Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 415809 times)

Offline gadgetguru

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A
« Reply #750 on: Apr 21, 2007 at 09:03 AM »
Thanks Moks, I gonna try JAC soon.  This is Off topic... but do JAC delivery door-to-door in Manila or  do you have to pick them up in one of their offices?  I don't have the time to go to Megamall (the most accessible JAC office to me) every week kasi...

Okay lang if it took awhile.   But the problem is they are getting past the due date na so I will have to file a complaint with Amazon.   As stated, I am conflicted about filing them knowing that the package did arrive at Royale.

I'd stopped ordering from Amazon for now, all my shipments from April are reshipments.  I would have stopped buying in March, but when I called Royale back then, they told me that some of my packages are with them, so i presumed that na-delayed lang ng PO...but then they never arrive.
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2007 at 09:06 AM by gadgetguru »

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #751 on: Apr 21, 2007 at 10:16 AM »
Thanks Moks, I gonna try JAC soon.  This is Off topic... but do JAC delivery door-to-door in Manila or  do you have to pick them up in one of their offices?  I don't have the time to go to Megamall (the most accessible JAC office to me) every week kasi...

Okay lang if it took awhile.   But the problem is they are getting past the due date na so I will have to file a complaint with Amazon.   As stated, I am conflicted about filing them knowing that the package did arrive at Royale.

I'd stopped ordering from Amazon for now, all my shipments from April are reshipments.  I would have stopped buying in March, but when I called Royale back then, they told me that some of my packages are with them, so i presumed that na-delayed lang ng PO...but then they never arrive.
I think JAC deliver door to door, with charge ata..But you have to ask them to be sure.
Also maybe you can talk to the higher ups in the post office and inquire or tell them what you are experiencing and see if the problem can be solved. But the prob here is if they know you order a lot and going thru them they might start messing with you and charge duties and taxes..However I think keeping orders under 50 dollars is safe, but I wouldnt be sure bec before my order or like 52 to 55 dollars, the central post office ask me if this is my first time. Of course I said yes, I think he was about to charge some or mess with me. Unfortunately one of my orders of like 90 bucks they are charging me 1600, I negotiated it to like 700. As usual, cant win against them hehe..

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #752 on: Apr 21, 2007 at 02:00 PM »
sir gadgetguru .  If you suspect the problem is with the local post office.  You can have the option to get it via their office at Muntinlupa or pick it up at Pasay P.O.  But at the back meaning at their delivery area and look for Joel.  But you have to coordinate from them 1st before going there.  When there is a shipment coming from Amazon say yesterday.  The packages will arrive in Pasay P.O. this morning.  From there they will arrange them on where to deliver them.  The Royal Logistics personnel are the ones who are weighing the boxes and putting on the postal stickers with amount.  If I have a package,  they usually call me and I pick them up personally.  But now konti nalang talaga from Amazon to Royal.  From 10 orders from amazon.  2 only arrived and from Royal which took 7 and 14 days.  The other orders are still in limbo.  I ones used JAC as an option before.  Very good but I use to pay also over 10k of shipping charge specially on boxsets

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #753 on: Apr 21, 2007 at 03:08 PM »
I ones used JAC as an option before.  Very good but I use to pay also over 10k of shipping charge specially on boxsets

Did I read that right... over Php 10,000 in shipping charges???

I don't think I'll be trying JAC soon, then.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #754 on: Apr 21, 2007 at 06:16 PM »
Did I read that right... over Php 10,000 in shipping charges???

I don't think I'll be trying JAC soon, then.
That was 4 or 6 big boxes before that was full of DVD'S and box sets.  Kasi sa JAC.  If they receive multiple packages on different days.  They will not consider them as one but multiple packages even though they will ship them simultaneously from NY to MLA.  You'll still have multiple receipts instead of one.  And also they compute it by weight not by volume or it's the other way around.  I forgot.  ;D

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #755 on: Apr 21, 2007 at 09:37 PM »

The other orders are still in limbo. 
Very Off topic and Not related to DVD: I thought the Catholic Church has just abolished limbo :)

Back to topic: I will call Royale again early next week if the package don't arrive by then...  Maybe they can help...  Are Royale Logistics mails Registered Mails?  Wonder if Royale can ask the PO to track the packages and see where it is lost, stolen or gathering dust... 

Offline drjdm319

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #756 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 10:42 PM »
April 1 - Royale Logistics (reshipment from January 26), Still Pending
April 18 - Unknown Shipper (reshipment from February 19), Still Pending
April 19 - Unknown Shipper (reshipment from February 20), Still Pending

My Amazon order shipped February 23 was finally declared lost by Amazon and they have now sent replacements in three separate packages (vis expedited delivery estimated to arrive in less thatn 2 weeks).
Question:  What happens if the replacement still fails to arrive?  Is it appropriate to write Amazon once again for a replacement of the replacement??

Offline glacierfrost

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #757 on: Apr 27, 2007 at 10:53 AM »
Hi I'm a newbie here. Just wanna ask if anyone of you have bought electronics from amazon. I'm planning to buy an amplifier from them. Do you guys think that it's a bad idea? Am I going to have problems with customs? (item is around $500 and 46ibs) Any inputs would be really great.

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #758 on: Apr 27, 2007 at 11:22 AM »
The only items you can buy from Amazon if you are from the Philippines are DVDs, books and music CDs.

Offline Lantis

• Collector
  • Dattebayo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #759 on: Apr 27, 2007 at 01:11 PM »
Question:  What happens if the replacement still fails to arrive?  Is it appropriate to write Amazon once again for a replacement of the replacement??

as far as replacements goes, it always arrive base on my experience-- unless you're one lucky guy  ;D
Back from the grave!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #760 on: Apr 27, 2007 at 10:48 PM »
Surprisingly, my Amazon US order that shipped on April 5th arrived (via IMEX) on April 25th; while my Amazon UK order that shipped on April 13th still hasn't arrived.

Reversal of norms.

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #761 on: May 08, 2007 at 09:32 PM »
Since then (2007):

January 26 - - Deutch Mail (Royal Logistics?) - MISSING - reshipped by Amazon April 1

February 3 - Royale logistics-PO - Arrived.
February 4 - Royale Logistics-PO - Arrived.
February 11 - USPS - Picked up at PO.

February 19 - Unknown shipper - MISSING - reshipped item received
February 20 - Unknown shipper - MISSING - reshipped

February 27 - Royale Logistics (nakalisted sa database nila) - Still pending - Estimate Ship date will lapse next week

March 6 - Royale Logistics - Still Pending

March 22 - Deutch/Must be Royale Logistics - Still Pending, Lapse May 17. told to wait until May 22.

March 27 - Royale Logistics - Arrived.

April 1 - Royale Logistics (reshipment from January 26), Still Pending
April 18 - Unknown Shipper (reshipment from February 19), Royal Logistics, arrived May 03
April 19 - Unknown Shipper (reshipment from February 20), Still Pending

May 01 - New Order, USPS, arrived May 09

Amazon UK - An order did not arrive and was reshipped.  The reshipped package is past due na. and none of the two arrived. Arrived. May 05, 2007. stamped as misshipped to Bangkok, Thailand

Four overdue, one new order. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007 at 09:43 PM by gadgetguru »

Offline barrid

• DVD Guru
  • What's on your mind?
  • Liked:
« Reply #762 on: May 10, 2007 at 06:48 AM »
Where's the link to Amazon? Did we lost our affiliation with them?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007 at 06:51 AM by •ßã®®¡D• »
There's something to learn everyday

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #763 on: May 17, 2007 at 12:12 AM »
My order of Pan's Labyrinth (2-disc) has been shipped...

Offline butsoy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #764 on: May 18, 2007 at 12:50 PM »
Magkano ba umaabot when you buy dvds from Amazon? Kasi I'm planning to buy the Dreamgirls 2-disc Showstopper Edition.. It costs $22 something... How much will it cost ba if I'll let it shipped to the Philippines?

Offline Lantis

• Collector
  • Dattebayo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #765 on: May 18, 2007 at 12:59 PM »
Magkano ba umaabot when you buy dvds from Amazon? Kasi I'm planning to buy the Dreamgirls 2-disc Showstopper Edition.. It costs $22 something... How much will it cost ba if I'll let it shipped to the Philippines?

$22 + $3.99 per shipping + $2.49 per title = $28.48 x 48.10 peso exchange rate (card rate) = 1369.88 ;D

If you're buying, buy in bulk (around 4-5 discs) para sulit yung shipping rate :)
Back from the grave!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #766 on: May 18, 2007 at 02:28 PM »
I'll give you different advice from Lantis - if you buy, keep it under $50 (postage included) or you face being taxed over Php 1000 pesos at customs.

And I'll repeat: now is not a good time to shop at Amazon, since their shipping issues are not resolved. I've had problems with my last 4 orders, both from Amazon and even Amazon UK.  :-[

Offline Lantis

• Collector
  • Dattebayo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #767 on: May 18, 2007 at 02:42 PM »
I'll give you different advice from Lantis - if you buy, keep it under $50 (postage included) or you face being taxed over Php 1000 pesos at customs.

And I'll repeat: now is not a good time to shop at Amazon, since their shipping issues are not resolved. I've had problems with my last 4 orders, both from Amazon and even Amazon UK.  :-[

sorry sir Hankey, my Amazon orders has been consistently on the $100-$150 but I haven't been taxed yet, Royale or not ;D I have an incoming order shipped May 11, I'll let you know what'll happen ::)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007 at 02:43 PM by Lantis »
Back from the grave!

Offline marche

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #768 on: May 18, 2007 at 08:46 PM »
ano ba rates ng johnny air now?

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #769 on: May 18, 2007 at 08:59 PM »
ano ba rates ng johnny air now?

Check the Johnny Air Thread.

Back to Amazon:

My order from May 1, sent via USPS, received in 8 days.  One of the quickest ever.

Another order (over $50 - Planet Earth), sent to my work address (tried a new address, to check if it's the local postman who's doing the dirty business...) Shipped May 7, still pending.

All other previous order are still 'somewhere out there.' 

Complained to Royale again...but I doubt they can do anything.  aFAIK, their complaint to Philpost is falling on deaf ears... 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007 at 09:00 PM by gadgetguru »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #770 on: May 18, 2007 at 09:31 PM »
sorry sir Hankey, my Amazon orders has been consistently on the $100-$150 but I haven't been taxed yet, Royale or not ;D I have an incoming order shipped May 11, I'll let you know what'll happen ::)

It's really the luck of the draw. I've had a $200 order that wasn't taxed; conversely, I've had a $55 order that was. But when you go over $50, you take that risk. Okay lang if you're willing to pay (over or under the table) if you do get taxed, but if you're not - better safe than sorry.

Unless you're in the province. From what I hear, those are almost never taxed.  ;D

My April 13 Amazon UK order never arrived, and I already got a credit rebate. I'm disappointed, this included the Phantasm Sphere, so I think there's a chance that it was stolen for its novelty value. I have May 6 (US), 7 (US), 9 (UK), 11 (UK) shipments pending. Any more problems with those and I'll seriously have to rethink my online ordering scheme. Maybe try getting my discs shipped to my grandmother's house in Bulacan for a change.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007 at 02:28 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #771 on: May 22, 2007 at 06:39 PM »
I was on vacation last week.  But my order that was shipped by Amazon on May 1 was delivered to my office by Royale last May 15. Just got it today from our receptionist.
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline butsoy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #772 on: May 22, 2007 at 08:19 PM »
$22 + $3.99 per shipping + $2.49 per title = $28.48 x 48.10 peso exchange rate (card rate) = 1369.88 ;D

If you're buying, buy in bulk (around 4-5 discs) para sulit yung shipping rate :)

Pwede bang magbayad in cash sa Amazon? Kasi wala pa akong credit card eh.. I'm still a minor.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #773 on: May 22, 2007 at 09:27 PM »
It's really the luck of the draw. I've had a $200 order that wasn't taxed; conversely, I've had a $55 order that was. But when you go over $50, you take that risk.

I went tru similar experience. As for Malate main post office, I never stop admiring their consistency in charging custom to the customers for items above $50 except occassionally they'll let u go. However, most of the time they will love to charge us unless we are willing to "negotiate" with them if you know what I mean...  >:(

Just wanna ask if anyone of you have bought electronics from amazon. I'm planning to buy an amplifier from them.

Yes, you can order virtually anything from Amazon provided you use JAC or similar shipping services but be prapared to pay a high shipping & handling charge tho  ;D

I had ordered from Amazon including DVD, CD, reference books, toys, software, clothes, HD DVD player, etc...all tru JAC without any problem.  ;) Otherwise as brummie pointed out, if by direct shipping for the Philippines only DVDs, books and music CDs are allowed.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #774 on: May 22, 2007 at 10:15 PM »
I have May 6 (US), 7 (US), 9 (UK), 11 (UK) shipments pending.

6, 9 and 11 arrived today. Just the May 7 pending. So... I'll stick to my San Juan/Quezon City shipping addresses for now...  ;D

Pwede bang magbayad in cash sa Amazon? Kasi wala pa akong credit card eh.. I'm still a minor.

Not possible, butsoy, sorry.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007 at 10:17 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline butsoy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #775 on: May 23, 2007 at 10:40 AM »

Not possible, butsoy, sorry.

Oh.. Too bad.. :'(

Offline Lantis

• Collector
  • Dattebayo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #776 on: May 23, 2007 at 10:43 AM »
Oh.. Too bad.. :'(
ask for your parents/ate/kuya's credit card ::)
Back from the grave!

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #777 on: May 23, 2007 at 01:33 PM »
butsoy, PM me what items you're interested to order & I will see if possible as I'm handling orders from time to time at Amazon.  ;)

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #778 on: May 23, 2007 at 08:38 PM »
butsoy, PM me what items you're interested to order & I will see if possible as I'm handling orders from time to time at Amazon.  ;)

Do you charge extra Paul?  ;D ;D ;D
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #779 on: May 31, 2007 at 10:45 AM »
My order from amazon shipped last May 20 to my Ortigas address was received yesterday by Royale Logistics. Unfortunately, I learned that Royale stopped delivering amazon orders to the ortigas area :(. They sent my order thru the local PO: Pasay PO to Pasig PO. Another waiting game :(