Author Topic: Liteon 1673 & 1693 - CDR Problem  (Read 2163 times)

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Liteon 1673 & 1693 - CDR Problem
« on: Dec 04, 2006 at 01:55 AM »
Apparently there is a problem with these Liteon models which were released late last year. While burning cdr's, there would be an instance that the burning process will end with an error. After that, the drive would no longer read cds, it can only read dvd's. I should know as it happened to me 2 days ago. So i have sworn off liteon's and bought an  LG H22 lightscribe model.

Offline ADM202E

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
  • Liked:
Re: Liteon 1673 & 1693 - CDR Problem
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2007 at 01:53 PM »
Apparently there is a problem with these Liteon models which were released late last year. While burning cdr's, there would be an instance that the burning process will end with an error. After that, the drive would no longer read cds, it can only read dvd's.

Bro where did you  get the info? I have assembled 4 pcs for my friends with 1693s models last year, and none have resulted with the said issue. Mine is just brought last november and got no problem as well.

'Been a lite-on user since 2003, from 24x cdrw era to dvdrw 8x era, and so far I did'nt get any defective drives.
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2007 at 02:00 PM by ADM202E »

Offline alphazeta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2007 at 08:42 PM »
Apparently there is a problem with these Liteon models which were released late last year. While burning cdr's, there would be an instance that the burning process will end with an error. After that, the drive would no longer read cds, it can only read dvd's. I should know as it happened to me 2 days ago. So i have sworn off liteon's and bought an  LG H22 lightscribe model.

I think this just happened to my Sony-NEC-Optiarc MultiDrive. Crap. Were you able to fix your drive?

Offline Jett

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2007 at 08:28 AM »
this happened to me as well. now my drive can't burn CD/CD-RWs but no problem doing the same for DVDs.

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 08:15 AM »
I have to boot twice to get my 1683s to work, otherwise, the "redundant...." something error appears and won't read anything.  What is happening to liteons? :(
ALA EH!!