Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 415844 times)

Offline gadgetguru

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A
« Reply #780 on: May 31, 2007 at 11:16 AM »
The way it is going, pretty soon, Royal logistics might be out of business.  Instead of delivering to more areas, they are now relying even more on PO despite all these reports of missing packages that passed through the PO.  That's customer service to you. 

I will probably go the Johnny Air route soon...

My last two Amazon deliveries are via USPS.  It makes sense for amazon to use USPS, when Royal Logistics would have to rely on the Post Office for deliveries.  Cut out the middleman.  Of course, that's increases the chances of us getting taxed for our purchases. 

Offline Lantis

• Collector
  • Dattebayo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #781 on: May 31, 2007 at 11:27 AM »
sorry sir Hankey, my Amazon orders has been consistently on the $100-$150 but I haven't been taxed yet, Royale or not ;D I have an incoming order shipped May 11, I'll let you know what'll happen ::)

Arrived May 28 Sir Hankey!  Had to claim it to the post office though first time >:(  It's shipped by USPS, no Royale sticker.  Paid the 35 pesos storage fee gladly ;D  Wala pala talagang customs officer sa Alabang PO, and some packages are being sent to Las Pinas PO for tax purposes... lucky me ::)
Back from the grave!

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #782 on: Jun 07, 2007 at 12:11 AM »
Looks like Amazon uses USPS more than Royale now.  Another of my order arrived today via USPS. 

Shipped by Amazon - April 17.

Received by PO - May 09

Second notice marked June 1 (First notice NOT received)

Second Notice received - June 6.  Picked up at PO today.  P35 paid.

That's efficiency at the PO. 

Wonder how much of Royale Logistics business is from Amazon.  If it constitute a majority of their business, then they may be out of business soon...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #783 on: Jun 07, 2007 at 12:43 AM »
My April 13 Amazon UK order never arrived, and I already got a credit rebate.

It actually DID arrive yesterday! Wow, talk about ultra-delayed.

I'm waiting for my credit card statement. If I see the rebate on the statement, I'll email Amazon-UK and ask them to re-bill me again, since I did get the order, after all. And when they re-bill me, it'll even be cheaper than the initial price I was supposed to pay, since the dollar has fallen further since April.  ;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #784 on: Jun 07, 2007 at 12:58 AM »
Amazon UK April 13 order: It actually DID arrive yesterday! Wow, talk about ultra-delayed.

I'm waiting for my credit card statement. If I see the rebate on the statement, I'll email Amazon-UK and ask them to re-bill me again, since I did get the order, after all. And when they re-bill me, it'll even be cheaper than the initial price I was supposed to pay, since the dollar has fallen further since April.  ;D

Wow. That's really ultra-delayed; Amazon UK order often arrive very promptly.  Though my only pending Amazon UK (shipped May 18) lapsed yesterday and i am waiting a week more before filing a lost complaint. 

Just curious.  When is the postmark?  Just want to know whether its the PO's fault or somewhere along it's intercontinental journey to reach our shores...

As for price.  April 13: £1  = Php 94.82         June 06: £1 = Php 91.47 (Oanda.com interbank rate)

So it is cheaper. :D
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2007 at 01:17 AM by gadgetguru »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #785 on: Jun 07, 2007 at 10:01 AM »
Just curious.  When is the postmark?

Sorry, can't check. Box was already picked up by the garbage truck.

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #786 on: Jun 14, 2007 at 09:12 AM »
Does Royale still deliver to an Ortigas address? recently ordered a set, shipped June 8
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #787 on: Jun 14, 2007 at 10:41 AM »
Does Royale still deliver to an Ortigas address? recently ordered a set, shipped June 8

Yes they resumed delivery to Ortigas addresses. Got my amazon order that was shipped last June 5 this morning...still consistent at 9 days after shipping date 8)...

My order from amazon shipped last May 20 to my Ortigas address was received yesterday by Royale Logistics. Unfortunately, I learned that Royale stopped delivering amazon orders to the ortigas area . They sent my order thru the local PO: Pasay PO to Pasig PO. Another waiting game

still waiting for my May 20 order consisting of the 2 Pirates of the Caribbean blu-ray discs that royale coursed thru philpost when they temporarily stopped their delivery service to ortigas 2 weeks ago. :(

« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2007 at 10:45 AM by aeris30 »

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #788 on: Jun 14, 2007 at 11:34 AM »
olrayt! thanks for the reply  ;D

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #789 on: Jun 14, 2007 at 11:55 AM »
Read at ABSCBNNews.com that fire hit the Postal Office in Pasay and destroyed ALL parcels stored at the custom area.  So if any of our parcels are there, it's gone for good.  And will have to wait for the ship date to expire before filing our complains at Amazon...

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #790 on: Jun 14, 2007 at 01:04 PM »
I have a question. Lets say there is a sale ongoing now at amazon and I ordered a disc at their sale price and put it in my cart together with a preorder lets say July 3. So the whole delivery will by July 3 or onwards. Lets say the sale is over by tom, of course price will go back to original. My question is, when I already ordered the sale item, Will it revert back to the original price on my preorder because it will not be charged until July 3 (day of delivery). I want to maximize on the sale and credit card cutoff kasi. Thanks

Offline skylynx888

• DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
« Reply #791 on: Jun 14, 2007 at 01:16 PM »
QUESTION po: This will be my first time to order from amazon, theres a 2+1 BD sale, should i choose 3 titles na ba before checkout?
thanks  ;)

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #792 on: Jun 14, 2007 at 01:21 PM »
QUESTION po: This will be my first time to order from amazon, theres a 2+1 BD sale, should i choose 3 titles na ba before checkout?
thanks  ;)

Pls. check again, amazon 2+1 Sony BD sale has already ended. New promo is 40% off on selected HD DVD & Blu-ray discs.

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #793 on: Jun 14, 2007 at 01:23 PM »
I have a question. Lets say there is a sale ongoing now at amazon and I ordered a disc at their sale price and put it in my cart together with a preorder lets say July 3. So the whole delivery will by July 3 or onwards. Lets say the sale is over by tom, of course price will go back to original. My question is, when I already ordered the sale item, Will it revert back to the original price on my preorder because it will not be charged until July 3 (day of delivery). I want to maximize on the sale and credit card cutoff kasi. Thanks

If you already ckecked-out & place an order, sale price will prevail.

Offline et414

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #794 on: Jun 14, 2007 at 01:31 PM »

i think basta nakacheout ka na the old price will still stand pero kung nasa cart lang it will revert to the non-sale price when you checkout. In my experience if you put a pre-order item together w/ something in stock they will deliver the in stock items first especially if the pre-order release date is still a long way off

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #795 on: Jun 14, 2007 at 01:39 PM »

As stated by the others, if checked out, the sale price will prevail.  It will probably arrive in 2 shipments.  You'd be charged for the delivered item only.  But if you use Johnny Air, that would mean two ship charges. :)

If left on cart (and not checked out), then prices will revert to new price.

I am had stopped ordering from Amazon until I registered with Johnny Air.  My experience the last 4 months with Amazon, PO, Royal, etc.  is riddled with lost packages, undelivered packages, missing item, and other headaches.  I still have three pending items and my hopes are not high on those...

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #796 on: Jun 14, 2007 at 04:51 PM »
When one item is a pre-order always choose "to group all items into one shipment" to avoid paying for 2 shipments.

Offline im2bz

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #797 on: Jun 14, 2007 at 09:03 PM »
wow a fire at pasay PO
i hope my son's jojo's circus dvd is not there :'(

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #798 on: Jun 15, 2007 at 08:56 AM »
ok thanks so much guys..ya I always choose "ship together in one shipment" bec dito tayo overseas and shipping charges can add up..Suerte those in America free palagi shipment nila hehe. Ok will try it out, kasi I notice they always have some kind of sale and sometimes there are some movies that are really good buys and I want to use my credit card cutoff efficiently. Thanks so much.

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #799 on: Jun 15, 2007 at 09:39 AM »

You should have received your orders by this time. Mine was shipped June 7 and I received them yesterday, June 14, here in the office (Ortigas Center). This is so far the fastest delivery I've got.
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #800 on: Jun 15, 2007 at 09:59 AM »
You should have received your orders by this time. Mine was shipped June 7 and I received them yesterday, June 14, here in the office (Ortigas Center). This is so far the fastest delivery I've got.

Thanks bro, unfortunately i called up Royale, mine's not yet in. They have an incoming shipment tomorrow, so hopefully by Monday I get mine  8)

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #801 on: Jun 16, 2007 at 11:07 AM »
hi, does anyone know if royal delivers to paranaque? I've had experiences ordering years ago and I got taxed a lot... baka royal delivers to paranaque na :)

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #802 on: Jun 19, 2007 at 07:23 AM »
no word yet on my June 8 shipment  :-\

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #803 on: Jun 19, 2007 at 08:21 AM »
check your amazon invoice, if there's a tracking no. starting with GM, amazon used DHL Globalmail w/c means royale will get the package. Otherwise amazon used a different courier.

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #804 on: Jun 19, 2007 at 12:05 PM »

I think you are still fine. You should get it assuming it went through Royale by the end of the week.

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #805 on: Jun 19, 2007 at 03:11 PM »
my tracking # starts with AM  :-\

what does this mean?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #806 on: Jun 19, 2007 at 11:41 PM »
I'm guessing that's a 2-letter abbreviation for... AMazon.

;D

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #807 on: Jun 20, 2007 at 12:30 AM »
Walang tracking info ang lahat ng order ko... where can you find that code?  The printable Invoice found on Amazon?

Just received another postal notice today.   While I am sure my zip code is printed on the label, the post office didn't notice and guessed my area [it's written 'try (my district)'].   PO people not knowledgeable about zip codes?!  ???

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #808 on: Jun 20, 2007 at 02:37 PM »
called royale earlier... wala pa din  :P

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #809 on: Jun 20, 2007 at 04:57 PM »
Walang tracking info ang lahat ng order ko... where can you find that code?  The printable Invoice found on Amazon?

Just received another postal notice today.   While I am sure my zip code is printed on the label, the post office didn't notice and guessed my area [it's written 'try (my district)'].   PO people not knowledgeable about zip codes?!  ???

It's in the e-mail that you get when your item is shipped.