Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 415764 times)

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
Re: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A
« Reply #1620 on: Jan 27, 2019 at 08:59 AM »
ETA on my Nvidia Shiel TV order is tomorrow, January 28. Nasa Pampanga na ngayon as per ups tracking. Irdered mine on The 23rd and it was shipped on the 24th.

Offline GIJoe

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 284
« Reply #1621 on: Jan 28, 2019 at 08:42 AM »
iba ba talaga ang exchange rate sa amazon?

Mas mataas siya kesa sa exchange sa ph banks.

Offline mujacko2002

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 671
« Reply #1622 on: Jan 29, 2019 at 09:59 PM »
Mabuhay!

I just want to be sure, my first time to order sa amazon.com. I'm planning to buy an unlocked sony phone and it says it ships directly to my place. Nakita ko naman na may mga taxes including shipping tax na babayaran kaya sya nagmahal. Ask ko lang po, yung TOTAL na babayaran iyon na po ba iyon? Kapag dumating dito sa amin wala na akong extrang babayaran na tax?  Just wanna make sure. Salamat po.
God is good all the time!!!
mypalhs.com
planetromeo.com

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #1623 on: Jan 29, 2019 at 10:03 PM »
from my experience all in na yung nakalagay sa billing nila

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1624 on: Jan 29, 2019 at 10:05 PM »
Mabuhay!

I just want to be sure, my first time to order sa amazon.com. I'm planning to buy an unlocked sony phone and it says it ships directly to my place. Nakita ko naman na may mga taxes including shipping tax na babayaran kaya sya nagmahal. Ask ko lang po, yung TOTAL na babayaran iyon na po ba iyon? Kapag dumating dito sa amin wala na akong extrang babayaran na tax?  Just wanna make sure. Salamat po.

If the total including shipping exceeds the equivalent of P10,000...baka may extra charges.

Offline DPT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1625 on: Jan 29, 2019 at 11:02 PM »
Mabuhay!

The tax or duties that amazon adds to clear customs are estimates.

It basically makes you commit to buy something and making you aware that there  are duties to be paid.

The amount you will actually pay will depend on the assessor.

If you want to pay something  as a exact amount for customs.

JAC in my experience is proven to be able to get your stuff clear customs by paying a fix amount of taxes/duties per item classification.

Laptops  or phones I think was 2.5k  fixed for customs taxes.  You have to double check it.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2019 at 11:04 PM by DPT »

Offline mujacko2002

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 671
« Reply #1626 on: Jan 29, 2019 at 11:08 PM »
Mabuhay!

Thank you po so much for the responses.
God is good all the time!!!
mypalhs.com
planetromeo.com

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #1627 on: Jan 30, 2019 at 12:09 PM »
If the total including shipping exceeds the equivalent of P10,000...baka may extra charges.
Correct sir, there will be extra charges and it will be included in the billing.   I bought a projector worth more than 10t and customs charges were already added. 

Online bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1628 on: Jan 30, 2019 at 12:15 PM »
Correct sir, there will be extra charges and it will be included in the billing.   I bought a projector worth more than 10t and customs charges were already added. 

Meaning si Amazon na ang magco-compute at ia-add sa total invoice? Say $300 including shipping, total cost would be $300 plus Phil VAT+ duties? Tama po ba?

Offline Arulco

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 688
« Reply #1629 on: Jan 30, 2019 at 12:38 PM »
The tax or duties that amazon adds to clear customs are estimates.

It basically makes you commit to buy something and making you aware that there  are duties to be paid.

The amount you will actually pay will depend on the assessor.

If you want to pay something  as a exact amount for customs.

JAC in my experience is proven to be able to get your stuff clear customs by paying a fix amount of taxes/duties per item classification.

Laptops  or phones I think was 2.5k  fixed for customs taxes.  You have to double check it.

If in case the customs processing fee charged by Amazon is more than the actual assessed fee by the customs, will Amazon refund the excess amount paid? Have there been cases where the Amazon customs processing fee was lower than the actual assessed amount so an additional payment must be made to the shipping company, UPS upon release of the package?

Anyway, I still use Shipping Cart for orders worth over 10K since they can consolidate packages and deliver direct to my door, all inclusive in their shipping charges. Not exactly cheap, though.

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
« Reply #1630 on: Jan 30, 2019 at 12:43 PM »
if i remember it correctly, the taxes for purchases worth more than 10K was discussed already a few pages back which should have answer the Q's

thats back read worthy  ;)

Offline DPT

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1631 on: Jan 30, 2019 at 02:16 PM »
If in case the customs processing fee charged by Amazon is more than the actual assessed fee by the customs, will Amazon refund the excess amount paid? Have there been cases where the Amazon customs processing fee was lower than the actual assessed amount so an additional payment must be made to the shipping company, UPS upon release of the package?

Anyway, I still use Shipping Cart for orders worth over 10K since they can consolidate packages and deliver direct to my door, all inclusive in their shipping charges. Not exactly cheap, though.

This comes from Amazon website.

You won't be charged additional fees if the actual Import Fees exceed the Import Fees Deposit we estimated. For items sold by Amazon Marketplace sellers, please check the seller's policies.

If the actual Import Fees are less than the Import Fees Deposit collected by us on your behalf, you'll automatically be refunded the difference to the payment method you used for the order. You'll receive a notification e-mail confirming the amount of the refund. The process takes 60 days from the shipment date.

I am not sure if Amazon will levy another 10% NY sales tax on the sale shipped overseas.

I only use amazon for items where I cannot get anywhere else.  Amazon is expensive especially if you bypass it and go straight to the source.

The only items I get from Amazon are electronics that i find way cheaper than local prices.

Warranty is an issue though.
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2019 at 02:22 PM by DPT »

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1632 on: Jan 30, 2019 at 03:33 PM »

Yes, Amazon does refund excess. It'll just take up to a month to get refunded. Happened to me already. It's a pleasant surprise.

Sent from my LG-M400 using Tapatalk

Offline GIJoe

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1633 on: Jan 30, 2019 at 03:42 PM »
This comes from Amazon website.

You won't be charged additional fees if the actual Import Fees exceed the Import Fees Deposit we estimated. For items sold by Amazon Marketplace sellers, please check the seller's policies.

If the actual Import Fees are less than the Import Fees Deposit collected by us on your behalf, you'll automatically be refunded the difference to the payment method you used for the order. You'll receive a notification e-mail confirming the amount of the refund. The process takes 60 days from the shipment date.

I am not sure if Amazon will levy another 10% NY sales tax on the sale shipped overseas.

I only use amazon for items where I cannot get anywhere else.  Amazon is expensive especially if you bypass it and go straight to the source.

The only items I get from Amazon are electronics that i find way cheaper than local prices.

Warranty is an issue though.

No more local tax sa US kahit sobra sa 10k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #1634 on: Jan 31, 2019 at 02:05 AM »
i'll avail of expedited shipping on my next transaction -- rather priority shipping.

thanks for keeping us updated, sir @GIJoe!

placed an expedited shipping last Monday, 28-Jan 01AM PH time.  says that it'll arrive 04-Feb to 11-Feb.  that's complying with their promise of 5-10 working days delivery for the "expedited" shipping fee

as checked, it was shipped on 29-Jan 10PM PH time leaving the initial US carrier facility.  also noticed that they've updated the ETA arrival to 01-Feb, Friday.

then I checked awhile ago 31-Jan, 1AM PH time, the item has left the carrier facility in Incheon.  if it arrive and leaves China by the evening and clears customs while along the way, it should be in Pampanga by the morning and may be on the way to Manila by lunch time on 01-Feb, Friday.  I could expect it by my doorstep late afternoon or early evening 01-Feb.  ang galing!

sana, sana….  ;D

Offline popejerico

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #1635 on: Feb 06, 2019 at 04:27 PM »
credit card lang po ba pwede sa kanila?

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #1636 on: Feb 12, 2019 at 08:22 PM »
Ordered last Feb. 8 at around 9:30PM

arrived today at around 7PM

sobrang bilib ako sa bilis ng delivery! mas mabilis pa sa shoppee at lazada! haha

Offline CeeV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 143
« Reply #1637 on: Feb 16, 2019 at 11:41 AM »
nag Accept ba ang Amazon ng G-Cash MasterCard?...

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #1638 on: Feb 16, 2019 at 01:22 PM »
nag Accept ba ang Amazon ng G-Cash MasterCard?...

Up for this question. TIA.

Offline Columbia

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 817
« Reply #1639 on: Feb 16, 2019 at 01:43 PM »
Up for this question. TIA.
As long as Mastercard or Visa, accepted yan sa Amazon.. Use to have a Smartmoney card and it is a Mastercard, accepted sa Amazon..

Sent from my Nokia 5110

Columbia

Offline CeeV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 143
« Reply #1640 on: Feb 16, 2019 at 01:47 PM »
ayus...Thanks..am still wary of using my regular credit card..maganda Gcash Master card you load it lang or Cash In when needed.

Offline berdilot™

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1641 on: Feb 19, 2019 at 09:31 AM »
Anyone tried shipping items above 10k?

Offline darth mond

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #1642 on: Feb 19, 2019 at 08:03 PM »
I ordered a couple of books from Amazon last December. Sa sobrang excitement ko basta I just had shipped it to my office in BGC.  After  a month, I got a notice that my books are available already in Taguig Post Office. Charge was just Php 120.00 but I did not expect that there's so much hassle going to Taguig Post Office in Lower Bicutan, akala ko malapit lang sa BGC. No  parking space in the area except for the supermarket near the post office who would normally not allow people to park even after you bought something.

Offline espionage

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1643 on: Feb 23, 2019 at 09:21 AM »
Mga peeps question, pag nakalagay is "Price:   $583.00 & FREE Shipping" does it means na eligible pa rin i-deliver dto sa atin(Philippines). Sale kasi yung projector. Tia!
Samsung 65" NU7100 | Onkyo TXSR608 | Zidoo X9S | AMD HTPC | PS4 | A-Audio FS | WH3 CS | Daichi Surr

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #1644 on: Feb 23, 2019 at 12:33 PM »
@espionage
yung free shipping only applies sa usa

kung eligible, mas ok kung gawa ng delivery address sa ph. then makikita mo kung pwede ideliver or hindi

Offline Pipo_1925

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #1645 on: Feb 23, 2019 at 12:39 PM »
Mga peeps question, pag nakalagay is "Price:   $583.00 & FREE Shipping" does it means na eligible pa rin i-deliver dto sa atin(Philippines). Sale kasi yung projector. Tia!

May tax pa siya sir kasi more than 10k, baka may relatives or friends ka na nasa US. Ipa-ship mo na lang sa kanila,

Offline GIJoe

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1646 on: Mar 01, 2019 at 04:31 PM »
I ordered a couple of books from Amazon last December. Sa sobrang excitement ko basta I just had shipped it to my office in BGC.  After  a month, I got a notice that my books are available already in Taguig Post Office. Charge was just Php 120.00 but I did not expect that there's so much hassle going to Taguig Post Office in Lower Bicutan, akala ko malapit lang sa BGC. No  parking space in the area except for the supermarket near the post office who would normally not allow people to park even after you bought something.

Depende kung ano gagamitin na shipper usually kaya bagsak sa local post office kasi usps ang gamit nila.

Medyo mabagal at di ups ang ginamit pero so far ok pa din.

All free shipping are US territories no free shipping to PH. Add your ph address para makuta mo agad if available to ship to ph.

Offline jaythan96

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1647 on: Mar 01, 2019 at 04:45 PM »
Question mga sirs
May relative ako from states pauwi dito sa pinas
Kapag umorder ako sa amazon tapos delivered sa address nila at ipapasabay ko yung box sa paguwi malaki ba charges or tax?

By size ba ng box?
By weight ba ng box?
By declared value ba ng laman ng box?
Or hindi pwedeng isabay sa plane nila?

Offline Pipo_1925

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #1648 on: Mar 01, 2019 at 04:51 PM »
Question mga sirs
Kapag umorder ako sa amazon tapos delivered sa address nila at ipapasabay ko yung box sa paguwi malaki ba charges or tax?

By size ba ng box?
By weight ba ng box?
pag maliit lang naman yung item is baka kasya sa maleta and depende ilang kgs kinuha nilang baggage allowance.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Offline GIJoe

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A
« Reply #1649 on: Mar 01, 2019 at 05:01 PM »
Question mga sirs

By size ba ng box?
By weight ba ng box?

Depende yan if yung bang item is visible sa mga taga boc. The last time na naguwi si misis ng receiver galing ibang bansa ginawa lang niya is tinakpan yung receiver ng mga bagahe nya nung palabas na siya ng airport sa harap ng box at ibabaw. Ayun wala naman sita feom boc. Pag kasi visible sa mga taga boc tatanungin ka pag balikbayan ka pag sabihin mo yes at nakita nila na may dala ka na mga electronics di ka naman jila itatax unless mapansin nila malaki at mamahalin. Kagaya nung galing kami US may dala kami na TV 32 inch ayun tinanung kami if balikbayan sinabi namin yes pinalagpas na kami may aksabayan kami na foreigner na may dala na tv din ayun sabi ng taga boc patabihin mo at singilin mo ng tax. May dala din ako ps4 that time galibg kami US nasa carry-in baggage ko backpack no issue din. May kakilala din ako na taga US lagi pag nauwi 3 balikbayan box puno ng vintage amp wala din issue nakakalabas siya without paying taxes.

« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2019 at 05:03 PM by GIJoe »