Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 415862 times)

Offline kawboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Amazon.com and Royale Logistics Philippines Delivery
« Reply #120 on: Dec 16, 2004 at 10:16 PM »
Thanks again for the reply. I just phoned home.
dumating na pala nung tuesday pa..... at no extra cost!  ;D
yipee!

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #121 on: Dec 19, 2004 at 10:52 AM »
this is a very convenient way to purchase dvds online.  shipping cost would vary from $2.5 - $4.00 and you get your dvds straight to your home.

unfortunately, for some international parcel PO peepz, business has declined. i have visited three (3) POs already and this is a black friday news for them. it has been three months and no amazon US shipment has arrived. oh well, i guess from this day on, they should learn to rethink their old ways and treat collectors and consumers in general with respect.. "crocodile" mentality came to an end.. at least from AMAZON US standpoint.

8)
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2004 at 11:04 AM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline Muttley

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Dec 20, 2004 at 11:17 AM »
 My order was shipped Dec 3, Wala Pa ??? Ano kaya posibleng nagyari :'(

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Dec 20, 2004 at 09:56 PM »
bro.. mine was shipped first week of december and it has not arrived yet.. maybe just the usual delay.. if the delivery estimate has passed, do write and inform them about the status..

good luck.. :)

Offline Muttley

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Dec 21, 2004 at 08:56 AM »
Buti na lang may Hemisphere sa Pdvd  ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2004 at 08:57 AM by Muttley »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Dec 21, 2004 at 06:10 PM »
Buti na lang may Hemisphere sa Pdvd  ;D ;D ;D

asus sir.. di naman.. too much battles made me a wiser collector lang...  pero tengks..   ;)

Offline JhunDV

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Good old-fashioned lover boy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Dec 23, 2004 at 11:27 AM »
My Matrix Limited Collector's Set that was shipped last Dec 3 finally arrived.   :)
The sad news is that it wasn't delivered by Royal Logistics,  I had to get it from the post office where I was charged 1.6k worth of taxes.   :(
Panny 50VT30 - Onkyo 818 - Polk  RTiA5/CSiA6/FXiA4/DSWPro550 - MEDE8ER 1000x3D - Synology DS413j

Offline random

• Collector
  • ProjectD
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Dec 23, 2004 at 01:01 PM »
My LOTR EE Trilogy was shipped December 13, got it December 18 from the post office pero walang charge. ;D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Dec 23, 2004 at 02:20 PM »
My Matrix Limited Collector's Set that was shipped last Dec 3 finally arrived.   :)
The sad news is that it wasn't delivered by Royal Logistics,  I had to get it from the post office where I was charged 1.6k worth of taxes.   :(

too bad.. jhundv, did you use standard shipping? my order was shipped expedited and to date, still no sign of delivery while my other amazon orders shipped standard has arrived today..

even at 10,000 miles, i never thought this package lost or delay would be this contagious.. LOL.  ;D

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Dec 23, 2004 at 08:20 PM »
Why are Amazon & Royal so inconsistent? I remember sir hem you receiving your package in just 7 days with Standard Int'l. I ordered a box set via Expedited and got it after close to 4 weeks (although with in their target date). Tapos, sometimes packages go thru Royal other times sa PO.  ???

That incident with JhunDV is really unfortunate... did you get an official receipt JhunDV? Yung official one issued by government agencies? Makes me wonder how my package arriving mid-January would be treated...  :-\

I guess ordering from Amazon is like Russian roulette now... You wouldn't know if you'll get the "bullet" on your next order...

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Dec 27, 2004 at 10:55 PM »
agree sir jeckjeck, it is indeed a gamble..

---------

just to share, i placed almost 20 dvds in my cart and proceeded with the checkout process.. details as follows:

Shipping estimate: December 31, 2009
Delivery estimate: January 25, 2010 - January 31, 2010

LOL.. cant stop laughing.. tagal naman.. baka abutan na ako ng blue ray.. just emailed them to confirm.

8)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Dec 27, 2004 at 11:42 PM »
given the inconsistencies, i think the best way to ship would be via JAC

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Dec 28, 2004 at 12:06 PM »
jeckjeck.. this is amazon's reply to my inquiry regarding the 2010 shipping estimate:

----------

Our latest information indicates that "My Own Private Idaho -
Criterion Collection"
and "Kagemusha - Criterion Collection" has not
yet been released and the expected release date is not known.  Our
suppliers have supplied the 2010 release date simply as a stand-in
until they have more definite information.

---------

sounds logical to me..

8)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 02:35 AM »
Amazingly logical sir hem...  ;D
Medyo OP but I heard on CNN that Amazon achieved record sales this holiday season 2004... Dahil siguro sa LOTR at Matrix 'to plus their other new releases... Ilang percent kaya ang contribution ng Philippine buyers specifically pinoydvd members  ;D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 03:23 AM »
not sure if the Philippine market comprises a big chunk of their business. i guess North America and Europe still pushed Amazon's skyhigh profit. the only people who can give light to your query is firewired and i guess baby.. who once has seen a thousand packages being dumped in a local PO.

i guess.. we just have to support Amazon and be good and honest consumers. after all, it's the best online store we all have ever transact with.

sya nga pala, i have to suggest (to Amazon) if it would be possible to use generic boxes instead of big amazon logos printed on it.. logic behind, this would lessen temptation for PO employees and other courier and thus minimize lost or tampering of packages. and also, to help minimize customs taxes. i may be wrong but.. every amazon box for customs people is a box of gold..  in many ways,  this proposition might help both collectors and amazon.

8)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 03:28 AM »
That's a great idea hem.. maybe we should start a campaign via one e-mail to them with all our Amazon-registered e-maill addresses listed in lieu of our "signatures"  ;D
This would really benefit them if it would deter theft of Amazon goods here in the Philippines... maybe we could even suggest less bulkier packaging...  :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 04:03 AM »
bulkier packaging is a must for ultimate protection dude.. i dont think we can touch that aspect.

the email campaign is viable. although, i am very doubtful that our numbers would be sufficient to pursue this undertaking. nor would pinoydvd members email amazon and take this suggestion?  but i guess we would have to look at the bright side of things..

also, hope our fellow members would take the time to show appreciation not only to amazon but all the online stores. a simple thank you i have received the order in excellent condition would be appreciated by anyone.. parang sa marketplace feedback lang yan bro..

anyhow, got a PO notification and i think this is not a royale logistics shipment.

oh no!! big boxes straight to the PO??   ???

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 01:00 PM »
brod hemi is right.We should e-mail them back just to inform them that you have received the item.if it arives early.give them credit.pampataba ba ng puso.Its away lang para masave ang reputation ng Philippines.Be honest to them.As for the package that some of them ariving "via royal rolistics" or not "via local post (deutche post)"it depend on the size of the shipment and the shipping points of amazon.Amazon has many distributions point spread through out u.s..Verly less chance that your shipment will arive via royal logistic if your order is big or you ordered many dvd's etc.Brod hemi is also right that we should petition amazon to use no print box.MAIINIT kasi sa mata yun sa local post.And also amazon use different types of boxes and the way it was packed from different distribution points.Some are packed with a big shrink wrap with a carton as the size of the base of the box itself.some,they place the actual item or dvd and place alot of small air bags.so big packages is not a problem.it adds up to protect the item.and all amazon packages that arive via royal logistics are sent through pasay post office.for example.they shipped it dec 15.it may take 2-3 days to arive for example makati post office.so it adds up to the delivery time.but the truth is matagal na dito sa Philippines.because its standard delivery.pasa pasa. ;D.

Offline animated

• Collector
  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Jan 03, 2005 at 09:03 PM »
hey all.

just wanted to share my experience.

i ordered a boxset from amazon last dec.13 and it was shipped dec.14. it just arrived today via royale logistics phils.  :) i only had to pay the alabang P.O. 30 pesos! sweet!

i'd like to thank you guys for helping me take the online shopping plunge with your feedbacks on amazon and, of course, royale logistics. not bad for my very first order. :) hopefully all of our orders will go through them.

pinoyDVD rocks! you guys rule.  ;D

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #139 on: Jan 03, 2005 at 09:23 PM »
hey all. just wanted to share my experience.

i ordered a boxset from amazon last dec.13 and it was shipped dec.14. it just arrived today via royale logistics phils.  :) i only had to pay the alabang P.O. 30 pesos! sweet!.....

Congrat animated! :) Like everyone else it's always kind of scary taking the first plunge... Wow P30lang, not bad at all  ;)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Jan 03, 2005 at 10:00 PM »
hey all.

just wanted to share my experience.

i ordered a boxset from amazon last dec.13 and it was shipped dec.14. it just arrived today via royale logistics phils.  :) i only had to pay the alabang P.O. 30 pesos! sweet!

i'd like to thank you guys for helping me take the online shopping plunge with your feedbacks on amazon and, of course, royale logistics. not bad for my very first order. :) hopefully all of our orders will go through them.

pinoyDVD rocks! you guys rule.  ;D

Congrats animated! Was your order sent thru Standard Shipping or Expedited Int'l? My orders kasi were shipped Dec. 15 via Standard and delivery estimate given by Amazon was January 11 to 17. What was their delivery estimate to you?

Thanks!

Offline animated

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Jan 04, 2005 at 07:12 AM »
Congrats animated! Was your order sent thru Standard Shipping or Expedited Int'l? My orders kasi were shipped Dec. 15 via Standard and delivery estimate given by Amazon was January 11 to 17. What was their delivery estimate to you?

Thanks!

jeckjeck,

it was sent through standard int'l shipping. amazon's delivery estimate was january 11-24! i was actually bitching about how long the delivery will take to my friend yesterday then the doorbell rang and my notice from the post office was in the mailbox.  ;D

hehehe... i guess amazon has my room bugged or something.  ;) 

hope your order arrives soon!  :)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Jan 04, 2005 at 04:15 PM »
thanks! enjoy your dvds. what did you order by the way?
I hope my orders arrive soon na rin!
I think the Alabang PO people are better at customer service than at the other POs. Maybe because they deal with a lot more foreigners or business people... We're lucky Alabang PO tayo...  ;D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Jan 04, 2005 at 04:31 PM »
how come we dont get charged P30.00 if we need to pick up our amazon (shipped via royale logistics) packages in las pinas?

not that i'm complaining..  i guess we're luckier by 30 bucks per package...   ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2005 at 04:32 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Jan 04, 2005 at 04:48 PM »
maybe hem the P30 is for the "customer service." The Alabang PO people are really nice especially the old guy whose name I just forgot... From what I've heard and read here, the Las Pinas PO is BAAAAAAAAD... a crocodile pit...  :D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Jan 04, 2005 at 04:59 PM »
jeckjeck, try not to confuse yourself.  Royale Logistics Shipments are shipped locally therefore im referring to the group/department who handles local mails.

in the context of amazon packages (shipped via royale logistics), i guess LP collectors are still lucky.  8) yun nga lang by P30.00 per package. pero minsan P30.00 lang hirap pa i-haggle sa mga sellers sa marketplace.. LOL!!

on the other hand, the international parcel department of LPPO is a different subject altogether.. not to mention that  they have continually been losing my LE's left and right.. (argh!!) very OT..

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Jan 04, 2005 at 05:08 PM »
the Alabang PO kasi is very small. Siguro wala pang 30sq. mtrs. yung office nila. I think they only have 4 or 5 employees there... I don't know but all packages I've received so far from Amazon & korean have P30 fees. This was true as well when I received international packages from the Makati Central PO

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Jan 04, 2005 at 05:24 PM »
cant comment with that.. i havent tried shipping my amazon orders using makati as a destination point.

;)

Offline musichelle

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 07:59 AM »
any feedback on Makati PO? especially the one near ayala avenue?

Offline animated

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 08:18 AM »
thanks! enjoy your dvds. what did you order by the way?
I hope my orders arrive soon na rin!

i ordered the AnimEigo Macross Boxset #1. i've always wanted to see the original macross apart from the robotech dub.  :) and just because i'm a big fanboy. ;D

I think the Alabang PO people are better at customer service than at the other POs. Maybe because they deal with a lot more foreigners or business people... We're lucky Alabang PO tayo...  ;D

yeah. i hope the alabang P.O. doesn't get corrupted.  :) i actually noticed a couple more amazon boxes when i got my package. hope one of those was yours! ;D

on a side note, the guy i talked to said that they might return to their original location (near ATC) within the month.
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2005 at 08:19 AM by animated »