Author Topic: tweak curiosity  (Read 791 times)

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
tweak curiosity
« on: Dec 08, 2006 at 03:21 AM »
hi all, right now i am more than satisfied with my set up. however, i am curious what effect would tweaks such as vibrapods and brightstar audio isonodes would introduce to my system...anybody would care to share experiences regarding these? im not planning to spend too much on these tweaks...isonodes and vibrapods are really really cheap thats why im planning to give them a try.
im allan - 09178087173

Offline alvinthx2

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • System= source+amplification+speaker+ROOM
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: tweak curiosity
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2006 at 01:17 PM »
It wont hurt the system using these tweaks because they are just vibration dampers. As to an audible effect that would increase your listening enjoyment several notches, I doubt these things will help.

Acoustical solutions are much more effective way of increasing your listening enjoyment than any tweak I know off. :D
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2006 at 02:28 PM »
These tweaks although visually satisfying have a dubious reputation regarding sonic improvement. Some say there is and some say there is none. I belong to the latter.

In my experience, room improvements (acoustical solutions) do offer improvements. However since I lean towards the more technical side, the best improvements are electrical/electronic in nature. Just make sure that you compare vs actual or live performance. Some people are so subjective that reproduced music (via their playback systems) should be to what they think the music should be played not what how the music IS actually played.

For me as an example, no matter how good your playback system sounds or no matter how expensive it is, if the cymbals appear closer than how it is usually placed during live performance you need a sanity check. Firstly, the placement of each instrument should appear as they are in a live performance. How they sound is secondary.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2006 at 02:38 PM »
hi all, right now i am more than satisfied with my set up. however, i am curious what effect would tweaks such as vibrapods and brightstar audio isonodes would introduce to my system...anybody would care to share experiences regarding these? im not planning to spend too much on these tweaks...isonodes and vibrapods are really really cheap thats why im planning to give them a try.

they'll work best with vibration sensitive turntables. Doubtful on digital players.  They have to be so badly constructed as to be severely affected by vibrations that such tweaks become necessary. 
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2006 at 02:39 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline ProtegeManiac

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2006 at 08:55 PM »
I made "vibrapods" out of cement blocks from a builder's supply, then glued cork to the reverse side so it won't scratch the rack. also put marble blocks (again, with cork on the underside) on top (got the idea from tntaudio). on some songs the bass drum sounded a little hollow and lacking in punch overall, even when they're being pounded by left and right hands (not pedals), but I can count the CD's where I heard any improvement, and that would be less than 10, at least for audible difference. don't expect the improvement to jump out with every reference disc. if you want to gauge the vibration on the chassis regardless of audible improvement, I touched the chassis with and without the platforms, and without them you can feel the notes being played by the sub. to put that into perspective my rack is 5 inches away from the sub. but hey, when I did this it only cost me less than 300 bucks, cheap enough for what improvements I got out of it.