Author Topic: Suggested FS and Center with working budget of 50K  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Assassin101

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • chill
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Suggested FS and Center with working budget of 50K
« on: Dec 05, 2006 at 06:15 PM »
Hi guys,

I just desposed my FS's and my Center. Now I'm planning to buy a new Front and Center and if posible to also include the surround pero ok lang din kung ndi na kaya surround next time na lang sa April na lang upgrade nun. My working budget is 50k, any suggestions? I'll be powering the Fronts with an Onkyo 5160 Power Amp and the rest will be by my RXV650. ;D

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
Re: Suggested FS and Center with working budget of 50K
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2006 at 09:54 AM »
What may I ask were your old FS and Centers?

Offline Assassin101

• Collector
  • chill
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2006 at 11:20 AM »
What may I ask were your old FS and Centers?

i was using a 8CS for center and 8.4 and Opus 5 for fronts before.

Offline scofield

• Collector
  • Hi boss!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2006 at 11:37 AM »
bry, para sa iyo sa opinion ko lng dre ok na ok na bookshelves speaker...hanap ka lang ng magandang bookshelves speaker maganda na yun. para sa budget mo makakabuo ka n siguro ng 5.1 na bookshelves set up.

may nabasa nga ako dito sabi "ang mga speaker mo ay gaganda ang tunog basta ito ay busog" basta busugin mo lang ng power.

kase may maganda ka naman na subs, may power amp ka naman, pag nag FS ka baka puro base na..pero sa opinion ko lang yun. antayin natin yung opinion ng mga expert.

;)
Proud user of AVR135

Offline Assassin101

• Collector
  • chill
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2006 at 02:50 PM »
bry, para sa iyo sa opinion ko lng dre ok na ok na bookshelves speaker...hanap ka lang ng magandang bookshelves speaker maganda na yun. para sa budget mo makakabuo ka n siguro ng 5.1 na bookshelves set up.

may nabasa nga ako dito sabi "ang mga speaker mo ay gaganda ang tunog basta ito ay busog" basta busugin mo lang ng power.

kase may maganda ka naman na subs, may power amp ka naman, pag nag FS ka baka puro base na..pero sa opinion ko lang yun. antayin natin yung opinion ng mga expert.

;)

thanks terry for the suggestion. i'm also looking at BS, like the B&W602s3. but i'm still open for other suggestions ;D. ang gusto ko kasi last upgrade ko na ito sa fronts and center ko. para ma cure na muna SARS ko. h ;) ;D ;)

Offline scofield

• Collector
  • Hi boss!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2006 at 03:06 PM »
yan maganda yan..yan nga sana ang sugestion ko sayo eh.

wala atang katapusan ito eh. ako nga gusto ko na ulit mag palit ng avr kaso walang pampalit. hehehe

goodluck bro. ;)
Proud user of AVR135

Offline Assassin101

• Collector
  • chill
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2006 at 03:40 PM »
yan maganda yan..yan nga sana ang sugestion ko sayo eh.

wala atang katapusan ito eh. ako nga gusto ko na ulit mag palit ng avr kaso walang pampalit. hehehe

goodluck bro. ;)
palno ko nga rin kumuha ng HK335 pero next time na. hehehe! kaya lang pag nag BS ako kelangan pa ng stand. un nakita ko na mission same na un price ng BS+stand, kaya nag aalangan pa rin ako.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2006 at 04:37 PM »
Since you're in the market for an upgrade,  I really suggest you audition the speakers within your intended price range.  ALso try to research on the net for the models you have in mind.  Consider carefully that many speaker brands available locally are overpriced and do not reflect their true price points whcih you can check on the net.  You could be thinking that a more expensive speaker might be better but if you check the net, it may well be cheaper than your old speakers.  One thing you woudn't want is to go around in circles - meaning, you're not really upgrading but are getting just a different-sounding speakers.  But I leave that to your ears.  If a different sounding speaker is more to your liking, then get it.  I just hope you don't spend more for it than you did with your old speakers.   ;D  Well, maybe just a little.

« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2006 at 04:48 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2006 at 06:53 PM »
Hi guys,

I just desposed my FS's and my Center. Now I'm planning to buy a new Front and Center and if posible to also include the surround pero ok lang din kung ndi na kaya surround next time na lang sa April na lang upgrade nun. My working budget is 50k, any suggestions? I'll be powering the Fronts with an Onkyo 5160 Power Amp and the rest will be by my RXV650. ;D
pre, i can tell its coming...sooner or later you will be buying a separate power amplifier to boost your fronts. in this regard, i might advise you to do it right the first time. buy any bookshelf speaker that would suit your sonic preferrence in the 35-45Tphp price bracket. the remains can be used for your center speaker. i tell you, having a good BS for fronts and a separate stereo power amp to power them would redefine your sonic standards. consider the ff brands: BnW, paradigm, psb, jmlab, mission, wharfedale, kef, triangle, acoustic research, nht, tannoy...any speaker from this brand in teh 35 to 45Tphp price bracket would be good.
im allan - 09178087173

Offline Assassin101

• Collector
  • chill
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2006 at 08:19 AM »
pre, i can tell its coming...sooner or later you will be buying a separate power amplifier to boost your fronts...
before the planned upgrade of my fronts and center, i already acquired a separate power amp to help drive the new fronts. and i'm already eyeing the mission mid level spkrs. but ofcourse your suggestion are very much welcome to help me zero-in the target. i was also able to audition klipsch, b&w and dali. but unfortunately i was not able to distinguished the difference between those brand. might be because of my inexperienced ears and being a newbie in this hobby. one thing i can say though, they all sounded really spectacular. that's just my IMO. ;) ;D

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2006 at 10:20 AM »
You most likely won't be able to distinguish between various speaker brands that are well-built at first audition.   It woud really take a comparison between a good speaker and a lousy one to really perceive a distinction outright.    But if you use a CD track that is familiar to you, you just might be able to make a distinction if you can hear some instruments that were not there or don't hear one that's suposed to be there.  Or you might hear an instrument tonality differently, or you could perceive slightly better instrument localication and imaging, or perceive better depth due to deeper lows and airrier highs.  You have to be quite familiar with the material being played.   Just a thought. 

Offline Assassin101

• Collector
  • chill
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2006 at 03:11 PM »
my delema now is that i'm still new in listening to audiophile music. Before, i usually listen to techno, trance and house music.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2006 at 05:40 PM »
Well then, take your time.  Gaining audiophillic discrimination can't be achieved overnight.  For starters, attend live accoustic performances or concerts at the CCP or restos/hotel lobbies, not live open air rock or pop concerts which are artifically amplified in the first place and often drowned by crowd cheers.  Get the emotional highs attending these because that is what you want replicated at home.  (And if you can't be emotionally involved in these events, you will never know how you want your system at home to sound like.)   Learn to appreciate the sounds of real instruments up close.  Then your mind will eventually be conditioned to identify speakers that approach your listening experience with live music.  (It's the experience you want to replicate, not the actual sounds because there will never be a home playback system that does. At least not with commercial gears and at ordinary Joe's budget.  ;D)   Audition as many speaker set-ups as you can. Take as much time in auditoning each, especially with source materials you are familiar with.  Something will truly leap out to you that would tirgger an emotional involvement approaching you live listening experience.  Then you'd know what you want.  Just my thoughts.  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2006 at 05:42 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2006 at 06:41 PM »
my delema now is that i'm still new in listening to audiophile music. Before, i usually listen to techno, trance and house music.
i agree with avphile, listen to your most favorite audiophile music over and over again using different demo set ups. always bring this CD whenever you go out to shop or windowshop for speakers or gears. then again, comparing speakers while playing the same tracks on your fave CD but using different gears would also mess up your selection process. :) quite hard huh...it is really this painstaking if you wanted to achieve your most desired sound.
just to cite an example for you, i used to swap speakers after playing a single song for 3x and swap them back again after the same routine...i do this over and over until ive come up with a decision which speaker set is better. and this painstaking experiment i also did for the cdp, the preamp, the power amp, the interconnects, and the speaker cables...its a bit tiring but the reward i got could never be more fulfilling if i havent been through it.
im allan - 09178087173

Offline Assassin101

• Collector
  • chill
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Dec 07, 2006 at 07:17 PM »
thanks sir AV_phile1 and accastil. it is truely a difficult journey and a tiring one in getting the right system that matches your taste. as what sir accastil said it differ every setup of speakers and AVRs and only using your current setup will really distinguish the different sonic properties of each speakers. gusto ko nga sana audition using my receivers and power amp kaya lang wala ako car to go about. gusto ko sana maka kuha na before christmas coz i have a tendency to burn money. baka maubos lang tapos wala ako setup. hay nako hirap talaga. ???
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2006 at 07:19 PM by Assassin101 »

Offline sanmig_ph

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Sarap Magbago....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2006 at 09:27 PM »
for 50k budget, wharf evo30 + rotel power amp rmb1066 6x60 w.
audition it matutuwa ka bro. :D
He always provides!  and He always does when you least expect it!

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2006 at 03:18 AM »
thanks sir AV_phile1 and accastil. it is truely a difficult journey and a tiring one in getting the right system that matches your taste. as what sir accastil said it differ every setup of speakers and AVRs and only using your current setup will really distinguish the different sonic properties of each speakers. gusto ko nga sana audition using my receivers and power amp kaya lang wala ako car to go about. gusto ko sana maka kuha na before christmas coz i have a tendency to burn money. baka maubos lang tapos wala ako setup. hay nako hirap talaga. ???
for the sake of convenience, you may also want to consider tandem brands like bnw and rotel, nad and psb, cambridge audio and mordaunt short, anthem and paradigm, epos and creek, cayin and aurum cantus....most probably, these tandem brands would produce an neutral reproduction in terms of tonality and pitch. however, some other sonic properties like clarity, timbre, dimensionality, imaging would differ.
im allan - 09178087173

Offline Assassin101

• Collector
  • chill
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Dec 08, 2006 at 11:12 AM »
for 50k budget, wharf evo30 + rotel power amp rmb1066 6x60 w.
audition it matutuwa ka bro. :D

sir wala na evo sa spectra eh, how much did to buy your eve30? san meron rotel 1066 at magkano rin?

Offline sanmig_ph

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Sarap Magbago....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #18 on: Dec 08, 2006 at 02:29 PM »
sir wala na evo sa spectra eh, how much did to buy your eve30? san meron rotel 1066 at magkano rin?

may nag post d2 sa image harison meron daw rmb1066 at 33k.hindi ko din sure pre.
sa spectra nag order lang ako less than 30k for evo 30 & evo center,pero meron sila evo40 you can audition them.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2006 at 02:30 PM by sanmig_ph »
He always provides!  and He always does when you least expect it!