Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 415840 times)

Offline RadicalDude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A
« Reply #720 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 10:40 AM »
My recent order that was shipped by Amazon last March 21 has been delivered this morning by Royale.   :D :D :D
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #721 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 10:42 AM »
I wonder why Royale Logistics doesn't service Ermita or Malate area  :-[

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #722 on: Apr 04, 2007 at 12:11 PM »
Ive sent an email again.........hoping Ill be more satisfied and not get a generic reply from their customer service staff........My march 6 is also delayed.........under the old route......it should have arrived by now, along with the march 12......my last, feb 26 almost took a month.
finally, my march 6 and march 12 orders are in my possession...just picked them up at the local PO.....sakto sa long holiday break..... ;D ;D

Offline emvi_2000

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #723 on: Apr 04, 2007 at 02:31 PM »
My MARCH 15 order arrived todat at the PO..Unlike my past orders which were deliverd directly to my office, this one wasnt handled by Royale Logistics. Had to pay P35 and pick it up from the PO.

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #724 on: Apr 05, 2007 at 12:10 AM »
I cannot believe it. My February 24 order yesterday. The postmark on the package was March 30 but I only got the postal notice yesterday (Apr 4).

The interesting thing is Amazon sent me a replacement order last March 29 so with the way things are going I might get a second copy of the item I purchased.

Any suggestions on what to do with my second copy? Return it perhaps to Amazon?

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #725 on: Apr 05, 2007 at 12:38 AM »
Amazon send me this email when I reported my missing package (shipped January 26th) and they send a replacement:

"WHAT IF I GET TWO PACKAGES?

--If you receive the original order before the replacement order has
shipped, you can cancel the replacement by visiting the "Your
Account" link on our web site.

--You may refuse delivery of the second package to arrive, and it
will automatically be returned to us. For U.S. Mail packages,
write "Refused - return to sender" on the package and leave it for
your mail carrier. For other delivery services, contact the carrier
for refusal instructions.

--If you need to return one of the packages, or decide you wish to
keep and pay for both, write to us using the following URL:"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/returns-and-refunds.html

Buti pa kayo, at least your packages arrived.  Mine from February 18, 20, 26th and March 5th plus one from Amazon.co.uk is nowhere in sight.  I have already cancelled my other preorders.  wait muna ako, how amazon will sort this out before ordering again.  The wait is so bad, that I am willing to pay the duties just to have them. 

Problem is i have no idea whether it is Amazon, their new freight carrier, DHL, Royal Logistics, or the local PO that is at fault.  I am particulary wonder why Royal have to rely on our inefficient Post Office for areas outside Makati/Ortigas...  as a 'Logistics' company, they should at least be able to deliver to all metropolitan areas...  the more step it takes to reach it's destination,. the longer it takes, and the chance of lost packages increases exponentially...
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2007 at 12:40 AM by gadgetguru »

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #726 on: Apr 05, 2007 at 04:28 PM »
Well Amazon will refund me for my first order so the only reason I will send the second order back to them is a sign of good faith and honesty to them.
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2007 at 04:28 PM by brummie »

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #727 on: Apr 05, 2007 at 04:55 PM »
Well Amazon will refund me for my first order so the only reason I will send the second order back to them is a sign of good faith and honesty to them.

If you are in the Philippines or somewhere in Asia, Amazon would prefer that you just keep or trash the extra copy because it will probably cost Amazon more money for the return mailing fee.  That has happened to me and I live in Tokyo.  So better sell or donate the extra DVDs and don't bother informing Amazon about your "luck".

« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2007 at 04:59 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline drjdm319

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #728 on: Apr 05, 2007 at 06:51 PM »
I think luck plays a big role in the delivery; I started ordering last year and all three previous orders with Amazon were well way over $100 (August - $120, September - $130, and October - $297) and all arrived at home without customs tax in 2-3 weeks time with DHL as courier (by the way, I reside in Tuguegarao). I decided to temporarily stop ordering starting November because I knew that volume of shipping will increase because of the yuletide season.
My only order from Amazon this year was supposedly shipped February 27 (cost - $ 241.97); alas, up to now, Holy Week na, wala pa rin ang package. Swertehan lang yata, and sad to say, masamang swerte ako ngayon. So like "brummie", ako ay naghihinagpis.

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #729 on: Apr 11, 2007 at 07:55 PM »
If you are in the Philippines or somewhere in Asia, Amazon would prefer that you just keep or trash the extra copy because it will probably cost Amazon more money for the return mailing fee.  That has happened to me and I live in Tokyo.  So better sell or donate the extra DVDs and don't bother informing Amazon about your "luck".

Just send it back.  It will help build a good a good image for us.  It will benefit us in the future.  Insist on returning it to them.  This will give abusive people an idea.

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #730 on: Apr 11, 2007 at 07:58 PM »
Btw.  Mt orders of February 10, March 6 and 23 haven't arrived yet.  :(

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #731 on: Apr 12, 2007 at 12:10 AM »
Finally, my order of Feb 18, 2007 arrived this week.. No tax on my $74 purchase..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #732 on: Apr 12, 2007 at 05:02 PM »
My March 23 order arrived today via royal.  March 6 order wala pa.  Btw.  I talked to Royal personnel who is in the delivery.  I told him about our problem regarding amazon not using Royal anymore and that our orders arrive late.  He told me that their shipment from amazon are now low around 30 to 40 pcs. nalang at sometimes 4 pcs. per shipment compared to 150 to 200 pcs. about 2 months ago.  And also he told me to tell amazon to use their courier "Royal Logistics".  I said that we are doing it already.  He also told me na maraming tumatag sa Royal regarding their orders ARAW ARAW. :)  And also they already have the tracking device from amazon.  Kung kelan may tracking device tsaka bumabagal ang mga shipment and not under Royal na. :(

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #733 on: Apr 12, 2007 at 06:11 PM »
Finally, my order of Feb 18, 2007 arrived this week.. No tax on my $74 purchase..

May I ask which PO handled your order?

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #734 on: Apr 12, 2007 at 09:17 PM »
May I ask which PO handled your order?

USPS handled delivery from US to Philippines.  I got the package from Davao City Main Post Office.
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #735 on: Apr 12, 2007 at 09:41 PM »
Anyone has an email of Amazon for feedback?  Not the past-ship-date complaint form, kasi I only use that only when an order is past it's ship date.  That way we can bombard Amazon with how PinoyDVD members feels about their 'new' courier...

Actually all of my orders from February 15 - present are still somewhere in limbo.   I called Royale Logistics three weeks back and they told me 3 of my 6 packages are with them already and that they sent it via the PO.  Unfortunately, until now, those have not arrived together with my other 3 which may or may not have passed through Royale Logistics.  So can their tracking software track PO deliveries? 

My next preorder ship on April 24th, now thinking whether to cancel it since all my other orders are still undelivered.   I already have one past estimate date that Amazon had to reship, by next week a couple more will also be past due.  I really hope those will arrive before then lest Amazon think my lost packages is not a result of their new delivery scheme but a fraudulent scheme.

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #736 on: Apr 12, 2007 at 10:01 PM »
Anyone has an email of Amazon for feedback?  Not the past-ship-date complaint form, kasi I only use that only when an order is past it's ship date.  That way we can bombard Amazon with how PinoyDVD members feels about their 'new' courier...

Actually all of my orders from February 15 - present are still somewhere in limbo.   I called Royale Logistics three weeks back and they told me 3 of my 6 packages are with them already and that they sent it via the PO.  Unfortunately, until now, those have not arrived together with my other 3 which may or may not have passed through Royale Logistics.  So can their tracking software track PO deliveries? 

My next preorder ship on April 24th, now thinking whether to cancel it since all my other orders are still undelivered.   I already have one past estimate date that Amazon had to reship, by next week a couple more will also be past due.  I really hope those will arrive before then lest Amazon think my lost packages is not a result of their new delivery scheme but a fraudulent scheme.

I think amazon already know the problem regarding the looooooong wait we endure for the packages to arrive.  Bombarding amazon with e-mails may have positive or negative affects.  Baka mapikon like other websites. "diba may korean site ata na binanned ang Pinas ?"  I thing that they are still testing their new tracking system or baka may dispute between Royal / Amazon.  Also baka unti unti nang ililipat sa ibang courier because or myny reported lost or delayed packages na sinasadya so amazon gave Royal the tracking system to know that the packages indeed arrived here.   

Their tracking software will only tell amazon that the package is already here in the Philippines or at Royal logistics.

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #737 on: Apr 12, 2007 at 10:21 PM »
That's one of my problem with Royale.  The last mile problem, since they, unlike Air21, could not deliver to areas other than Makati/Ortigas business district.  We all know how inefficient the PO is, so the tracking will show how many packages that arrive via Royale is lost in the PO, but without PO tracking, they can say that the intended receipient got the package when in reality they didn't.   

One of my deliveries from Royale was delivered by the PO a month late based on the postmarked date.  And another that was send via USPS, arrived and I got the second notice 15 days after it arrived at the PO, again based on the postmark, problem is, I never got the first notice.   So how could I know if my other deliveries are being held by the PO, then reported as unclaimed (even if they didn't send out notices) so that they could get the goods themselves. 

I will be airing these complains to Royale in a week's time, if my packages have not arrived by then.

Buti na lang, April is a slow month for good DVD releases, so hoping that this will be sorted out soon before the torrents of good DVD releases...

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #738 on: Apr 12, 2007 at 10:49 PM »
That's one of my problem with Royale.  The last mile problem, since they, unlike Air21, could not deliver to areas other than Makati/Ortigas business district.  We all know how inefficient the PO is, so the tracking will show how many packages that arrive via Royale is lost in the PO, but without PO tracking, they can say that the intended receipient got the package when in reality they didn't.   

One of my deliveries from Royale was delivered by the PO a month late based on the postmarked date.  And another that was send via USPS, arrived and I got the second notice 15 days after it arrived at the PO, again based on the postmark, problem is, I never got the first notice.   So how could I know if my other deliveries are being held by the PO, then reported as unclaimed (even if they didn't send out notices) so that they could get the goods themselves. 

I will be airing these complains to Royale in a week's time, if my packages have not arrived by then.

Buti na lang, April is a slow month for good DVD releases, so hoping that this will be sorted out soon before the torrents of good DVD releases...
It's not Royals fault.  It's the P.O.'s fault.  Pasay P.O. is the drop site.  All are sent via Pasay P.O. except off course Makati, Ortigas area.  It may be under customs and not via Royal.  Now, 8 out of 10 packages are under customs and arrived 1 to 2 months.  Go to your local P.O. and check it out.  It may be there  and with dust.  I hope that all will return to normal.

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #739 on: Apr 12, 2007 at 11:48 PM »
It's not Royals fault.  It's the P.O.'s fault.  Pasay P.O. is the drop site.  All are sent via Pasay P.O. except off course Makati, Ortigas area.  It may be under customs and not via Royal.  Now, 8 out of 10 packages are under customs and arrived 1 to 2 months.  Go to your local P.O. and check it out.  It may be there  and with dust.  I hope that all will return to normal.
Maybe... but isn't that what Amazon paid Royale to do?  That's why Amazon is going USPS, after all USPS go direct to PO as well, whereas Deutch > Royale Logistics > PO, is an extra step.   

I already ask our friendly postman to check it for me.  Might drop by the PO next week.  Still hoping that I will not have to make that trip...

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #740 on: Apr 13, 2007 at 02:37 PM »

IMo I think this is where one of the problem lies..From Royal to Post office, but mainly post office. I think what royal can do as service is to notify the person that their packages are already forwarded to the post office. Royal and the post office should have a system so there wont be any lost packages or any long waits for these packages. I know the post office have lots of packages to deal with but 3 to 4 weeks just sitting in the Post office is ridiculous to me. The system is just so screwed up. Then when you get there they will charge you custom fees and duties. I already suggested (I think by you gadgetguru using air21) I havent heard from royale yet. I dont know what Royale will do about this.

I also hope that Philippines will not be banned bec. of whats happening. This really sucks to me.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #741 on: Apr 13, 2007 at 03:04 PM »
my orders shipped March 28 just arrived today.....our postman brought them, but I have to pay P35 to him...normally I have to get notice first, pero dahil kilala na ako, dinala na nya.....courier is still Imex.. :) :)

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #742 on: Apr 13, 2007 at 05:21 PM »
IMo I think this is where one of the problem lies..From Royal to Post office, but mainly post office. I think what royal can do as service is to notify the person that their packages are already forwarded to the post office. Royal and the post office should have a system so there wont be any lost packages or any long waits for these packages. I know the post office have lots of packages to deal with but 3 to 4 weeks just sitting in the Post office is ridiculous to me. The system is just so screwed up. Then when you get there they will charge you custom fees and duties. I already suggested (I think by you gadgetguru using air21) I havent heard from royale yet. I dont know what Royale will do about this.

I also hope that Philippines will not be banned bec. of whats happening. This really sucks to me.

Packages that are long overdue doesn't pass by Royal anymore.  Its from Amazon To Imex to local international section of post office.  If by Royal= Amazon DHL to Royal to local P.O. to our homes.

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #743 on: Apr 13, 2007 at 10:39 PM »
Another week gone by...  still nothing from our postman.  The only thing I get was for an Amazon UK order from last week of March. 

Two of my pending Amazon order estimate ship date lapsed today.  If nothing from the postman on Monday, I will go to the P.O. on Tuesday.  If nothing turns up,  I will file my undelivered package on Wednesday... although like before, they (Amazon will probably ask me to wait another week).

And unfortunately, it's a slow period for local DVD releases as well...  so nothing new to tide me over (or lessen my frustrations). :)

My last lost package was reshipped by Amazon via Expedited Int'l delivery.  Let's see how that performs.  If the local PO didn't charge me duties, I will try sending my future orders that way, di na bale the extra ship cost.  The waiting time is excruciating especially if you don't know if its lost or what...

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+425)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1225
« Reply #744 on: Apr 14, 2007 at 09:08 AM »
Just ordered Volver & Hellboy Animated: Sword of Storms from Amazon. This is the first time I ever ordered personally from Amazon, so I really hope nothing goes wrong...

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #745 on: Apr 18, 2007 at 03:18 PM »
My latest package arrived yesterday.

Order Date:March 14, 2007
Ship Date:March 31, 2007
Arrival Date:April 17, 2007
Ship Duration: 17 days (14 if you exclude holidays)

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #746 on: Apr 19, 2007 at 09:38 PM »
So what are my options?

None of my orders from mid-February to mid-March arrive.  One from late March did arrive last Friday.  So I called Royale, they told me that at least 3 have gone through them...  But the postman never delivered them.  When I when to the post office, they told me either to ask the postman.  The postman says none for him to deliver...  So the runaround goes...   

One more will be past the estimate ship date soon, having filed three consecutive lost packages report (Amazon reship all three and all still in transit), I am wary of filing another especially when Royale Logistics confirmed that it did arrive in the Philippines.  :(

Another order from Amazon UK was undelivered.  It was reshipped and the Estimate Ship Date (ESD) for the new package lapsed yesterday and wala pa rin. 

Are the packages still in transit? Are they shipped to wrong address, Are they still somewhere in the post office storeroom? Have they already been philfered already?   Too many questions... no definite answers.  I am now leaning toward the last two...

but how do you check these types of mail?  Without tracking, it's your word against theirs.  Bakit kasi Royale and Amazon will have to rely on our postal system when alternatives exist.

Easy Amazon purchases is one of the reason I become a DVD collector,  now these problems is making me want to give up the same...    Who could have thought a leisurely activity like watching DVDs could become such a nightmare... :(
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2007 at 01:25 AM by gadgetguru »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #747 on: Apr 20, 2007 at 08:23 PM »
gadgetguru, can I inquire what general area you're from? (Mandaluyong, QC, Pasay, etc.)

I think earlier on this thread, there were a lot of complaints regarding stolen packages sent to... Pasay, I think?

Just ordered Volver & Hellboy Animated: Sword of Storms from Amazon. This is the first time I ever ordered personally from Amazon, so I really hope nothing goes wrong...

From all the complaints on this thread over the past 2 months, medyo wrong timing yata yung first order mo, jas... but I wish you well and hope nothing goes wrong with your order nga.
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2007 at 08:28 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #748 on: Apr 20, 2007 at 10:18 PM »
gadgetguru, can I inquire what general area you're from? (Mandaluyong, QC, Pasay, etc.)

I think earlier on this thread, there were a lot of complaints regarding stolen packages sent to... Pasay, I think?

I am in Manila.  Previously from Late September 2006 to Mid-January 2007, 100% of my orders got delivered, some a bit late but I got them within the Estimated Delivery Date. 

Since then (2007):

January 26 - - Deutch Mail (Royal Logistics?) - MISSING - reshipped by Amazon April 1

February 3 - Royale logistics-PO - Arrived.
February 4 - Royale Logistics-PO - Arrived.
February 11 - USPS - Picked up at PO.

February 19 - Unknown shipper - MISSING - reshipped this week
February 20 - Unknown shipper - MISSING - reshipped this week

February 27 - Royale Logistics (nakalisted sa database nila) - Still pending - Estimate Ship date will lapse next week

March 6 - Royale Logistics - Still Pending

March 22 - Unknown Shipper - Still Pending

March 27 - Royale Logistics - Arrived.

April 1 - Royale Logistics (reshipment from January 26), Still Pending
April 18 - Unknown Shipper (reshipment from February 19), Still Pending
April 19 - Unknown Shipper (reshipment from February 20), Still Pending

Amazon UK - An order did not arrive and was reshipped.  The reshipped package is past due na. and none of the two arrived.

Knowing that the packages did arrived at Royale, makes it harder to justify to myself about complaining to Amazon and having them to reship them, naka-tatlo nang reshipment sunod-sunod. 
All these problems started AFTER I complained about a package with a missing DVD, the package looks like it was opened and placed in a Philpost plastic envelop.  Complained to Royale but not Amazon (took a lost on that one, tutal it's one of the cheaper DVD, and thought baka it accidentally opened in transit).   Maybe Royale complained to the PO, and since then, tina-target yata ang mga packages ko... 
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2007 at 10:20 PM by gadgetguru »

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #749 on: Apr 21, 2007 at 08:45 AM »
Hi gadgetguru, Im also from manila, I got a couple of my packages in central post office before. Ya took a while, fortunately no experiences of lost packages.  I think what you said may be the case, that the post office may be tina-target nga your orders. I dont have the right to judge tho..I switched to JAC. and so far excellent. Im really out of praises, Like I said in the other thread. I think you just try JAC, you can pick up your packages in one of their offices. I have been getting my packages within 7 days so far (of course this may vary). You can try them out a couple of times if you dont like them then you can always go back to amazon, royale, and post office route. But the prob here nga are the experiences you are having.