Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 415953 times)

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A
« Reply #810 on: Jun 20, 2007 at 05:30 PM »
check your amazon invoice, if there's a tracking no. starting with GM, amazon used DHL Globalmail w/c means royale will get the package. Otherwise amazon used a different courier.

can we use that GM tracking no. to locate the package?
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2007 at 05:31 PM by RNIverson »

Offline gadgetguru

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #811 on: Jun 20, 2007 at 09:02 PM »
It's in the e-mail that you get when your item is shipped.
Thanks.  Panay USPS na ang gamit ng Amazon sa order ko, maybe because 5 or so of my orders that were coursed through Royale got lost somewhere in the postal system.  Now, I have to pick up my orders at my local PO.

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #812 on: Jun 21, 2007 at 10:26 AM »

still waiting for my May 20 order consisting of the 2 Pirates of the Caribbean blu-ray discs that royale coursed thru philpost when they temporarily stopped their delivery service to ortigas 2 weeks ago. :(

Good news after 3 weeks of waiting since Royale sent this thru Philpost, my May 20 amazon order finally arrived. And the best thing about it is Pasig PO delivered it to my ortigas center address...no tax & no storage fee ;D 8)

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #813 on: Jun 21, 2007 at 01:31 PM »
Pasig PO now delivering to Ortigas Center address? Hmmm... hoping it's permanent and not an operational lapse on the side of the post office or maybe Pasig Central PO knows how to distinguish local from international mail since it was already Royale who acted as the sender or the one who posted the package.
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #814 on: Jun 21, 2007 at 01:39 PM »
I think if it's mailed locally by Royale Logistics, then it will be delivered and no storage fee since Royale already paid the postage.  That is, if it don't get lost in the PO first.  I already have around 5 packages lost and all are handled by Royale/PO. 

If it arrived from the US via USPS or another company, then chances are you have pick it up at your local PO, and risk custom duties...

My reshipment of a lost March 26 order, shipped May 26, handled by Royale (according to the tracking formula posted earlier - GM) had not yet arrived.  Another new order from June 3, shipped via USPS arrived yesterday (pickup at PO).

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #815 on: Jun 21, 2007 at 05:33 PM »
My last 5 shipments' tracking # starts with GM, handled by DHL, delivered by royale logistics to an ortigas address.
(earliest was 14 days, longest was 19 days)

however my latest purchase shipped June 8 has a tracking # starting with AM  ??? 

who do you guys think handled this one?
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2007 at 05:37 PM by Dowals »
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #816 on: Jun 21, 2007 at 06:36 PM »
Pasig PO now delivering to Ortigas Center address? Hmmm... hoping it's permanent and not an operational lapse on the side of the post office or maybe Pasig Central PO knows how to distinguish local from international mail since it was already Royale who acted as the sender or the one who posted the package.

This is also the only reason I can think of...that Pasig PO considered it local mail since Royale was the sender. Unlike when I was still using a QC address even if Royale was the sender I always pick it up at the QC Central PO at NIA road. The package was already delivered to my sister's office at Raffles when she arrived this morning & received by their security guard along with other mails for their company.

I also noticed that for my last two amazon packages, titles of the blu-ray movies I ordered were no longer indicated in the amazon/dhl sticker...it just says "digital video discs (new)" & the total value.
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2007 at 06:40 PM by aeris30 »

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #817 on: Jun 21, 2007 at 06:44 PM »
My last 5 shipments' tracking # starts with GM, handled by DHL, delivered by royale logistics to an ortigas address.
(earliest was 14 days, longest was 19 days)

however my latest purchase shipped June 8 has a tracking # starting with AM  ??? 

who do you guys think handled this one?

Just browsed the tracking number on all my shipment notification from Amazon and found out that the only one I claimed from the Pasig Central PO was the one with the AM in the tracking number. Everything else has GM and delivered directly by Royale. Fyi.

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #818 on: Jun 22, 2007 at 10:41 AM »
Just browsed the tracking number on all my shipment notification from Amazon and found out that the only one I claimed from the Pasig Central PO was the one with the AM in the tracking number. Everything else has GM and delivered directly by Royale. Fyi.

Thanks, i might drop by Pasig PO later today to check if mine is there already. Called up Royale earlier today, still no word on my shipment  :-\

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #819 on: Jun 22, 2007 at 11:42 AM »
I believed those packages that has the AM do not pass thru Royale. That one package of mine was not on Royale's record.

Offline cutids

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #820 on: Jun 22, 2007 at 11:47 AM »
Hi, Guys!

I ordered from Amazon early March 2007 amounting to USD99.58, shipped via Standard International Shipping and estimated date of arrival was April 16. As expected it didn't arrive on time. I only got a notice around 2nd week of May and to my surprise, I still had to pick it up myself. Doesn't Amazon deliver direct to the shipping address anymore? Much to my dismay, i was to pick it up in Pasig Central Post Office and not in Ortigas Center Post Office which is a stone's throw away from my workplace. Plus, I had to pay PhP1,500++ for whatever charges.I've been reading here that most of your packages are being delivered to your doorsteps by Royale Logistics, did you  choose Standard International Shipping also?

I still have a second order amounting to USD49.99, expected date of arrival was May 25. The package hasn't arrived yet, not even a notice. I wonder what's going on with Amazon.  >:(  :(  ???
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2007 at 11:57 AM by cutids »

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #821 on: Jun 22, 2007 at 12:15 PM »
I believed those packages that has the AM do not pass thru Royale. That one package of mine was not on Royale's record.

To my eagerness, i went to Pasig PO (grabe trapik!) to check my AM package...Its not there yet  :'(

I went to check at the Customs Office, kakatakot mga itsura nila  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #822 on: Jun 22, 2007 at 12:23 PM »
Hi, Guys!

I ordered from Amazon early March 2007 amounting to USD99.58, shipped via Standard International Shipping and estimated date of arrival was April 16. As expected it didn't arrive on time. I only got a notice around 2nd week of May and to my surprise, I still had to pick it up myself. Doesn't Amazon deliver direct to the shipping address anymore? Much to my dismay, i was to pick it up in Pasig Central Post Office and not in Ortigas Center Post Office which is a stone's throw away from my workplace. Plus, I had to pay PhP1,500++ for whatever charges.I've been reading here that most of your packages are being delivered to your doorsteps by Royale Logistics, did you  choose Standard International Shipping also?

I still have a second order amounting to USD49.99, expected date of arrival was May 25. The package hasn't arrived yet, not even a notice. I wonder what's going on with Amazon.  >:(  :(  ???

If that's 49.99 including shipping, then you probably won't get taxed even if it arrives at the post office, as discussed all over this thread. The Amazon change in shipping is also discussed in a lot of detail earlier. Just browse a few pages back.

Getting packages delivered to a Third World country is like a box of chocolates...

You never know what you're gonna get.

Or where. Or when. Or how much you need to pay as customs duties, official or "unofficial."
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #823 on: Jun 22, 2007 at 12:32 PM »
Hi, Guys!

Based on my own experience and many others here, most orders from last year was handled by Royale and delivered by them to your doorstep if you are in the Makati/Ortigas area.  Since around February 2007, however Amazon split their deliveries between DHL/Royale, USPS/Philpost, and some other international couriers.

Around that time, local PO seems to have acquired a taste for DVDs as a lot of my Royale deliveries which were forwarded to the PO (I'm not in their delivery route) got lost... I presume, stolen.  

If your order is handled by another courier , say USPS, you will have to pick it up at the PO after receiving the notice.  That is, if you received the notice.  Twice, I received a 'second notice' without receiving the first one.  But at least my orders handled by USPS did arrive unlike my orders handled by Royale.

As for duties, if you have to pick it up, then chances are, you have pay duties if it's $50 and up (including s&H), that figure is not cast in stone and if you happen to be unlucky, you might be charged P1500 for a $10 DVD.  I think (is it Keilu) someone got charged that way...

Since you cannot choose whether Royale or USPS will handle your order, it's a luck of the draw.  These are all Standard Int'l Deliveries...

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #824 on: Jun 22, 2007 at 12:40 PM »
Nag improve na yung shipping ng Amazon since changing couriers........mga two weeks na lagi ngayon.   At least consistent na, compared to the horrific transition where maaga na ang three weeks.   Mas mabilis pa rin though under the old Royal-PO route..........10-12 days lagi dating ng order ko nun.

Great thing kakilala ko na postman, instead of pick-up, dinadala na packages ko, and pinapipirma na lang yung pick-up notice.   Binibigyan ko na lang ng tip plus the usual P35 fee.  ;D

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #825 on: Jun 22, 2007 at 02:08 PM »
To my eagerness, i went to Pasig PO (grabe trapik!) to check my AM package...Its not there yet  :'(

I went to check at the Customs Office, kakatakot mga itsura nila  ;D

Just be patient. I also order DVDs from other sites like DVDEmpire and EBay and so far Pasig CPO never fails to send me notices for pick-up. The thing is, I usually wait for more than 4 weeks but I never experienced something like beyond 2 months. Not bad as long as it wasn't lost.

Yun lang, medyo hassle talaga pagpunta sa Pasig CPO. I even suggested to them and asked why not set a satellite customs office here in the Ortigas Center PO. Wala lang, nginitian lang ako.

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #826 on: Jun 22, 2007 at 02:52 PM »
olrayt bro radical, thanks  :)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #827 on: Jun 22, 2007 at 11:26 PM »
Those with packages coming from QCPO: Did you finally get some very delayed packages this week?

Apparently, they've been hoarding the shipments since they ran out of postal notices! I stopped by a few days ago and there were A LOT of packages there already.

They got tired of waiting for notices, so some of you may have received that really odd, irregularly shaped piece of scratch paper they sent out with purple stamp pad ink on it as a "substitute postal notice."

Sad, huh? I wonder who pocketed the money they were supposed to spend to print those postal notices this time.  ::)
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2007 at 11:28 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #828 on: Jun 27, 2007 at 10:31 AM »
20 days & counting...wala pa rin  :'(

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #829 on: Jun 27, 2007 at 11:16 AM »
Got my June 18 order this morning delivered by Royale.

Offline marckd1

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #830 on: Jun 27, 2007 at 12:44 PM »
20 days & counting...wala pa rin  :'(

Same here Sir Dowals, mine shipped last June 6 and no news in Royale about my package. Hope it's not included in the recent fire in parcel section of Pasay City post office.

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #831 on: Jun 27, 2007 at 01:54 PM »
Same here Sir Dowals, mine shipped last June 6 and no news in Royale about my package. Hope it's not included in the recent fire in parcel section of Pasay City post office.

bro marckd1, what's the start of your tracking #? GM or the notorious AM?

Offline marckd1

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #832 on: Jun 27, 2007 at 03:33 PM »
what I have in my screen is the order number and starts with 105

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #833 on: Jun 28, 2007 at 09:11 AM »
tracking # can be seen in their invoice, check your email

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #834 on: Jun 28, 2007 at 01:56 PM »
If that's 49.99 including shipping, then you probably won't get taxed even if it arrives at the post office, as discussed all over this thread. The Amazon change in shipping is also discussed in a lot of detail earlier. Just browse a few pages back.

Getting packages delivered to a Third World country is like a box of chocolates...

You never know what you're gonna get.

Or where. Or when. Or how much you need to pay as customs duties, official or "unofficial."

I like the way you put it. hehehe.

ever since my extremely disappointing and very bad first try with AMAZON to have my dvds delivered locally, imagine feb 8 2006 ordered, march estimate arrival, never reached me. I had it refunded though. I now have my relatives from the states, get the package, and when ever they come home, i have them bring it along with them. in fact, i have 9 dvds coming in tomorrow. yipee.  ;D

Offline marckd1

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #835 on: Jun 28, 2007 at 07:06 PM »
bro marckd1, what's the start of your tracking #? GM or the notorious AM?

I've got the AMRNZ tracking number   :P

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #836 on: Jun 29, 2007 at 01:44 PM »
 :'( the notorious AM

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #837 on: Jun 29, 2007 at 09:41 PM »
All of my (tracking) AM's were handled by USPS.  I pick up every one of those at the Post Office and paid the P35.  All of my order are around $50 or less. 

I now prefer USPS over Royale Logistics.  Royale Logistics don't deliver in my area, and I had BIG problems with orders handled by Royale.  Royale's said they received the items and forwarded to the PO, but they never arrive.  And any complaints get you the response that they will tell the Post Office.  But they still don't arrive EVER.  Amazon might even think I am  a crook, because their tracking will show that the item arrive at Royale Philippines.  But I never receive them and no way of asking the PO, because Royale's packages are not registered mails.  Sometimes, I even think that Royale might be the crook.

I still have a May 26 package (reshipment of a March 26) undelivered.  Tracking no. is a GM.  It's a Royale Logistic package. 

I have stopped ordering from Amazon for the past month.  I am thinking of going the Johnny Air route soon...

Offline hubes

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #838 on: Jun 29, 2007 at 11:33 PM »
I recently received a package from amazon. Pick up in QCPO but paid 115 pesos for customs inspection fee.

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #839 on: Jul 03, 2007 at 07:35 AM »
I recently received a package from amazon. Pick up in QCPO but paid 115 pesos for customs inspection fee.

bro hubes, when was this shipped? no word yet on my June 8 (AM package)

amazon's reply:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I have researched your order and note that it has been shipped via
IMEX.  There is no tracking number available for this service, but
we do expect your package to be delivered to you by the date
estimated in Your Account: .

The delivery estimate is based on the proximity of inventory to the
delivery address you provided, as well as how quickly we can obtain
and assemble your order.

We want to make sure that your order arrives safely.  If your
package does not arrive by the end of the business day on  August
10, 2007 please use the link below to contact us so we can