factory defect or you have the wrong amount of time when it has been put into service.

I do suggest that you update your thread, hindi mo maalis na may mag-isip (I think insinuate is the right term) na paninira ang ginagawa mo if you'll just leave them "hanging", or makisawsaw sa issue and make something out of nothing.  ;D ;D ;D

Regards

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #31 on: Dec 13, 2006 at 12:03 AM »
trod93, hope matapos na kalbaryo mo. bro simple lang un, inumpisahan mo (ang post) tapusin mo. para din sa mga nag-iisip maging tubero o mag transact ng bizness sa mga audio shops. ok endorsement mo ng audioamplified, thats the way to do biz. sana lang mabigyan ng chance yung audio shop na ibigay ang panig nila para parehas. as consumers, we are all concerned at the way these shops do biz so we know whom to patronize and whom to avoid. i recall another issue before - the nad cdp - talagang pinangalanan ang studio systems,- http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=4755.448 

you may want to post here- http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=1821.392
cheers!
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2006 at 12:23 AM by oweidah »

Offline dana

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #32 on: Dec 13, 2006 at 09:43 AM »
i myself anticipate how the misery of trod93 will be resolve.
imagine,malapit na xmas, wlang good sounds to enjoy.... :)
i already pmed this link to the owner we all suspect last week, since he has a handle name here.
i politely asked him, his products/services might be alluded to and maybe needed his prompt reply or action...
well...lets see...

hope maayos na problem. :)

btw, wats in a handle name trod93?...r u familiar with trodtfire amps by mang rod?
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2006 at 09:45 AM by dana »

Offline devo

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • life's a bitch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: Dec 13, 2006 at 11:46 AM »
I finally got to talk to the tech.....
Hi trod93,

my unsolicited advice... after your numerous discussion with the tech, and still very unsatisfied with the results, why don't you go one level higer, ELEVATE YOUR ISSUE TO THE SHOP OWNER HIMSELF, I believe he visits the shop every morning to check on its progress. If the assembly shop you are referring to is the one at FTI, here is the number.. 8380590. Good luck!
rock and roll is here to stay...........

Offline trod93

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Dec 13, 2006 at 04:54 PM »
I have no intention of ruining others biz or anything, just wanted some inputs or comments. Can't believe it's the switch anymore kc. Trouble is some put some color on it. I don't wanna reply on the posts na sana because it has almost blown out of proportion na. I have been silent for quite a while. But, yun na nga, you gotta finish what you started. I'm quite busy na rin lately. This month until elections wala ng pahinga sa printing nito. Who knows before election ends I might add another tube amp in my system. Ehem, baka solid state monoblocks na lang.

How I wish matapos na ito and on a good note. Concentrate muna tayo sa negosyo.

Offline trod93

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Dec 15, 2006 at 09:37 PM »
got my amp yesterday. listened to it for 2 hours without any issue. hope the problem is over. medyo napapapikit na nga ako eh...sa antok.

i was able to talk to the owner and told me they made adjustments on the transformer to give it more headroom for voltage fluctuations, dami pa sinabi but it's tech lingo which i can't fathom. a few resistors were changed as well. also, a new switch was installed - looks cheap but seems to be of heavy duty kind. it was tested for 1 1/2 days daw. good news is, i didn't pay for any of this! nakabili tuloy ng CDs sa watt hifi. sad thing is, one tube is a little weak na raw. 6ca7 fat bottle lang katapat niyan sabi nga ni jojod.

hopefully, this is the beginning of my quest for what you guys call "audio nirvana". know what, when i first got this amp, dami kong plans: tube rolling, a list of accessories and the like. planned to call my utol in tate for new gears. so, you can just imagine how i felt when all these things cropped up. everything went to a halt, nawala excitement.

anyway, all's well that ends well. handshake pa nga kami ni AS. baka may project pa kaming gawin in a resort in the north, as long as this amp holds its own until then. business(AS) with pleasure(me) yon.  pleasure lang sa akin, nabarkada ko na may-ari ng resort. unless, AS has a plan for another amp.

Thanks to all.

trod93 signing off.

p.s. how do you delete this post anyway? seems inappropriate now that it's over. i hope.

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #36 on: Dec 16, 2006 at 09:02 PM »
congrats trod93! finally, you can now relax and listen to your tube amp.  8)

regards

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #37 on: Dec 18, 2006 at 11:02 AM »
sir trod93 congrats happy na holidays mo! ;D

Offline dana

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #38 on: Dec 19, 2006 at 08:10 AM »
Sit back, relax, enjoy the GLOW & the music...ayuz na buto buto!
Happy Holidays mga Bro! :)

Offline trod93

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jan 01, 2007 at 08:26 PM »
it is indeed a happy new year, my amp hasn't "glowed" ever since. got my new EH 6CA7 matched quads.  i'm getting more bass from them, although, the highs are a little forward for my taste. still need quite some time to break them in i guess. got these 6CA7s for $13.00 each or about Php 2,500 only for the matched quads. sayang nga i could'v e gotten other tubes pa, like, nos GE 6DJ8s at $ 5.00 each, but my brother didn't have time to wait for them anymore. tubes are now on sale in the US.

i'm more relaxed and at ease with the amp now, listening in triode mode and at higher volume levels na. the amp looks a lot different na rin with the wood trimmings i've added. man, after all the trouble, i'm now back to enjoying music without any worries. time to gobble up new CDs again.

more power to you guys!