Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 418454 times)

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2382
Re: Amazon.com and Royale Logistics Philippines Delivery
« Reply #480 on: Nov 07, 2006 at 07:31 PM »
or you will not be charged until you receive your package?

Offline im2bz

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #481 on: Nov 07, 2006 at 07:47 PM »
my grease rockin' rydell hasnt arrived yet it was shipped last sept 17 pa! this is my longest wait for an order from amazon US..... maybe nawawala na to.... so i'll wait pa for another 2 weeks para i could ask for a replacement.

Offline RadicalDude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #482 on: Nov 08, 2006 at 08:13 AM »
Thanks brummie for the number think I will try calling tom. By the way sorry again guys for being so kulit I just have last question first time kasi ordering online, this is such a long thread I dont want to go back looking one by one sa response regarding this. My question is will amazon know if you already receive the package, Paano kasi if your stuff did not arrive in their estimated date, will you still be charged right on your initial purchase. I know they can reverse this if you just tell them you did not receive your package but what if your due date in your credit card is before the estimated date and you are already charged. I guess I really have to pay for it first before they will reverse it IF EVER my stuff did not arrive right? Just confirming thanks

1. For your first question, if you choose Standard or Expedited International Shipping, Amazon has no way to know if you already received it, unless you'll inform them.
2. Charging of your credit will still take place upon the time you place your order provided that the item is already available.
3. In case you notify Amazon that you did not receive the package, and they agreed to charge back your credit card, they just have to issue a reversal transaction charge on your credit card. Amazon has no way of knowing when is the cutoff of your card, so if your concern is if your credit card company had already slapped you an interest for that (if you say that the reversal was posted past your due date or cutoff date), I suggest you call your credit card company and inquire on their procedure on how will they go about it (if there's also a reversal of interest/finance charges)

Hope this helps.
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #483 on: Nov 08, 2006 at 07:04 PM »
ok thanks very much ya think I will just coordinate with my credit card company in case I did not receive the shipment.

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #484 on: Nov 09, 2006 at 08:04 AM »
If you did not receive your package at all, it's Amazon who you should notify, not the card company.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #485 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 10:21 AM »
ok thanks very much... Good news for me I got my package yesterday hehe... :)

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #486 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 01:05 PM »
Hi Moks, Did you get taxed for your over $50 package?  And was it delivered to your doorstep or do you have to get it from the Post Office.  Is this a boxed set or just multiple DVDs?  Sorry kung marami akong tanong, Just wondering kasi I also live in the Binondo area and would very much appreciate to know the odds of getting taxed for any big order I may place... 

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #487 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 05:27 PM »
hello gadgetguru. I did not get taxed on mine and it was delivered to my doorstep. I ordered 3 dvds one of them is a television series and total cost is 60 plus dollars. Maybe it will be chempo, chempo if we will be taxed or not but so far if below 50 usd in our area, delivered to my doorstep. I may be lucky on this one maybe if its 80 to 100 usd we will be taxed. Royale and Amazon and maybe (just maybe our area) so far im having great service. 50 usd below 7 to 10 days. And this over 50 usd it took 21 days...

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #488 on: Nov 11, 2006 at 11:01 PM »
Thanks Moks007.  I want to order two or three items at once din kasi mas mura ang shipping.  But siguro not over $50, hopefully, hindi rin ako ma-ta-taxed.  Although, nothing is sure, until you receive the package. :)  Thanks again. 

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #489 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 09:03 AM »
Chempo chempo talaga pag dating sa tax, and also depende rin sa post office.  Dito sa Angeles City medyo maluwag sila, coz there are several times ive ordered more than 50 dollars...and doorstep pa rin ang delivery with no tax  :)

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #490 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 01:52 PM »
If you really do not want to be slapped with taxes, then I suggest have your shipping address in the Makati Business District or in Ortigas Center (if you work in these areas like myself). As per Royale, they personally delivered packages to this area regardless of the total price in US$.

Offline popcornaddict

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #491 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 10:23 AM »
Hello everone! I just discovered this site, and I've had a very informative time reading this thread. 

It seems to me that people have had different experiences ordering from Amazon (some good, some bad) and most of the negative feedback comes from dealing with the local post offices.  I just have a few questions and I hope someone here could be nice enough to answer.

I ordered a single DVD (less than $50) from Amazon.com last January and it was delivered straight to my doorstep in 10 days.  I was VERY impressed with the service.

However, my second order (3 DVDs worth more than $50) failed to arrive.  I've notified Amazon.com about this and they shipped a replacement order that I'm currently waiting for.

So, my questions are:
1. If I receive a parcel notice and have to pick up my order from my local post office, how much would I have to pay them for customs duties?  From reading this board, I learned that orders worth more than $50 have duties.  I have no problem paying them since I know that's the law, but I just want to know how much should I pay exactly.  Ayoko kasi pumunta sa post office na wala akong alam.. I want to know what my rights & obligations are so I can pay correctly, and not a single centavo more.

2. I've read conflicting reports here about when DVDs orders are taxed.  Just to clarify, anything worth less than $50 should NOT be taxed and they should be delivered to my doorstep (regardless of how many items I order, basta less than $50).  Is that correct?

3. If my replacement order fails to arrive, can I ask Amazon.com to just cancel the order and ask for a refund instead?  My experience with their Customer Service has been great.  Their e-mails to me have been prompt and very courteous.  So kudos to Amazon.com for that.

Thank you very much in advance!  :)

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #492 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 12:18 PM »
It really depends on the post office area you are in.  There's really no guarantee that even an order of one DVD will be delivered to your doorstep.

Same thing with taxes, they can charge you and they can't.   What you are stating is the general experience of most people here.  But you can't be sure. 

As to exact duties, only an expert in custom laws can say for sure.  The $50 limit is based on what the post office guy tell some people here, whether there is such a law, or what is the limit is unknown.   Even a less than $10 order can be taxed, especially if the product is of huge quantities (say 10 $3.99 DVD), they can even declare your invoice void (Ie underdeclaration). 

The conflicting reports is because oftentimes, different Post Office has different regulations or differing interpretation of the law by personnel. 

Hopefully you get your replacement order soon...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline popcornaddict

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #493 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 12:45 PM »
Thanks for your reply techdude.

Sana nga I get my order..  I've learned my lesson, so next time, I'll remember to order just 1 DVD at a time, less than $50.

Offline qwerty765

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • ako ay isang lyama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #494 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 03:51 PM »
The 2 DVDs I ordered from Amazon (Some Kind of Wonderful and It Had to be You) finally arrived today (Nov. 13). I placed the order last Oct. 28. It was estimated by Amazon to be delivered Dec. 7 - 22. My shipment arrived 3 weeks earlier  :).

P.S.

My shipment was delivered straight to my office. No taxes and duties were paid. Total invoice is USD 32.95
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2006 at 11:55 AM by qwerty765 »

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #495 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 10:34 AM »
Just got my package today for my last order of 2006.

Ship date Nov 2(US time)/3 (Phil Time)
Arrival date: Nov 13 (US) /14 (Phil)
DUration 11 days.

SO my last 3 orders have been averaging about 16 days duration from ship to arrival.

Offline popcornaddict

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #496 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 01:34 PM »
Just got my package today for my last order of 2006.

Ship date Nov 2(US time)/3 (Phil Time)
Arrival date: Nov 13 (US) /14 (Phil)
DUration 11 days.

SO my last 3 orders have been averaging about 16 days duration from ship to arrival.

brummie, how much did you pay for it, below $50 ba?  and was it delivered to your house or did you pick-up sa post office?

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #497 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 01:41 PM »
Received my last order from Amazon and it was delivered in my house.  Not all are the same case.  Some I have to get is sa PO.

In my experience, the pattern is like this.  Delivery to my house depends on what kind of packaging Amazon uses.  It doesn't depend on the amount/value but it depends on the size of Amazon's packaging.

If kasya sa motor (like those fast food delivery motorcycles) together with other parcels & envelopes, deliver sa house.  Pag di kasya sa lalagyanan ng motor...I have to get it sa PO....irregardless of value basta below $50.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #498 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 11:26 AM »
My pending orders... ;D

• "An Inconvenient Truth" and "Transformers: The Movie (2pc) Anniversary" to be shipped on November 21, 2006...
  • "Good Night, and Good Luck" and "Hight School Musical (2-disc Remix Ed)" to be shipped on December 05, 2006...
  • "The Illusionist" and "Passion of the Christ: Definitive Edition (2pc)" to be shipped on January 30, 2007...

Offline silhouette

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Bon Jour!
  • Liked:
« Reply #499 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 12:42 PM »
If you really do not want to be slapped with taxes, then I suggest have your shipping address in the Makati Business District or in Ortigas Center (if you work in these areas like myself). As per Royale, they personally delivered packages to this area regardless of the total price in US$.

If this one is true, then I'll start ordering again.
Coz the only reason why I stopped buying online is because of the tax being imposed by the  Makati Post Office.  Its fine if they are strict in following the computation based on the declared valued of the item.  The problem is, you're buying sale items abroad and Mkti PO will slap you with tax basing on their own item value and not the stated one.

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #500 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 12:56 PM »
Silhouette, I also used to work in Makati and that's also the reason why I stopped ordering online way back 2 years ago. I'm now based in Ortigas Center (all of my orders since June of this year were personally delivered to me by their courier/messenger) and from my conversation with Royal thru phone, they confirmed this to me. I suggest that you called them first and tell them what building are you located so you can further verify.

Fyi also, I always call them on a Thursday to confirm if my package are already with them. They usually deliver  in my address during Fridays.

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #501 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 01:47 PM »
brummie, how much did you pay for it, below $50 ba?  and was it delivered to your house or did you pick-up sa post office?

Less than $50 and it was delivered to me. Personally I don't want to risk paying tax by going over $50. THat's why I try my best to fit as many items I can into one order. SO my bill usually reaches to $47, $48, $49

Offline popcornaddict

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #502 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 01:53 PM »
Less than $50 and it was delivered to me. Personally I don't want to risk paying tax by going over $50. THat's why I try my best to fit as many items I can into one order. SO my bill usually reaches to $47, $48, $49

hehe, smart thinking brummie! ;)

Offline silhouette

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Bon Jour!
  • Liked:
« Reply #503 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 05:43 PM »
Silhouette, I also used to work in Makati and that's also the reason why I stopped ordering online way back 2 years ago. I'm now based in Ortigas Center (all of my orders since June of this year were personally delivered to me by their courier/messenger) and from my conversation with Royal thru phone, they confirmed this to me. I suggest that you called them first and tell them what building are you located so you can further verify.

Fyi also, I always call them on a Thursday to confirm if my package are already with them. They usually deliver in my address during Fridays.

thanks!  will give them a call.

Offline dakeldani

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re: Amazon shipping question
« Reply #504 on: Nov 17, 2006 at 06:35 PM »
just want to share.

currently, i'm staying in bangkok. i ordered DVD's from amazon US last november 8, and they arrived just today. reading from past experiences of pinoydvd'ers, i'm afraid of the tax local post office will impose. but lo and behold, no tax.   ;D

take note that the order reached 100 USD....very lucky, i guess. ;D

Offline BuLLeT

• Collector
  • No One Gets Left Behind, Rangers Lead the Way
  • Liked:
« Reply #505 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 02:29 PM »
I am currently outside of the Phil. working as an OFW. I ordered the following titles from Amazon with the estimated deliver date as below

Items shipped on November 6, 2006:
 Delivery estimate: December 14, 2006 - January 2, 2007
1 package via International Shipping 1 of: Predator (Widescreen Collector's Edition)
Sold by: Amazon.com
1 of: Aliens (Special Edition)
1 of: Batman Begins (Two-Disc Deluxe Edition)

Whoooooa! The items were delivered in our house according to my mother yesterday 18 Nov. 2006 and No applicable taxes (  Order value is less thant $50.00 including shipping and handling)

IS it fast or is it fast..... ;D

Way to go AMAZON.....
  ;)

Offline BuLLeT

• Collector
  • No One Gets Left Behind, Rangers Lead the Way
  • Liked:
Re: Amazon shipping question
« Reply #506 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 02:33 PM »
My order shipped last 06 November arrived 18 November to the provincial address  I specified... 12 days.. ;D

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #507 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 06:42 PM »
Received an e-mail from Amazon.com today, notifying me that my orders, (1) Transformers: The Movie 20th Anniversary (2-disc); and (2) An Inconvenient Truth, has been shipped... ;D

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #508 on: Nov 19, 2006 at 08:39 PM »
Ok talaga amazon and royal logistics. Royal logistics people is really helpful and very nice. I want to suggest nga sana to show our gratitude that we all chip in and give maybe cake or something for people at royal logistics for Christmas. I talk to Royal they just deliver makati and ortigas. Everything else they send to the post office. I think the taxing depends in your post office na. They release it for delivery from the post office base on weight nga I think. Its not on the below 50 or above 50 dollars. Chempo chempo if they dont want to deliver it and for you to pick it up and just tax the crap out of you. Well thats our postal system.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #509 on: Nov 30, 2006 at 01:15 PM »
Received an e-mail from Amazon.com today, notifying me that my orders, (1) Transformers: The Movie 20th Anniversary (2-disc); and (2) An Inconvenient Truth, has been shipped... ;D

I received this package today... ;D