Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 420656 times)

Offline subtitle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • W
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Amazon.com and Royale Logistics Philippines Delivery
« Reply #450 on: Oct 06, 2006 at 05:43 PM »
do they say why amazon.com packages don't have that 35 peso fee?

regarding stocking up the packages before sending out the notices, parang ganun din sa last package ko. it was shipped by amazon sept. 19, but merong post mark ng QC post office ng sept. 27 (nine days). i just got the notice oct. 5 (yesterday).

DVD_Freak, buti pumayag sila ng ganun, although in the first place, hindi dapat nila i-add up yun since they are clearly separate packages.

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #451 on: Oct 06, 2006 at 11:31 PM »
Packages from Amazon US should be with out tax and should be delivered to our doorstep.  Because Royal Logistics already paid the delivery fee to Phil Post to deliver them door to door.  But local post office personel saw the potential of milking out more money because they see that alot of us now ordered from Amazon.  Napapansin siguro nila na marami na comapared dati.  So instead of delivering them, they send out notices for you to pick them up and include them in international section intead of the local section. at para may bayad na storage fee of 35 pesos.  and other post office iniipon mga packages para lumampas sa $50 to make you pay for customs duties or tax.  Syempre mataas ang tax but they will offer you lower rate but without the receipt which go directly to their pockets.  Remmember guys malapit na pasko at marami na ang nagraraket specialy those in the govenment.  Excuse lang po sa mga taga gobyerno.  I myself also work in a government controlled company/institution and I know the workings inside.  Madumi talaga.  Hindi naman lahat in fairness.  But 75% are.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #452 on: Oct 07, 2006 at 01:46 PM »
DVD_Freak, buti pumayag sila ng ganun, although in the first place, hindi dapat nila i-add up yun since they are clearly separate packages.

The person from the post office didn't have a choice.  Besides I wasn't too happy about his sarcastic remark.  his tone sounded like "naisahan niya ako!!!"

I just worked around their system.  The post office naman is just 5mins away from my house.

;D

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #453 on: Oct 08, 2006 at 11:40 PM »
You know what would make it more nakakaasar to PO? Let's say you have two notices. Present one notice first. After claiming and paying the appropriate charges (make sure they issue a receipt), take out you second notice and have them process that next. Wala na silang magagawa kasi na-issuehan na ng resibo yung una. Tsaka you wouldn't be inconvenienced by returning the next day just to avoid this irrational practice of combining the value of two or more parcels.

Yun nga lang, baka pag-initan ka next time. Haaay!

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #454 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 10:39 AM »
hello first time here ordering just have a question. Normal ba ito ganun ka tagal
ship out date oct. 9 and the estimated arrival is Dec. 1.
Do you guys order from amazon.uk or amazon.usa. or is it just the same.
Thanks

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 10:47 AM »
Thats just the estimate, actual delivery varies from as early as 8 days to two weeks.  They just post that estimate so when its delayed, they will still forward you to that estimate delivery date.  If the shipment goes way beyond that date, email their customer reps to ask for options.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #456 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 09:15 PM »
Do you guys order from amazon.uk or amazon.usa. or is it just the same.

I order from both. It's not the same - usually UK titles are more expensive, but when they go on sale, they're dirt cheap - cheaper than Amazon US sale prices. Plus shipping for me is much faster with UK orders. Also, don't forget that the prices from Amazon UK are in pounds, not dollars, so the conversion is more expensive.

I'll advise you not to purchase violent action films from Amazon UK, though, since the BBFC is strict with such content, and they really censor excessive violence from Hollywood films. Not even very neatly - the picture/music jumps, just like it does in local cinemas when the MTRCB gets scissor-happy.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 10:27 PM »
I'll advise you not to purchase violent action films from Amazon UK, though, since the BBFC is strict with such content, and they really censor excessive violence from Hollywood films. Not even very neatly - the picture/music jumps, just like it does in local cinemas when the MTRCB gets scissor-happy.

Really? And I thought the British are more liberal than the Americans!

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 10:57 PM »
Really? And I thought the British are more liberal than the Americans!

OT: but Europeans and Americans have very different views:

American censors is very strict with $ex but not violence.

European censors are very liberal with $ex but strict on violence.

Also note that most UK DVD are in PAL, so it will run around 4% faster, and may not be viewable unless you have a multiregion TV and player...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: Oct 17, 2006 at 11:42 AM »
Wow I received today my package in just 7 days I think, in my doorstep pa. Excellent service. My question is this. How come the guy that delivered it did not have any receiving copy that you are suppose to sign I guess for protection. Iniwan lang sa guardia. Is this common to all of you . Siempre I want protection also. Also if its over 50 dollars meron tax/duties as I have read in this thread. Meron ba scale yan like for example 75 dollars=2000 pesos. 100 dollars=3000 pesos. Thanks

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #460 on: Oct 17, 2006 at 01:22 PM »
Is the guy from Royale or from the post office? If it's from Royale, then he'll ask for your signature. It's what he does everytime he delivered the package. If you're not around, he'll ask to sign whoever is authorized to receive your package.
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #461 on: Oct 17, 2006 at 04:22 PM »
hmm... I really dont know. The guy was in civilian daw and just left it to the guard. The guard ask if he has to sign something but wala daw. Thats kind of weird to me because packages might get lost and prone to theft if this is the way they do it.

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #462 on: Oct 17, 2006 at 04:31 PM »
Then it's not from Royale. It's mandatory for their messenger to have their list signed by the recipient.

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #463 on: Oct 26, 2006 at 02:01 PM »
What is the formula that the post office uses when charging taxes for Amazon orders above $50?

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Amazon shipping question
« Reply #464 on: Oct 29, 2006 at 11:08 PM »
to those who bought items from Amazon US recently, how many days did the items arrive at your doorsteps or your post office? i'm planning on purchasing some dvds from amazon and still deciding if i'll have it shipped directly here or to a relative in the US. the last time i ordered from amazon (more than 3yrs ago), the items took around 2 months to arrive using international standard shipping (14-16 days).

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Amazon shipping question
« Reply #465 on: Oct 29, 2006 at 11:47 PM »
my order last september arrived exactly after 2 weeks. it was addressed to our province so it was delivered directly to our house. my other order shipped to a friend in the US only took 6 days. if my friend would allow me to purchase as many titles as i want, i'll ship it to her to take advantage of free shipping

;D

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #466 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 12:10 AM »
i'm planning to order the Friends Complete 10 Seasons, how much kaya ako ma-tax dito?

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #467 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 08:24 AM »
i think tax will depend on your post office sir, but for a 40-disc set it might cost you much. if i were you, i'd ship to your friend in the US para free shipping na, safer from customs pa (siguro, not sure in airport customs though). other members might have useful experiences to share regarding taxes. in my case kasi i don't usually pay up

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #468 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 11:22 AM »
in that case, i might just have it shipped to a relative and have it put in a balikbayan box.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #469 on: Nov 01, 2006 at 09:17 AM »
hello was wondering if one can call the royal logistics office to see if ones package arrived already or talaga have to go to the post office to check. If puede sa Royal meron ba kayo number? Sana puede sa Royal if they have office here para more convenient to just ask them ones order/tracking number with just a phone call away.

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #470 on: Nov 01, 2006 at 05:32 PM »
hello was wondering if one can call the royal logistics office to see if ones package arrived already or talaga have to go to the post office to check. If puede sa Royal meron ba kayo number? Sana puede sa Royal if they have office here para more convenient to just ask them ones order/tracking number with just a phone call away.

Yes you can call ROyale to see if your package has arrived. They record all the packages that pass through them and record when they pass the package to the Pasay PO who handles it from there. Look for the number in this thread.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #471 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 09:18 AM »
hello I was going thru the thread I cant seem to find the phone number of Royale, anybody know their number? Secondly, this is what I notice, So far I have ordered 3 packages, The first 2 below 50usd is delivered to my doorstep within 7 to 8 days, I have another order that is more than 50dollars, well guess what, wala pa rin. I tried ordering over 50usd to see what happens, well Its been about 2 weeks already, Maybe im just comparing it with my below 50usd order that is so fast. Anyway thats whats frustrating with our postal system, I DONT WANT TO JUDGE YET, but majority things we have to deal with here in the Philippines involve some corruption.  (((this is the first thing that comes to my mind, I dont know about you guys))) Thats the shame of it. How can I go out and say "Proud to be a filipino" An example I experienced is in central post office here in binondo where I sent a package to USA. The lady charge me 200 to 300 pesos ( no receipt siempre ) to let them pack it sa box nila. Its a fee I dont really understand, Kung Inaway mo and argue with them about it you will be blacklisted by them and the next time if they remember you they might not do a good job packing your box. Well this is what I call pakisama nalang. Even the couple next to me (ceguro balikbayan was stunned with the 300 pesos charge ) Because I already paid well over 3000 pesos for the package (weight, shipment fee,  etc)

Anyway back to the topic. Do you guys experience this with your orders at amazon if over 50usd matagal or whats going to be the outcome. I can wait naman pero the feeling of frustration waiting and waiting pala lost na or whatever (maybe na kickback na). I have a system of waiting kasi for the package to arrive before ordering and ordering. I can go to the post office naman to check. The problem is I dont know where. I live in Sta. Cruz , Manila. I dont know where will I go Central post office near jones bridge or there is a small one for Sta. Cruz. I may try both next week kung wala pa. Anyway just asking for you guys/gals experience with over 50 usd purchase. Any input will be appreciated.

Last question which may be dumb and this has been confusing me before pa. On the address when it ask City, State/Province, and Country. Im still confused sorry but I live in Sta. Cruz, Manila Philippines, and confirmed with a lot of people that City is suppose to be Manila right? and State/Province is Sta. Cruz ???..But I think maybe it should be the other way around by the way they address it. City should be Sta. Cruz. State/Province is Manila???... So it will come out Sta. Cruz, Manila, Philippines diba .. Another of my confusion sorry about this. This has always been my problem when filling up something on the internet or whatever forms they have..In america its simple Houston, Texas USA (then zip code) tapos na...
Example John Go
              123 Ongpin
              Sta. Cruz, Manila
              Philippines 1111
Diba dapat ganun like the above should be the correct one...kung City is listed as Manila it will come out
              John Go
              123 ongpin
              Manila, Sta. Cruz
              Philippines 1111
Sorry mababaw and elementary na issue but Im still confused with this because in America its simple lang
               John Go
               123 Fondren St.
               Houston, Texas 1111
               USA

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #472 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 10:26 AM »
I presumed that your packages that are below $50 were delivered to your doorstep by your local postman, right? If yes, then definitely your package came from Manila Central PO and your order that is above $50 will be or might be slapped cutoms duties. You'll receive a notice for pickup and you'll personally claim it. You'll be lucky if it's delivered also to your doorstep...

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #473 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 12:01 PM »
Royale's number:

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #474 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 12:03 PM »
What I always do in terms of address is I put in Metro Manila in the state/province

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #475 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 12:07 PM »
Last question which may be dumb and this has been confusing me before pa. On the address when it ask City, State/Province, and Country. Im still confused sorry but I live in Sta. Cruz, Manila Philippines, and confirmed with a lot of people that City is suppose to be Manila right? and State/Province is Sta. Cruz ???..But I think maybe it should be the other way around by the way they address it. City should be Sta. Cruz. State/Province is Manila???... So it will come out Sta. Cruz, Manila, Philippines diba .. Another of my confusion sorry about this. This has always been my problem when filling up something on the internet or whatever forms they have..In america its simple Houston, Texas USA (then zip code) tapos na...
Example John Go
              123 Ongpin
              Sta. Cruz, Manila
              Philippines 1111
Diba dapat ganun like the above should be the correct one...kung City is listed as Manila it will come out
              John Go
              123 ongpin
              Manila, Sta. Cruz
              Philippines 1111
Sorry mababaw and elementary na issue but Im still confused with this because in America its simple lang
               John Go
               123 Fondren St.
               Houston, Texas 1111
               USA

City is Manila
State/Province is Metro Manila

Street address is 123 Ongpin St., Sta Cruz  - Sta Cruz is only a town

Metro Manila is the recognize province/state for NCR

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #476 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 12:54 PM »
Moks007, Actually, you can omit the Sta. Cruz, because your Zip Code, already identify it.  Isn't state NCR (National Capital Region)?

As to your over $50 orders, wait a little longer.  That your other orders arrives in 6-8 days, doesn't follow that your larger order will arrive at the same time frame.  Especially, if it include an item that might be backordered.    I think checking the post office is useless, since a ton of mail/packages goes through them each and every day, How are they to find your package in there?  A needle in a haystack. Unlike Royal Logistics or Amazon, since you have the shipping/package number, where they can trace if it is shipped, in transit, or lost. 

But let just hope that it is still in transit.  From what I read, some package takes longer than 2-weeks to arrive...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #477 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 03:11 PM »
YEah having a package arrive in 7-8 days is extraordinarily fast. The last two packages I got averaged 18.5 days in delivery.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #478 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 06:31 PM »
Thanks so much guys appreciate it I will just wait it out a little longer hehe...Thanks also for the address information... :)

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #479 on: Nov 07, 2006 at 07:26 PM »
Thanks brummie for the number think I will try calling tom. By the way sorry again guys for being so kulit I just have last question first time kasi ordering online, this is such a long thread I dont want to go back looking one by one sa response regarding this. My question is will amazon know if you already receive the package, Paano kasi if your stuff did not arrive in their estimated date, will you still be charged right on your initial purchase. I know they can reverse this if you just tell them you did not receive your package but what if your due date in your credit card is before the estimated date and you are already charged. I guess I really have to pay for it first before they will reverse it IF EVER my stuff did not arrive right? Just confirming thanks