Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 420858 times)

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Amazon.com and Royale Logistics Philippines Delivery
« Reply #180 on: Jan 22, 2005 at 07:39 AM »
Update naman guys! Any of you received your December orders already? Mine hasn't arrived yet. Medyo kabado na rin ako since last day of delivery estimate is Monday...

telemachus? hemisphere?  ???

yesterday,  i received a package shipped january 9,  2005. it includes Back to the Future Trilogy

i  regret to inform you that i have received the version 1 release. worse, the teeth are damaged and the discs all full of scratches. i am not asking for a replacement but rather would ship this back to amazon (at my cost). unfortunately, a number of dvd orders received in the past three months were either lemon, damaged, or simply scratched. 

i have called their attention in explaining this not so rare phenomena. in return they called my attention and issued a warning because of these instances. their point simply states that they would be losing more money if they continue to accommodate my orders.  WHAT?!? after spending thousands of dollars on legitimate dvds and my executive time spent in exchanging correspondences with their not too bright generic emailers...  fine with me.

i am sending BTTF and other dvds to prove my point. i am only one in a million of customers and i think amazon wont really care if they lose my account. actually, because of this, i have opted to minimize my DVD online shopping and focus on LE's instead and if only a good release comes along.  also, i started to question this expensive hobby of mine. after the customs and fedex incidents, i have long asked for a final sign and i have never anticipated that it would come from amazon.  my friends knew better all along.... and my mother's statement, now dignified.

to answer your question, my LOTR ROTK Gift set and EE (and other dvds) have not been received. shipped dec 7, 2004. have to order numerous EE from different online stores for my convenience.  imagine my frustration.. i have placed my orders last october 2 and actually be one of the last collectors to get this dvd essentials so to speak.. btw, my amazon UK and Canada orders shipped november 2004 have not been received.

for someone who orders 3 times a week from online stores, i find it both daunting and difficult to keep my cool and brew patience while i exhale my usual medicine in the morning.. this has got to stop somewhere.

:(

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #181 on: Jan 22, 2005 at 06:03 PM »
sorry to hear this hem... napapaisip na rin 2loy ako...  ???

Offline Compaq

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: Jan 22, 2005 at 07:03 PM »
... hmmm, me thinks.

Medyo naguluhan ata ako, I also ordered/purchase BTTF from Amazon and it was shipped (together with The Fifth Element UE) last January 11. When I checked AMAZON, just now, it says that the Availability of BTTF is on January 25. Eh anong version yung nai-shipped sa akin? Please don't say a word, Am confused ??? I don't remember that notice when I placed my order for BTTF.

BTTF LINK @ AMAZON

Items shipped on January 15, 2005:
 Delivery estimate: February 11, 2005 - February 24, 2005
1 package via International Shipping 1 of: The Fifth Element (Ultimate Edition)
1 of: Back to the Future - The Complete Trilogy (Widescreen Edition)

.... well, keeping my fingers crossed..

Cheers!!!
Compaq

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: Jan 22, 2005 at 09:10 PM »
compaq.. keep your fingers crossed.  i might be wrong though.. the only basis for the distinction of BTTF version 2 is the sticker which says V2.. the one i received has none..  have not opened the dvd set cause ill be shipping this back to amazon US.

8)

Offline JhunDV

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Good old-fashioned lover boy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Jan 22, 2005 at 11:27 PM »
hem, sorry to hear about your problem with Amazon.  So far, I haven't yet received an email from them in such manner.  And my orders have been delivered well within the estimated delivery period, except in very few cases.  Actually, a replacement copy of a defective title was recently shipped thru DHL so I got the package in only 3 days.  I hope your experience was just an exception to their normal understanding and courteous attitude towards their customers.   :)

As for BTTF, mine is now at the hands of my officemate in Hawaii who'll be back next week.  Now I don't know what I'll do if I got the Version 1 copy.... ???

compaq, January 25 is the re-release date of BTTF, I think.  :)
Panny 50VT30 - Onkyo 818 - Polk  RTiA5/CSiA6/FXiA4/DSWPro550 - MEDE8ER 1000x3D - Synology DS413j

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Jan 23, 2005 at 01:33 AM »
anyhow, i figured out that i have a bigger chance of getting these defective materials and packages lost cause of the frequency of ordering.  funny thing is.. amazon made it appear that im the one with the problem and efficiency in all business aspects is consistently high from their end. 

i think most of the marketplace sellers here in pinoydvd know that i am too meticulous about the dvd's pristine and excellent packaging. give me a scratched disc and i wont complain (i might inform you though) but give me a damaged packaging and i will return the merchandise to my dissatisfaction. i have continually called amazon's attention regarding the extra care and quality control of the dvd packaging especially for international orders. to no avail, i keep on receiving these lemons: digipack broken, tins with dents, slip cases with tear, plexiglasses broken.  i have offered to ship these items to them at my cost.. but the generic emails said..  it is the most unwise option. and yes, as per instruction, many preschoolers and film students have productively utilized and benefited from these damaged technological wonders. one of the complaints also are the lost packages which i wont touch since i recently filed my cases with CMEX (?). the PO's assigned should be deliberately investigated. 

at this point, i think it's irrelevant to appeal my case but i explained briefly my perspectives and contact points in my email... and as expected it was answered again by a generic reply. anyhow, my previously placed orders continue to ship one by one as i check my credit card's available balance slowly depleting. but i received not a single correspondence from amazon that the orders were processed.

for 3-4 months now, and all my friends know this, my amazon account has been experiencing a malfunction. weird. it took them a month to fix it. because of this, i was given quite a number of GC's and free shipping privileges.. not knowing that they would take these kind gestures against me. hmp.. well, i advise you guys to refuse the free lunch.

this is a d**n(ed) if you do, d**n(ed) if you dont situation for me. if i tell them "the" plain truth that the packages were lost and products received were sometimes not in pristine condition (damaged even before the items were shipped), i may put the Philippine market in to peril. another point against the Philippine by virtue of the ever growing notion that the Philippines is a "high risk place to ship any merchandise", as quoted from a popular korean dvd online store owner.  should i tell them otherwise, ill not be vindicated. they would think that an unrighteous thing has been done and will be committed under my account. i guess i'll just listen to Mark Twain's when in doubt, tell the truth perspective.. currently, i am still waiting for an unanswered email before the complete coup de grace happens.

anyhow, i hope this is an isolated case.. in the meantime, enjoy your online shopping and your dvds.  go for legitimacy..

good luck guys..

:)
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2005 at 01:47 AM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Jan 23, 2005 at 09:00 PM »
Hemisphere dude that's another battle to speak of. Your decision is good better limit yourself to the Limited edition releases baka na-delay lang yung mga pending orders mo or something is wrong in our postal mailing system.

Sorry to hear that.  :(

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: Jan 24, 2005 at 11:19 AM »
Sorry to hear about your travails, Hemisphere. 

What kind of shipping have you been using for your discs?  If you haven't already, maybe you can try a courier like DHL for the stuff you really must have in prisitine condition, like deluxe boxed sets or discs with special packaging. Mas mahal ng di-hamak (not to mention taxes and whatnot), but you won't be using it as often and at least you'll have more peace of mind. Tapos for regular releases or discs that come in amaray cases, then opt for standard shipping on those?

Just a suggestion.  Hope things work out.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: Jan 24, 2005 at 02:12 PM »
thanks chet.. would refrain from purchasing from Amazon again.  now that the STL has been discontinued indefinitely, no point in pursuing this case any further.

i am shipping my dvds via DHL and PO. with DHL shipment, i have received damaged eternal sunshine CE and poppins dvds (among other titles). slip cases lang ang damaged. pero more than twice nangyari ang scratched discs... weird. sa PO, i have not received so many orders.  i guess.. it's a local conspiracy. tried to address my orders to different people/location, lalo ata naging grabe.

anyhow, would be shipping again via JAC and order again from dvdempire, dvdetective and tower. i dont really mind paying more just as long as the items arrive safely, mint and as advertised. plus, i just dont appreciate labelling my account as delinquent especially after spending more than 5 dollar digits on dvds alone last year.. plus books pa.

now, i understand why people come and go in this hobby.

« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2005 at 02:32 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Jan 24, 2005 at 02:59 PM »
Hemisphere dude that's another battle to speak of. Your decision is good better limit yourself to the Limited edition releases baka na-delay lang yung mga pending orders mo or something is wrong in our postal mailing system.

dude, thanks for the heads up. appreciate your reply and stick to LE's instead. regarding the postal processes, i think it's permanent that packages are lost or delayed. the PO cant all of a sudden change its system just because i'm mad.

weird lang kasi amazon cant say if my LOTR ROTK Gift Set and EE were shipped using royale logistics or via deutsch post... both owned/operated by DHL worldwide btw... correct me if am wrong.

i may not live up to my dvd motto .. the harder to get, the better to have. i've measured my limits sir.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Jan 25, 2005 at 12:37 AM »
today was the last day of the delivery estimate but no sign of any notice from the P.O....  :(

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: Jan 25, 2005 at 10:57 AM »
My order for a single dvd was shipped via Int'l Standard Shipping on January 6, 2005 and was delivered to my door in Makati on last  January 23, 2005.

Hope this proves useful to those still waiting for orders.  :)
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2005 at 10:58 AM by Chet »

Offline cineaste

• Collector
  • Do whatever you wanna do with me, just do it right
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: Jan 25, 2005 at 10:58 PM »
I get my dvds at Barnes and Noble. For some reason (one of them is the dvds are cheaper, and the books too) I like them better.  Never ever had a problem with them.
To the table or to bed, you must come when you are bid.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Feb 01, 2005 at 05:44 PM »
That's it... Looks like my Amazon order will never arrive. Chalk up 2 more discs to lost packages...  >:(

hemisphere, how do I reports this to Amazon???  :P I tried sa site mismo but I cannot find anything there to assist members on lost packages...

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Feb 01, 2005 at 06:28 PM »
you may check the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/cancelling-changing.html/103-8101552-9453463?

good luck..

Salamat sir... I may need luck. Good thing the dvds are not what I would consider "essential." Just a couple of Chris Rock shows but sayang din ang binayad ko.  :P

From experience, what is Amazon's policy on lost packages.  ???

Thanks!

Offline Compaq

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Feb 03, 2005 at 02:12 PM »
compaq.. keep your fingers crossed.  i might be wrong though.. the only basis for the distinction of BTTF version 2 is the sticker which says V2.. the one i received has none..  have not opened the dvd set cause ill be shipping this back to amazon US.

8)

Received my BTTF, together with The Fifth Element UE, today. No sticker or any indication that it's V2. The issue might be late, very late but how will I know that this is v1 or v2?

It doesn't look like this -

Yung sticker niya is a red/white, oval and sticked in the upper portion of the set

... but in fairness, it was shipped last jan16 and I got the package today, in the office. :)

Cheers!!!
Compaq

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Feb 03, 2005 at 04:02 PM »
well..  :-\ :-\

i'm afraid we both got V1 of BTTF...

Offline edgar23

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Feb 04, 2005 at 10:01 AM »
I ordered The Pianist from Amazon.ca and the order was shipped Dec8, 2004. The estimated delivery is Jan 19 - Feb 2, 2005. Since my order hasn't harrived yet, I emailed them. They told me "wait until close of business on Feb 9, 2005 for it to arrive". What does this "close of business" mean?

Actually nag-papanic na ko kasi Feb 4 na.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Feb 04, 2005 at 10:24 AM »
close of business .. means 6pm, our time.. or close of business hours of your Post Office.

Offline edgar23

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Feb 04, 2005 at 11:06 AM »
Oh i see...I was thinking that they will clsoe my order or sumthing...forgive my ignorance :p Anyway, as i have said...i'm already in the panic mode...can i go directly to the Post Office and ask if they have a package for me that they just haven't sent? Is it even possible that they don't send it immediately to the recepient?

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Feb 04, 2005 at 03:27 PM »
welcome..

yes. you can check with PO personally and check all the listings that they have.. i have been religously doing that to check my Amazon UK and Ca orders, shipped november 2004. hanggang ngayon wala.. :( ordered The Pianist, Shrek LE and Les Miserables.. tsk tsk tsk..

Offline edgar23

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Feb 04, 2005 at 05:20 PM »
naku mas matagal pa pala yang syo. gd luck satin :) cge ill check mine sa post office. Thanks again.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Feb 05, 2005 at 12:22 PM »
naku mas matagal pa pala yang syo. gd luck satin :) cge ill check mine sa post office. Thanks again.

hehehehehe.. you just have to consider yourself lucky sometimes.. and you'll feel good. as for me, no amazon orders for single disc titles.. mga small boxsets na lang. the price difference is slim kasi.. might go for dvdempire or B&N from now on..

:)
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2005 at 05:45 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Feb 05, 2005 at 05:39 PM »
is the royale logistics delivery still being practiced to date? as in no customs charge?

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Feb 05, 2005 at 06:13 PM »
consider some of you guys lucky. 90% of my package go through customs >:( and have to feed those hungry *#%^#$&. :)

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Feb 06, 2005 at 01:21 AM »
is the royale logistics delivery still being practiced to date?

Just received two shipments from Royale Logistics.  One shipped on Janurary 18 and the other January 19.

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: Feb 06, 2005 at 06:42 AM »
is the royale logistics delivery still being practiced to date? as in no customs charge?

Yeah until now. Above 50 bucks I think has customs charge.

Offline edgar23

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Feb 14, 2005 at 04:38 PM »
just an FYI, since yung order ko from Amazon.ca hasn't arrived on the estimated date (feb 2) i emailed them Feb 3 regarding my order. They told me to wait until Feb 9 and if still it hasn't arrived, email them again. so that's what i did. The next day, they told me that my package might be lost already so they sent me a new one (priority shipping - DHL) everything free of charge. it arrived today :) so kung sino pa sa inyo may pending, you might want to email them.

Offline edgar23

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Feb 15, 2005 at 12:11 PM »
By the way, there is a P538.04 customs fee which was automaticlly charged to my credit card. This is regarding my post above. I guess mas ok na yan kesa wala.