Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 415754 times)

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A
« Reply #1020 on: Dec 28, 2007 at 09:11 AM »
From my limited experience, expedited shipping is faster, provided you pickup the package from Royale Logistics.
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline sweetmisery

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1021 on: Jan 16, 2008 at 02:38 AM »
Forgive me for asking, Im new to all these. Getting movie discs from Amazon, mas OK ba if thru JAC? Are the infamous import fees still at large?

Offline vp_ortiz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
« Reply #1022 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 11:30 AM »
hi guys, i ordered a dvd from amazon nov 15th and the expected arrival date was dec 18th (by standard international shipping)... however, by dec 24th my shipment didn't arrive so i immediately told amazon and they sent a replacement shipment via expedited shipping (shipped dec 24th and will arrive jan 5th)... but the shipment still didn't arrive. i told them and they refunded the charges made to my cc.

yesterday, i was surprised that my replacement shipment arrived (jan 16th). now, i have to tell amazon again to charge my cc again since my shipment actually did arrive. though medyo hassle ok lang. pero somehow i'm tempted not to tell them that the package arrived (syempre with all the hassle) pero i think they have a way of knowing that their shipment arrived at the destination so sinabi ko na lang. i'm awaiting for their reply now.. sana hindi na lang ako i-charge...

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1023 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 02:58 PM »
hi guys, i ordered a dvd from amazon nov 15th and the expected arrival date was dec 18th (by standard international shipping)... however, by dec 24th my shipment didn't arrive so i immediately told amazon and they sent a replacement shipment via expedited shipping (shipped dec 24th and will arrive jan 5th)... but the shipment still didn't arrive. i told them and they refunded the charges made to my cc.

yesterday, i was surprised that my replacement shipment arrived (jan 16th). now, i have to tell amazon again to charge my cc again since my shipment actually did arrive. though medyo hassle ok lang. pero somehow i'm tempted not to tell them that the package arrived (syempre with all the hassle) pero i think they have a way of knowing that their shipment arrived at the destination so sinabi ko na lang. i'm awaiting for their reply now.. sana hindi na lang ako i-charge...

Better tell them. Its the right thing to do, esp. since they send two times and its not their fault to begin with.

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1024 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 03:06 PM »
I just saw this thread...and forgive me if this has been asked.

So Amazon will ship to the Philiippines (I'm talking about BR movies and PS3 games). How much is the shipping cost on the average?
By the way, are we talking about Amazon US or UK?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2008 at 03:07 PM by jeyps11_c »
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1025 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 03:16 PM »

So Amazon will ship to the Philiippines (I'm talking about BR movies and PS3 games). How much is the shipping cost on the average?

Thanks.

US for most anyway. And yes they ship those. Average, I checked mga 5-7 BR discs, $20 on regular shipping. Up to $45-55 for 2 days.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1026 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 03:17 PM »
Better tell them. Its the right thing to do, esp. since they send two times and its not their fault to begin with.

I agree....also this would give you "pogi" point with amazon.  Furthermore this would not only benefit you but help the country as a whole as Amazon would view our country as honest.

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
« Reply #1027 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 07:19 PM »
I agree....also this would give you "pogi" point with amazon.  Furthermore this would not only benefit you but help the country as a whole as Amazon would view our country as honest.

thanks for the input guys. anwyays, ive already sent them an email. so antay ko na lang anu sasabihin nila.

UPDATE:

After sending them an email informing them that my package finally arrived, here's the email that I got:

Thank you for writing to Amazon.com to let us know that your package arrived safely. We hope you enjoy your order.

I am sorry to hear about the problem you experienced with your shipment and please accept my sincere apology for the late delivery.

As the result is of our error we will not charge your credit card, you can keep the item with you with free of cost.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We appreciate your business and hope that you will give us the chance to serve you better in the future.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Hehe at least I get something for telling the truth :-)
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2008 at 04:03 PM by vp_ortiz »

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1028 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 10:13 AM »
WOW! daya. LOL! If the original shipment arrives, give it to us for further good karma!

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1029 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 11:29 AM »
Guys, lately ba, meron paring custom tax fee?

And is this for fast delivieries ba(Fed Ex, DHL, etc.) or kasali din sa local post office?

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #1030 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 11:38 AM »
thanks for the input guys. anwyays, ive already sent them an email. so antay ko na lang anu sasabihin nila.

UPDATE:

After sending them an email informing them that my package finally arrived, here's the email that I got:

Thank you for writing to Amazon.com to let us know that your package arrived safely. We hope you enjoy your order.

I am sorry to hear about the problem you experienced with your shipment and please accept my sincere apology for the late delivery.

As the result is of our error we will not charge your credit card, you can keep the item with you with free of cost.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We appreciate your business and hope that you will give us the chance to serve you better in the future.

Same happened with my order last November.. It pays to tell the truth..  ;D ;D ;D
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1031 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 12:09 PM »

UPDATE:

Good job!!!  Eh di malakas ka na ngayon sa amazon..... ;D

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1032 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 12:31 PM »

UPDATE:

Thank you for writing to Amazon.com to let us know that your package has arrived safely. We hope you enjoy your order.

I am sorry to hear about the problem you experienced with your shipment and so please accept my our sincere apology apologies for the late delivery.

As the result is of our of this error we will not charge your credit card, and you can keep the item with you with free of cost charge.

Hi bro, good for you  ;)  Good karma indeed.

On the letter, sorry am not an English prof or anything, but just can't help noticing the basic grammar errors in their response (highlighted in blue above).   I reckon these aren't just plain typos cause some sentence fragments were just 'off.'  Just to share as well, I called Amazon using their international number yesterday and guess what, I (fortunately) ended up talking to a Filipino customer service rep (CSR)...IN THE PHILIPPINES.  Well it's no secret of course that most of the CSR arm of the international firms contract the Phils given the lower operating costs down here (good for us given that this gave rise to the call center 'boom' in the country).  Well this CSR said they are not allowed to talk in Tagalog so we did converse in yankee speak, with international toll rates to boot for a call re-diverted to the Phils somewhere in QC.  ;)

Anyway having said that (this is the fun & mind-boggling part, drumroll please)... don't you think the e-mail was likewise sent 'on behalf of Amazon.'  It doesn't even look like a 'template' response but more like personally crafted (the fact he used '...pls accept my...apology), which is unlikely for an international firm to take a singular person point of view in these types of communications.  Hmmm, makes you wonder - he may be a fellow countryman.  ::)  Don't get me wrong, I love the kind act that they did - the syntax of the letter just threw me "off," which is supposedly coming from this big US company.  Hehe... just my personal comment guys, no offense to Amazon or anybody else in this forum.  ;)  Thanks for indulging me.  ;D

« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2008 at 01:11 PM by Marl_1 »

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1033 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 12:38 PM »

On the letter, sorry am not an English prof or anything, but just can't help noticing the basic grammar errors in their response (highlighted in blue above).   I reckon these aren't just plain typos cause some sentence fragments were just 'off.'  Just to share as well, I called Amazon using their international number yesterday and guess what, I (fortunately) ended up talking to a Filipino customer service rep (CSR)...IN THE PHILIPPINES.  Well it's no secret of course that most of the CSR arm of the international firms contract the Phils given the lower operating costs down here (good for us given that this gave rise to the call center 'boom' in the country).  Well this CSR said they are not allowed to talk in Tagalog so we did converse in yankee speak, with international toll rates to boot for a call re-diverted to the Phils somewhere in QC.  ;)

Anyway having said that (this is the fun & mind-boggling part, drumroll please)... don't you think the e-mail was likewise sent 'on behalf of Amazon.'  It doesn't even look like a 'template' response but more like personally crafted (the fact he used '...pls accept my...apology), which is unlikely for an international firm to take a singular person point of view in these types of communications.  Hmmm, makes you wonder - he may be a fellow countryman.  ::)  Don't get me wrong, I love the kind act that they did - the syntax of the letter just threw me "off," which is supposedly coming from this big US company.  Hehe... just my personal comment guys, no offense to Amazon or anybody else in this forum.  ;)  Thanks for indulging me.  ;D

LOL! Good point.

NOW, will someone please answer my queries in my previous post!!!  >:(   ;D

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
« Reply #1034 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 10:38 PM »

On the letter, sorry am not an English prof or anything, but just can't help noticing the basic grammar errors in their response (highlighted in blue above).   I reckon these aren't just plain typos cause some sentence fragments were just 'off.'  Just to share as well, I called Amazon using their international number yesterday and guess what, I (fortunately) ended up talking to a Filipino customer service rep (CSR)...IN THE PHILIPPINES.  Well it's no secret of course that most of the CSR arm of the international firms contract the Phils given the lower operating costs down here (good for us given that this gave rise to the call center 'boom' in the country).  Well this CSR said they are not allowed to talk in Tagalog so we did converse in yankee speak, with international toll rates to boot for a call re-diverted to the Phils somewhere in QC.  ;)

onga noh, you have a point... hehe kahit gramatically challenged yung nagsulat nun, ok lang sakin. at least i got my shipment for free.. medyo malaki din yung bill eh.

regarding the post above, i really have no idea about customs tax... so can anyone can answer it bago magwala yung poster? (joke lang... )
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2008 at 10:38 PM by vp_ortiz »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #1035 on: Jan 20, 2008 at 07:50 AM »

Thanks.
Blu-ray movies yes.  But PS3 games no.   You can use playasia.com for PS3 games.   Amazon rates for our country is $4.99 per shipment and $3.99 per title.   Thats Amazon US.

Offline alx

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1036 on: Jan 21, 2008 at 02:58 PM »
Guys, lately ba, meron paring custom tax fee?

And is this for fast delivieries ba(Fed Ex, DHL, etc.) or kasali din sa local post office?

bro, kapag local post office may tax!!

not sure with fedex...

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1037 on: Jan 21, 2008 at 03:08 PM »
Yeah there is in Fedex, someone I know had to pay P2,000+ for something he ordered online.

Anyway, I saw some post here claiming they paid only the usual 35 pesos thru postal office. Oh well, Ill just use JAC I guess.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #1038 on: Jan 21, 2008 at 03:14 PM »
Yeah there is in Fedex, someone I know had to pay P2,000+ for something he ordered online.

Anyway, I saw some post here claiming they paid only the usual 35 pesos thru postal office. Oh well, Ill just use JAC I guess.

If the total purchase is less than 50 USD usually wala na tax.. If more than that depends on the postal officer if i charge ka nya.. I had packages worth 80 USD before pero wala na man tax.  Basta pagdating mo sa post office window, smile ka agad.. wag naka simangot.. hehehe..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1039 on: Jan 21, 2008 at 10:17 PM »
If the total purchase is less than 50 USD usually wala na tax.. If more than that depends on the postal officer if i charge ka nya.. I had packages worth 80 USD before pero wala na man tax.  Basta pagdating mo sa post office window, smile ka agad.. wag naka simangot.. hehehe..

LOL! Many thanks!

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1040 on: Jan 23, 2008 at 02:23 AM »
Blu-ray movies yes.  But PS3 games no.   You can use playasia.com for PS3 games.   Amazon rates for our country is $4.99 per shipment and $3.99 per title.   Thats Amazon US.

I'll think I'll just have it delivered to my sister and get it when I visit her.
Most of the titles I am thinking of ordering I have watched anyways.
I just want them on BR. Mahal din pala.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline djdeejay

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1041 on: Mar 01, 2008 at 11:52 AM »
excited na ko sa order ko...

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #1042 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 12:54 PM »

the last time i bought from amazon was in 2000, this are my experiences with them.

1. beegees concert dvd, it did not arrived for 2 months, i emailed amazon and just like marl, they resend another one, and surprise! both arrived almost the same after a month, so the original order came after 3 months and the second in a month, i used the ordinary shipping. thing is, when i emailed them they also apologized and said i can keep the extra copy of the dvd. the packages arrived in manila post office malate branch (remedios st), when i went to the post office branch, they taxed me for the two packages! buti nalang libre na yung isa kaya i ended up still ahead.  ;)

2. when i bought the eagles concert dvd, this was also in year 2000, my friend in tarlac told me to send it to him since he knows someone in their post office. so i had it shipped to his house in tarlac. and when we pick it up in two months (nasanay na ako, did not panic and just waited for it to arrive), i paid the customary 30 pesos for the release, and what the post guy said was, anything within $100 they don't charge anything. that is why i hate the manila post guy more since the beegees dvds that came in two separate packages did not amount to 30$ each then. corrupt talaga.

3. after a long while, i purchased some bluray's in their last buy two get one promo this 2008, but since i was not sure if they will still ship to the philippines, i had it shipped to my sister's house in california, she is coming home in this end march.

so now, after reading the latest about amazon, it seems nothing has change. so my advise is if its going to be shipped to metro manila, you run the risk of the unscrupulous post/custom guy. i know i can't use ours (malate branch) because i'm pretty sure the old guy is still there after 8 years or replace by another corrupt one. but i can use my tarlac connection. so for guys who have tried it and their post guys lets them get the goods without taxes, i guess it safe to continue. for those who got taxed, mas ok talaga sa province, mas mababait pa tao dun.  ;D

hope my story helps.  :D

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1043 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 01:33 PM »
the last time i bought from amazon was in 2000, this are my experiences with them.

1. beegees concert dvd, it did not arrived for 2 months, i emailed amazon and just like marl, they resend another one, and surprise! both arrived almost the same after a month, so the original order came after 3 months and the second in a month, i used the ordinary shipping. thing is, when i emailed them they also apologized and said i can keep the extra copy of the dvd. the packages arrived in manila post office malate branch (remedios st), when i went to the post office branch, they taxed me for the two packages! buti nalang libre na yung isa kaya i ended up still ahead.  ;)

2. when i bought the eagles concert dvd, this was also in year 2000, my friend in tarlac told me to send it to him since he knows someone in their post office. so i had it shipped to his house in tarlac. and when we pick it up in two months (nasanay na ako, did not panic and just waited for it to arrive), i paid the customary 30 pesos for the release, and what the post guy said was, anything within $100 they don't charge anything. that is why i hate the manila post guy more since the beegees dvds that came in two separate packages did not amount to 30$ each then. corrupt talaga.

3. after a long while, i purchased some bluray's in their last buy two get one promo this 2008, but since i was not sure if they will still ship to the philippines, i had it shipped to my sister's house in california, she is coming home in this end march.

so now, after reading the latest about amazon, it seems nothing has change. so my advise is if its going to be shipped to metro manila, you run the risk of the unscrupulous post/custom guy. i know i can't use ours (malate branch) because i'm pretty sure the old guy is still there after 8 years or replace by another corrupt one. but i can use my tarlac connection. so for guys who have tried it and their post guys lets them get the goods without taxes, i guess it safe to continue. for those who got taxed, mas ok talaga sa province, mas mababait pa tao dun.  ;D

hope my story helps.  :D

Many thanks! I appreciate it indeed.

Im from Cebu though, so it MIGHT be different here. I got books from US with the 35 pesos payment lang. Havent tried movies pa. The last time I ordered BR was thru JAC. A friend of mine ordered some DVDs before though, 3 days shipping - FedEx charged him 2k +.

Ill probably just continue using JAC, I cant wait 2 months unlike you! lol

Offline emvi_2000

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1044 on: Mar 14, 2008 at 08:47 AM »
My order from Amazon which was shipped last feb 18 with AM tracking code finally arrived at the PO yesterday. Paid p35 for it. $20 value for a vinyl LP order (shipping included)

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1045 on: Mar 26, 2008 at 04:17 AM »
My order from Amazon which was shipped last feb 18 with AM tracking code finally arrived at the PO yesterday. Paid p35 for it. $20 value for a vinyl LP order (shipping included)

Standard shipping? 1 month plus huh? Too long for me, kasi I have no patience for such, and I get too excited. lol. Rather stick with JAC.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1046 on: Mar 26, 2008 at 08:27 AM »
1 month plus huh? Too long for me, kasi I have no patience for such, and I get too excited. lol. Rather stick with JAC.

Hehe I can certainly understand that. Balik Bayan box will take even longer ;D

Offline don

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1047 on: Apr 18, 2008 at 11:39 AM »
Hi guys! I just want to share my experience re: ordering BD titles on Amazon.com

I ordered 2 BD titles (galapagos, dve hd)  shipped last April 1 (standards shipping $12.97) and it was delivered to my office today. Total cost is $48.87 no tax, no fees.... The delivery estimate is on the 1st of May pa... kaya i'm so happy that it arrived 2 weeks early hehehe :) (received by the PO last April 15 - Laguna)
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2008 at 11:55 AM by don »

Offline darkgemini87

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1048 on: Apr 19, 2008 at 05:27 PM »
Kakapagod pala mag hintay kung pinapadala dito....
Ang ginagawa ko ay ang mama ko ang pinapaorder doon sa new york tapos padala niya dito...hehehe...
wala din kasi ako credit card... ;D ;D

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #1049 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 04:02 AM »
ano-anong cities ba ang sinasakupan ng royal logistics?
Absolutely no regrets!