Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 415916 times)

Offline gadgetguru

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A
« Reply #660 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 01:02 PM »
Like Sir munskie here, I had to say the wait is what's painful...without knowing whether it's in transit, lost, or about to be delivered...  

Many times, the item arrived at Royal and had been forwarded to PO, but PO will not deliver them immediately, or it get misplaced and goes undelivered until rediscovered.  This happens to me on a parcel received by the PO last December 30 (postmarked) on that date, but delivered end January...

Or my Amazon order of February 11, which arrived at the PO (via USPS, not Royal) on February 26.  I got the parcel notice March 13.  Second Notice, but I didn't get the first notice.

Inefficiencies at the PO, that's why I hope Royal will switch to say Air21, where there's tracking.  They could negotiate for better rates from Air21, after all they are paying the PO 35-68 pesos anyway depending on the size of the package.  As stated, I believe most will even be happy to pay for Air21 shipping if it was available.  

Moks, could you ask Royal if they could such a system even if we have to pay extra?

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #661 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 02:10 PM »
Like Sir munskie here, I had to say the wait is what's painful...without knowing whether it's in transit, lost, or about to be delivered... 

sinabi mo pa.....waiting is excruciating much more if you dont know where the package is....and you cant even complain to Amazon until their delivery estimates has lapsed, even then, they would make you wait a week more before they would resend  replacements.  Much more excruciating when you have a sitting PS3 in the house, already more than a week old and I still havent played a single BD title with it......!!  Dang it!!  >:(

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #662 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 02:40 PM »
I had to say the wait is what's painful...without knowing whether it's in transit, lost, or about to be delivered... 

Hahahaha!  I have that same feeling if after 20 days and the DVDs are still not delivered to my house.  Naku...lalo na if the amount I paid amazon has already been reflected in my credit card statement.  Parang I'm paying for a non existent merchandise.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #663 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 02:59 PM »
bu-"daga" na bu-"daga" na ako....dumating nga yung postman namin wala naman dala...kahit notice to pick up man lang sana......... :(

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #664 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 03:05 PM »

Many times, the item arrived at Royal and had been forwarded to PO, but PO will not deliver them immediately, or it get misplaced and goes undelivered until rediscovered.  This happens to me on a parcel received by the PO last December 30 (postmarked) on that date, but delivered end January...

Or my Amazon order of February 11, which arrived at the PO (via USPS, not Royal) on February 26.  I got the parcel notice March 13.  Second Notice, but I didn't get the first notice.

Inefficiencies at the PO, that's why I hope Royal will switch to say Air21, where there's tracking.  They could negotiate for better rates from Air21, after all they are paying the PO 35-68 pesos anyway depending on the size of the package.  As stated, I believe most will even be happy to pay for Air21 shipping if it was available.  

Moks, could you ask Royal if they could such a system even if we have to pay extra?
ok I will tell Royale and see what they say, I think this is a good idea, especially I think majority of us are holding back ordering more than say 50 dollars, because nga of inefficiencies of post office and we might be charged for custom taxes.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #665 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 03:08 PM »
Ive just called up Mark of Royal....wala talaga yung name ko sa list nila....then told me na theres a shipment coming this day.....then will text me if my name pops up in the list........its possible daw na me shipment na hindi dadaan sa kanila.....if my feb 26 package didnt went thru them...so sinong courier nagdala nun?   any idea guys?   im also waiting for my march 6 shipment na rin....due na rin yun......so dalawa na delayed sa akin....

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #666 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 03:30 PM »
Ive just called up Mark of Royal....wala talaga yung name ko sa list nila....then told me na theres a shipment coming this day.....then will text me if my name pops up in the list........its possible daw na me shipment na hindi dadaan sa kanila.....if my feb 26 package didnt went thru them...so sinong courier nagdala nun?   any idea guys?   im also waiting for my march 6 shipment na rin....due na rin yun......so dalawa na delayed sa akin....
I talked to Royale few weeks ago and they told me that the process is: most or all amazon that goes thru New York are the ones they handle. If you see (like what I have on one of my orders) your order coming from San Francisco or maybe other cities then those are shipped directly to the post office. It does not go thru them. I dont know how you can verify your orders but when it is not in the list of Royale then I think Amazon went thru other means.

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #667 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 05:01 PM »
Paano yung mga shipments na galing sa fullfillment center nila sa Kentucky?

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #668 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 06:16 PM »
From my experience, most of my packages came from Kentucky, some are from Delaware, and I had few that came from Nevada and these were all delivered by Royale in my office. So I really have no idea on what's keeping the delays now.
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #669 on: Mar 22, 2007 at 09:00 AM »
Another new day....another day of hope..................that my postman will knock on our door and bring my package or my notice.....;D ;D

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #670 on: Mar 22, 2007 at 10:22 AM »
Let's just post everything Amazon/Royal on this thread na lang.  I think the Royal Logistics thread had served it's purpose.   

Yeah, another day.  Another hope.  Today and tomorrow.  Then another long weekend...

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #671 on: Mar 22, 2007 at 01:51 PM »
ANother day, Another day of heartbreak!!

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #672 on: Mar 22, 2007 at 01:52 PM »
oh mr postman.......where are you???  yeah yeah yeah.....mr postman???

WALA NAKO MAGAWA...KANTA NA LANG....HEHEHE

btw, just called out local PO, and ive just confirmed that a large shipment of packages have arrived, somehow delayed sa Manila holding offices nila, and they've been sorting all morning.......silver lining perhaps, sana andun na yung amazon package ko..... ::)

« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2007 at 02:59 PM by Munskie »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #673 on: Mar 23, 2007 at 08:44 AM »
another day....another hope.... ;D ;D ;D  Happy pa ko this morning.....

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #674 on: Mar 23, 2007 at 09:44 AM »
Just relax.  about 2 years ago all my packages arrived in the post office all have customs charges and when royal logistics came in.  Nababawasan ang customs charges although very big packages still arrive in post office.  ok narin.  Now it seems that all of our packages will be under post office.  So we will get used to 3 weeks to 2 months arrival of packages.  Some of the newbie are lucker never to have experience customs charges ordering from amazon.  So when the packages arrive in 2 weeks or more.  Hindi na sanay and thinking that its amazons faults but it isn't. 

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #675 on: Mar 23, 2007 at 10:31 AM »
;D ;D ;D  Happy pa ko this morning.....

who knows, baka your happy disposition is a premonition of something.   

My last PO parcel notice arrived on a Friday, so waiting for the postman too (again)...

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #676 on: Mar 23, 2007 at 01:27 PM »
I have 2 pending pre-orders...the 2-disc versions of "Dreamgirls" and "Pan's Labyrinth"...

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #677 on: Mar 23, 2007 at 01:54 PM »
who knows, baka your happy disposition is a premonition of something.   

My last PO parcel notice arrived on a Friday, so waiting for the postman too (again)...
ngayon yung happy face ko nung morning is starting to mutate na..... ;D ;D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #678 on: Mar 23, 2007 at 03:47 PM »
went to our local PO....nakuha ko na....finally.  kung naghintay pa ako sa postman, diko nakuha kasi they're just just about to send the notice pa lang.....

apparently, walang royale logistics na sticker..........wala rin DHl global mail......nakita ko United States Postal service...

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #679 on: Mar 23, 2007 at 04:25 PM »
Unless they've changed their policy very recently, that doesn't work for international orders. Domestic (US) orders have no price printed, but international orders still print the price even if you indicate it's a "gift."

I've tried several times using "gift" to get away from local customs for more expensive orders, and it has always failed.  ;D

You're right.. just received my package from Amazon today and even though the package is supposed to be sent as a gift, the price is still printed outside the box.   >:( >:( >:(  Good thing though even if the total amount printed was more than $50, no tax was charged to me..  :) :) :)
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline et414

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #680 on: Mar 23, 2007 at 08:20 PM »
munskie, natax ka ba?

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #681 on: Mar 23, 2007 at 09:29 PM »
Good for you.  Wala pa rin iyung akin...  Comes Monday, I might have to file my first lost package report since I started buying from Amazon. 

My last USPS delivery also underwent the 'parcel notice' route.  I wouldn't dare go to the postal office and ask whether they have packages for me, kasi nga, I am expecting more than one package, and if I look desperate for them, then I would be prone to tax or kotong, as the case may be.

Since my package also ship around the time of munskie's, hopefully next week...

I am going slow on buying from Amazon but I still have a couple that's about to be shipped soon.  After that, May na ang susunod na 'must-have' ko.  Lahat ng 'wants but not must-have', pending muna...
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2007 at 09:37 PM by gadgetguru »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #682 on: Mar 24, 2007 at 12:40 AM »
munskie, natax ka ba?

nope.......even if my orders have a overstated price of over a $100

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #683 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 08:52 AM »
The latest that I received from Royale was last March 1 for Final Fantasy VII Limited Ed and this was shipped by Amazon on Feb. 16.

However, the other, which is The Prestige, was shipped by Feb. 19 and until now it hasn't been delivered yet... ???

I received a claim notice here in my office last March 23 which has a postmark date of March 14. Just went in Pasig Central PO this morning and voila... it's my other package from Amazon that was shipped last Feb. 19. Just glad that it's below $50 and I just paid P35.

This is the first time I received a package that was not delivered by Royale. And to think that Amazon had shipped this from their Kentucky office just like my other package that was shipped on Feb. 16.  :-\ Why oh why?  ???

Now I'm having second thoughts of ordering from Amazon with amount hovering above $50. It seems I'll be splitting some of pre-orders. Mahirap na at baka magbayad pa ako ng mas mahal. I don't mind paying P35, it's the traveling from my office to Pasig Central PO that I don't like doing...

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #684 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 09:29 AM »
I received a claim notice here in my office last March 23 which has a postmark date of March 14. Just went in Pasig Central PO this morning and voila... it's my other package from Amazon that was shipped last Feb. 19. Just glad that it's below $50 and I just paid P35.

This is the first time I received a package that was not delivered by Royale. And to think that Amazon had shipped this from their Kentucky office just like my other package that was shipped on Feb. 16.  :-\ Why oh why?  ???

Now I'm having second thoughts of ordering from Amazon with amount hovering above $50. It seems I'll be splitting some of pre-orders. Mahirap na at baka magbayad pa ako ng mas mahal. I don't mind paying P35, it's the traveling from my office to Pasig Central PO that I don't like doing...
mine was was shipped too from their Kentucky office.  Ive already sent an email to amazon explaining them that the old process was better....I hope they would give me a satisfying answer....

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #685 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 09:32 AM »
looking forward to that answer of Amazon... kindly share na lang, thanks. :)

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #686 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 09:36 PM »
Wala pa rin iyung akin.  Filing my first lost package report later tonight (for my order shipped on January 26).  Estimate ship date lapsed on March 24th. 

As others are getting parcel notices for orders from third week of February.  Hoping to get mine (from orders shipped on February 19th and 20th) this week...

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #687 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 09:53 PM »
Pulpol talaga sagot ng Amazon...I gave a detailed account of whats happening to my shipment, even stated that Im from the phllippines....but here's the reply....pulpol talaga

Thanks for writing us at Amazon.com.

We use a variety of carriers which we have found provide the best
service for our different shipping options.

Unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee a specific shipper. I
apologize if this may cause any inconvenience.

Our Standard Domestic shipping is done by the United States Postal
Service, UPS, Airborne/DHL, and FedEx.  If you select Two-Day or One-
Day Shipping, your package may be delivered by UPS, Airborne/DHL, or
FedEx.  These shipments are delivered on weekdays only.
Additionally, some exceptionally large or heavy items may be shipped
by a specialty carrier such as Eagle Freight. 

If the shipping address is a P.O. Box, however, the order can only
be sent via U.S. Mail or Airborne.  Airborne takes these shipments
from our fulfillment centers and delivers them to the local post
office closest to the destination, where either the package or a
pickup notice will be placed in your P.O. Box.

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #688 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 10:05 PM »
Maybe if we file a late complaint for every shipment that is sent through USPS,  they might take notice.

Do not blame me, however if their replacement is worst, or goes through custom each and every time. :)
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2007 at 09:46 AM by gadgetguru »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #689 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 10:06 PM »
Pulpol talaga sagot ng Amazon...I gave a detailed account of whats happening to my shipment, even stated that Im from the phllippines....but here's the reply....pulpol talaga

What's pulpol?

I had a similar experience with a "generic" response to a fully detailed problem I emailed about last year. At the end of the response was a "Feedback" hyperlink, asking whether the response helped me or not. I answered that I was very disappointed with them, since the response was completely useless, since clearly I was wasting my time sending email to someone who either didn't understand English or didn't even bother to actually read my email.

I got a reply from an American sounding name apologizing profusely for the incident, and my issue was resolved within 24 hours.

==========

Still nothing on my February 20th order. Grr!
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...