DVD Forum > Online Shopping

Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A

(1/457) > >>

hemisphere:
i have read the Star Wars DVD thread and i was amazed by the fast delivery made by Amazon.com and without customs tax. At first, i thought some members "just got lucky". but it was a surprise of a lifetime when i received a notification from the Air Mail section of our local post office stating that I have a package due for claiming. The PO opted not to deliver the package because it weighs 5.41 pounds. but as a rule, all local mails/package should and would be delivered directly to the shipping address according to the PO officer.

Wow!!!

I checked the package and it was mailed by Royale Logistics Philippines Inc. in behalf of Amazon. And because it's considered a local mail, no customs fees would be imposed to the receiver.. Wow again!!!

I emailed  Amazon immediately and ask if this process is applicable to all packages. should this be case, we will all save a lot of our precious moneys from customs tax and high postage cost. still waiting for Amazon's reply but i hope some of you have inquired about this.

any builds?

8)

hemisphere:
Amazon's immediate reply...

-----------------------------------

Thank you for writing to Amazon.com to let us know that your package
arrived safely.  We hope you enjoy your order .

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding this shipping method.
Deutsche Post is a worldwide mail carrier with regional shipping hubs
in many countries.  Packages shipped via Deutsche Post are sent to
Deutsche Post's nearest regional shipping hub and then delivered to
customers by their local postal authorities.  Packages sent via
Deutsche Post are not delivered to customers by Deutsche Post unless
Germany is the final destination of the package.

Also, note that the the decision of the delivery is on the sole
discrition of the local postal and custome authorities and not of the
Deutsche Post.  Therefore, it is not guaranteed that every time you
will get you packages delivered to your address directly and they may
sometimes ask you to pick your packages.

---------------------------------

krets pulpol:
sssshhhh wag kayo masyado maingay about "not paying dues" in customs, they might discover it.  alam nyo naman ngayon, short ang pilipinas sa budget kaya congress and lawmakers are itching to put taxes on anything.  kahit  text messages and bottled water, gusto lagyan ng tax hahaha kaya ingat lang mga friends.

;D 8)

hemisphere:
naku.. let's lock this thread agad..

hubes:
hi redge. medyo di ko na gets to ah. 

--- Quote from: hemisphere1234 on Oct 18, 2004 at 05:59 PM ---but it was a surprise of a lifetime when i received a notification from the Air Mail section of our local post office stating that I have a package due for claiming. The PO opted not to deliver the package because it weighs 5.41 pounds. but as a rule, all local mails/package should and would be delivered directly to the shipping address according to the PO officer.

Wow!!!

I checked the package and it was mailed by Royale Logistics Philippines Inc. on behalf of Amazon. And because it's considered a local mail, no customs fees would be imposed to the receiver.. Wow again!!!

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version