Author Topic: Pioneer Kuro Plasmas  (Read 39576 times)

Offline kyle618

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pioneer Kuro Plasmas
« on: Dec 03, 2006 at 01:23 AM »
which is better? both are selling for roughly the same price? may nagsabi sa akin mas ok daw yun 427 pero based on the specs the 436 wins hands down.

tama ba? we're planning on getting one soon.

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
Re: Pioneer PDP-4360HDG or PDP-4270HD?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2006 at 10:45 PM »
how much?

Offline kyle618

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2006 at 10:48 PM »
got it for 170k with the HTZ-656. good deal na ba? btw the 656 is 29k retail.

Offline qwerty765

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • ako ay isang lyama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2006 at 03:57 PM »
Which one did you get? Share naman you're experience. A friend of mine is considering buying an LCD, he just can't decide on what brand. So far his considering Toshiba or Hitachi. Probably he'll consider Pioneer also if there's a good review.

Offline kyle618

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2006 at 10:11 PM »
well pioneer is the best for plasma. for lcd, i think its a tie between the samsung and the sony since they share the same screen.

Offline dB10

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • karma does not discriminate
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2007 at 08:33 PM »
hi, where did you get your pio? thats a good deal indeed, does it have a local warranty or store warranty?
"...be careful & ready what you wish for, it may come true"

Offline louie777

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Pioneer Kuro Plasmas
« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2007 at 06:01 PM »
Hello,

Newbie dito sa site na to, just registered pero matagal tagal narin ako nagbabasa sa forums na to and i have to say a lot of people are very informative and friendly.

Balak ko kasi major renovation ung room ko, and with that i want to buy a new flat panel tv this december to be the center piece of the room. Ang current choice ko is Pioneer's PDP-4270XD

Any reviews or recommendation?

Based on several test para saakin malinaw tlaga pioneer kahit pirated or bootlegged dvds lang. Pero di ko pa nakita sa gaming.

The tv would be used 40 percent for gaming, 40 percent for movies and about 2o percent for cable viewing.

Any reviews? experience or recommendations?

BTW retail prices nya sa mall is 199,000 pero kapag cash makukuha daw for only 128k, thanks

« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2007 at 06:09 PM by louie777 »

Offline RXV

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • DVD Guru
  • The difference is in the detailsssss...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Pioneer Plasma review - Please help =)
« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2007 at 10:38 PM »
Sir, I suggest going to either Theater Works (Trinoma) or Sights & Sounds (Shangri-La), since they carry that brand. You could compare its picture quality to other brands (both plasma and LCD). It's best for your eyes to judge.  ::)

I heard that Pioneer Philippines offers excellent customer warranty support though. This could be one reason to buy a Pioneer (other than the excellent picture quality).

Good luck on your hunt. :)
FB: W Acoustics
Shopee: w_acoustics
IG: w_acoustics
OLX: wacoustics
VIBER / CONTACT: 0927-7904686

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 07:02 AM »
why dont you just wait for the coming new generation pioneer kuros? theyre much better but also more expensive...if you wait a little more that model's price should drop some more since its already last years model and would be phased out.

Those pioneers have good pq, the only reason i think most people dont consider them is becasue they cost more than the usual. If you can afford it then go for it.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 09:57 AM »
the guys are right,

1. since pios are more pricey than the others, to justify your expense, you should do a side by side single source comparison if possible ( or better similar player with similar disc with similar cable will be the best but a little inconvenient sa store at syo since you will need 2 test discs of same quality kahit good copy pir---- dvd) others will always say its less than its price difference but you're the best judge on your money's worth.

2. new generation kuros are making raves but of course price is the factor... pq difference? you have to do the same side by side, dont let others tell you whats ok for you, if you listen to all the marketing things going around you'l go crazy and never be able to decide conclusively. there will never be a perfect panel only a panel that suits your needs and budget at the moment of purchase.  they will always depreciate everytime a new model comes out, what doesnt? just choose whats best to your eyes and pocket and enjoy your movies! so if you're getting this pio panel now that it's 50% off its intro price go for it kasi bargain na yan, although if you wait a little more baka mas bumaba pa or baka naman ma out of stock ka, hahahay ang daming factors! better have a good relationship with the store to give you either further discount or a tip when to come back (syempre malabo ito)

i dont think the pio will be priced the same as the others even at this point of its market life, may difference pa din, but basing on all models out last Feb07 in malls and specialty stores being sold at its price point and below, its worth the price difference they ask for dahil malinis talaga ang pq nya compared sa others, and since they say that 1080p is not discernable naman sa regular viewing distance natin (unless you watch 6 feet or less from your tv, calling Dr. Sarabia!) ayos na ang resolution nya, sayang lang ang gastos sa 1080full hd panel unless bargain na presyo sya(2-3 yrs fr now), sa HD player at HDdisc mo na lang gamitin budget mo.

Offline louie777

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 12:35 PM »
got news that baka mag karoon nga ng clearance sale for that unit kasi darating na ung new models this november. So baka mga 100K nalang sya =)

If that is the case siguradong kunin ko na sya in a heart beat, kasi compared to sony, samsung and other lcd comparisons masmalinaw sya and hnd sya pixelated or grainy on some test done compared to others. Un lang nga masmataas sya sa iba pero worth it naman =)

Meron bang may ari ng unit na to? reviews or comments naman mga sir =)

Someone suggested pala to get a panasonic plasma since same price level pero masmalinaw daw panasonic? pero prang masmaganda design ng pioneer (Based on personal opinion lang, lam ko kasi raming may ari ng mga panasonic plasma sa forum na to =)

thanks again

Offline RXV

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 12:53 PM »
For me, the Pioneer is still the best plasma in terms of PQ, ganda ng colors at quality e.
Next is Panasonic.

Of course, it depends na lang on your budget. :)

Offline Tonmeister

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Art Of Sound
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 01:00 PM »
the pioneer plasma offers excellent picture quality and will definitely make one happy whatever the viewing application. it is arguably one of the best plasma tvs in the market. you can go to cnet.asia.com for reviews. my only con about this product is the price.
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2007 at 01:09 PM by Tonmeister »

Offline louie777

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 01:04 PM »
I think eto na kunin kong unit, got a quote na around 110K nalang sya from its retail price of 199,000 sa malls dahil lalabas na ung mga bagong models ng pioneer.

Taga pampanga pa ako so byahe ako cguro sa manila this week to buy it na, kasi baka maubusan ako kasi iphapase out na yta?

Dito pala ako sa angeles pampanga. Sino ba mga taga pampanga dito? =)

Offline louie777

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 01:07 PM »
Oo nga pre' tlgang sya ung isa sa pinakamahal sa size range nya. Buti nalang got a very nice offer from E-reply. Might be getting one this week. Just awaiting the text of sir Jeff, kasi masmalapit saamin trinoma =)

the pioneer plasma offers excellent picture quality and will definitely make one happy in various viewing applications. it is arguably one of the best plasma tvs in the market. you can go to cnet.asia.com for reviews. my only con about this product is the price.

Offline Tonmeister

• DVD Addict
  • The Art Of Sound
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 01:14 PM »
a lot of people like the panasonic plasma mainly because of its price-performance ratio. d naman kasi quantum leap ang difference in picture quality ng pioneer compared to the 70k panasonic plasma. sayang din kasi yung 40k, right? but if you have the money and want one of the best, then by all means buy the pioneer.

Offline Big Mac

• Collector
  • Village Idiot
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 01:55 PM »
Louie:

Pioneer plasmas are really good, you got to pay premium for it too.  Read the new Kuros reviews and its all top rate. 

Im a panasonic user myself so may I recomend the following:

Instead of a 42 Pioneer, you can get a 50 Panasonic  :)  Put your money at the extra 8 inches and it will be worth it. You can get a 50 at almost the same price as a 42 pioneer na.

Or if space is a limitation for your screen, get a 42 Panasonic, and use the savings of P50k to get a decent AV receiver, upgrade your system to decent speakers and get your wife/gf/mother something for xmas.  Everybody happy.  Kung may sobra ka pang 5k, get a pioneer upconverting dvd player.  So naka pioneer ka na. 

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 02:04 PM »
110t is a very good price :o, gusto ko sumama ang loob with the price drop :'( but considering the joy it brings me and my wife, ok lang kasi i got it when it was the best in the field and it hasnt let me down, until now it surprises me with its clarity specially when 576p ang disc upconverted to 1080i  ::)! wow! the more you feed it with good copies the more it shines...kaya nga im saving for a HD player para maximized ang full potential nya...tapos na ako sa question ng lcd-vs-plasma...BD-vs-HDDVD na ang dilemna ko  >:(

consider mo din suggestion ni mac, when i bought the 42 i thought malaki na sya, but after a week gusto ko na ng 50 kaya lang over na ako sa budget at hindi na talaga mag fit sa built-in entertainment cabinet ko >:( the thing is, everytime you increase the size, you want the next bigger size or the next! hay buhay walang kaligayahan!

Offline parak

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 02:09 PM »
Hi,

I would suggest you wait for the pioneer kuro to arrive. Side by side mo siya vs 427 and other hdtvs. Rank mo yung mga choices mo. Then compare mo price diff ng rank 1 sa rank 2, kung worth it for you, then ipon ka and buy. Dont make the mistake of buying yung hindi mo talaga gusto, konting ipon and patience lang.

For me naman, I love my 427. Ang tagal ko nag research and compare online, also, ang dami ko din ginawang side by side comparisons. For me, the best I saw was the pioneer plasma, so i saved up for a few months, sold also some of my personal stuff, then bumili nako. Well worth it for me! Too bad lalabas na yung kuros, i have to think of a way to sell my 427 hehe

Offline parak

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 02:11 PM »
110t is a very good price :o, gusto ko sumama ang loob with the price drop :'( but considering the joy it brings me and my wife, ok lang kasi i got it when it was the best in the field and it hasnt let me down, until now it surprises me with its clarity specially when 576p ang disc upconverted to 1080i  ::)! wow! the more you feed it with good copies the more it shines...kaya nga im saving for a HD player para maximized ang full potential nya...tapos na ako sa question ng lcd-vs-plasma...BD-vs-HDDVD na ang dilemna ko  >:(

consider mo din suggestion ni mac, when i bought the 42 i thought malaki na sya, but after a week gusto ko na ng 50 kaya lang over na ako sa budget at hindi na talaga mag fit sa built-in entertainment cabinet ko >:( the thing is, everytime you increase the size, you want the next bigger size or the next! hay buhay walang kaligayahan!

DB10, go format neutral na like me. Sulit sa pioneer 427 ko. My wife and I enjoys it talaga. Di ako nagsisisi na nagbayad ng malaking halaga. Worth it talaga.

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 04:24 PM »
DB10, go format neutral na like me. Sulit sa pioneer 427 ko. My wife and I enjoys it talaga. Di ako nagsisisi na nagbayad ng malaking halaga. Worth it talaga.

bro if I were only a gamer then i will have no problem being neutral, but i lost my appetite for games already and knowing i will be addicted with HD content, i have to concentrate on one format lang, as in buhos lahat when things clear up between the two, right now HDDVD tosh players are very very tempting...if only one more big studio realizes its time to side with it tapos na ang laban specially now that HDDVD players prices are crashing down which i beleive will be the key sa war na ito, very good SDdvd upconvertion at mura pa na region free HD player ano pa gusto mo?.... konti na lang....konting konti na lang ;D

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 09:57 PM »
If you want a plasma, avoid gaming.  If you want a Pioneer plasma, wait for the Kuro.  I think buying the previous generation's model now would be a waste of money.  The Kuro is the new king of black levels.
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2007 at 10:04 PM by barrister »

Offline louie777

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 11:50 PM »
kaso lang the new KURO model might be expensive... =( Around 160 or 190 cguro? Kasi ung dating price range ng binibili ko is around 160 and 190 before, clearance or liquidation sale lang kaya around 110K nalang ngayon.

How much ba ung panasonic na 50 inch? papost naman ng pic =)

Offline louie777

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 11:55 PM »
BTW kamusta pala ung pioneer kapag sa gaming na? Addict kasi ako sa games eh kaya cguradong lagi kong nilalaro ung ps3 and xbox 360 ko dito. Kamusta ung graphics and gameplay ? Thanks... =)

Offline parak

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 01:07 AM »
BTW kamusta pala ung pioneer kapag sa gaming na? Addict kasi ako sa games eh kaya cguradong lagi kong nilalaro ung ps3 and xbox 360 ko dito. Kamusta ung graphics and gameplay ? Thanks... =)

top notch!

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 07:35 AM »
kaso lang the new KURO model might be expensive... =( Around 160 or 190 cguro? Kasi ung dating price range ng binibili ko is around 160 and 190 before, clearance or liquidation sale lang kaya around 110K nalang ngayon.

How much ba ung panasonic na 50 inch? papost naman ng pic =)

fyi, price of pio 427 quoted to you is +50% off original srp, swerte kyo at you're buying now as the new model is coming in.

Offline Nemesis91

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Atlantic Technology THX Ulta II
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 10:11 AM »
Maganda din yung pioneer, mahal lang nga. ;) for the price of the 427 you can get the pana pv700 na.
side by side nyo and be the judge

Offline Tonmeister

• DVD Addict
  • The Art Of Sound
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 10:13 AM »
there will always be new technology, prices will go down and we will always play catch-up. so if you're going to ask me, just buy it if it makes you and your family happy. mahirap maexperience ang BUYERS REMORSE.
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2007 at 10:14 AM by Tonmeister »

Offline RXV

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 11:42 AM »
Wait na lang for the pioneer kuros, para bumaba pa yung price niyan. :)

It's either that you buy a 42" pioneer, or opt for a 50" panasonic plasma. Halos pareho lang price nila.
Iba pa rin kapag big screen. Hindi ka magsisisi.  8)

Offline louie777

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 11:57 AM »
thanks for all those that replied, visit ako tom sa sights and sounds and trinoma tom, Would update you guys kung ano kunin ko =) also post din ako ng mga pics =)