Author Topic: Pioneer Kuro Plasmas  (Read 39578 times)

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pioneer Plasma review - Please help =)
« Reply #30 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 12:10 PM »

Before deciding on the Pio, try the Panny's latest 50 inch plasma at sir Nemesis91's Trinoma shop.  You might change your mind. ;)  8)

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #31 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 12:20 PM »
I suggest also you audition the PV700 ay naku was there last sunday and have seen the PV700 side by side with other models and and ganda ng PV700. All i can say is "if only" if only nakita ko itong model na ito before, if only hindi nasabay sa audio upgrade ko, if only i can sell my 6 mths old Plasma, if only di magagalit wife ko kapag bibili ulit ako nito. Never ending if only  ;D  ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2007 at 12:27 PM by vtec3 »

Offline louie777

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 02:29 PM »
haha never ending tlga.. sabi nga nila man cannot be completely satisfied hehe.

Yup check ko din ung panasonic na 50 inch para sure =) Paka try ko lahat, minsanan lang naman bibili ng tv so kailangan ung walang pagsisi hehe.

I suggest also you audition the PV700 ay naku was there last sunday and have seen the PV700 side by side with other models and and ganda ng PV700. All i can say is "if only" if only nakita ko itong model na ito before, if only hindi nasabay sa audio upgrade ko, if only i can sell my 6 mths old Plasma, if only di magagalit wife ko kapag bibili ulit ako nito. Never ending if only  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #33 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 03:58 PM »
Its a good time to buy the 427 kasi the new models (Kuro) are coming out. IMO, the 427 has noticeably better PQ than the Panasonic 42PV70 but Php 50,000 better?  Definitely not. If Php 20,000 lang ang difference siguro I'll think about it.  But I'll definitely choose the 427 over the 42PV700 assuming they are priced equally.

I've seen the Kuro 428 in action.  I wasn't blown away but then its never as simple as that.  You really have to do a side by side comparo to see the differences. I saw the 42PV70 side by side with the 1080p 42PY70 and in a blind test, I honestly can say that I would've chosen the PV70. 

Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline parak

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 06:43 PM »
i saw the 50" 1080p kuro at best buy. ibang klase black levels. i suggest you wait for the kuro and do side by side against all models. also, try to read professional reviews, to help you what to look for when buying a tv. the more information you have, the better your choice will be.

for me, better na get something better than settle for something inferior. konting tiyagaan lang yan. konting tipid dito at tipid don, minsan magbaon ka lunch instead of eating out. eventually, you will reap what you sow.

alam ko konti lang kami naka pioneer dito sa boards dito, and di kami masyado maingay. kasi mahirap talaga mag recommend ng product na napakamahal. but i know, just like my fellow pioneer plasma owners, we are all  satisfied with what we have.

;D

Offline louie777

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Nov 07, 2007 at 12:19 AM »
Punta ako tom sa manila and test ko ng mga tv, post narin ako ng mga pics para sa mga iba na gusto bumili kasi rami ko nakita sa forums na interested din sa panasonic, so mapicturan ko narin, para makatulong din sa forum na to =)

Actually minsan kapag nasayo na ung tv at nsa bahay na at wala ka ng kacomparison, even an ok tv looks great =) Minsan kasi pumapangit lang ung tv or ung PQ kasi marami syang katabi na masmaganda haha.

Parang GF daw, kapag kyong dlawa lang sya ang pinakamaganda para sa iyo kaso kapag nasa labas na or nasa mall na dun lumalabas ung masmaganda LOL just kidding =)

Update tyo bukas mga pare =)

Its a good time to buy the 427 kasi the new models (Kuro) are coming out. IMO, the 427 has noticeably better PQ than the Panasonic 42PV70 but Php 50,000 better?  Definitely not. If Php 20,000 lang ang difference siguro I'll think about it.  But I'll definitely choose the 427 over the 42PV700 assuming they are priced equally.

I've seen the Kuro 428 in action.  I wasn't blown away but then its never as simple as that.  You really have to do a side by side comparo to see the differences. I saw the 42PV70 side by side with the 1080p 42PY70 and in a blind test, I honestly can say that I would've chosen the PV70. 

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Nov 07, 2007 at 09:54 AM »
Haha, good analogy.  100% agree.  8)
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline Big Mac

• Collector
  • Village Idiot
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Nov 07, 2007 at 04:31 PM »
Hello lithium

I actually did a side by side with a 427, a pv70 and a pv700 very recently.  Allow me to disagree that the 427 has noticeable better pq than the pv70.  I found it the other way around but not by much.  As for the pv700, way more impressive.  But then again, this is just me (my eyes, rather).

But I agree with your agreeing to the analysis on the "girlfriend when alone in an island vs girlfriend when you are in the mall". 

Louie to get back on track, try your best to compare apples against apples otherwise it wont do your comparison justice.  And let your eyes decide ha (and your pocket too). Either way, whatever makes you happy lang naman yan in the final analysis. 

Ganito nalang, pmail me, and If you want, i think I can help arrange an actual side by side for you. Surely that will help you seal your deal.

Offline parak

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Nov 07, 2007 at 07:49 PM »
agree din ako analogy mo. kaya nga nagsisi ako na nakakasample ako ng magandang tv, dahil now i know na there is something better out there, and if i get something inferior, lagi may nangungulit na boses sa likod ng isip ko na "bakit di mo kinuha yon, mas maganda yan eh"....hehehe.

tama nga sabi nila, ignorance is bliss.

Offline dB10

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • karma does not discriminate
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Nov 07, 2007 at 07:54 PM »
Hello lithium
I actually did a side by side with a 427, a pv70 and a pv700 very recently.  Allow me to disagree that the 427 has noticeable better pq than the pv70.  I found it the other way around but not by much.  As for the pv700, way more impressive.  But then again, this is just me (my eyes, rather).

So in the final analysis louie, it will be 'your' own preference sa panel that will choose the winner in 'your' search, just remember despite their pros and cons, you will not go wrong for sure with either of these panels!
"...be careful & ready what you wish for, it may come true"

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Nov 08, 2007 at 08:53 AM »
Hello lithium

Thats alright, kanya kanyang opinion lang naman. For me the 427 has a more natural color pallette and has noticeably less picture "noise" vis-a-vis the Pana's.
« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2007 at 08:55 AM by lithium_deuteride »

Offline louie777

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Nov 08, 2007 at 09:41 AM »
Just went to theaterworks yesterday, naguluhan lang ako nong pinakita ni sir jeff ung panasonic tvs haha. Very sure na kasi ako before sa pioneer tpos ung pinakita ung mga panasonic napadalawang isip ako hehe.

Right now iniisip ko din choice ung 50 inch ng panasonic kasi same price din sya nong pioneer and parang maganda syang tignan na wallmounted hehe. And katulad nong sinagest nong isang member dito na tlagang value for the money sya kasi ang laki ng 8 inches na difference.

Post ako ng mga pic mamaya sa visit ko sa theaterworks and the pics of the tv hehe

Offline RXV

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • DVD Guru
  • The difference is in the detailsssss...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #42 on: Nov 08, 2007 at 10:12 AM »
Yes sir malaki talaga diffrence ng 42" sa 50". :)

Either brands would do ok for you. No complaints from our members so far.  ;D
FB: W Acoustics
Shopee: w_acoustics
IG: w_acoustics
OLX: wacoustics
VIBER / CONTACT: 0927-7904686

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Nov 08, 2007 at 11:13 AM »
Just went to theaterworks yesterday, naguluhan lang ako nong pinakita ni sir jeff ung panasonic tvs haha. Very sure na kasi ako before sa pioneer tpos ung pinakita ung mga panasonic napadalawang isip ako hehe.

Right now iniisip ko din choice ung 50 inch ng panasonic kasi same price din sya nong pioneer and parang maganda syang tignan na wallmounted hehe. And katulad nong sinagest nong isang member dito na tlagang value for the money sya kasi ang laki ng 8 inches na difference.

Post ako ng mga pic mamaya sa visit ko sa theaterworks and the pics of the tv hehe

Sent you pm, Louie.

Offline Tonmeister

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Art Of Sound
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 08, 2007 at 11:42 AM »
bili na kasi :)

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Nov 08, 2007 at 11:22 PM »

Good for you.  It's a big expense, so it's best to visit a good shop.  Sir Jeff's shop is very popular here.

Yes, malaking difference talaga ang 8 inches.  Sa umpisa parang ang laki na ang 42"; after some time, parang maliit pa pala ...  :D  But the advantage is not just a bigger size, actually. 

Here's another reason why I recommend a 50 incher:

In appliance stores, I've observed 42" and 50" Vieras side by side at the same viewing distance using a single video source (standard DVD), and the result is consistent --- the picture quality on the 50" panel is always slightly better.   

No, I don't think it's because the 50" has a higher native resolution.  I think it's because the 50" panel is doing a better job of scaling the image.

The PV4270 and 42PV700, like most other 42" plasmas, have a native resolution of 1024x768.  The 1024x768 standard is also called "XGA" (Extended Graphic Array), a standard developed for computer monitors. 

Note that a 1024x768 resolution is equivalent to a 4x3 ratio.  How do they fit that resolution on a 16x9 TV?  They use rectangular pixels instead of square ones. 

The 50PV70 and 50PV700, like most other 50" plasmas, have a native resolution of 1366x768.  Note that this resolution is almost equivalent to a 16x9 ratio.

On a 16x9 panel, it's probably easier to scale images on square pixels rather than on rectangular ones because less calculations are required from the panel's scaling software. 

« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2007 at 11:23 PM by barrister »

Offline louie777

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Nov 08, 2007 at 11:59 PM »
Good for you.  It's a big expense, so it's best to visit a good shop.  Sir Jeff's shop is very popular here.

Yes, malaking difference talaga ang 8 inches.  Sa umpisa parang ang laki na ang 42"; after some time, parang maliit pa pala ...  :D  But the advantage is not just a bigger size, actually. 

Here's another reason why I recommend a 50 incher:

In appliance stores, I've observed 42" and 50" Vieras side by side at the same viewing distance using a single video source (standard DVD), and the result is consistent --- the picture quality on the 50" panel is always slightly better.   

No, I don't think it's because the 50" has a higher native resolution.  I think it's because the 50" panel is doing a better job of scaling the image.

The PV4270 and 42PV700, like most other 42" plasmas, have a native resolution of 1024x768.  The 1024x768 standard is also called "XGA" (Extended Graphic Array), a standard developed for computer monitors. 

Note that a 1024x768 resolution is equivalent to a 4x3 ratio.  How do they fit that resolution on a 16x9 TV?  They use rectangular pixels instead of square ones. 

The 50PV70 and 50PV700, like most other 50" plasmas, have a native resolution of 1366x768.  Note that this resolution is almost equivalent to a 16x9 ratio.

On a 16x9 panel, it's probably easier to scale images on square pixels rather than on rectangular ones because less calculations are required from the panel's scaling software. 

I think you have a point, kasi less pixelized ung mga images sa 50 inch na tv, when i did a side by side comparison nong pioneer and the panasonic almost same picture quality ung black levels lang tlga nag pinagkaiba ng pioneer...

hay...  ano kaya? hehe

btw ano pala tv mo pre?

thanks

Offline parak

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 02:27 AM »
bili na!!  ;D

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 06:24 AM »

I think you have a point, kasi less pixelized ung mga images sa 50 inch na tv, when i did a side by side comparison nong pioneer and the panasonic almost same picture quality ung black levels lang tlga nag pinagkaiba ng pioneer...

hay...  ano kaya? hehe

btw ano pala tv mo pre?

thanks

Sent you again pm that replied your inquiry.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 10:17 AM »
btw ano pala tv mo pre?

Panasonic 42PA60M.  It's an EDTV: 852 x 480 native rez.  This resolution is nearly perfectly matched to standard DVD, so scaling should be very easy.  Also, the unit runs cold no matter how long it's on. 

Panasonic phased out its EDTV consumer plasmas for the 10th gen.  EDTVs nila ngayon commercial models na lang (no tuner, no speakers).

The 9th gen Panasonic plasma had a problem called "purple snakes" ("magenta banding" is the tech term).  Only the 42PX60 and 42PX600 were affected -- they're 1024x768 panels. 

Those rectangular pixels could be more problem-prone than square ones.  No purple snakes appeared on 42" EDTVs and 50 inchers. Note that the native res on the EDTV (852x480) and the 50" (1366x768) are both 16x9.   

« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2007 at 10:17 AM by barrister »

Offline Tonmeister

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Art Of Sound
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 10:57 AM »
like what i said in my previous post, the pioneer plasma is better than the panasonic, mahal lang nga.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Nov 14, 2007 at 02:01 PM »
8) Aussie telly review, mate:

Pixel perfect
Posted by Jason Hill
November 14, 2007 7:28 AM

It was a sad day on Monday as Screen Play bid a solemn farewell to a 50-inch Kuro plasma the kind folks at Pioneer had let me test drive for a few weeks.

It's a stunning panel that has forced me to reassess my advice to friends, family and readers for when shopping for a high-def display. It even helped convince Mrs Screen Play we need a new screen.

http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/archives/008022.html

« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2007 at 02:03 PM by barrister »

Offline parak

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Nov 15, 2007 at 11:06 PM »

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Nov 16, 2007 at 08:47 AM »
mga sir may price advise na ba ang kuros dito sa atin?

Offline parak

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Nov 16, 2007 at 01:19 PM »
wala pa eh

Offline samlowry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 07:53 AM »
tinext ako ng isang taga automatic center.... may price na sila... I hope Sights and Sounds and Theater works post their prices na cause I'm sure they have better deals sa pio508/kuro.
Panasonic 58pz800u and BD55
Onkyo 876
Ps3/Xbox360
Dynaudio 6.1

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 10:42 AM »
hi samlowry, can you share with the board the price info on kuros?

Offline samlowry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 12:44 PM »
weird... my first post didn't push through...

anyways, pm E-reply (sights and sounds)!  Not sure why they don't post their prices on the main boards but they must have their reasons....
Panasonic 58pz800u and BD55
Onkyo 876
Ps3/Xbox360
Dynaudio 6.1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 01:36 PM »
I've been quoted 160T for the 428 Kuro at Automatic and provisionally, around 20T below that by one of our favorite stores in this forum.  Hopefully its going to be lower pa.  If so, I'm ready to pull the trigger on this baby. 

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 04:30 PM »
those are great starting figures, way better than 7th gen prices, i wonder if the full hd kuros will be coming to town too  ::)