Author Topic: Tested Today...The new Sony X series LCD and the SXRD Vs. competition and  (Read 5492 times)

Offline rok

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
may nakapag sabi sa akin na may problema daw yung mga display unit ng mga XRD model sa mga branches ng western appliances(limited lang kc ang may display ng XRD di lahat ng appliance store meron ni sm nga wala), bigla na lang daw nag shut down nireport nila 'tong issue sa office nila pero mukhang sinisecret nila 'to.....  :-\  kaya sa mga bibili dyan check nyo maige mahirap na laking investment 'to  ;D HAPPY NEW YEAR ;)

Offline dannielsimone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
Rok...perhaps you can find out some more info?

Thanx
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline rok

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
so far yun lang ang nasagap kong info, nasa sony kc yung friend ko nakwento nya sa akin regarding sa issue ng XRD sa mga branch ng western :o try nyo rin itanong sa sales ref ng sony sa mga western pero i duda akong aminin nila yan...

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
thanx rok.....you b da man!
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline TSXdriver

• Apprentice
  • Noobie here on this forum but long time A/V freak
  • Liked:
pictures of my Sony Bravia and Mitsubishi RPTV.....

« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2007 at 05:44 AM by TSXdriver »
Pinoy TSXdriver

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
Wow..that looks like the Bravia X series to me.

Some say it is the best HD picture in the market today!  TSXdriver...you be da man!!!

Are you loving life or what?
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline TSXdriver

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Wow..that looks like the Bravia X series to me.

Some say it is the best HD picture in the market today!  TSXdriver...you be da man!!!

Are you loving life or what?

Thanks dude.......your SXRD is an awesome unit also and HD sources is just as stunning as the Bravia.  My pictures just doesn't do justice to show you how beautiful these Sony sets are for watching HD content.  I mentioned in my earlier post my friend has an SXRD and I was just blown away on its PQ....thats where I got the idea to buy a new TV otherwise I would have stick with my old Mitsu RPTV for several more years.  Well enjoy your SXRD (btw I saw the SXRD hooked to a Bluray DVD and it was just like looking to a window).
Pinoy TSXdriver

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
TSX Driver....Thanx for those nice words about the SXRD.  I must say That a full line of 1080 P LCD's and rear projections are now hitting the local market but I have viewed a few and can only say that they are just not as good as our Sony's.   ;D  My HT is full of speakers and receivers as I am looking to add some finishing touches.  Check out the situation.

am pretty tired as it has been a long long day but wanted to keep you updated in "real time".

As you know I am no Audiophile and would be hard pressed to find the vocabulary to compare the  products I am demoing  so please put up with my novice approach. 

Firstly.....a few hic ups today.  Not enough speaker wire in the truck.  They were to bring a spool but they only brought 20 meters when needing 25-30 . ...oh well.....

Bought some speaker brackets from perfect vision which would have been great....but the back of the atoms/titans are a polymer type resin not wood so to drill a hole was not recommended. The ADP 370 surround dipole was also of the same polymer substance on the back so again could not drill( and the bracket that the 370 comes with is not adjustable ...having said that... Never should have bought  brackets in the first place as Paradigm provides  a swivel bracket mount upon request for both the atom and the titan..DUH!    So no worries here.  Must  order them. Unfortunatley for me the Paradigm supplier is closed till Jan 2 or 3

Unwrap the Onkyo and the black one I ordered turned silver ....no biggy the demo will go on!!!!

Set up the speakers with the Atom as surrounds.  The titan is just a bit too big as I feared with my limited head room and space. 

Unwrapped the Denon  receiver and thought it looked great.  Powered it up and the sound was real clean with the few CD's I played..  At 110 watts per channel I  thought this baby was about to blow me out of the water but must say....it did not. ( These are CD's that I and family had listened to many a time for many a year.).  System sounded real good though. Went on to some movie clips to see how the surrounds would work and they did the trick.  Speakers and receiver seemed to go pretty well with each other. Played a live Rock concert on DVD which is crystal clear in respect to quality.   Like the 90 watt Denon I auditioned in the paradigm shop I slowly cranked it up to  full volume. Was really surprised when the volume indicator stopped moving.    I was looking for the additional 10 watts you had recommended to me before).  Must also say that on the highest volume the speakers seemed to break up...got  muddy...and I was huffing and puffing with what I hoped was Adrenalin.  Unfortunately the Adrenalin was really ....well......dissapointment.     My son looked at me and said....that didn't sound to good there dad.   Asked myself Why were the monitor 7's  whimpering out?

Decided to give the Onkyo a try.  As soon as I put on the same DVD at low levels I noticed a major difference in the body and tone of the music.  Raised the volume  higher and higher and as I did the smile on my face  got bigger and bigger. Cranked up the music to about 90% which was louder than the Denon at full volume and had no break up or muddy sound.  Clear as a bell it was. Cranked up the volume to full and it sounded real good.....no distortion at all.  Tossed on the "red hot Chili peppers live at Slain Castle and it was killer.   Wife and kids came right out and said the Onkyo was better for them.  In my opinuion it was also better for me...big time! Very different than the Denon...much more Alive and open....and more powerful to boot.  Proceeded to listen to the same CD's as before of Usher (to test the sub) some rock, and even some pop (Madonna for the wife) and it was all kick Asssss take no prisoners.   

Am happy with the Paradigm speakers and am pleased with the Onkyo.  The combo to "my ears" seems to be the "REAL DEAL"!

REVIEW OF THE ONKYO 803

Part 1    http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_13_2/onkyo-tx-sr803-receiver-6-2006-part-1.html

Part 2   http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_13_2/onkyo-tx-sr803-receiver-6-2006-part-2.html

Part 3   http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_13_2/onkyo-tx-sr803-receiver-6-2006-part-3.html

DUDE....LET ME WISH YOU A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND LOTS OF FUN WITH YOUR MEGA TOY ;)
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline TSXdriver

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Happy New Year to you also!! looks like you got some serious equipment to set up...enjoy putting it together  ;D. One advantage about here is before you buy AV equipment you can audition it in the store...they usually have several rooms with equipment -  AV receivers Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo, etc., connected to speakers. I bought the Yamaha model #RX-V1000 as my AV receiver (it is 4 yrs. old now) but still works, main and rear (surround) speakers are Infinity (time to change them in the near future), center speaker - Boston Acoustics and sub is from M&K. From experience and advice from other people they said to trust your ears and do a lot of research so looks like your in the right path my man....Good Luck on your HT set up.
Pinoy TSXdriver

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
does  sony SXRD  have burn in issue? lcd projection tv man kaya ito

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
SXRD is a rear projecion TV which does not have a burn issue like plasma.   It is a relatively new technology so no one knows what will happen years from now. 
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
a few questions that hope to merit some answers

I am not torn between a 52inches Bravia 1080p and XSRD 60 inches.  How pc inputs fared? kasi sa Bravia lcd it's hi def daw thru it's HD PC 15 input. Is this the same as the XSRD?  another thing, ano ba tlaga different ni XSRD at ni Bravia?
thanks

Offline Kups

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Mga pre,

Ingat lang sa mga LCD projection.  Both Rear and Front.  Continuous use will cause color decay.  Naninilaw ba.  Ito yun finding ng research na ginawa ng several firms.  They compared DLP and LCD.  Maganda talaga LCD pag bago but after several thousands of hours, color decay will set in.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
Wow TSXdriver, Sony X series my dream hdtv..Excellent, nice tv